Horrible Experience with NAVTOOL Customer Service

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2016, 02:41 AM
Racer

Received 175 Likes on 105 Posts
I had no idea that this thread even existed. I was getting a laugh (after I requested my refund from my CC company) about how shameless NavTool responded to questions on the pre-order form, but some of the banter on here is even more ridiculous.

For most of the last month, the members who are still patiently waiting (God bless them) have been simply asking for status and the whole time NT has been on here defending not refunding $17.
The following users liked this post:
kagetsu (07-23-2016)
Old 05-19-2016, 07:48 AM
ceb
Suzuka Master

Received 1,276 Likes on 951 Posts
Originally Posted by ceb
...and was smarter with more common sense.

That doesn't bode well for NavTool considering that rocky was dumber than dirt and had no common sense.

While nobody should be faulted for poor English, that doesn't jibe with the "Made in America, for Americans, by Americans" image they are trying to sell. Bonus points for anyone who can tell me the movie reference (Hint: it is from a collection of short skits by someone who was a band member).

I think we can safely assume that the OP never got copies of the cashed checks (probably because there never were any) and that he'll never see any money.

The Google reviews on these guys are scary. The predominant ones refer to NavTool as crooks, liars and thieves interspersed by a 5 star review probably done by them.

We have positive evidence that they don't tell the truth - not only in this thread but in their product description. They bill their product as "plug and play" but when you get it you realize hat you actually to have hack away at your wiring loom to get power - that isn't "plug and play".
Since nobody caught the reference, here it is:

kagetsu (07-23-2016)
Old 05-19-2016, 07:53 AM
ceb
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by Hoosier_TLX
I had no idea that this thread even existed. I was getting a laugh (after I requested my refund from my CC company) about how shameless NavTool responded to questions on the pre-order form, but some of the banter on here is even more ridiculous.

For most of the last month, the members who are still patiently waiting (God bless them) have been simply asking for status and the whole time NT has been on here defending not refunding $17.
You bring up a great point. This thread is perfect proof of NavTOOL's incompetence for any credit card company.

Let's face it, those poor folks that are still waiting on their parts from NavTOOL aren't going to get them and they might as well just print off this thread and send it to their credit card company with a request for a chargeback.
kagetsu (07-23-2016)
Old 05-19-2016, 12:30 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 875 Likes on 669 Posts
Originally Posted by ceb
You bring up a great point. This thread is perfect proof of NavTOOL's incompetence for any credit card company.

Let's face it, those poor folks that are still waiting on their parts from NavTOOL aren't going to get them and they might as well just print off this thread and send it to their credit card company with a request for a chargeback.
They MIGHT get it, in another few YEARS
kagetsu (07-23-2016)
Old 05-19-2016, 01:19 PM
ceb
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by RDX10
They MIGHT get it, in another few YEARS
and if they get it, then it will be scratched, dented and won't work right.
kagetsu (07-23-2016)
Old 05-19-2016, 03:06 PM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by ceb
and if they get it, then it will be scratched, dented and won't work right.
And then they will have to go through absolute hell trying to get their hard earned money back
kagetsu (07-23-2016)
Old 05-19-2016, 03:32 PM
Advanced

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
@NavTool - if you're still monitoring this thread - I'm still looking for updates on the MDX HDMI Adapter, I've emailed Vitaliy, let me know if there's a better way to reach you outside of this forum.

@All - yeah, this whole thing turned into a storm, but there's still some outstanding deliveries, so hopefully that happens.
kagetsu (07-23-2016)
Old 05-19-2016, 10:24 PM
Racer

Received 94 Likes on 71 Posts
Originally Posted by 808tesh
@NavTool - if you're still monitoring this thread - I'm still looking for updates on the MDX HDMI Adapter, I've emailed Vitaliy, let me know if there's a better way to reach you outside of this forum.

