My clock light is out....is that covered?

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2004, 09:39 AM
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My clock light is out....is that covered?

Its not the clock its self...but the backlit. I cant see the damn thing at night anymore So I have 46,700k on the OD...so I need to know...would this be covered under warrantee or is this a wearable item that its up to me to replace. Isn't it LEDs back there...I thought those took eons to burn out?

I just want to know before I call my dealer and they start there usual bull shit.
Old 10-14-2004, 09:43 AM
Doin' da crack shuffle

I don't think they are covered.

Most lights/bulbs aren't.
Old 10-14-2004, 09:43 AM

Hey, my light for the shit on the right of my ac controls is out. like the rear defoster light. It lights up when u push it, just not when the lights are on. Iw onder if that's covered. seems wear and tear tho.
Old 10-14-2004, 09:54 AM
Drifting

Yeah I was thinking if its bulbs its not covered...but isn't that LEDs back there...I didn't think they would burn out so soon???

I am wondering if its a loose wire. If its that my dealer will have a field day with me. Ohh you put in a aftermarket EQ you voided you clock warrantee. Even tho I put the EQ in a year ago and I didnt have to fool with anything dealing with the clock...lame asses. I guess I will just have to give them a call.
Old 10-14-2004, 10:41 AM
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I would think that if the backlit light is part of the clock electrical component itself (and not a stand-alone bulb), that the electrical component would be covered.
Old 10-14-2004, 10:46 AM
Banned

i thought it was bumper to bumper up to 50k miles??
Old 10-14-2004, 10:58 AM
Blown LS6!!

Mine went out about 2 years ago. I hit it a few times and it came back on .
Old 10-14-2004, 11:14 AM
I Heart 6 Gears.

yea same here... smack the bitch and she should come on
Old 10-14-2004, 11:23 AM
Balla on a Budget

Mine was burned out, and they replaced it w/o issues
Old 10-14-2004, 04:54 PM
Ich bin auf der autobahn!

It's warranty .Light bulbs are as far as I know not considered a consumable .If they give you static it is easy enough to put in a new one .

Jens
Old 10-14-2004, 05:03 PM
Drifting

I will call and ask them to see what they say...just asking on here first
Old 10-15-2004, 12:38 PM
Advanced

Mine was covered under war. The dealer ended up scratching the hell out of my dash and found themselves having to replace LOTS of dash pieces under "good will." They actually questioned if they infact caused the damage. Man was I pissed! ...but all better now - light and dash
Old 10-15-2004, 12:44 PM
Drifting

Thing I am worried about my EQ. The slide out tray under the AC in a non navi car is where I put my EQ. I did the install and I did it about a year ago...now I know these asshats at my dealer will say...ohh you must have shorted out something when you did the EQ. Now I know the EQ has nothing to do with the clock...but I know my guys and they will try to worm themselvs out of anything. Another thing is when they go to replace the lights in the clock if they so decided....will they have to take the stock radieo and EQ out...cuz if so I dont know if I want them messin with all that...they dont know whats going on there and I know they wil F it up.
Old 10-15-2004, 12:55 PM
8th Gear

My light went out too I gave it a few whacks after reading an earlier thread here and it came back on and has been working ever since - try that before you let the dealer at it!
Old 10-15-2004, 01:02 PM
Drifting

I tried that last ngiht...no luck

I plan to look in my helms manual and see how hard it is to get it...if its just bulbs and its not to hard I will do it myself before I go to the dealer. But if I rip it appart and swap bulbs and still nothing...then my dealer will probably say...oh well if you tried then you broke it more and now we have to charge to fix it.

I hate my dealer if you cant tell
Old 10-15-2004, 08:43 PM
Ich bin auf der autobahn!

The clock repair is easy ,here's how it's done : Lower the steering column all the way and pry off the upper steering column cover (push in on the sides and be forewarned it is a pain in the butt) .Next push the steering column up ,now pop off the left side fusebox cover and remove the screw holding the lower dash panel .Next grab this lower panel and pop it off starting at the door side .Next lower the column again and locate the 2 screws that hold the instrument fascia in place and remove them .Next push out the switches on the left side from the backside of the fascia and disconnect them (this is why you removed the lower dash panel so you can easily reach up there to push them out ) .Next is the fun part and it does require a bit of grunt .Grab the left side of the fascia and pull it out of the dashboard itself and work your way over to the right side .Once it is free of the dashboard you will have to squirm your way behind it to release the various electrical conectors .The entire fascia will with some coaxing slide to the passenger side of the car (this is why you removed the upper steering column cover for clearance and to not scratch it). Next slide the whole deal out and pop out the bulb install new one and reassemble in reverse of disassembly .
FYI and this is important ,there is a good cahnce you will break off one of the slots that is on the far right side of the dashboard .A tab on the fascia slots into this ,however do not panic as this is not really a big deal .Most of the time this one slot breaks as the clips that hold the fascia are so damn tight it is inevitable that this one slot busts off .After reassembly this is not noticeable and I have never see a rattle or other noise caused by it .

Jens