Old 10-23-2002, 09:15 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 388 Likes on 196 Posts
definately a classic
Old 10-23-2002, 09:24 PM
9th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by quikcls
are you guys being serious about thinkin a fuckin vdub has any kind of chance? oh yeah i forgot we're dealin with the vbub boyz, i heard you boys are runnin with like saleens and lambos these days..lol. now back to reality , face it there's no way in hizell!!period
Youve been handed a challenge. Step up or shut up.

MIR. www.mirdrag.com Nov 9th test and tune, Nov 10 Import Wars. Run whatcha brung.

Also, if your "boy" needs a 100shot of silly stuff to run a 13.6 , thats actually more pathetic then your stock 15 sec 1/4 times. So, you may wanna double up to keep up with us.

Hell, a 100 shot on a bone stock GTI would net low 13's.

But anyways, enough shit talking. MIR. 2 days, ill be there each day. Look for my tags. TRBO GTI.

Or, listen for the BOV.

Drew
Old 10-24-2002, 12:16 AM
4th Gear

Aww Crap. Now you guys got me all worked up. I'm gonna drive my ass all the way from jersey just to spank some Acura ass. And i'm runing stock. See you guys there.
Old 10-24-2002, 12:25 AM
WHO'S NEXT!!

Old 10-24-2002, 08:59 AM
Shift_3.5 Auto

Originally posted by WannaRunThatSht
Also, if your "boy" needs a 100shot of silly stuff to run a 13.6 , thats actually more pathetic then your stock 15 sec 1/4 times. So, you may wanna double up to keep up with us.

But anyways, enough shit talking. MIR. 2 days, ill be there each day. Look for my tags. TRBO GTI.

Or, listen for the BOV.

Drew
Hey guys - Um fastvtec had a 99 3.0 cl with modds and nos. The 3.2cl if driven properly runs 14.7-14.9 stock. That's faster than 1.8t stock period. Some members just had a CAI and ran 14.6 14.5. A well launched cls with just headers and cai runs mid to low 14's with good tires. Personally I haven't tracked my car. I go to capitol raceway and been to 75-80 raceway once just to watch some friends run. My car is not real fast but a baseline run is that I stick with Gs400s stock with the mods I have. I had two encounters from a stand still. Also my boy's boy has a 87 mustang 5.0 with some mods and runs 14.5 14.4 all the time at 75-80 drag, and i always have him by at least a car. If my tires weren't balding and I had better stickys i would challenge you guys at MIR win or lose.
Old 10-24-2002, 11:45 AM
9th Gear

Originally posted by ThoroDredCLS
Hey guys - Um fastvtec had a 99 3.0 cl with modds and nos. The 3.2cl if driven properly runs 14.7-14.9 stock. That's faster than 1.8t stock period.
See, now your making me do YOUR homework.

But, ill link ya so you can call my bs? k?

STOCK - 1.8T GTI - 14.5 @ 95mph

Also, a 13.9 X was recorded from someone with an APR chip as the only go mod, with slicks. If youd liek the link i can find it too.

But, you guys seem to think your cars can simply walk us stock to stock. Now you said, driven "properly" it can run 14.7 - 14.9 whichs means the guys who dont know how to drive "properly" are running mid to low 15's. That sounds just the our VW's if you ask me.

Do some real research before making a statement like that next time.

Drew
Old 10-24-2002, 12:02 PM
Suzuka Master

That 14.7 - 14.9 is for an automatic CL-S, just FYI. I am sure that an automatic 1.8t GTI will not run in the 14's. The 6-Speed CL-S will turn mid 14's easily and low 14's to dipping into the 13's when modded.

However, I'm confused as to why there is a comparison here, the cars do not compete in the market.
Old 10-24-2002, 12:21 PM
Banned

To bad I have a friend that has a 1.8t and I drove one because I was about to buy it before this car.

That car has NO chance in hell to beat us stock. The 1.8t is slow as shit in stock form and no it won't hit 14s stokc guranteed. My friend is laughing his ass off right now about this, because I leave him by 5 car lengths to 60 when we race. lol

Oh yea, also after reading your link, it seems that NO ONE EVEN believes that time. A guy that has LOTS of mods, runs that time, but then so happen this car, the only car, is running those times stock. Sounds fishy to me.

Anyways, the times they run stock are...

