My Bose Stereo.

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2002 | 05:57 PM
Instructor

My Bose Stereo.

Just a question.

It is 2nd time my CD player going bad. I put new CD in and it doesn't come out. 2nd time already. 1st time I took my car to the dealer they changed the unit. Now the dealer they said it is on back order. It is 9 day's already I am waiting. And second time in arow it goes bad. Can I speed this process some way?

Thanks
Old 01-07-2002 | 11:35 PM
Suzuka Master

If you can see the CD stuck in there, apparently what you have to do is stick like a small/thin knife and gently lift the CD up so it makes better contact to eject..
Old 01-08-2002 | 07:27 AM
Three Wheelin'

I just had that problem. But I had 5 CD's stuck in the unit. I was also told the units were are heavy back order. Some how my dealer got one, & replaced mine last friday.(think they took it from another car) I hope mine doesn't jam again. On mine there were no cd's stuck in the slot, there were stuck in the unit. There was no cd to try & grab.
Old 01-08-2002 | 03:26 PM
Instructor

Fuck Just go a call from Acura Service I should wait 3 more weeks what the fuck is wrong with them????

Old 01-08-2002 | 06:44 PM
Suzuka Master

Seeing as that is the case, if it were me, I would get a CD that I hated and try to push it in. See if it will accept it or trigger something so the other CDs will pop out..

IMO
Old 01-09-2002 | 08:03 AM
Intermediate

satellite 23, has only been waiting 9 days. I have been waiting since November 24!!!

My dealer claims that the head units are on back order and their sources are not giving any indication as to when one will be delivered.

I have 5 CD's stuck in mine but they are CD's that I borrowed from the library. The dealer tells me that when they remove the radio they send it somewhere and those folks remove the CD's & ship them back to the dealer.

It is cold here in OH or I would be tempted to remove the unit myself (no heated garage available to work in).

I do not know how many head units are "beaking" but my feeling is that no one at Acura (Honda) anticipated this happening. Therefore most of the head units are being delivered to the factory (Marysville, OH) for production and hardly any are being delivered to the parts warehouses.

Good luck to everyone who is having problems. And if anyone gets a new head unit, perhaps they could pass along to us others as to how long they waited and as to where the dealer got the head unit.
Old 01-18-2002 | 05:05 PM
Intermediate

I got a call from my local dealer today and my new redonditioned radio is in - waiting since 11/24/01. Apparently I was the 11th person in line as of this Wednesday and supposedly 90 units were shipped this week to the parts warehouse.

I got a "bug up my ass" last week though and used a thin jewelers screwdriver to push the CD back into the headunit. I figured that if it was already broke then what is the big deal. It worked and then I hit eject and all 6 CD's came out no problem. Therefore, why not try to get them out yourself.

The CD's that were stuck were ones that I borrowed from the library and when they came out I happened to notice that they had a big security thing taped onto them - looked like a piece of wire. Therefore I will not put any of those back into the car player. I borrowed the CD's at night and did not happen to notice the security piece.

I am still going to get the radio replaced because at least there will be a record of previous trouble if I have problems again in the future.
Old 01-18-2002 | 05:23 PM
At least it's not Jersey

Are the CDs getting stuck store bought or home made with the labels that can be put on after burned? I was thinking the labels might be the problem like with sorenson997's borrowed ones with the tags on them.
Old 01-21-2002 | 05:36 PM
At least it's not Jersey

No one ever answered this... bump!
Old 01-21-2002 | 05:48 PM
Pro

Originally posted by Neech
No one ever answered this... bump!
do not ... i repeat do not ever put a cd into a player that has any form of adhesive strip, sticker, or attached label on it. especially into a slot drive like ours cds get hot the adhesive wears off with the heat and it is bound to get stuck...

i make my own cds and i never ever use that label making program shit that comes with it its not only a waste of time it fucks up your cd player just write the name of the cd on the top with a marker who gives a shit if it looks ghetto so long as the cd works its all good
Old 01-21-2002 | 07:15 PM
At least it's not Jersey

I do the same, no labels. Temps all over the place and no troubles. So maybe it's just another Acura (Bose) issues with our cars (knock, knock). Man, I don't what to think except, well, it could be a Ford.
Old 01-22-2002 | 02:13 PM
Suzuka Master

Man, you guys are lucky. Some Audi guys have reported waiting as much as a year to get a replacement radio. I still don't understand how these comanies can sell such an expensive product, and then when it comes time to fix them, they just twiddle their fingers. Oh, and I agree, don't put CD's with labels if you can help it.