Volkswagen 1.8T

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2002, 10:44 PM
WHO'S NEXT!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
unfortunately m diddy is just another vdub brainwash case, there's just no talkin any sense with him. and the honda comment even trips me out more
honda+qaulity/reliability
vw= in the shop once a month
Old 10-24-2002, 11:12 PM
Intermediate

Well i was dead even with a red CLS in NOVA about 3 months ago.......from 80 to 125 on I495......stupid as fuck.........i know but yeah we went at it.

No BS.......pure facts and i hope hes on this board to back my statement up. Look i dont really care if u car is faster......or if it isnt.....all im saying is that we have some VW's in the NOVA area and we are willing to run some of you guys here.
Friendly competition. You win fine, we win fine........

U got guys that are nicely modified and so do we. So either way it should be fun.

Also, Wanna and I played with a Aegan(sp)Blue CLS the other night. He rode up on my ass and then when he heard Wanna's BOV and me..........he backed off like he didnt want any.....kinda funny. But im sure we are willing to entertain any CLS in the area.

SO i ask again how bout it..........especially quikcls.......i just think he hates VW's so we wouldnt mind showing him how quick we can be modified.

I know i seen NOVA's car around the springfield area. BUt never got a chance to get near him.......but besides that......im wondering.......a friendly invite to some of u fellas on the board.
Old 10-24-2002, 11:32 PM
WHO'S NEXT!!

never did say i hate vw's or anything against vw's, but when idiots come here talkin shit about our cars i have to stoop to their level so they can understand my point.
Old 10-24-2002, 11:36 PM
WHO'S NEXT!!

Originally posted by Mr. Kint
I have a few 1.8T friends, most of them have KILLED HYPE-S's!
Anyone wanna lose?

case in point
Old 10-24-2002, 11:37 PM
Intermediate

some factual stock for stock numbers -

2002 gti 1.8t manual trans. 1/4, 15.3 @ 94 mph
2002 jetta 1.8t manual trans. 1/4, 15.7 @ 89

2003 cl-s auto 1/4, 14.9 @ 96
2003 cl-s manual 1/4, 14.6 @ 98

so basically, even a manual 1.8t has no shot at an auto cl-s w/ equal drivers. manual for manual it's not even a race. and from a roll the VW
Ok. I guess since these are the times that C&D got, then these are the times that everyone in the whole wide world that drives a GTI or Jetta will get. Right?

Look back about 2 pages in this thread. I posted links to my friend Ian's 2 timeslips. The first one was BONE STOCK, with only the spare removed. The second he just got this past Sunday at an IDRC event. His only engine mod on this one is his Velocity Intake. That's it.

So, let's see, he get a 14.6 stock. According to your number Matt, that can't be right... Or he'd be right there with a Cl-S 6-spd. Puzzling, isn't it???

Old 10-24-2002, 11:43 PM
Intermediate

QuickCLS:
never did say i hate vw's or anything against vw's, but when idiots come here talkin shit about our cars i have to stoop to their level so they can understand my point.
Idiots??? Dude, the only reason we came here is because we read "I raped a 1.8T." or "I had the GTI by 2 cars at the end of second." Our cars are the ones getting put down here and we're just trying to enlighten you guys that there's a whole nother automotive world out there besides your Type-S ownz ALL world. We don't like hearing that kinda shit as much as you guys don't like hearing the shit we say about your cars.

And just to prove my point, anyone on here from the Reading, PA/Philly area care to have a go with me?? I'll gladly run with anyone on this board that's around here. Just lemme know.
Old 10-25-2002, 12:00 AM
WHO'S NEXT!!