15.3-15.8 at 88-92 mph

Also, a 13.9 X was recorded from someone with an APR chip as the only go mod, with slicks. If youd liek the link i can find it too.

But, you guys seem to think your cars can simply walk us stock to stock. Now you said, driven "properly" it can run 14.7 - 14.9 whichs means the guys who dont know how to drive "properly" are running mid to low 15's. That sounds just the our VW's if you ask me.

Drew
Old 10-24-2002, 12:25 PM
Advanced

What is the max psi that the stock turbo on a 1.8 can handle?
Old 10-24-2002, 12:26 PM
Banned

Originally posted by dopeassCLS
What is the max psi that the stock turbo on a 1.8 can handle?
Stock turbo can handle up to 15 psi, no more.

But the engine can handle alot more...
Old 10-24-2002, 12:42 PM
Intermediate

OK.. You say the six speed, in the hands of the right driver, will run mid 14's easily. Well, a stock AWP 1.8T five speed, with the right driver will do just as well. Not to mention, you guys don't see your REAL power till about 6k RPM. Our power hits at 2K RPM. Then, if you go mod for mod, the 1.8T will, without a doubt, be faster then a Type-S because of the tunability of the turbo.

You guy have to understand, a simple $500 chip in our cars increase the HP by about 20 and tourque by about 50 ft/lb. With this simple bolt-on, we get an insane increase in power. This is something you guy's can't posible achieve with NA bolt ons (I/H/E). And just to compare:

1.8T
-------
Heated Leather
Auto Tiptronic
6-spd(In 337)
Monsoon Stereo
17" Silver Wheels

CL-S/TL-S
--------------
Heated Leather
Auto Tiptronic
6-spd
Bose Stereo
17" Silver Wheels

There's really nothing you guys have, that we don't. We're just not paying for the luxury car name. My best friend has on 02 Auto CL-S, and honestly, I'm not that inpressed with it. He payed almost 10K more then me has has nothing in his car that I want. I just wanted to post some points in our favor.

Oh, and here's a little link:
http://www.20vturbo.com/cgi-bin/ulti...c&f=2&t=001058
Old 10-24-2002, 12:45 PM
Intermediate

Stock turbo can handle up to 15 psi, no more.
The stock turbo can handle more then 15 PSI. Many people run 18-20 PSI with boost spikes at 24-25. Now it's true the K03 was designed for 1 bar, but it is possible to push more boost from it.
Old 10-24-2002, 12:47 PM
Banned

Sorry but a bunch of you guys are idiots who own 1.8Ts. I forgot when I was part of that club and vwvortex a while back that the 1.8t guys were a bunch of stuck up asses because you guys though you were faster than a vr6 stock, or many other cars.

I just went through reading the kills forum.

S2000 kill, M3 kill, Maxima kill, oh please give it up.

I drove one, almost bought one, and I know BillyT! Your 1.8ts are not as fast as you say in stock form until you put the ecu on. Then it wakes the car up alot.

Originally posted by M-Diddy
OK.. You say the six speed, in the hands of the right driver, will run mid 14's easily. Well, a stock AWP 1.8T five speed, with the right driver will do just as well. Not to mention, you guys don't see your REAL power till about 6k RPM. Our power hits at 2K RPM. Then, if you go mod for mod, the 1.8T will, without a doubt, be faster then a Type-S because of the tunability of the turbo.

You guy have to understand, a simple $500 chip in our cars increase the HP by about 20 and tourque by about 50 ft/lb. With this simple bolt-on, we get an insane increase in power. This is something you guy's can't posible achieve with NA bolt ons (I/H/E). And just to compare:

1.8T CL-S/TL-S
------- --------------
Heated Leather Heated Leather
Auto Tiptronic Auto Tiptronic
6-spd(In 337) 6-spd
Monsoon Stereo Bose Stereo
17" Silver Wheels 17" Silver Wheels

There's really nothing you guys have, that we don't. We're just not paying for the luxury car name. My best friend has on 02 Auto CL-S, and honestly, I'm not that inpressed with it. He payed almost 10K more then me has has nothing in his car that I want. I just wanted to post some points in our favor.

