Speeding Tickets

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2001 | 03:59 PM
Race Director

Speeding Tickets

Hey guys,

Take you speeding tickets like a man!

You were speeding, you got caught, be responsible and either pay the fine or contest it as you have a right to do. Accept the consequences like a real man.

"It was wide open, nobody around", "The road is underposted", "It was 3am". Those are the same excuses I've heard a couple of decades ago. Surprise! They are not valid, not even today. Means nothing..

Stop with the "he hates me because I beat suchandsuch" or "isn't there something else the cop could be doing" or "I don't understand why" or "it's just quota time".

If you feel you've been mistreated, fine. I've probably read one story here where someone was mistreated. But if I were a cop and I saw you speeding, I would do the macho thing and chase you down and write you a ticket. It's my job, why wouldn't I? Actually I would enjoy it, nailing a hotrod doing 90 in a 55? You may not know it but the complains are coming in to the PDs all the time about speeders.

I've received a dozen tickets in my life and I expect to receive a dozen more before it's all said and done. You do get over that awful feeling [of getting ticketed] in just a few short weeks. But I admit [to myself] that I was speeding and that the cop was not wrong for catching me. I just arm myself with a radar detector, knowledge of the law (plea bargaining), and some extra speeding-ticket money, and make the best of it without whining like an irresponsible, immature driver and blaming LEO for trying to keep the general public safe from the crazy, wild, impetuous outbursts of speed that sometimes overwhelms me.

There; I said it.

------------------
* 2001 Acura CL Type S * Blk/Blk * Navigator * Spoiler * Moonroof Visor * V1 *
* Since 3/31/2000 *
* Road Warrior *

* 500 posts on h/a.net *** 400 posts "insane poster" on the "old" acura-cl.com *
Old 01-28-2001 | 04:01 PM
teh Senior Instigator

From: Huntington Beach, CA -> Ashburn, VA -> Raleigh, NC -> Walnut Creek, CA
"the gov't says i drive to fast, i say fuck em"

------------------
"the needle got buried at 140.....1,500 RPM later...the tach got buried"

pays to be young and crazy

99 3.0 CL
55 Chevy Suburban (chopped, dropped, tubbed and FLAME RETARDENT!!)

58 Eldorado Biarritz
Old 01-28-2001 | 04:05 PM
w.t.f., mate?

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by kensteele:

I've received a dozen tickets in my life and I expect to receive a dozen more before it's all said and done. You do get over that awful feeling [of getting ticketed] in just a few short weeks. But I admit [to myself] that I was speeding and that the cop was not wrong for catching me. I just arm myself with a radar detector, knowledge of the law (plea bargaining), and some extra speeding-ticket money, and make the best of it without whining like an irresponsible, immature driver and blaming LEO for trying to keep the general public safe from the crazy, wild, impetuous outbursts of speed that sometimes overwhelms me.

There; I said it.

</font>
A lot of the drivers here are YOUNG, and a ticket would skyrocket insurance prices to kingdom come. Not like we're not paying enough already...now I'm not saying that people should whine/complain about every ticket, but hey, if someone feels that he/she shouldn't have deserved the ticket, he/she should complain/vent/whine/argue all they want. They're still taking the ticket either way...

------------------
~Phil~!
2K1 CL-S since 6/13/00 named Laetitia! ~Quantum tint~ ~hyper-white road lamps~ ~spoiler, baby!!~ ~Uniden LRD 6599SWS Radar Detector~ ~Shine by Meguiar's Gold Wax~ ~Member of the Scratched Rims Club~ ~Getting a red Acura badge very shortly.~
~Xephyr CAI soon~
Former post count : Over 500!! FREAK!
Old 01-28-2001 | 05:11 PM
Adult Supervision

Hmmm, a fair discussion point.

Ken's right. You drove too fast. You got caught. Get over it. Worried about insurance prices? Maybe you should have thought about that sooner?

Iridium's right. If you want to vent, why not here. Seems reasonable.

My IMO is that if you want to vent, fine. But don't expect us to believe that you were in the right in most cases. Maybe he didn't like you for some reason and maybe he had an attitude - but if you were alittle less of a hot rod, you might not have even met him.

------------------
CL-S #22,299 Black/Parchment/Nav, spoiler, door & fender guards, wood trim, PIAA 19169 & 9005, V1 w/remote, trunk & winter mats, Road Salt Finish by Mass DOT, only 1 scratched rim
Old 01-28-2001 | 05:14 PM
Race Director

It's okay to vent. Especially if you don't deserve what you got. But can someone say responsibility? High insurance is the consequence. It's better than death.

To put some postive in this (I've been accused of being so negative), get a radar detector, any one of them. They'll help. IMO anyone who speeds without a radar detector deserves a ticket.

------------------
* Since 3/31/2000 *
* Road Warrior *

* 500 posts on h/a.net *** 400 posts "insane poster" on the "old" acura-cl.com *

[This message has been edited by kensteele (edited 01-28-2001).]
Old 01-28-2001 | 06:05 PM
teh Senior Instigator

It's okay to vent. Especially if you don't deserve what you got. But can someone say [\b]responsibility? High insurance is the consequence. It's better than death.

To put some postive in this (I've been accused of being so negative), get a radar detector, any one of them. They'll help. IMO anyone who speeds without a radar detector deserves a ticket.

[/B]</font>

i accept the fact i pay 3800$ a year insurance, suburban not included

------------------

99 3.0 CL

58 Eldorado Biarritz
Old 01-28-2001 | 06:54 PM
Adult Supervision

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by CLpower:

</font>
Is that just for the CLS? How many points and how old are you?

