Trip to dealer

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2001, 11:01 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Trip to dealer

Okay so I go back after work to the dealer.
First thing I see a agean blue type S w/ a red comptech sticker in the exact same place I have mine.

I then aske the service guy if they know who's it is. and they say its there service managers car and its also there demo.
Comptech everything. exhaust,header,filter,sways,springs. He then asks me if I want to fire it up and drive it. even before I could say yes he's like come here, and I follow him, takes me to the service manager then says, Mr.Kim would like to that teh comptech type S for spin. He then tosses the keys to me and I go fire it up. First time sitting in the drivers seat w/ cl that had the comptech exhuast. Even tho I would of loved to drive it I just turned the engine gave it some gas and was just testing how loud the comptech exhaust are. Suprisingly it wasn't that loud and had a nice low tone to it.

Oh crap, I left my car on. I look back at my car and see that their already takng car of it.

While I was waiting i was reading my 'maximize your life' maxim book. 2 hours went by and I got my car back.

heres what they wrote on the summary paper.

wipers streaking-replaced both wiper blade
Vsalight glowing-ordered a new dash
Driver side window stopping 1/4- blamed it on my tint but lubed drivers run channel
passenger side door not unlocking- unable to replicate
Sunroon-Bulletin814006 install honda squeak reduction tape around moonroof opening.
part number 70200-all-999 Sqeak reduct tape (hahah) aka teflon tape.
Also got my step headlights re adjusted so they are both level again.
Another thing I noticed about this dealer is that now they actually dry your car after the wash. Before they would run it through a car wash then give it to you while its still wet. so i would go to a near by parking lot and hand dry it.

One thing at the dealer my paint spots looked fine. but once I got home and got a 2nd look WTF!!!!!!!! RAGE!!! the gray is gone but now it has a white spot. a bright white than the rest. as if it was painted over but i know they didn't since it only took 2 hours and I got wax put on it earliar. Now im pissed!!

oh and monday Im getting the paint that is chipping off under my passenger side headlight repainted.

------------------
CL-S
White/Ebony/Navi/Spoiler/Visor/Full Bra/Mud Guards/Acura Car Cover/Tint 20%,35%,5% on Sun Roof, Rockford 250a2 Amp w/JL10w6 / K&N Drop in Filter w/ J&J RAP CAI. Polarg m-6.
Comptech Headers,Springs,Sways, Eurolite Xenon Crystal high beams.Polarg m6

gtech 0-60 6.03 w/ 438 pound load. preheader.
Old 06-28-2001, 11:04 PM
nItIn

Who is the dealer? Sounds like they deserve a few stars on our Good, Bad, Ugly Dealership poll

(for everything except the paint booboo)

------------------
I'm Back - Wiser, Stronger, and more experienced than ever! Thank you guys for your support!

2001 CL-P - Nighthawk Black/Ebony/Burlwood trim, Wheel Locks, Spoiler, Trunk Net, Polarg M6 Road Lamps, Polarg M4 Door Lamps, Polarg M4 Map Lights, Polarg M12 Turn, Polarg M13 Reverse Lamps, Polarg M16 Dome Light. Burlwood '02 TL-S Steering, Burlwood Vent Trims, Burlwood Shifter, 35% all around Madico Tint

My Albums

[This message has been edited by nabster (edited 06-28-2001).]
Old 06-28-2001, 11:09 PM
Just call me DADDY!!!

I kinda have the same problem with my window. It makes noise when I roll it down and I think I notice a slowness to it. Also, I too have tint on my windows. Need to bring it in for some lube then or should I use my own KY Jell.

------------------
2001 CL-S Satin Silver/Ebnoy
  • Spoiler/moonroof visor/20% Tint
  • PIAA 19173/19170
  • Mobil 1 Oil/Oil Filter
  • X-Pel/Upgrade Cup Holder
  • Clifford G4 Solaris Remote Start Car Alarm
  • AEM CAI/Denso Iridium Spark

Just Ordered: Neuspeed Upper Strut Tie Bar
On its way: Comptech Sway Bar/WS Apexi Coilover/AEM Pulley
Old 06-29-2001, 12:03 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 48 Likes on 33 Posts
NOVA dont fuck with the points thing...p.s. i know this is unrelated but ive been meaning to tell you...i grew up in a small town and got known by the local establishment racked up somethin like 28 points in 36 months with several driving on suspended and after a few nites in jail and haveing been told that another conviction on driving on suspended could get me 1 yr in jail...so i stayed out with a bech warrant for 8 years no license finally as i was married and had a good well ok job i turned myself in w/the help of a lawyer got like community service a adi class and bam as EMRIL would say a brand new license

