When Will RX8's Learn?

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2008, 01:59 PM
Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by CH46ESeaKnight
I can respect the RX-8 for what it is.

But stock for stock a CLS auto will still spank that ass. In a straight line that is.

Don't get so asshurt, your on a Acura forum, what did you expect to be said.

And as for your beloved rotory engine, that 1.3 liters drinks more fuel than my 5.3 liter SUV! Wow how efficient is that?
i think he expected us to just kinda stand by and let him yap his mouth.
Old 11-27-2008, 02:57 PM
01 Type-S, Sexy Silver

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
Easy guys... If he's yappin his mouth then what are we doing? He really hasn't said much, just shared some info. Ease up huh?
Old 11-27-2008, 03:36 PM
Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum

Originally Posted by disgruntlednut
Easy guys... If he's yappin his mouth then what are we doing? He really hasn't said much, just shared some info. Ease up huh?
meh. im just feeling aggressive for some reason. haha
Old 11-27-2008, 06:19 PM
i heart latin chicks

Received 64 Likes on 16 Posts
Originally Posted by canaryrx8
Actually the new MX-5 and the 8 share the same chassis but to say the 8 looks like a Miata is reaching a bit, if not just being straight up stupid.
I was asking who's stock here since everyone here seems to be going around picking on stock Rx-8's, which is pretty unimpressive, hell, picking on ANYthing stock is pretty weak unless it's a Zonda or something, seeing how a lot of folks here apparently are not stock that just makes it that much more pathetic, kinda' like the people who roll up on me on sport bikes blowing by me on the freeway, wow, must be really hard to do that in a 3-400 pound pocket rocket.
Pretty remarkable all the inane shit talking I encounter about the power the 8 has too, I think it's pretty amazing they put out over 200hp naturally aspirated with an endless redline using only 1.3 liters and half an empty engine bay, I'd love to see how much hp anyone here would have with a 1.3L piston engine, I can tell you, it would probably be close to about 68hp. There are several modded 8's running over 400hp now, still with only 1.3 liters and a huge snails attached, not to mention several in Puerto Rico running 20b's and getting 7-8 second 1/4 miles NA. So they get poor mileage, who gives a crap, they're using age old race car technology and it's a sports car, since when did any of that equal good mileage? If mileage was a factor I'd buy a VW Lupo and have it imported here, they get over 70mpg all day long from a tiny diesel. (ugh)
dude, I even mentioned how one was modded, refer to post one. you're on an acura forum, you need to accept the fact there will be severe bias. mmm isnt the rx8 supposed to be mazda sports car? the first car I ever raced in my CL-P was an rx8 about a year ago. I had nothing done to the car and still pulled on him.

EDIT: what CH46ESeaKnight said
Old 11-29-2008, 08:57 AM
Advanced

I don't really think I'm being "assshurt", I just get tired of seeing threads where people bash cars when they know nothing about them. There are 2 kinds of people who own
8's, (and other similar cars like the Z etc.), people who buy the car because they "get it" and are car enthusiasts and understand the rotary and the powerband and the intent of the car, and then you have the dumbasses who buy it knowing nothing about it other than "Rx" is in the name etc. and they expect it to be the next 7 and they burn up the engine because they don't watch the oil or they don't understand the redline and never really get the power out of it they're supposed too and drive around getting smoked by Civics and Kia's and just about anything because these cars are slower than Evo's on infinite turbo lag when not driven properly (not to mention the carbon build up will kill a rotary if it's not kept to a minimum by constantly enjoying the endless redline )
The 8 has lapped Top Gear's test track the same time as an equivalent M3 and 350Z, can lap Tsukuba in the 10 second range (that's a minute and 10 seconds, a minute is the benchmark on that track etc.), and SpeedSource won their class (Grand Am) using the chassis with a hybrid Renesis/3 rotor (exhaust note to die for) so maybe it's not the fastest car at a redlight race and maybe there are CL's that can beat it or whatever, that's great, more power to them. I like the CL, but I won't find it in countless video games, I won't see it being campaigned in a race circuit, and I'm pretty sure it won't lap Tsukuba in the 10 sec range or hang with an M3 on Top Gear's test track. That's really all I'm saying, try to remember that not all 8 owners are idiots, and try and keep an open mind on cars you see on the road or line up against, sometimes there's a lot more to them than who's faster from light to light or whatever. My 8 may drink more fuel than an SUV and that's fine, I know lots of people with modded Honda's, Vw's, Toyota's etc etc that do as well but at least they're funner to drive than a truck so I think it's all worth it.

p.s. I'm on an Acura forum because I'm friends with lots of people on here and I love cars in general, I'm on several forums for that same reason. I'm actually holding a drive in December for our TexasRxs club, any folks here from Tx are more than welcome to come on out, it's a fun route through the hill country with several Christmas-sy stops and ending with badass Christmas lights in Johnson City. (put on by the electric company if that tells you anything)
Old 11-29-2008, 09:45 PM
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Those RX-8 are not REALLY fast.... they are, but not that much

A guy at my work have one and we did some roll on and he was getting behind me quite fast. My cls was stock that time

Another time, on the highway another RX-8 wanted to race me when i had my headers and my CAI and he was falling behind me...

The RX-8 needs a new engine.. i love the look of this car, but geez.... the engine takes so much gas its crazy. They get about 22mpg on the highway!!!! And the torque is not that good also...

This was would be so much faster with the mazdaspeed 6 turbo engine in it + AWD...
Old 12-08-2008, 07:41 AM
i heart latin chicks

Received 64 Likes on 16 Posts
Originally Posted by CivicB18B1
Those RX-8 are not REALLY fast.... they are, but not that much

A guy at my work have one and we did some roll on and he was getting behind me quite fast. My cls was stock that time

Another time, on the highway another RX-8 wanted to race me when i had my headers and my CAI and he was falling behind me...

The RX-8 needs a new engine.. i love the look of this car, but geez.... the engine takes so much gas its crazy. They get about 22mpg on the highway!!!! And the torque is not that good also...

This was would be so much faster with the mazdaspeed 6 turbo engine in it + AWD...
they shoulda just put the damn rx7 motor in it