Oh, and here's a little link:
http://www.20vturbo.com/cgi-bin/ulti...c&f=2&t=001058
Old 10-24-2002, 12:57 PM
Intermediate

Ok, here are my friend Ian's slips. First is somplety stock with spare tire removed.

http://www.phnkjnky.com/pictures/1469.jpg

This one he ran last weekend at an IDRC event at Maple Grove. Here, only mods are intake and suspension:

http://www.phnkjnky.com/newpics/1444.gif
Old 10-24-2002, 01:04 PM
Suzuka Master

There's really nothing you guys have, that we don't. We're just not paying for the luxury car name.
No I didn't say the 6-Speed in the hands of a good driver would hit mid 14's, an average driver could hit that. A good driver could do better.

I started my comments not in comparison of vehicles but to clarify previous posts of others. Now you bring this pathetic comparison. Realize that the CL-S makes 90% of it's torque from 2500 - 6500 revs defies your statement of making power at 6k revs:

CL-S6 Dyno

As for the comparison, it is beyond those simple views. You could align those same pathetic statements with any coupe. Take a CLK55 for instance, it fits the same bill. But I would compare a CL-S to that car, no that would be absurd. There is certainly greater differences between the two vehicles than what was posted. Start off with a Navigation System, HIDs, larger interior, larger cargo space, more refined ride, etc. Last I checked the feds even rate them in different classes...

Now I am confused as to why I responded to this drivel.
Old 10-24-2002, 01:05 PM
Shift_3.5 Auto

Drew
You know what, i just did my homework and went over to your site. Your own members are pulling up the B.S. Flag on you. Then, in the racing section I see stock times of 15.1 and higher. Not quite my territory buddy. I don't know what the hell you did on your runs but that is out of the norm. Your one day of runs does not excuse the rest of your members IN STOCK form pulling mid 15's consistently. And i don't think not one member hear has gotten higher than a 15.2 at the track and most of those are because of our all season mishitlen tires. Of course you guys can be made fast, a civic can be made faster, but thats not the debate. Like we said before, we are heavy boats and I think we do just fine in all areas. Your autos suck ass BADLY. Compare the autos with us if you guys want to do a real comparo. Six speed ownsjoo, Stock for stock.
Old 10-24-2002, 01:16 PM
Intermediate

Looking at that dyno, you guys only have around 200 HP at 5K RPM. That's pretty high in your rev range, not to mention you don't reach PEAK HP until 6.5K. See if you can comprehend this... I'VE DRIVEN MY FRIENDS CL-S AND WAS NOT IMPRESSED BY IT AT ALL!!! How many of you have driven a chipped 1.8T??? Compared to my car he was slow, and was proved so in the numerous times we've raced... And all this, WITH MY AUTO!!! Why don't some of you guys come of your "I drive an Acura so I'm automatically better then anyone else" horse.... Your car's have nothing on ours but a heavier price tag and more wieght....
Old 10-24-2002, 01:31 PM
Suzuka Master

Looking at that dyno, you guys only have around 200 HP at 5K RPM. That's pretty high in your rev range, not to mention you don't reach PEAK HP until 6.5K.

Why don't some of you guys come of your "I drive an Acura so I'm automatically better then anyone else" horse.... Your car's have nothing on ours but a heavier price tag and more wieght....
You are now amusing me with the complete and obvious ignorance. Peak HP is irrelevant, although we do put up decent number. BTW, don't you realize this is a chassis dyno and not crank HP?? Do you know the differences between a chassis dyno and an engine dyno??

Making constant and solid torque combined with proper gearing is what allows for decent acceleration in any vehicle. I assume you want a peak HP reading at 5k on an engine that revs to 7k?? That is pure ignorance, wasting 2k revs on trailing off torque!!!

I do not see anywhere I have remarked or given the impression of thinking an Acura is automatically better. In fact my BMW might be better in some ways. So please enlighten me as to how I gave this impression?? Nor have I made negative comments about the VW, an employee of mine has an A4 1.8t and I think it is a fine vehicle. But regardless of what you feel, the two subject vehicles do not compare or compete in the market.

