Safe car!

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2002 | 08:12 PM
Advanced

Safe car!

I want to say that the 1st gen. acura is a very safe car. If u didnt read my other post then u wouldnt know what happened.
(i was in a 1998 CL 3.0)
I was siting at a stop sign. I looked to my left and then to my riight. I didnt look back to my left and i went. I got hit on my left side by a chevy corsica going about 60 mph and i did a 180 into a feild. I was knocked out on impacted and dont remeber geting hit. My head hit the passenger side head rest and knocked me out. .I had my seatbelt on and i would have got injured really bad if i didnt have it on. Also i was pined in by the door and middle console. I had to get the door cut off so they could take me to the hospital. I was ok, the only thing wrong with me was that my chest and neck from the seat belt and a little belt burn on my neck and a little cut on my head and bump on my head from the passenger side head rest. I also cipped a few teeth. but nothing to big.
The car was trashed , ill try to get pictures of it on here . There were 5 people on the other car but every one was ok , even though they didnt have thier seat belts on.
That was a close call on me. I thank the people that desinged the car and its safty features .
I felt like i lost a part of me when i trashed the car but il be ok

Has any one every had a bad wreck in thier CL???
Old 06-20-2002 | 08:28 PM
Stealthy A-CL Member

Whoa... Sorry about the car. Glad you're okay though.

The worst crashed CL pics I've seen so far are of HoneyCL's accident -

http://photos.yahoo.com/bc/yungminle...src=ph&.view=t
Old 06-21-2002 | 06:27 AM
Cruisin'

You're a lucky man. You can always buy a new car. Think about for a minute. Smell the roses
Old 06-21-2002 | 10:57 AM
Intermediate

yep.. i can say the same thing.. i used to have a 99 CL until i got into a FREAK accident on the highway on my way back to school after this past winter break... to cut the traumatizing story short.. i was prolly going about 85mph on a pitch black road when i swerved off the road and went into the ditch on the right.. hitting a tree at 80+ mph.. flipped about 5+ times? not sure.. but it was a looong accident... car was COMPLETELY trashed... all my luggage and clothes flew outta the car and engine parts were everywhere.. all the windows busted except the windsheild and my drivers side window..it was a SICK sight.. it was at least 2X worse than HoneyCL's accident....tow truck couldnt even get it out.. they had to call a flatbed to scoop it outta there...scariest part is i wasnt even wearing my seatbelt but my roommate and i walked outta that accident without a single scratch on us.. we shoulda died that night... i really miss that car and was pretty shaken up by it.. but my new 03 CL's been keepin me happy
Old 06-21-2002 | 11:51 AM
Advanced

yea

gezz that must have hurt .im glad ur ok . but when ur stuck in the car for about 15 min. or so you get time to smell the roses. that wreck scared the crap outta me . i just hope it never happeneds again..
i was the only one in the car and i think if there was anyone siting behind me they would have gotten hurt every bad because there was no back seat left... so yea
thanx guys
Old 06-21-2002 | 11:57 AM
Burning Brakes

this is exactly why i wont let anyone in my family drive a car w/o side airbags
i am glad you are not too messed up
Old 06-21-2002 | 12:02 PM
Advanced

?

i think the side air bags would have helped a little more but still i was sore in the morning!
Old 06-21-2002 | 12:07 PM
Fuct in the hed!

FEEL BETTER..........Then get a new car
Old 06-21-2002 | 12:18 PM
Advanced

thanx , ill get a new car after while ,, right now im drivin a 2000 passport.(and my dads 2003CLS) its alright but gas millage sucks.. its good for the off road once in a while , when it gets close to the serive time you get a lot of vibration .. but its all good , its some thing to drive . i like the V6 in it thats allways a plus
Old 06-21-2002 | 12:39 PM
You Fawkin Kiddin Me!

Damn!!! I am still in my 1st gen.. thank god i have not encountered anything of the kind (knocking on wood)...

What exactly did HoneyCL hit or get hit by? It looks like she got nailed by AMTRAK at full speed!!! OUCH!!!