1st i don't recall hearing anything about "raped". 2nd, 13 sec modded vdub WILL beat a STOCK cls, but run a 13 sec cls and thats a diff story! when it comes to mods, most cars have alot more options compared to us! shit we just got our blowers like 2 weeks ago!
Old 10-25-2002, 12:04 AM
7th Gear

first of all, the 1/4 mile times you are all citing for a stock 02 gti are from magazines.

now, to get back to reality (as opposed to what you read in mags): i have raced a 3.2 cl from both a roll and a stop. i have to say that it was a sad, sorry sight. granted i have a chip, full 3" turboback exhaust, intake, and racing n75 (boost controller) valve...but i blew him away worse than most cars . a 5 spd rustang gt did a better job of keeping up...and he only got a very brief glimpse of the VW on my hatch before he was a mere speck in my rearview mirror

too bad there aren't any 3.2 cl enthusiasts around here...i'd gladly walk all over one if they existed nearby even if they have i/h/e
Old 10-25-2002, 12:11 AM
Intermediate

Ok. Well QuickCLS, look at the orginal post in this thread. Doesn't it make it seem like the 1.8T isn't shit?!?! How would you feel about it if someone posted something like that about a CL-S when you know better??? Do you see where I'm coming from with all this?

I have NO problems with your cars. I like them, to a point. IMHO, they're just to mass produced for my liking. I see a modded CL-S or TL-S at least 10 times a day. FOr that reaosn I would never buy one. Do you now how many modded Jetta's I've seen on the road since I've had my car? 2. And I've had it for aalmost a year now.
Old 10-25-2002, 01:01 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 388 Likes on 196 Posts
first of all kids, i was quoting www.car-stats.com which is the authority for such information on the interweb.

secondly, even if the info is flawed (which it isn't) you must admit, the times would be relative to one another. so you can stop jumping to conclusions and being so defensive.

what i'm saying is, stock for stock, at least on my planet, a cl-s will take a 1.8t. whether in a gti, jetta, bug, or a4. this is factual reality, mkay?

that is all.
Old 10-25-2002, 01:29 AM
Intermediate

mattg:
secondly, even if the info is flawed (which it isn't) you must admit, the times would be relative to one another.
COUGH*horse shit*COUGH!!! Sorry about that. But if they WERE relative, that would mean that on YOUR world, a stock 6-spd CL-S would run a 13.8 or 13.9. Now, you and I both know that to get in the 13, a type S needs the usual i/h/e. I've given you proof of the stock times a 1.8T can make.

Case closed.
Old 10-25-2002, 01:33 AM
Senior Moderator

your obviously having a tough time grasping what i'm saying :o

M-Diddy
Old 10-25-2002, 01:39 AM
Senior Moderator

oh and btw, we have our freaks too, an auto that runs 14.60's bone stock... and a 6 speed that ran a 14.1.

get to sleep, its late
Old 10-25-2002, 01:55 AM
4th Gear

here. This will settle the argument once and for all that VW's are better.

The Final Word

:pfawk:
Old 10-25-2002, 01:55 AM
7th Gear

car-stats.com relies on mag times. i'll remind you once again:
Old 10-25-2002, 02:13 AM
Senior Moderator

Old 10-25-2002, 02:15 AM
Intermediate

mattg:
oh and btw, we have our freaks too, an auto that runs 14.60's bone stock... and a 6 speed that ran a 14.1.
The slips I posted aren't from a freak engine. Just a good driver. There's a lot of mid 14 sec stock 1.8Ts. Go to www.VWVortex.com or www.18turbo.com to see for yourself. Oh, and let's see some slips...
Old 10-25-2002, 02:18 AM
Senior Moderator

how about NO!

maybe tomorrow, time for bed.
Old 10-25-2002, 02:21 AM
Intermediate

MATTG... Just a reminder....

Old 10-25-2002, 07:31 AM
Banned

At 80 mph the CL-S is stuck in 4th gear. 3rd takes the car to 110 mph, but 4th goes on and on after that. Due to tranny logic, it doesn't let the tranny shift down if your above 80. Now if you were at 60-70 yea, it would have shifted down and smoked your ass easy.

Originally posted by BlueTRBO
Well i was dead even with a red CLS in NOVA about 3 months ago.......from 80 to 125 on I495......stupid as fuck.........i know but yeah we went at it.