So you don't like the CL-S, fine, that is why there are choices. So I have one suggestion, leave before you embarrass yourself further...
Old 10-24-2002, 01:34 PM
Shift_3.5 Auto

Looking at that dyno, you guys only have around 200 HP at 5K RPM. That's pretty high in your rev range, not to mention you don't reach PEAK HP until 6.5K. See if you can comprehend this... I'VE DRIVEN MY FRIENDS CL-S AND WAS NOT IMPRESSED BY IT AT ALL!!! How many of you have driven a chipped 1.8T??? Compared to my car he was slow, and was proved so in the numerous times we've raced... And all this, WITH MY AUTO!!! Why don't some of you guys come of your "I drive an Acura so I'm automatically better then anyone else" horse.... Your car's have nothing on ours but a heavier price tag and more wieght....
See there we go again. Nobody came out of their mouth in this thread and said one car is better than the other. GET REAL. THIS will go on another 15 pages if you don't get to the point we are stating. AGAIN STOCK FOR STOCK. Your auto doesn't have nothing on auto cls. YOUR MODDED. I drove my office mates new GTI, I WAS NOT IMPRESSED and it's auto. I thought it felt lethargic off the line and it was waiting for someone to give it a big freaking push. HOW DO YOU LIKE THAT?? Thats not the point. Six speed stock for stock ours ownzjoo and auto vs auto stock for stock, ours ownz you. Have you been in a cls with i/h/e/p. I think 14.1 is very nice considering our weight and A NON TURBO ENGINE. For all i am concern you can go up against my cousins DTM eclipse and he has a upgraded turbo,chipped, cams, gears etc.. and he can show you what a real 4cycl can do mid 12s consistently. Still, THAT IS NOT THE POINT. You guys said do our homework, I went over to your site and pulled threads and I got consistent numbers from your VWs. Like every board, you will get those few members who have special cars that actually do better than most. That does not excuse the 1/4 times that are consistent. Who car is better than who is irrelevant. The facts are there who is faster in stock form.
Old 10-24-2002, 01:41 PM
Banned

STOCK FOR STOCK THE CL-S WILL HAND ANY GTI its ass.

A GTI with a CHIP will inccrease the power by a good handful and help it be a CLOSE RACE, but it still WILL NOT BEAT A CL-S on a roll. Off the the line yes, I can believe it.

Like I said I have driven a few 1.8ts, and I am still part of the VW club. Speedy1.8T is my name and you probably have seen it in the past.

No, its called we are not blinded by what the car has. you have 180hp stock we have 260. BIG DIFFERENCE. You weigh 3000 lb, we 3450~. Yes we weigh more, but it won;t make up teh difference from 180-260.

Chip it, 200-210 hp, and about 30-50 more TQ.

Your car only dynos stock 140~ to teh wheels...ours 200~ to the wheels.

Guys,. the 1.8t guys are known for talking shit to even the VR6 guys because they have a turbo they think there the shit.
Old 10-24-2002, 01:46 PM
Shift_3.5 Auto

Originally posted by SilverBullet
Guys,. the 1.8t guys are known for talking shit to even the VR6 guys because they have a turbo they think there the shit.
I have noticed
Old 10-24-2002, 02:07 PM
Floyd Mayweather Jr.

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
These GTI guys are to much! Like I said earlier I destoryed a 2002 1.8 GTI with just CAI. A CL-S with a simple header and intake combo would smoke a chipped GTI, especially on the highway. I just wish one of these guys lived closer to me so I could school them in the fine art of highway rape.
Old 10-24-2002, 02:28 PM
4th Gear

Here's my timeslip from last week. Thats with a full tank of gas, full interior, subs, and my big ass snap on tool box in the trunk. I weighed in at 3300 after my run. I was runing on stock tires (the factory ones) 35 psi and i had no traction in 1st gear.

My timeslip
Old 10-24-2002, 02:57 PM
WHO'S NEXT!!