@All - yeah, this whole thing turned into a storm, but there's still some outstanding deliveries, so hopefully that happens.
I'm pretty sure you won't be hearing from Navtool on this site, as the moderators have banned them.
kagetsu (07-23-2016)
Old 05-20-2016, 06:29 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by markm929
I'm pretty sure you won't be hearing from Navtool on this site, as the moderators have banned them.
I figure that - but hey, if they see the message, its another blip on the radar.

it's not like i haven't been working w/my cc on the side for months now, i just kept it off the boards because I'd rather get the product. it's not going to break the bank, its just the principle of the matter.
kagetsu (07-23-2016)
Old 05-20-2016, 07:44 PM
Suzuka Master

I figure that - but hey, if they see the message, its another blip on the radar.

it's not like i haven't been working w/my cc on the side for months now, i just kept it off the boards because I'd rather get the product. it's not going to break the bank, its just the principle of the matter.
After months and months of not getting the product and constant lies about date of arrival, at what point do you decide enough is enough and take your money back?
kagetsu (07-23-2016)
Old 05-23-2016, 04:56 PM
Advanced

After months and months of not getting the product and constant lies about date of arrival, at what point do you decide enough is enough and take your money back?
who said i'm not trying to take my money back? I'm surprised to see how hot and bothered everyone gets - can't stress on what you have no control over. Doesn't mean i won't press NavTool for updates on my order still floating out there. Afterall, they have my money.

That said, navtool's chat window / website customer service said below. Posting here for posterity and for the other 4 who might still have orders stuck with Navtool.

I'll continue in the vein of this thread though - yes, they have horrible customer service. I'll be glad when something gets delivered. Lucky is the one contesting $17 vs $250...

"
NavTool Sales:
Hello, thank you for visiting. Can I help you in any way?
Me: hello! I have a customer service question about my order
NavTool Sales:
hi
Me: I know my order is in development - I'm just looking for a status/delivery update

Calling you now...
NavTool Sales: what your order numebr

You are talking to NavTool Sales
Call with NavTool Sales completed
Me: no one answered via the 'call me'
im not sure what my order number is, i can give you the date of the charge
its for this item: NavTool NAVSGF3.0-HDMI + HAGRY
i can provide my email address if that's tied to the order
NavTool Sales: you on preorddr?
Me: yes
I haven't heard in a few weeks on the status of shipment
so I'm writing here to check
NavTool Sales: acura order shipping next week by tuesdasy
its confirmed
Me: that's great news! I appreciate it.
NavTool Sales: you welcom
"
kagetsu (07-23-2016)
Old 05-23-2016, 06:47 PM
ceb
Suzuka Master

who said i'm not trying to take my money back? I'm surprised to see how hot and bothered everyone gets - can't stress on what you have no control over. Doesn't mean i won't press NavTool for updates on my order still floating out there. Afterall, they have my money.

That said, navtool's chat window / website customer service said below. Posting here for posterity and for the other 4 who might still have orders stuck with Navtool.

I'll continue in the vein of this thread though - yes, they have horrible customer service. I'll be glad when something gets delivered. Lucky is the one contesting $17 vs $250...
Tomarrow is tuesdasy so it should be shiping suun, butt I thing they just told you yeb vas.
kagetsu (07-23-2016)
Old 05-23-2016, 08:20 PM
Suzuka Master

Hot and bothered? No.

Trying to look out for your well being? Yes.

Will care any further? Throw your money into a fireplace for all I care.
kagetsu (07-23-2016)
Old 05-23-2016, 10:33 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 4,612 Likes on 2,193 Posts
I requested a refund by email last week, but I have heard nothing about either a refund or shipping a product. I am officially pissed. Actually, I was pissed a month ago, now I'm livid. I simply don't believe the "shipping next Tuesday", though I do appreciate 808tesh's attempt to obtain information.
kagetsu (07-23-2016)
Old 05-24-2016, 07:55 AM
ceb
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by neuronbob
I requested a refund by email last week, but I have heard nothing about either a refund or shipping a product. I am officially pissed. Actually, I was pissed a month ago, now I'm livid. I simply don't believe the "shipping next Tuesday", though I do appreciate 808tesh's attempt to obtain information.
Actually, the shipping is "next tuesdasy". Accordingly, you'll have to wait for the first tuesdasy before you can get to "next tuesdasy". According to the yeb vas calendar, next tuesdasy will be.... never.

file a chargeback with your credit card company now. According to most credit card agreements, vendors have 30 days to ship from the time they've gotten your credit card. If not, they have to write you and ask for your explicit permission to extend the ship date.

Since the product hasn't shipped (and you what you'll get if they do ship), the easiest thing to do is charge back now.

If you wait until you get a box of coal from the vendor then the charge back will be more difficult - as you got something. Since nothing has shipped a charge back is simple.
kagetsu (07-23-2016)
Old 05-24-2016, 04:48 PM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by ceb
Actually, the shipping is "next tuesdasy". Accordingly, you'll have to wait for the first tuesdasy before you can get to "next tuesdasy". According to the yeb vas calendar, next tuesdasy will be.... never.

file a chargeback with your credit card company now. According to most credit card agreements, vendors have 30 days to ship from the time they've gotten your credit card. If not, they have to write you and ask for your explicit permission to extend the ship date.