No BS.......pure facts and i hope hes on this board to back my statement up. Look i dont really care if u car is faster......or if it isnt.....all im saying is that we have some VW's in the NOVA area and we are willing to run some of you guys here.
Friendly competition. You win fine, we win fine........

U got guys that are nicely modified and so do we. So either way it should be fun.

Also, Wanna and I played with a Aegan(sp)Blue CLS the other night. He rode up on my ass and then when he heard Wanna's BOV and me..........he backed off like he didnt want any.....kinda funny. But im sure we are willing to entertain any CLS in the area.

SO i ask again how bout it..........especially quikcls.......i just think he hates VW's so we wouldnt mind showing him how quick we can be modified.

I know i seen NOVA's car around the springfield area. BUt never got a chance to get near him.......but besides that......im wondering.......a friendly invite to some of u fellas on the board.
Old 10-25-2002, 08:23 AM
Suzuka Master

Originally posted by M-Diddy
A chipped 1.8 gets peak torque(what makes our cars fast) pretty much around 2K up until about 6K RPM. For the most part, our whole powerband. Thanks for making our case.
Do you walk in circles because your responses follow that pattern...

I could care less about the 1.8t, you made comments about the CL-S power being peaky and I responded with proof that your statements were untrue. No where did I mention anything about the 1.8t's power band so it is irrelevant for our dialogue.

But if comparisons are demanded the so be it. The CL-S's torque curve is significantly greater, flatter and extends for a longer period allowing consistent acceleration from 2k revs to redline at 7k revs, barring increased drag. Please show me a dyno plot for a 1.8t that disputes this claim.

In your convoluted thought process you have misunderstood my previous remarks; I never made negative remarks on the 1.8t but cleared up false statements on the CL-S. Understand that your redirection on replies do not bode well for impressions of your character. Either reply to the statements as intended or do not reply which might be your better direction.
Old 10-25-2002, 09:25 AM
Shift_3.5 Auto

Originally posted by scalbert
Do you walk in circles because your responses follow that pattern...

I could care less about the 1.8t, you made comments about the CL-S power being peaky and I responded with proof that your statements were untrue. No where did I mention anything about the 1.8t's power band so it is irrelevant for our dialogue.

But if comparisons are demanded the so be it. The CL-S's torque curve is significantly greater, flatter and extends for a longer period allowing consistent acceleration from 2k revs to redline at 7k revs, barring increased drag. Please show me a dyno plot for a 1.8t that disputes this claim.

In your convoluted thought process you have misunderstood my previous remarks; I never made negative remarks on the 1.8t but cleared up false statements on the CL-S. Understand that your redirection on replies do not bode well for impressions of your character. Either reply to the statements as intended or do not reply which might be your better direction.
Ouch! b4 mattg says it. VW boyz =
Old 10-25-2002, 09:26 AM
Floyd Mayweather Jr.

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally posted by mattg
first of all kids, i was quoting www.car-stats.com which is the authority for such information on the interweb.

secondly, even if the info is flawed (which it isn't) you must admit, the times would be relative to one another. so you can stop jumping to conclusions and being so defensive.

what i'm saying is, stock for stock, at least on my planet, a cl-s will take a 1.8t. whether in a gti, jetta, bug, or a4. this is factual reality, mkay?

that is all.
Old 10-25-2002, 10:03 AM
Floyd Mayweather Jr.

Hey VW guys check this out!
http://cartalk.cars.com/About/Gay-Lesbian/gay-guy1.html
http://cartalk.cars.com/About/Gay-Lesbian/gay-guy2.html
http://cartalk.cars.com/About/Gay-Le...uy-winner.html
Damn 4 VWs on the list I think that sums it up! :P

I forgot one!
http://cartalk.cars.com/About/Guy-Ch...sts/chick.html
Old 10-25-2002, 10:15 AM
Racer

this is going nowhere fast huh.... i just read 7 pages of the same thing over and over and over and over.

stop with the namecalling and personal attacks.

if this doesnt get somewhere quick im gonna close it unless you all want that done now?
Old 10-25-2002, 10:18 AM
Floyd Mayweather Jr.

