Horrible Experience with NAVTOOL Customer Service

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2016, 04:57 AM
Hacker

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Horrible Experience with NAVTOOL Customer Service

So I purchased a Navtool sometime in August 2015. It took them almost a month to tell me that "simple human error" that they forgot to ship my order. The expedited the order to me and sent me a device I told them looked like a Used scratched up return from someone. The unit WAS the new 3.0 hdmi. Upon installation and repeated emails with their support over the next month the service department around October FINALLY decided that the device really was Dead on Arrival and asked me to return it by UPS Ground as the shipping would be reimbursed.

Almost a month later and emails chased between support, sale, and accounting which I believe now are all the same person, they finally shipped me a new device. The device has some strange issues like it would gray snow every now and then, and get extremely hot, but over all it's worked rather well when it works. At times the device would have issues with picking up the HDMI signal or the sound would cut off completely until I power cycle the device by stopping and starting my engine.

Over all the entire transaction has been nothing short of a nightmare. This company in my opinion makes wonderful devices have excellent capabilities, but I would HEAVILY have you all consider a different company and unit if you can avoid them.

Since October to now I've been fighting them over email as they have NEVER ONCE answered a phone call EVER, over 17 fawking dollars that they promised to reimburse as soon as the new unit was was shipped. Its April 2016 now, not a single email via their on website form, direct emails to customerservice@navtool.com or sales@navtool.com has EVER been answered since December. The last email they sent they stated they'll send another which OF COURSE never happened, as I sent follow up emails ask what address are you sending it to??? Which of course were all ignored...

Most peculiar is when you chat with people on their sales channel they all have NASTY spelling errors and respond extremely unprofessionally...

I've sent another round of emails to them via all their different ways to contact. See if they ever respond.

BTW the techsupport chat person was the only person that was a pleasure to chat with, he was knowledgeable about the installation and how it works. He was very good with figuring out installation issues through chat. He recommended I get in contact with their accounts payable department, but I'm still convinced I'll be ignored...

I will update if they respond and correct this issues... But I figure I spare the rest of you this headache.

Kage-
Old 04-17-2016, 11:43 AM
Banned

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts
Originally Posted by kagetsu
So I purchased a Navtool sometime in August 2015. It took them almost a month to tell me that "simple human error" that they forgot to ship my order. The expedited the order to me and sent me a device I told them looked like a Used scratched up return from someone. The unit WAS the new 3.0 hdmi. Upon installation and repeated emails with their support over the next month the service department around October FINALLY decided that the device really was Dead on Arrival and asked me to return it by UPS Ground as the shipping would be reimbursed.

Almost a month later and emails chased between support, sale, and accounting which I believe now are all the same person, they finally shipped me a new device. The device has some strange issues like it would gray snow every now and then, and get extremely hot, but over all it's worked rather well when it works. At times the device would have issues with picking up the HDMI signal or the sound would cut off completely until I power cycle the device by stopping and starting my engine.

Over all the entire transaction has been nothing short of a nightmare. This company in my opinion makes wonderful devices have excellent capabilities, but I would HEAVILY have you all consider a different company and unit if you can avoid them.

Since October to now I've been fighting them over email as they have NEVER ONCE answered a phone call EVER, over 17 fawking dollars that they promised to reimburse as soon as the new unit was was shipped. Its April 2016 now, not a single email via their on website form, direct emails to customerservice@navtool.com or sales@navtool.com has EVER been answered since December. The last email they sent they stated they'll send another which OF COURSE never happened, as I sent follow up emails ask what address are you sending it to??? Which of course were all ignored...

Most peculiar is when you chat with people on their sales channel they all have NASTY spelling errors and respond extremely unprofessionally...

I've sent another round of emails to them via all their different ways to contact. See if they ever respond.

BTW the techsupport chat person was the only person that was a pleasure to chat with, he was knowledgeable about the installation and how it works. He was very good with figuring out installation issues through chat. He recommended I get in contact with their accounts payable department, but I'm still convinced I'll be ignored...

I will update if they respond and correct this issues... But I figure I spare the rest of you this headache.