------------------
'01 3.2 CL typeS
H&R o.e.'s 1.0/1.0
AEM cold air w/bypass
---PIAA 19224----
satin silver metalic
Llumar platinum plus
tint 20% all around
kill list
ITR.'98gt,GTP,contour SVT
GS-R,87 GT,supra...and more to come
-----------------
'98 ACCORD V-6 sedan
16" coupe wheels
215/55/16 nitto's
20% smoke titanium
black chrome kit
Old 06-29-2001, 12:38 AM
Old timer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I went to my dealer and they didn't dry my car after the oil change (I didn't expect the wash, but if they're gonna do it they could at least dry it.)

Oh and that damned engine sound of COURSE didn't show up, but tonight I could hear it just fine.

I'm going to just have to take a trip down that way and if it shows up, pull into the service department and have a tech listen to it.
Or I might just drive it until whatever is wrong finally breaks. Then they'll know exactly what the problem was.

-J

------------------
2001 CL-S Aegean Blue/black interior spoiler, wheel locks, no-navi
50% tint sides, 35% back.
J&J custom CAI
Comptech drop-in filter.
I smell Comptech springs and sways in the near future! w00t!
Old 06-29-2001, 01:00 AM
Suzuka Master

Pohanka Acura. Great service. great people. Hey I don't blame the guy for the paint fix. looked fixed to me until i brought my car home.

oh and typeR. thnx for the info. I really don't plan on driving becuase my restriction is only for 6 months and the day i got my ticket i saw someone go to jail for driving on suspended licence. I just had to go to the dealer cause I had a list of problems and couldn't stand it anymore.

------------------
CL-S
White/Ebony/Navi/Spoiler/Visor/Full Bra/Mud Guards/Acura Car Cover/Tint 20%,35%,5% on Sun Roof, Rockford 250a2 Amp w/JL10w6 / K&N Drop in Filter w/ J&J RAP CAI. Polarg m-6.

Old 06-29-2001, 01:38 AM
Intermediate

I'm taking my car to Pohanka on Monday as well. I can't seem to get rid of a front-end shimmy (sp?). It all started when I hit a pot hole and I was told my front left RIM was bent so I had it replaced and the brakes turned, but I still have some of the same problems as before. I'm thinking that maybe the tire on that RIM needs to be replaced. Hmmmm.....

Anyway, I might see you there.
Old 06-29-2001, 03:36 AM
Three Wheelin'

if you guys are anal about the paint as i am and wax your car frequently, don't have the dealer wash your car. i know its convenient and free...but sometimes they will leave swirl marks and fine scratches. some dealers also use an electric buffer to detail the car. some of those guys don't know how to use it or apply too much pressure. nova, i think they might have tried to buff out those spots and thinned the paint. this happened to me and i had them repaint it. took two days but i made them do it. no charge.
Old 06-29-2001, 12:33 PM
Racer

Nova....

I use Pohanka, too. They have been pretty good in the past but I've been feeling the exact opposite. The past 2 times there, they said they could find nothing wrong with my brakes, but when I'm on rt 28 and stop for a red light, the damn wheel steering wheel shakes pretty bad.

When did they start drying off the cars again?--their new wash system is not supposed to cause spots, but while the paint may look OK, I have to clean the windows when I get home. I've taken the car in for oil changes several times and they haven't even washed it.
Old 06-29-2001, 01:48 PM
Suzuka Master

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by sundance_gold:
Nova....

I use Pohanka, too. They have been pretty good in the past but I've been feeling the exact opposite. The past 2 times there, they said they could find nothing wrong with my brakes, but when I'm on rt 28 and stop for a red light, the damn wheel steering wheel shakes pretty bad.

When did they start drying off the cars again?--their new wash system is not supposed to cause spots, but while the paint may look OK, I have to clean the windows when I get home. I've taken the car in for oil changes several times and they haven't even washed it.
</font>
as most of you know pohanka is redesigning there area and also got alot quicker and better service from the past. I was very suprised to see them actually dry the car. they even cleaned my inside windows. spot less.

and cl-driver

Im an anal freak too. I wash and wax my car every 2 weeks w/ the meguiers 3 step system. and every day I dust my car w/ the cali dustuer and every 3 day I do a kwick wax on my car w/ the spray. Always try to park in the shade and even wax my rims. I also carry water and other cleaning stuff in my trunk just in case i get some bird doo or tree sap. I don't know if you can keep it cleaner than what I do, my friends and family already think im crazy.

Im just waiting for my meguiers to run out so I can get my Zanio.

------------------
CL-S