------------------
CL-S #22,299 Black/Parchment/Nav, spoiler, door & fender guards, wood trim, PIAA 19169 & 9005, V1 w/remote, trunk & winter mats, Road Salt Finish by Mass DOT, only 1 scratched rim
Old 01-28-2001 | 07:06 PM
Community Architect
robb m.

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by CLpower:

</font>
I pay $16,000/year

------------------
Astroboy out...
2001 Acura CL Type S: Comptech: Headers, filter, sways, springs, koni shocks, goodridge braided brake lines, full kicker system
1996 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo: H&R Springs and sways, Bilstein shocks
Old 01-28-2001 | 07:47 PM
teh Senior Instigator

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Astroboy:
I pay $16,000/year

</font>

thats why i said suburban not included

and + thats canadian $ so thats really like 1,200$ american

and no thats for my 3.0 CL and my caddy. I have 5 points in 2 years and i'm 19

------------------

99 3.0 CL

58 Eldorado Biarritz
Old 01-28-2001 | 10:20 PM
Moderator Alumnus

you do have a valid point, but when most of us do something wrong we LOVE to find an excuse for ourselves or blame someone else. it's just natural. people will always complain unless they get it their own way.

------------------
YuppieCL
'90 Accord LX
'01 3.2CL Type S
#6487, Satin Silver, Navi, Spoiler, Comptech springs, 35% Llumar window tint
PhotoPoint Pics! pw: pic
Old 01-29-2001 | 02:00 AM
Advanced

If someone gets a ticket and wants to vent a little bit, whats wrong with doing it here? The fact that you don't complain when you get a ticket, super duper for you...for the rest of us, we like to bitch and moan...get over it.
Old 01-29-2001 | 02:33 AM
Race Director

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by stangsrlame:
If someone gets a ticket and wants to vent a little bit, whats wrong with doing it here? The fact that you don't complain when you get a ticket, super duper for you...for the rest of us, we like to bitch and moan...get over it.</font>
Wrong, I didn't say I don't complain because I do sometimes. But I sure as hell don't start pointing fingers and saying "It's your fault" or "What's wrong with the world" or "Why are you treating me this way" or "Bad cops". That's not venting a little bit.

You had better get over it because the older generation is getting tired of that irresponsibility sh*t. This current generation is not getting off to a good start from what I can tell. It goes beyond just cars. So you want to be able to rent cars? You want to vote earlier? You want lower insurance rates? Who's gonna grant that....your generation or the older generation? Yeah, you keep bitching and moaning and avoiding responsibility.

------------------
* Since 3/31/2000 *
* Road Warrior *

Old 01-29-2001 | 02:43 AM
Advanced

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by stangsrlame:
If someone gets a ticket and wants to vent a little bit, whats wrong with doing it here? The fact that you don't complain when you get a ticket, super duper for you...for the rest of us, we like to bitch and moan...get over it.</font>

Most of today's young kids (15-25) were brought up in what I call the whiner/entitlement mode. Including my kids. So it's only natural for them to whine about a ticket and expect to be entitled to drive as fast as they want without consequence. Of course it IS the parents' fault.

------------------
South Jersey: 2001 Acura CL-s Gold with navi/spoiler/splashguards/V1/w/cdu
stock 1/4 mile 14.698sec@95.91mph
Atco Raceway 12/1/00
Old 01-29-2001 | 11:46 AM
Adult Supervision

Woa. This is getting heavy.

Can't we talk about our favorite color or how BMW drives are all pricks or something?

As a counterpoint, Ken, I think you would find as many responsible young men on this board as those who are not. We have read about a number of these guys who have worked hard enough to afford this car and much more. My hats off to them. If they were all "tree hugging panty wastes" as Imus would put it, then they would not be as successful as this. Oh, by the way - as a sixties or even seventies child (which I am assuming you are) you can't say that we had the most responsible generation either...

------------------
Old 01-29-2001 | 01:15 PM
Instructor

Agreed. If you can't do the time, don't do the crime...
*OR*
if you can't pay the fine don't do the crime. In other words, no streaking or speeding for me.

------------------
2001 CL Type S.
No spoiler. No NAV either. No fat chics.
no "phat" chics either.
Old 01-29-2001 | 01:25 PM
The Creator

IMO anyone who speeds without a radar detector deserves a ticket.
</font>
Definately true... Ive kicked myself one too many times cuz im a procrastinating bastard.

------------------
2001 Acura 3.2 CL Type-S
San Marino Red (Navigation)
PIAA 19173 Ion Yellow Fog Lights
Aftermarket Black Wood Trim Kit
Old 01-29-2001 | 11:14 PM
Race Director

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by MikeS 18:
Woa. This is getting heavy.

Can't we talk about our favorite color or how BMW drives are all pricks or something?

As a counterpoint, Ken, I think you would find as many responsible young men on this board as those who are not. We have read about a number of these guys who have worked hard enough to afford this car and much more. My hats off to them. If they were all "tree hugging panty wastes" as Imus would put it, then they would not be as successful as this. Oh, by the way - as a sixties or even seventies child (which I am assuming you are) you can't say that we had the most responsible generation either...
</font>
I'm 36. Hey, I might show up at some of these CL meets, without my car because I travel a lot by plane. If I do, I'll be glad to identify myself as kensteele, and say hi ya doing fellas...

Trust me, you won't even recognize me.

------------------
* Since 3/31/2000 *
* Road Warrior *

[This message has been edited by kensteele (edited 01-29-2001).]