Originally posted by ThoroDredCLS
See there we go again. Nobody came out of their mouth in this thread and said one car is better than the other. GET REAL. THIS will go on another 15 pages if you don't get to the point we are stating. AGAIN STOCK FOR STOCK. Your auto doesn't have nothing on auto cls. YOUR MODDED. I drove my office mates new GTI, I WAS NOT IMPRESSED and it's auto. I thought it felt lethargic off the line and it was waiting for someone to give it a big freaking push. HOW DO YOU LIKE THAT?? Thats not the point. Six speed stock for stock ours ownzjoo and auto vs auto stock for stock, ours ownz you. Have you been in a cls with i/h/e/p. I think 14.1 is very nice considering our weight and A NON TURBO ENGINE. For all i am concern you can go up against my cousins DTM eclipse and he has a upgraded turbo,chipped, cams, gears etc.. and he can show you what a real 4cycl can do mid 12s consistently. Still, THAT IS NOT THE POINT. You guys said do our homework, I went over to your site and pulled threads and I got consistent numbers from your VWs. Like every board, you will get those few members who have special cars that actually do better than most. That does not excuse the 1/4 times that are consistent. Who car is better than who is irrelevant. The facts are there who is faster in stock form.
thank you! there just is no comparison to be made or argued about here! we all know whats up, i guess it just makes these vbub suckas "feel" powerful and fast to talk all this smack about how fast they think their cars are. not saying vdubs are slow, but you boys are in a different league, you just can't come close!
Old 10-24-2002, 02:59 PM
WHO'S NEXT!!

oh and btw, isn't the war for you boys with civics/integra's? oh thats right you lost, so you try to step up in class..lol
Old 10-24-2002, 03:09 PM
WHO'S NEXT!!

Originally posted by scalbert
You are now amusing me with the complete and obvious ignorance. Peak HP is irrelevant, although we do put up decent number. BTW, don't you realize this is a chassis dyno and not crank HP?? Do you know the differences between a chassis dyno and an engine dyno??

Making constant and solid torque combined with proper gearing is what allows for decent acceleration in any vehicle. I assume you want a peak HP reading at 5k on an engine that revs to 7k?? That is pure ignorance, wasting 2k revs on trailing off torque!!!

I do not see anywhere I have remarked or given the impression of thinking an Acura is automatically better. In fact my BMW might be better in some ways. So please enlighten me as to how I gave this impression?? Nor have I made negative comments about the VW, an employee of mine has an A4 1.8t and I think it is a fine vehicle. But regardless of what you feel, the two subject vehicles do not compare or compete in the market.

So you don't like the CL-S, fine, that is why there are choices. So I have one suggestion, leave before you embarrass yourself further...
just another couple of jealous beeaatch's, stuck in their own fantacy world
Old 10-24-2002, 03:44 PM
WHO'S NEXT!!

Youve been handed a challenge. Step up or shut up.

MIR. www.mirdrag.com Nov 9th test and tune, Nov 10 Import Wars. Run whatcha brung.

Or, listen for the BOV.

Drew
oh btw , the 100shot is on a 3.0 cl , not a 32cls. 2nd i 've probably been goin to mir longer than you've owned a drivers liscence. 3rd plan on being at mir in nov with all my boyz. 4th vw= high 15's stock, face it thats just the facts no matter how much you bend the truth or what you make yourself believe
Old 10-24-2002, 06:17 PM
Intermediate

Listen up here guys... I'm not saying your cars aren't nice. I like them. I wouldn't buy one becasue all it is is a Honda. What I am saying is that you guys say that you would destroy any one of us that you race... This is just BS. You say that our Autos suck and our 5-spds sucks. Why? A six speed, in essence, is just a five speed with an extra overdrive gear. How often do you actually hit it? It's not even a factor.

As for auto's, I have one, and my best friend has one. I won everytime. Even when all I had was an intake. I'm curious, do you need me to get my friend Justin on here to tell you guys how I've run him the three times we raced??? The first time I raced him I had my bro in my car, he was alone in his, and I finished about a hood ahead of him in a light to light. Since I've been chipped, it hasn't been close, 1-2 cars each time. I'm not trying to compare my car to yours, class wise. But when It comes to speed, the 1.8T is, for the most part, faster in the hands of a good driver, no matter what you say.

You bring up all these 15.1-15.5 stock times slips. Here's a challenge. Step out of one of your "rockets", get into a 1.8T, chipped or stock, and just TRY to launch one without spinning though first. It's damn near impossible becasue of all the torque. Those shitty launches explain the shitty times. The drivers that eventually figure out how to launch, run mid 14's stock all day long. It actually takes some skill to drive one of our cars. Go to 18turbo.com and check out some of the dynos and timeslips on there. Then tell me how you feel.

We're not trying to come on here and make our cars out to be better then yours, but when we read "I RAPED a chipped 1.8T", we're gonna call BS, becasue we know better. It would be a close race, and can go either way, modded VW to Modded Ac. Just stop spouting off at the mouth saying that because your cars are more expensive then ours, they're automatically faster. It's pretty moronic if you ask me.