Since the product hasn't shipped (and you what you'll get if they do ship), the easiest thing to do is charge back now.

If you wait until you get a box of coal from the vendor then the charge back will be more difficult - as you got something. Since nothing has shipped a charge back is simple.
Next tuesday....in the year 2025 maybe!
kagetsu (07-23-2016)
Old 05-24-2016, 07:22 PM
ceb
Suzuka Master

Next tuesday....in the year 2025 maybe!
Nobody said next tuesday - they said next tuesdasy. That day does not exist on our calendars, but clearly exists on the yeb vas calendar that NavTOOL is using.
kagetsu (07-23-2016)
Old 05-25-2016, 01:58 AM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by ceb
Nobody said next tuesday - they said next tuesdasy. That day does not exist on our calendars, but clearly exists on the yeb vas calendar that NavTOOL is using.
Hahah I just noticed. Lool too good. It is like a literal but indirect way of saying never. The spelling mistakes in that message thread had me cringing, you really can't be that bad at spelling. Unless you really just don't care, I personally support the latter vs the former.
kagetsu (07-23-2016)
Old 05-25-2016, 06:55 AM
Racer

Originally Posted by ceb

Charge back with NavTool has been anything BUT simple. I'm nearing 3 months of back and forth with them through my credit card company. They've fought it every step of the way. I truly believe they have absolutely no cash in the bank to handle refunds.
kagetsu (07-23-2016)
Old 05-25-2016, 07:01 AM
ceb
Suzuka Master

Charge back with NavTool has been anything BUT simple. I'm nearing 3 months of back and forth with them through my credit card company. They've fought it every step of the way. I truly believe they have absolutely no cash in the bank to handle refunds.
Then you need to find another credit card company. If they haven't sent you the product then they really have no leg to stand on.

What excuses are they using? That you knew that they weren't going to ship the product for 234 years? There appears to be a pattern of fraud here. Send your credit card company a copy of this thread.
kagetsu (07-23-2016)
Old 05-25-2016, 11:30 AM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by ceb
Then you need to find another credit card company. If they haven't sent you the product then they really have no leg to stand on.

What excuses are they using? That you knew that they weren't going to ship the product for 234 years? There appears to be a pattern of fraud here. Send your credit card company a copy of this thread.

When I have any issues, I simply call the credit card company, they ask me what the situation is and then tell me they will go after the other party to get my funds back. Really shouldn't be harder than that.
kagetsu (07-23-2016)
Old 05-25-2016, 11:56 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 4,612 Likes on 2,193 Posts
Originally Posted by ceb

Yup, I know the rules. I used AmEx and they are so easy to deal witih in this situation. Haven't left home without my Green card for almost 30 years because of this.
kagetsu (07-23-2016)
Old 05-25-2016, 12:00 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 8,584 Likes on 6,630 Posts
Amex FTMFW... I use it for any items I want Extended warranty on or if it's a dubious seller like on ebay or kickstarter.

Plat card baby

I'm surprised you're not rocking a Gold or Platinum Bob!
kagetsu (07-23-2016)
Old 05-25-2016, 01:00 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by ceb
Tomarrow is tuesdasy so it should be shiping suun, butt I thing they just told you yeb vas.
lmao, i needed that laugh today

Hot and bothered? No.
Trying to look out for your well being? Yes.
Will care any further? Throw your money into a fireplace for all I care.
@RDX10 - i didn't mean any offense in my reply to you, I know you're not the hot and bothered one and appreciate your advice/looking out, that's why we're a community of enthusiasts! I kept my charge-back discussions off the forum because I wanted NavTool to be straight w/me on it (i know, i know, good luck right?) .. eh like i said, i'm chalking it up to a loss at this point, heck, I forget about this thread every week until monday rolls around - I really do value your posts man, you do good work.