Kage-
Please provide shipping receipt fro $17 dollars we will reimburse you.
Old 04-17-2016, 11:43 AM
Banned

We cant give out money on your say so
Old 04-17-2016, 11:47 AM
Banned

@kagetsu so whats the total $17 ? $16? $15? $14? $13? $12? $11?

you post that you want $17,

1. you always change the amount
2. you cant provide any proof
Old 04-17-2016, 08:06 PM
ceb
Suzuka Master

Received 1,276 Likes on 951 Posts
I think the responses here, as well as their responses in other threads, give the impression of a very unprofessional company.

If they told the customer that they would reimburse him for shipping (and they don't seem to be denying that), does it make sense for them to argue over a few dollars after all the issues the customer has had with their crappy product.

These are the types of risks one takes with dealing with tiny little companies. They'll go under unless they learn the words "customer service".

I'm sure they'll respond to me with another totally inappropriate response like they have in the past.
The following users liked this post:
HEnb (06-16-2019)
Old 04-17-2016, 08:11 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by ceb
I think the responses here, as well as their responses in other threads, give the impression of a very unprofessional company.

If they told the customer that they would reimburse him for shipping (and they don't seem to be denying that), does it make sense for them to argue over a few dollars after all the issues the customer has had with their crappy product.

These are the types of risks one takes with dealing with tiny little companies. They'll go under unless they learn the words "customer service".

I'm sure they'll respond to me with another totally inappropriate response like they have in the past.
I would agree about customer service, if the customer had legitimate concerns.
Old 04-18-2016, 07:18 PM
ceb
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by navtool.com
I would agree about customer service, if the customer had legitimate concerns.
Carry on and keep posting inappropriate replies as it exposes your true inability to provide any sort of customer service.

The customer is always right even when he is wrong. In this case, the customer seems to have a legitimate complaint and these types of complaints about Navtool are all over the internet.

You never once said "We never told the customer that we would refund his shipping" nor did you ever say "we responded to each of his emails." Accordingly, the reader must assume that the OP is correct and you are wrong.

You should be able to call your local UPS office and ask what it costs for a private party (non-commercial account) to ship from the OP's zip code to yours. If it is anywhere near $17 then your next and final post in thread should be "We refunded the OP $17 and apologize for the inconvenience. We will also take steps to improve our customer service and apologize to the forum for our inappropriate posts in the past."

Anything other than that and you might as well just close up shop on this forum.

The best product with no customer service is a very bad product.
Old 04-18-2016, 07:37 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 869 Likes on 665 Posts
Originally Posted by ceb
Carry on and keep posting inappropriate replies as it exposes your true inability to provide any sort of customer service.

The customer is always right even when he is wrong. In this case, the customer seems to have a legitimate complaint and these types of complaints about Navtool are all over the internet.

You never once said "We never told the customer that we would refund his shipping" nor did you ever say "we responded to each of his emails." Accordingly, the reader must assume that the OP is correct and you are wrong.

You should be able to call your local UPS office and ask what it costs for a private party (non-commercial account) to ship from the OP's zip code to yours. If it is anywhere near $17 then your next and final post in thread should be "We refunded the OP $17 and apologize for the inconvenience. We will also take steps to improve our customer service and apologize to the forum for our inappropriate posts in the past."

Anything other than that and you might as well just close up shop on this forum.

The best product with no customer service is a very bad product.
I am still loling at "If the customer had legitimate concerns". What the hell is actually wrong with the clowns running this company? If you have the audacity to publicly call any of your customers'( i.e someone who paid for your living) concerns illegitimate when they feel that is is purely legitimate, you can kiss your sinking shit hole company down the toilet.

Stop giving a public display of your customer service ineptitude by positing snarly angry posts and either prove them wrong, or shut up and fix YOUR mistake.
Old 04-18-2016, 07:44 PM
Banned

Customer hasn't replied since he posted, we don't know who that customer is. We provide return labels for all exchanges.
Old 04-19-2016, 08:09 AM
ceb
Suzuka Master

Customer hasn't replied since he posted, we don't know who that customer is. We provide return labels for all exchanges.
Damn, you guys are ignorant. Re-read YOUR posts 2, 3 and 4. From those posts it is very clear that you know EXACTLY who this customer is (or have you screwed so many customers out of return shipping that they all blend together?)

At this point NOBODY can believe anything you say.

If you provide return shipping labels then why didn't you say so in your first post instead of arguing over the amount?

If the customer really is unknown then you could have ended this thread by saying "We'll be happy to refund the shipping costs if the OP contacts us with his address."