Quickcls:
thank you! there just is no comparison to be made or argued about here! we all know whats up, i guess it just makes these vbub suckas "feel" powerful and fast to talk all this smack about how fast they think their cars are. not saying vdubs are slow, but you boys are in a different league, you just can't come close!
Let's see YOUR slip... Then tell me how much faster you are...

Quickcls:
oh btw , the 100shot is on a 3.0 cl , not a 32cls. 2nd i 've probably been goin to mir longer than you've owned a drivers liscence. 3rd plan on being at mir in nov with all my boyz. 4th vw= high 15's stock, face it thats just the facts no matter how much you bend the truth or what you make yourself believe
Do you think that .2 liters is going to make THAT much of a difference you asshat?!?! Throw a 100 shot on a 1.8 and your running low 13's all day long... On a stock engine nonetheless.

Black CLS 4 life:
These GTI guys are to much! Like I said earlier I destoryed a 2002 1.8 GTI with just CAI. A CL-S with a simple header and intake combo would smoke a chipped GTI, especially on the highway. I just wish one of these guys lived closer to me so I could school them in the fine art of highway rape.
Then how did I RAPE a modded 3.2 CLS with my chipped 1.8T????

Silverbullit:
A GTI with a CHIP will inccrease the power by a good handful and help it be a CLOSE RACE, but it still WILL NOT BEAT A CL-S on a roll. Off the the line yes, I can believe it.
Uh, it's the other way around. Off the line, you'd most likley take one of us beacause of how hard it is to lauch a chipped 1.8. From a 20MPH roll though, the 1.8 would eat a cls....

Scalbert:
A chasis dyno is a HP reading at the wheels, takining into account drivetrain loss. Engine dyno is crank HP. How's that?

Scalbert:
Making constant and solid torque combined with proper gearing is what allows for decent acceleration in any vehicle.

A chipped 1.8 gets peak torque(what makes our cars fast) pretty much around 2K up until about 6K RPM. For the most part, our whole powerband. Thanks for making our case.
Old 10-24-2002, 06:31 PM
Floyd Mayweather Jr.

Then how did I RAPE a modded 3.2 CLS with my chipped 1.8T????

Uh, it's the other way around. Off the line, you'd most likley take one of us beacause of how hard it is to lauch a chipped 1.8. From a 20MPH roll though, the 1.8 would eat a cls....

Are you shitting me???? I would own a GTI from a 20 roll that's right in my powerband!!! I have burned many cars from a 20 punch! I can see it now you might hang in there until about 70 then I would walk away. I would love to get a shot at a chipped GTI from 20-110 roll. Just the thought of it makes me giggle like a teenage girl!
Old 10-24-2002, 06:47 PM
Banned

Originally posted by Black CL-S 4-Life
Are you shitting me???? I would own a GTI from a 20 roll that's right in my powerband!!! I have burned many cars from a 20 punch! I can see it now you might hang in there until about 70 then I would walk away. I would love to get a shot at a chipped GTI from 20-110 roll. Just the thought of it makes me giggle like a teenage girl!
I agree. Our cars are heavy and hard to launch. The 1.8t or vr6 GTIs are light, and very quick out of the hole.

My friend has a VR6 GTI 5spd, and he gets me every time out of the hole by 1 car or so, but once I am going, I blast right past him. He has to SPRAY me just TO BEAT ME on the highway with his 60 shot. And at that he only beats me by 1 1/2 cars from 50-110.

Sorry but I have driven 1.8t new, and guess what, the 2k2 I drove would NOT spin the tires on hard launches. It actually BOGGED till it hit around 2k rpms or so then it woke up and took off, but no where near the torque our cars make. Our cars actually THROW YOU BACK in the seat unlike the VW.

The VR6 actually felt MUCH stronger than the 1.8t
Old 10-24-2002, 07:01 PM
Advanced

You GTI guys have some serious insecurity problems. I guess I would too if I drove a POS VW.
Old 10-24-2002, 07:35 PM
Intermediate

You GTI guys have some serious insecurity problems. I guess I would too if I drove a POS VW.
It's comments like this that show how much of a dumb fuck some people can be. Why don't you stay your stupid ass out of this. You obviously have nothing smart to say.

