Need Help Purchasing Zanio

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2002 | 02:31 AM
TRELOS

Need Help Purchasing Zanio

What are all the Zanio products that I need for polishing my CLS?

Is there also another place that I could purchase Zanio cheaper, than their site?

After using Zanio could I apply wax on top of the polish? Would u recomend doing so? Would adding wax on top dull my polished wet look. Or do u think that I should just stay away from using wax with Zanio at all, just stick with Zanio and Zanio only.

Tnx

Juker008
Old 09-03-2002 | 08:37 AM
10th Gear

www.ecklers.com.......It is a corvette specialty store...You can order Zaino's products online with a credit card. I couldn't find a credit card way to order on Zaino's website. The prices seem to be about the same, but I ordered mine on a Sunday from Ecklers and I got my stuff on that Tuesday. Very quick service.
Old 09-03-2002 | 08:50 AM
Cost Drivers!!!!

Get directions to apply Zaino from www.zainobros.com
Old 09-03-2002 | 10:42 AM
TRELOS

Hey Anthracite6Spd,

Tnx for the web site, I was looking for a web site that I could purchase it OL and w/ a CC.

Hey Zap,

Yea bro I did check out their web site but I felt that they were trying to sell me products that I didn't need.

About the Z5 for swirl marks do I need that even thorugh I have a CLS Silver? I would figure that the Z5 would be needed for Black and dark colored cars that have a tendency to show swirl marks.

Oh and about the car wash, do I need that as well? I have an excellent car wash shampoo. It is made by Pinnical, great stuff. Well the Pinical stuff is carnuba soap that is non-abrasive so as to not strip the wax. So could I use that? Or does the Zanio have some kinda magical formula that I have to use their car shampoo?
Oh and about the Clay Bar. I have a Mother's Clay Bar I can use that, right? Or do I 'HAVE' to get the Zanio one?

Tnx

Juker008
Old 09-03-2002 | 10:56 AM
Cost Drivers!!!!

Juker,
Well all i can say is i used to use other car care products and used Zaino once about 1.5 years ago and will not use anything else on my car or my mothers car. The stuff is absolutely fantastic.

The website is a little itimadating but just post Q's on here and i'm sure people will be more than happy to address your concerns. There are a few Zaino products you will NEED, IMHO.
Anything carnuba based will come off your car in days. It's just not worth it......

-the car wash as it doesn't strip any of the polish
-z1 and z2
-ZFX if you are gonna get hardcore
-claybar the car atleast once
Old 09-03-2002 | 11:17 AM
TRELOS

Originally posted by Zapata

Anything carnuba based will come off your car in days. It's just not worth it......

-the car wash as it doesn't strip any of the polish
-z1 and z2
-ZFX if you are gonna get hardcore
-claybar the car atleast once
Are u saying that if I were to wax my car after applying Zanio after it fully curied the wax would just come off after a few days? Ouch.

Now I read about the ZFX, to me that is nothing more than an accelerator. I alwayed believed that u could not get better/best results if u rushed things. I did read that with teh accelerator that it is then possible to apply 3 coats of Zanio all in one night. But still I feel that there is no substitution for patience. What do u think?

Tnx

Juker008
Old 09-03-2002 | 11:38 AM
Cost Drivers!!!!

Originally posted by Juker008

Are u saying that if I were to wax my car after applying Zanio after it fully curied the wax would just come off after a few days? Ouch.

Now I read about the ZFX, to me that is nothing more than an accelerator. I alwayed believed that u could not get better/best results if u rushed things. I did read that with teh accelerator that it is then possible to apply 3 coats of Zanio all in one night. But still I feel that there is no substitution for patience. What do u think?

Tnx

Juker008
Yes, lipid(wax) based products will either be simply washed, wiped etc., off

ZFX is the real deal. It helps the polymer cure faster and allows you to apply 3 coats in one day. It's not something you would use EVERY time you detailed. However, I believe that using ZFX 4 times a year(1-spring 2-summer 1-fall) will allow you to establish a very strong base which you can build on with non-ZFX zaino treatments throughout the year. The product works without a doubt. I don't think it's logistically possible to use ZFX everytime. It is both cost, time, sore back prohibative. Yet, do not get the impression that it does not what is adverstised.
Old 09-04-2002 | 02:56 AM
TRELOS

Zapata,

OK so u say using ZFX is not cutting corners? Like using a orbiter to polish a car, sure it works but ur cutting corners and won't get the BEST outcome.

Tnx

Juker008
Old 09-04-2002 | 06:53 AM
Team Owner

OK so u say using ZFX is not cutting corners? Like using a orbiter to polish a car, sure it works but ur cutting corners and won't get the BEST outcome.
ZFX kicks ASS and it’s definitely NOT “cutting corners”.
If anything, it’s BETTER because it allows you to get MORE coats on in a shorter amount of time for increased protection and better shine.

Shawn S
Old 09-04-2002 | 08:56 AM
Dromaeosaurs/Velociraptor

i cant stand the way my car looks right now. Even after a wash I see crap on the front. I think I am just going to wait until I get a P.O.S. car then get my CLS repainted and clear coated like a mutha..hahah....then up keep it with Zaino, for now I'll just rely on Meguairs 4 step detailer.
Old 09-04-2002 | 08:59 AM
Cajun Gumbo Man

Z F X R U L E S !
Old 09-04-2002 | 09:08 AM
Team Owner

Originally posted by RaptorCLS
i cant stand the way my car looks right now. Even after a wash I see crap on the front. ...........for now I'll just rely on Meguairs 4 step detailer.
Anyone else see what I’m seeing here ???

Shawn S
Old 09-04-2002 | 09:39 AM
Senior Moderator

Oh please don't go there.

No way is using an orbital or rotary polisher cutting corners. It is by far the best way to get a mirror-like finish. I frequently use it to remove the Zaino residue. Nothing better to bring out the shine.
Old 09-04-2002 | 09:58 AM
Team Owner

Originally posted by NSXNEXT
No way is using an orbital or rotary polisher cutting corners. ......I frequently use it to remove the Zaino residue. Nothing better to bring out the shine.
Well, that’s OK for a wimp color like SILVER , but I wouldn’t go near a DARK car with one.

Shawn S