This is not the first thread where your product condition (scratched, dented, looks used) and your abusive customer service has been brought up.

Any moron who deals with this company is a gullible fool.

At this point, you have to respond in order to try to resurrect even a shred of your reputation - but - your response will again be inappropriate, rude and insulting. If, by some slim chance, you actually respond correctly it'll be too little, too late.

Check
Old 04-19-2016, 08:14 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 8,576 Likes on 6,626 Posts
Nothing new here...

Fuel to the fire of a shitshow that is here: https://acurazine.com/forums/sponsor...-acura-937085/
Old 04-19-2016, 08:18 AM
ceb
Suzuka Master

Wait. I've got it. Navtool has those "New York values" that Cruz was talking about. I guess he bought a Navtool and that was his only experience with New Yorkers.

It all makes perfect sense now. Cruz is the OP.

Now you know who he is - send him his money.
Old 04-19-2016, 10:28 AM
Banned

We like to help all the customers, but when we have no idea who the customer is it makes it impossible.
Old 04-19-2016, 01:12 PM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by thoiboi
Nothing new here...

Fuel to the fire of a shitshow that is here: https://acurazine.com/forums/sponsor...-acura-937085/
Looooool that thread was a complete shitshow, just like this whole company and the people running it. I had to cringe at the complete in-transparency with this company. I personally can't beleive anyone ordered and waited that long to get a product they don't even know existed. Then they read all the audacious, atrocious, single-cell minded replies by this company and still waited? Granted, I only got to page 6....that was enough.

Can't beleive this vendor is still a vendor on here.
Old 04-19-2016, 01:19 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 2,181 Likes on 1,210 Posts
Originally Posted by RDX10

Can't beleive this vendor is still a vendor on here.
Former Vendor.

"Vendor" in his title was put there by him.
Old 04-19-2016, 01:20 PM
Senior Moderator

Originally Posted by ggesq
Former Vendor.
Gotta update his title to reflect that
Old 04-19-2016, 01:20 PM
Banned

This was a pre-order that we successful fulfilled and supporting on corvetteforum.com, we are trying to do same here.

we fulfilled over 600 units on corvette forums, and supporting it daily
Old 04-19-2016, 01:21 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 2,181 Likes on 1,210 Posts
Gotta update his title to reflect that
Working on it
Old 04-19-2016, 01:24 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by ggesq
Working on it
vendor status was put there by RON A. so we can support existing pre-order
Old 04-19-2016, 01:50 PM
Administrator

Received 1,001 Likes on 572 Posts
The word "Vendor" was put in there by IB, but does not mean he is still actually a vendor. If he were, it would be highlighted in orange.

He is allowed to be here solely to respond to posts and try to clear up this mess, and there are several threads already running on these topics.

Normally, vendors only get special preference regarding threads in the Group Buy Forum, but are fair game in the open forums.

Since he is a vendor in name only, no special preference anywhere.

Once all of this comes to a satisfactory conclusion, IB will evaluate the reults and make a final decision regarding his vendor status.
The following 3 users liked this post by Ron A:
ceb (04-19-2016), ggesq (04-19-2016), thoiboi (04-19-2016)
Old 04-19-2016, 08:07 PM
ceb
Suzuka Master

Seems to me that he's "cleared it up" pretty well by now. He might owe the OP money, but doesn't know how much because the OP keeps asking for different amounts. He owes the OP nothing because he always sends out prepaid return labels, but he can't do anything because he doesn't know who the OP is.
Old 04-19-2016, 11:43 PM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by ceb
Seems to me that he's "cleared it up" pretty well by now. He might owe the OP money, but doesn't know how much because the OP keeps asking for different amounts. He owes the OP nothing because he always sends out prepaid return labels, but he can't do anything because he doesn't know who the OP is.
You forgot that he knew the op originally (because he kelt changing the amount) and then halfway through didn't know who he was anymore. Lol this is funny
Old 04-20-2016, 06:26 AM
ceb
Suzuka Master

You forgot that he knew the op originally (because he kelt changing the amount) and then halfway through didn't know who he was anymore. Lol this is funny
This outfit sounds like a couple of clowns who think they can con the customers.