Originally posted by vinnydahitman
this is going nowhere fast huh.... i just read 7 pages of the same thing over and over and over and over.

stop with the namecalling and personal attacks.

if this doesnt get somewhere quick im gonna close it unless you all want that done now?
Come on Vinny please leave it open. We are still trying to set up a race.
Old 10-25-2002, 10:20 AM
Banned

IBTL
Old 10-25-2002, 11:11 AM
9th Gear

Well, i see this has obviously gone nowhere.

Well guys, we set up a date. A legit meeting spot to settle this kinda trash talking and NOONE has stepped up to anything. You all can talk about your cars being faster all you want but until its been proven at the track i wont believe it.

Also, im not trying to say a stock cl-s couldnt/wouldnt beat a stock 1.8t. Im saying that with a properly driver 1.8t vs your avg Joe in the cl-s, someones feelings are gonna get hurt. It happens all the time.

So is anyone down ro not? Nov 9th and Nov10th MIR www.mirdrag.com

Drew
Old 10-25-2002, 11:16 AM
Suzuka Master

I would love to run but obviously the location will not permit it. Know any people in the Atlanta area??
Old 10-25-2002, 11:24 AM
Shift_3.5 Auto

Originally posted by WannaRunThatSht
Also, im not trying to say a stock cl-s couldnt/wouldnt beat a stock 1.8t. Im saying that with a properly driver 1.8t vs your avg Joe in the cl-s, someones feelings are gonna get hurt. It happens all the time.

Drew
See you said it again. Thats not right. LET'S say a PROPERLY DRIVEN CLS AUTO vs a properly driven 1.8t stock manual or auto, a the VW will get owned.

Stop putting variables into this. Being you had two equal drivers, It won't be a drivers race. CLS is known, proven, mag tested, TV show provened, 1/4 time from your site proven, our 1/4 and dynoed proven, faster stock for stock. You bring a STOCK 1.8t to the track and let a experienced STOCK cls driver come to the track and i will lay down the $$$$$ that the VW jetta or golf will lose. Period. Stop the I am faster by the driver $hit. I pulled on a s4 before, but mag times and all other stats prove they are faster. Is MY CAR FASTER THAN A S4??? HELL NO... Was the driver AN ASS AND COULD NOT SHIFT??? YES Does that mean i can pull on every S4 i come into contact with NO. Same with this guy racing me in an accord. I was in 4th gear and didn't bother to downshift into 3rd, he beat me on the highway because my stupid shifting. DOES THAT MEAN THE HONDA ACCORD IS FASTER THAN A CLS??? HELL NO... Same applies here. FACT for FACT. You guys are slower than us until modded. Stop the arguements. It will also be hard to find a stock cls to race one of you. Everyone is modded in this area. Good luck.
Old 10-25-2002, 11:43 AM
Intermediate

Did you see the slip I posted for the STOCK GTI?!?!? Show me a stock CL-S that runs a 14.6. Don't tell me about it, SHOW ME!!!
Old 10-25-2002, 11:45 AM
Banned

Did you see the slip I posted for the STOCK GTI?!?!? Show me a stock CL-S that runs a 14.6. Don't tell me about it, SHOW ME!!!
I only believe what others believe on the VW CLUBS. And they deny the 14 sec slip shit. They said its a 15 sec car stock no matter what for a manual, a 16 sec car for a auto.

