Installing aftermarket sub to replace factory sub - Page 2 - AcuraZine - Acura Enthusiast Community

Notices

Installing aftermarket sub to replace factory sub

Old 12-25-2018, 11:13 PM
JD8
Registered Member

Originally Posted by Bchester6 View Post
That is the most creative way to use a stock sub enclosure I've ever seen. Good job bro I'm glad you're enjoying the benefits.
Thanks! At first I was thinking I'd go the fiberglass route. This was much easier/cheaper and worked out great.
Old 01-04-2019, 02:30 PM
Registered Member

So I finally updated the rear sub. I used a Bazooka 10" 100 watt powered sub which I bought used for 125 CAD. I tapped into the wires going to the factory sub and hooked them to the high-level input on the bazooka. For 12V power I used a cigarette lighter plug and plugged it into the console. The wire runs under the removable carpets and into the rear. This sub is about 21 inches long so it does occupy a fair amount of space. It provides tons of bass. I would have been a bit happier if I could have found the 8 inch version of this product used somewhere since I'm sure the amount of bass would still be fine. One of the best aspects of this setup is that it includes a small box with a rotary control knob for volume that you can mount up front for easy access while driving. Took about 90 minutes to install completely. (not including tapping into the factory sub wires..I did that last year and it was pain to get to them) Takes about 10 seconds to unplug it and remove if needed.

Last edited by Skidoor; 01-04-2019 at 02:33 PM.
Old 01-07-2019, 09:02 AM
Registered Member

Bazooka tubes are sneaky good. I've done many installs with them and never do they disappoint. Point it towards the rear of the vehicle for best results.

Last edited by Bchester6; 01-07-2019 at 09:05 AM.

Search this Thread

Contact Us Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.