Originally Posted by neuronbob
Thanks Neuronbob, I know we've all gone through hell and back on this process, figured someone's got to keep a pulse till it's dead-dead. I'm curious to know where it leads.. it doesn't take much effort anyway to ask

Originally Posted by thoiboi
Amex FTMFW... I use it for any items I want Extended warranty on or if it's a dubious seller like on ebay or kickstarter.
Plat card baby
'm surprised you're not rocking a Gold or Platinum Bob!
ugghh yeah, my AmEx is my primary, i used a Google Wallet Mastercard (since it's a controlled-load card, not tied to any real accounts, figured it's best for sketchy online transactions - figure if it's a loss, at least that number isnt tied to anything I care about) - wish I had used the AmEx now, since their customer service is awesome

Last edited by 808tesh; 05-25-2016 at 01:03 PM.
kagetsu (07-23-2016)
Old 05-25-2016, 01:27 PM
Racer

I am just beyond amazed that NavTool still hasn't sent the members their products yet. I know they are completely full of crap, but after they did ship the Corvette modules I was sure that BY NOW they would have delivered on the 5 Acura modules remaining.

I was never hot and bothered about the process, and I did wait for a long time before asking for a refund but I was getting tired of the constant B.S. and lack of firm updates.

I really, really want the modules to get shipped to the members here and ideally, they'll install them without issue. I would still like to see the product working in the cars, but I'll never buy a NavTool product because of this debacle. I can only hope some other company manufactures a unit soon because I do want the features.

Good luck guys and as of now, we're under a week until next "Tuesday".
kagetsu (07-23-2016)
Old 05-25-2016, 06:36 PM
ceb
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by Hoosier_TLX
I am just beyond amazed that NavTool still hasn't sent the members their products yet. I know they are completely full of crap, but after they did ship the Corvette modules I was sure that BY NOW they would have delivered on the 5 Acura modules remaining.

I was never hot and bothered about the process, and I did wait for a long time before asking for a refund but I was getting tired of the constant B.S. and lack of firm updates.

I really, really want the modules to get shipped to the members here and ideally, they'll install them without issue. I would still like to see the product working in the cars, but I'll never buy a NavTool product because of this debacle. I can only hope some other company manufactures a unit soon because I do want the features.

Good luck guys and as of now, we're under a week until next "Tuesday".
Doesn't Naviks sell a similar product?

So, next tuesdasy was yesterday. Since it doesn't appear that anything shipped, I'd say that there is sufficient evidence (even for Google wallet) to get a chargeback.
kagetsu (07-23-2016)
Old 05-25-2016, 10:28 PM
Racer

I'm not sure if Naviks makes a product for our Acuras yet or not. I know a member named Baelim was looking for alternatives and even trying to mirror a smartphone himself but I think this proved too difficult without the correct interfaces. I have also heard mixed things about Naviks, but I'd gladly look into something from them before I ever go with the big Tool.

Something I noticed that always bothered me about the Tool is that their spelling and grammar is atrocious. I don't know if 808's copy of his chat log was verbatim, but it wouldn't surprise me. The part about "Made in America, by Americans, for Americans using 100% American made products" should add "supported by illiterate Americans".
kagetsu (07-23-2016)
Old 05-25-2016, 11:27 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 849 Likes on 679 Posts
100% I would put my money on whoever responds in all these threads not being of American descent.
kagetsu (07-23-2016)
Old 05-26-2016, 02:10 AM
Suzuka Master

@RDX10 - i didn't mean any offense in my reply to you, I know you're not the hot and bothered one and appreciate your advice/looking out, that's why we're a community of enthusiasts! I kept my charge-back discussions off the forum because I wanted NavTool to be straight w/me on it (i know, i know, good luck right?) .. eh like i said, i'm chalking it up to a loss at this point, heck, I forget about this thread every week until monday rolls around - I really do value your posts man, you do good work.
It's okay, I just thought you were getting annoyed at me for trying to help you, so I was kinda like alright there.....

You should actually post all your dealings with "the tools" on here, because getting public awareness will increase pressure on their end. Obviously you are not the first or only person to be given the run around, therefore, did you really think that not putting them on blast would effect anything? It is at the point where "the tools" decided to start attacking me and other members that it got personal.

I appreciate that you value my posts. I am only trying to help .
kagetsu (07-23-2016)
Old 05-26-2016, 08:37 AM
ceb
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by usdmJON
100% I would put my money on whoever responds in all these threads not being of American descent.
Originally I thought they were Chinese based upon sentence structure, but now I think they are Russian.

And you know they are still hanging here monitoring this thread even if they can't answer. It must be painful for them.

What this thread proves is how quickly you can kill a company's reputation by a fairly insignificant customer service faux pas - they clearly can afford the rent on the broom closet in that office building adjacent to a strip mall so the $17/16/14/11 is an insignificant amount to kill your business over.
kagetsu (07-23-2016)
Old 05-26-2016, 01:34 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by ceb

Well it's a Citi card, but that card may go away after this issue.