Black CLS 4 life:
Are you shitting me???? I would own a GTI from a 20 roll that's right in my powerband!!! I have burned many cars from a 20 punch! I can see it now you might hang in there until about 70 then I would walk away.
Can't you comprehend that a chip 1.8's powerband is from 2K-6K. Redline is 7K and after 6, power starts to fall off fast. But before that, torque is, for the most part, continuous. Meaning our cars pull, HARD. This means our cars pull pretty much the same was up until 120-125MPH. There is NO way you'd take a chipped 1.8 from a roll.

Silverbullit:
Sorry but I have driven 1.8t new, and guess what, the 2k2 I drove would NOT spin the tires on hard launches. It actually BOGGED till it hit around 2k rpms or so then it woke up and took off, but no where near the torque our cars make. Our cars actually THROW YOU BACK in the seat unlike the VW
Obviously you don't know how to launch a 1.8T. How'd you do it??
Old 10-24-2002, 07:40 PM
Banned

Ummm my test of power is launching normally then flooring it. You can launch a 90 hp car 5spd and spin the tires easily. That is not a TEST OF POWER. If the car can recover from a low mph take off like I just said, it has good power. The 1.8t just bogged till the Turbo kicked in.

The CL-S you stab it you spin the tires on a 5mph roll like that. Our power band is smooth and we have massive tq and hp throughout the powerband. Enough to take on more cars that are more powerful than us in ratings.

Find me a 1.8t locally, I will run his ass to the ground, stock or slightly modded. I am on dubspeed and kmveedub knows my car .

It's comments like this that show how much of a dumb fuck some people can be. Why don't you stay your stupid ass out of this. You obviously have nothing smart to say.

Can't you comprehend that a chip 1.8's powerband is from 2K-6K. Redline is 7K and after 6, power starts to fall off fast. But before that, torque is, for the most part, continuous. Meaning our cars pull, HARD. This means our cars pull pretty much the same was up until 120-125MPH. There is NO way you'd take a chipped 1.8 from a roll.

Obviously you don't know how to launch a 1.8T. How'd you do it??
Old 10-24-2002, 08:13 PM
Suzuka Master

As for auto's, I have one, and my best friend has one. I won everytime. Even when all I had was an intake. I'm curious, do you need me to get my friend Justin on here to tell you guys how I've run him the three times we raced??? The first time I raced him I had my bro in my car, he was alone in his, and I finished about a hood ahead of him in a light to light. Since I've been chipped, it hasn't been close, 1-2 cars each time. I'm not trying to compare my car to yours, class wise. But when It comes to speed, the 1.8T is, for the most part, faster in the hands of a good driver, no matter what you say.
Dude... You have seriously got to be kidding me. What are you smoking? A STOCK AUTO GTi will NOT beat a CLS. No... NOT gonna happen. If you truly in fact did race your friend's CLS (which I have many doubts about), either he has a CLP or a broken actuator. A stock stick GTi vs. a CLS is a much better race.

You really should stop trying to argue here anymore. I think Scalbert said perfectly. The more you talk, the more ignorant you look
Old 10-24-2002, 08:23 PM
Floyd Mayweather Jr.

Can't you comprehend a CL-S with headers powerband is after 5500K??? I get a 25 hp spike with headers in the high RPMs. That is where your power falls off but I'm in the meat of my powerband! That is also where I will pull hard and walk away. A GTI is no match for a CL-S from a roll, especially at higher speeds!
Old 10-24-2002, 08:44 PM
Advanced

lets have someone race someone with a gti and end the he said, i have more knowledge, guessing game please. comon, yakkity-yak-yak-yak. like a couple of menapause biotches.
Old 10-24-2002, 08:49 PM
Advanced

You sound frustrated....could it be because you drive around a shitbox VW Golf.
Old 10-24-2002, 09:23 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 388 Likes on 196 Posts
some factual stock for stock numbers -

2002 gti 1.8t manual trans. 1/4, 15.3 @ 94 mph
2002 jetta 1.8t manual trans. 1/4, 15.7 @ 89

2003 cl-s auto 1/4, 14.9 @ 96
2003 cl-s manual 1/4, 14.6 @ 98

so basically, even a manual 1.8t has no shot at an auto cl-s w/ equal drivers. manual for manual it's not even a race. and from a roll the VW =

Quick Reply: Volkswagen 1.8T