I'm waiting on their answer. If they don't answer then they're dead in the water. If they do answer, then they'll probably drown themselves.
Old 04-20-2016, 12:07 PM
Banned

Due to outburst like above OP its impossible to bring any product to forum mebers, one person ruins it for all
Old 04-20-2016, 02:00 PM
Suzuka Master

Due to outburst like above OP its impossible to bring any product to forum mebers, one person ruins it for all
So when someone gets shitty service like yours, they should keep quiet and avoid "outburst"? Get a load of yourself buddy, you sound like a complete idiot.

Lol "impossible to bring any product to forum members" hahaha this is funny. This clown is trying to make it sound like we are missing out.

Oh and he mentiones the happy members on corvette forums, where his vendor status was removed because he almost scammed 300 people....lol
Old 04-20-2016, 02:04 PM
Banned

So when someone gets shitty service like yours, they should keep quiet and avoid "outburst"? Get a load of yourself buddy, you sound like a complete idiot.

Lol "impossible to bring any product to forum members" hahaha this is funny. This clown is trying to make it sound like we are missing out.

Oh and he mentiones the happy members on corvette forums, where his vendor status was removed because he almost scammed 300 people....lol
unfortunately you have no idea what you talking about, what 300 people? scammed? if you post something at least post real information
Old 04-20-2016, 02:16 PM
Senior Moderator

Wow so confrontational as a vendor, how are you still in business

How about learn proper business etiquette aka the Customer is always right, stop making excuses and be upfront about any impediments you may experiencing and maybe customers won't have to resort to online forums to blast your company and ruin your reputation.

Just a thought
Old 04-20-2016, 02:18 PM
Banned

Customer is not always right. But let's just keep that between you and me
Old 04-20-2016, 02:23 PM
Senior Moderator

You do realize that in this age of the Internet, online reviews can make or break a company despite whatever great product you may have..

But let's keep that between you and me and keep up your smart ass responses.

I have no dog in this hunt and am DAMN glad I procrastinated and missed the group buy. With the way I see you interact with your customers here, I would be completely terrified of owning your product and God forbid have to reach out to Customer Support.

Keyword there being support..

Navtool company
Old 04-20-2016, 02:55 PM
2021 RDX A SPEC

Received 308 Likes on 189 Posts
wow... this navtool outfit sounds like some fly by night gypsy kwan do operation...

based on how they respond to customers.. I WOULD NEVER RECOMMEND THEM TO ANYONE... NOT EVEN MY WORST ENEMY.

This needs to be splashed everywhere...
Old 04-20-2016, 03:00 PM
Suzuka Master

LOOOOOOOL this is too much. This guy is actually funny now. This is amusing. Your company will go down in flames, but lets just keep THAT between you and everyone on the internet who can see these posts.
Old 04-20-2016, 03:13 PM
Senior Moderator

Originally Posted by Acura604
wow... this navtool outfit sounds like some fly by night gypsy kwan do operation...

based on how they respond to customers.. I WOULD NEVER RECOMMEND THEM TO ANYONE... NOT EVEN MY WORST ENEMY.

It is, it's called the Internet.
Old 04-20-2016, 03:17 PM
ceb
Suzuka Master

So a customer who asks for a promised refund of shipping costs is an "outburst?"

unfortunately you have no idea what you talking about, what 300 people? scammed? if you post something at least post real information
You're right. RDX apologizes for the false information. It was actually well over 300 people.

Happy now?

For a pittance of shipping costs, the customer is always right.

But, don't worry. In the days before the internet, it was accepted that a satisfied customer told two others and an unsatisfied customer told 8 others.

Today, with the internet, a satisfied customers tells almost nobody but a dissatisfied customer tells several thousand.

You'll see, thousands of people will learn about your company and the way you treat customers. They'll find out very quickly.

You might want to pack up and go home. From your sentence structure and syntax, I suspect that "home" is China. Good luck there. While customer service there is far different from the west, it has changed significantly in the past years and they won't put up with you either.

Originally Posted by Acura604

Uncle Noon worked the night shift sewing zippers into pants - that was a real "fly by night" operation.

You do realize that in this age of the Internet, online reviews can make or break a company despite whatever great product you may have..

But let's keep that between you and me and keep up your smart ass responses.

I have no dog in this hunt and am DAMN glad I procrastinated and missed the group buy. With the way I see you interact with your customers here, I would be completely terrified of owning your product and God forbid have to reach out to Customer Support.

Keyword there being support..

Navtool company
Check...and... Mate

Navtool - please respond, it is so much fun reading your nonsensical responses.