So I submitted the CC claim, then NavTool had 45 Days to respond to the claim, which was a single sentence along the lines of "Part of a custom pre-order." Then I had to submit additional documentation to the CC company. Now NavTool has an additional 45 days to respond to my response.

The whole mess has been daunting to say the least.
kagetsu (07-23-2016)
Old 05-26-2016, 03:14 PM
ceb
Suzuka Master

Well it's a Citi card, but that card may go away after this issue.

So I submitted the CC claim, then NavTool had 45 Days to respond to the claim, which was a single sentence along the lines of "Part of a custom pre-order." Then I had to submit additional documentation to the CC company. Now NavTool has an additional 45 days to respond to my response.

The whole mess has been daunting to say the least.
Sigh. Read this and then scroll to the bottom and read the paragraph about "When MUST I cancel the order?"

Once you've read that, email a copy to your credit card company. Since your chargeback has been going on for more than 45 days it is clearly in excess of 30 days or whatever they promised in the group buy.
kagetsu (07-23-2016)
Old 05-27-2016, 02:37 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by ceb
Sigh. Read this and then scroll to the bottom and read the paragraph about "When MUST I cancel the order?"

Once you've read that, email a copy to your credit card company. Since your chargeback has been going on for more than 45 days it is clearly in excess of 30 days or whatever they promised in the group buy.
Thanks for the link
kagetsu (07-23-2016)
Old 05-27-2016, 05:10 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 849 Likes on 679 Posts
Originally Posted by ceb
so the $17/16/14/11 is an insignificant amount to kill your business over.
LOL
kagetsu (07-23-2016)
Old 07-23-2016, 07:12 AM
Hacker

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
So just a heads up, its now July, I'm heading to comiccon... It's been the cruise to Alaska, E3, Anime Expo, and now Comicon craziness... I hopped on to see if they ever actually responded with some sort of proof they sent me a check and it "cleared"... But of course not lol... They also ignored the other 11 emails I've sent them. When I spoke to them on their "chat box" on the website, after asking about the proof of the check, the operator mysteriously goes to lunch or something cuz he never responds again ROFL... It's sad cuz the NAVTOOL device actually works quite well once you get it... *sigh*

Update:
Just read through the rest of the thread... No never got the 17 bucks or w/e I don't even remember what it is now, I posted the PDF of the receipt hahahaha. @ceb ur posts are awesome hahahahahahaha I love blunt people that get straight to the point... 14 vendors to keep a forum alive? I run forums all the time, it costs like nothing to keep it up. 14 quality vendors continue... All it takes is one good one =D

Last edited by kagetsu; 07-23-2016 at 07:18 AM.
Old 08-21-2016, 06:17 AM
Pro

Received 218 Likes on 135 Posts
I'm about to become a new RDX owner and had never even heard of "NavTool" until now - but I can absolutely say this much:

After reading all the defensive, snarky, thoroughly unprofessional posts by this clown company on here, never in a thousand million years would I ever consider wasting not even one second of time nor $.01 of my hard-earned money on this nasty steaming pile. I don't care if they sell the best thing since sliced bread, which they very obviously don't - a great, satisfying purchase is NOT based on just a product in and of itself...it's also what happens after they take your money. I'd either do without or go somewhere else. Pathetic way to do business - no thanks. Go away.
Old 08-22-2016, 02:41 PM
Cruisin'

I'm a brand new TLX owner, and wanted a CarPlay. I was told by members of this forum CarPlay isn't possible and Navtol is my best option. I placed an order today, let's see how it goes.

P.S.
i was skeptical after reading this post but there is no alternative and it seems that many members here use their product .
Old 08-22-2016, 05:22 PM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by Levonotar
I'm a brand new TLX owner, and wanted a CarPlay. I was told by members of this forum CarPlay isn't possible and Navtol is my best option. I placed an order today, let's see how it goes.

P.S.
i was skeptical after reading this post but there is no alternative and it seems that many members here use their product .
Good luck with your purchase, but don't be shocked when you never get it. But also please share with us if you don't so mire people can be aware.
Old 08-22-2016, 05:25 PM
Cruisin'

I will, but I see many reviews on acurazine from people that got Navtool recently
Old 08-23-2016, 04:10 PM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by Levonotar
I will, but I see many reviews on acurazine from people that got Navtool recently
Just keep in mind that most of those few people were waiting many months.