Your slip may have been to another car, it may have been from some modded one, it may have been from anything. I don't beleive that shit especially when others on the vw club deny it.
Old 10-25-2002, 11:51 AM
Intermediate

Others in the VW club denied it when the motor, AWP, first came out. They said that it wasn't possible, until they started sprining up alot. Now, it's a commen thing for a good driver in an AWP to get mid14's. Just ask Wanna. He's an avid dragger. He'll tell you. As for the one I posted, it's stock. It's my friend Ian's slip. I saw him run a bunch of times already, ame results. The only mods he has, NOW, are a Velocity Intake and suspension.
Old 10-25-2002, 12:02 PM
Suzuka Master

No I can't provide slips of a 14.6 run. But how about videos of two 14.5 runs. Much better proof than scanned slips IMO...

14.5 Runs

Now how about a 14.3@98 run on a bad day:

14.3 Run CL-S6 versus SC430
Old 10-25-2002, 12:03 PM
Banned

Others in the VW club denied it when the motor, AWP, first came out. They said that it wasn't possible, until they started sprining up alot. Now, it's a commen thing for a good driver in an AWP to get mid14's. Just ask Wanna. He's an avid dragger. He'll tell you. As for the one I posted, it's stock. It's my friend Ian's slip. I saw him run a bunch of times already, ame results. The only mods he has, NOW, are a Velocity Intake and suspension.
I AM TALKING ABOUT RIGHT NOW. Most of the times I SEE the 2002+ AWPs running is 15s!

GEt that shit in your head you RICE BOY.

I got friends laughing at you, including BILLYT
Old 10-25-2002, 12:05 PM
Shift_3.5 Auto

You answered your own question. Wanna is an avid dragger. Most people here are not. Anyway you said to put up or shut up. Nitrotiger got a 14.6 bone stock. I am going to post his times.

Here was his times. Go do a search for him and his times. I am not going to make the search that easy since i had to pick out (like needles in a hay stack) members on your board that actually ran into the 14's stock. The search took AWHILE ON YOUR BOARD!

14.6 at 95.74 mph
fastest mph is 95.98mph

Like you said :o
Old 10-25-2002, 12:32 PM
Intermediate

Double post
Old 10-25-2002, 12:32 PM
Intermediate

Listen up here rich boy homos.... Bottom line, lots fo people run 14.6's to 14.8 BONE STOCK in their GTI's. FUCK what Billy T says. IT'S A COMMON THING!!!! I'm going to stop posting now until one of you Honda driving luxury car wannabe's actully shuts up and races. There's no talking to you guys about VW's because you guys OBVIOUSLY know just how fast they really are. Not us. Like I said before, I have no problems with your cars, I just have a problem with the stuck-up, I'm better then you cuz I drive an Acura, assholes that are behind the wheels...
Old 10-25-2002, 12:40 PM
Banned

Listen up here rich boy homos.... Bottom line, lots fo people run 14.6's to 14.8 BONE STOCK in their GTI's. FUCK what Billy T says. IT'S A COMMON THING!!!! I'm going to stop posting now until one of you Honda driving luxury car wannabe's actully shuts up and races. There's no talking to you guys about VW's because you guys OBVIOUSLY know just how fast they really are. Not us. Like I said before, I have no problems with your cars, I just have a problem with the stuck-up, I'm better then you cuz I drive an Acura, assholes that are behind the wheels...
Oh my, we are now rich boys because we drive Acuras. At least we didn't have our PARENTS buy our car for us, we payed for ours on our own. And most of the people on teh site are probably older than you.

BillyT is one of the most respected members on the VW club period. He owns the fastest 1.8t in the world to date. 12.2.

Like I SAID BEFORE little kid, find me one locally, I will run his ass and shut him down. Mostly everyone knows me locally anyways, so they know my car ain't the one to mess with.
Old 10-25-2002, 01:00 PM
Intermediate

Little kid, huh? I'm 23, pay for my car and appartment. So nice try.

And what makes your slow ass car "Not the one to mess with"?!!? Is it the door sills? Maybe those headlamps? They add like 60 WHP you know...

And don'y worry. I know who BillY T is. I'm sure if he saw this, he'd agree with me. After all, he talked to my friend Ian at Waterfest about his 14.6 STOCK time... But you know better...

Quick Reply: Volkswagen 1.8T