Transmission problems.. :-(

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2001 | 01:26 AM
Advanced

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by blazerbob1:
Dealer said tranny fluid was a little burned and that all else seemed fine?! BS!!! If your tranny is having symptoms that you describe and fluid is a little burned your tranny is cooked dude! Sorry to hear this! Seem like our cars are having trans,brakes-rotor,and actuator problems. I have only 2400m so haven't yet any problems! Good luck with having your tranny correctly fixed!</font>
Thanks man, i agree sounds like BS to me too, I'll keep you all posted on what happens with it at...

------------------
2001 CL Type-S
Satin Silver/Ebony
also 97 Dakar yellow M3 and 99 Tacoma
Old 03-16-2001 | 01:26 AM
Oh...Behave!

Yeah, I agree! ...If the trans fluid is BURNT, then that confirms slipping - they should have given you a loaner, and taken it in for diagnostic testing! To send you out, is to make the abuse and damage even greater!

It could just be the shift solenoids (as in other cases), but now, in this case, you're probably going to have to get a fresh tranny!

Good Luck!
Keep us posted!

------------------
Red
Type S
So. Cal.
Dark Tint
18" Niche Bella 2-piece
Forged Aluminum Wheels
235/40/18 Sumo HTRZ II's
Jet Performance PCM Mod
Ram-Air CAI w/ K&N Filter
Comptech Headers
Removed Pre-muffler
Liquid Glass Finish
G-tech 0-60 in 5.62 secs
...Looks & feels faster!
Old 06-24-2001 | 07:39 PM
Advanced

Transmission problems.. :-(

Well, I think that my CL is the next to fall with a faulty tranny!! It has started last week when i was leaving from a stop sign. Car shift fine from 1st to 2nd then from 2nd to 3rd it just slipped..tach ent all the way up to 6-7 grand. I let off the gas and it did it again. Then the car must have shifted back down to 2nd because it took back off..Then seemed fine for a while..So i called Acura and took it in to be looked at..All they said was the tranny fuild was a little burnt but all else seemed fine.. So took the car back, and on friday it started all over agian but now it happens more often and sometime when shifting the car will just shake then jump into gear hard!! So time call the dealer back first thing in the morning and have this taken care of..Question for you guys that had problems before, how long did it take from when you first started to see a problem until it just failed all together? Just wondering how long i have until the car won't move anymore..

------------------
2001 CL Type-S
Satin Silver/Ebony
Old 06-24-2001 | 08:03 PM
Racer

Dealer said tranny fluid was a little burned and that all else seemed fine?! BS!!! If your tranny is having symptoms that you describe and fluid is a little burned your tranny is cooked dude! Sorry to hear this! Seem like our cars are having trans,brakes-rotor,and actuator problems. I have only 2400m so haven't yet any problems! Good luck with having your tranny correctly fixed!
Old 06-25-2001 | 12:54 AM
Advanced

Found it...this post disappeared, so i'll put it back..

------------------
2001 CL Type-S
Satin Silver/Ebony
Old 06-25-2001 | 01:08 AM
Burning Brakes

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by ATLCL-S:
Well, I think that my CL is the next to fall with a faulty tranny!! It has started last week when i was leaving from a stop sign. Car shift fine from 1st to 2nd then from 2nd to 3rd it just slipped..tach ent all the way up to 6-7 grand. I let off the gas and it did it again. Then the car must have shifted back down to 2nd because it took back off..Then seemed fine for a while..So i called Acura and took it in to be looked at..All they said was the tranny fuild was a little burnt but all else seemed fine.. So took the car back, and on friday it started all over agian but now it happens more often and sometime when shifting the car will just shake then jump into gear hard!! So time call the dealer back first thing in the morning and have this taken care of..Question for you guys that had problems before, how long did it take from when you first started to see a problem until it just failed all together? Just wondering how long i have until the car won't move anymore..

</font>
Well I never really waited for the tranny to fail completely (I advise you to do the same as well The tranny might as well have failed completely when you're on expressway traffic with everyone else doing 70+ and you can't get up to that speed.

I noticed my transmission was slipping the night before (a friends wedding), and I decided to take it in the next day. The next day is when the tranmission refused to shift out of third, and then second (in either sport shift, of auto mode).

Don't endanger you're life and the others around you waiting for your transmission to fail completely.

The whole job took a day to pull the old tranny out and put a new one in, the dreaded waiting part is what sucked (a week to have the transmission shipped in, and a week before that to have the Acura rep look at it.

-Johnny

------------------
01'
Black/Ebony CLS
Old 06-25-2001 | 01:13 AM
Advanced

JSuppi,
THanks for the info. I plan on calling the dealership first thing in the morning. I agree there no reason to wait, plus it's getting pretty bad!! Like i said before i'll keep all of you posted on how i make out..

------------------
2001 CL Type-S
Satin Silver/Ebony
Old 06-25-2001 | 01:16 AM
Burning Brakes

JSuppi,
THanks for the info. I plan on calling the dealership first thing in the morning. I agree there no reason to wait, plus it's getting pretty bad!! Like i said before i'll keep all of you posted on how i make out..
</font>
If you're concerned in the least bit about further damage to you, or your transmission call Acura customer service and get them to tow you to the dealership. It's best not to take a chance trying to make your way (limping I guess would be a good way to put it) to the dealersip with drivetrain problems.

If you have any questions feel free to drop me a line, I understand how frustrated you are right now (and unfortunately you'll probably be more frustrated as time goes on).

------------------
01'
Black/Ebony CLS
Old 06-25-2001 | 01:18 AM
Burning Brakes

</font>

Oh geeze I was in Atlanta last week for Tech Ed, hope i'm not taking the 'Transmission failure' luck with me everywhere i'm going

------------------
01'
Black/Ebony CLS