I wonder how we can get this thread into the first page of a Google search? That would be fun too.

Last edited by ceb; 04-20-2016 at 03:20 PM.
Old 04-20-2016, 03:29 PM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by ceb
So a customer who asks for a promised refund of shipping costs is an "outburst?"

You're right. RDX apologizes for the false information. It was actually well over 300 people.

Happy now?

For a pittance of shipping costs, the customer is always right.

But, don't worry. In the days before the internet, it was accepted that a satisfied customer told two others and an unsatisfied customer told 8 others.

Today, with the internet, a satisfied customers tells almost nobody but a dissatisfied customer tells several thousand.

You'll see, thousands of people will learn about your company and the way you treat customers. They'll find out very quickly.

You might want to pack up and go home. From your sentence structure and syntax, I suspect that "home" is China. Good luck there. While customer service there is far different from the west, it has changed significantly in the past years and they won't put up with you either.

Uncle Noon worked the night shift sewing zippers into pants - that was a real "fly by night" operation.

Check...and... Mate

Navtool - please respond, it is so much fun reading your nonsensical responses.

I wonder how we can get this thread into the first page of a Google search? That would be fun too.
Yes Ceb, don't you know? This is play school and we are all children, we musn't have outbursts. Someone who paid this clown hard earned money must not make outbursts either when ripped off.

Yes I am sorry, I am sorry I painted this company in a better light than they deserved. Well over 300 people. Thanks for the correction Ceb.

I deal with chinese vendors on Amazon on a daily basis, their customer service is impeccable. I emailed and asked why my item took 2 weeks too long to ship and they offered to reship the whole shipment without hesitation without asking for any money from me whatsoever. Now THAT is solid customer service.

These responses are fun aren't they? Actually giving me a good kick. I love being told to post "real information" by a company. Haha too good.
Old 04-20-2016, 04:01 PM
Banned

I'm surprised apple is in business.

when you purchase our product, you get quality products made in USA , with 7 days tech support.

have you listened to presidential campaigns, i'm surprised we don't have another cold war
Old 04-20-2016, 04:06 PM
ceb
Suzuka Master

One of my friends has a company that deals extensively with Chinese manufacturers (ceramicware) and he was trying out a new company so he sent them a sample - a green mug with his logo on it and said "I want a cup just like this".

In return he got a cup - a different size, a different shape and a different color. The name on the logo was misspelled.

When asked about it, they said "it is a cup and it has a logo. That is what you wanted.

I think that company branched out to become Navtool ("tool" being used in a slightly derogatory way)

He is now dealing with a company that gives him exactly what he asks for and on time. When they make a mistake they own up to it, make it right and give him additional discounts. They don't quibble over a few dollars of shipping costs because they know that the reputation for customer service is probably more important than the actual product quality.

These "tools" make a crappy product and have zero customer service (is there such a thing as "negative" customer service?
Old 04-20-2016, 04:08 PM
Banned

we have 1000's of customers just on this site alone happily using our products since 2006

People that make post like OP , not necessarily a customer. we don't even know who the customer is
Old 04-20-2016, 04:09 PM
ceb
Suzuka Master

I'm surprised apple is in business.

when you purchase our product, you get quality products made in USA , with 7 days tech support.

have you listened to presidential campaigns, i'm surprised we don't have another cold war

Mods - these guys have had their chance to resolve the issue. They haven't and continue to act like clowns. I'm not sure that their label of "vendor" (in orange or not) is doing IB any good anymore.

Just food for thought.
Old 04-20-2016, 04:17 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by ceb
Mods - these guys have had their chance to resolve the issue. They haven't and continue to act like clowns. I'm not sure that their label of "vendor" (in orange or not) is doing IB any good anymore.

Just food for thought.
just by reading your comments, i can say your not a very mature person. You cant read and form opinion. Someone said something and you just keep barking up the tree.

any one who used our products know the quality of support and customer service
The following users liked this post:
Levonotar (08-22-2016)
Old 04-20-2016, 04:22 PM
ceb
Suzuka Master

we have 1000's of customers just on this site alone happily using our products since 2006

People that make post like OP , not necessarily a customer. we don't even know who the customer is
Thousands of customers on this alone, huh?

Time to cough up your books so we can see those lists. You accuse RDX10 of lying and then you come up with such an outlandish number.