lowering questions

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2002 | 11:21 PM
SHIFT_over.so.I.can.see

HELP! Suspension Questions...

ok, after much debate between getting Tein SS ( really nice) and just springs and shocks combo I've decided to do springs and shocks. Mainly because I don't think I will ever readjust anywyas once I find a good height and it'll be a waste for me since I won't race so much on a track for adjustable dampening to even matter. Basically, I'm TOO LAZY and TOO BUSY to ever readjust the thing. This all gets me to my next issue, camber and shocks with different springs. Some (H&R sports/race, Sprint, Eibach SportKit) have been said to require at least rear and sometimes front end camber readjustment. The only other that I've read where people haven't needed camber is H&R OEs, Eibach ProKits, anD CT springs. I need some measurements of HOW MUCH out of specs my camber will be without an adjustement. That would probably mean front and rear measurements seperately. Also what about shocks? What kinds of shocks should I be looking at (if any) or do my stock shocks work fine for certain applications (CT or H&ROEs)? I'd like to do this sometime in the next few weeks. Any ideas people? Once you all let me know maybe I can start looking and waiting for a set of used springs (probably looking at the CTs most seriously) ...
Old 09-11-2002 | 12:46 AM
SHIFT_over.so.I.can.see

anybody out there wanna help me out here?
Old 09-11-2002 | 12:48 AM
Drifting

Re: HELP! Suspension Questions...

Originally posted by civic4982
ok, after much debate between getting Tein SS ( really nice) and just springs and shocks combo I've decided to do springs and shocks. Mainly because I don't think I will ever readjust anywyas once I find a good height and it'll be a waste for me since I won't race so much on a track for adjustable dampening to even matter. Basically, I'm TOO LAZY and TOO BUSY to ever readjust the thing. This all gets me to my next issue, camber and shocks with different springs. Some (H&R sports/race, Sprint, Eibach SportKit) have been said to require at least rear and sometimes front end camber readjustment. The only other that I've read where people haven't needed camber is H&R OEs, Eibach ProKits, anD CT springs. I need some measurements of HOW MUCH out of specs my camber will be without an adjustement. That would probably mean front and rear measurements seperately. Also what about shocks? What kinds of shocks should I be looking at (if any) or do my stock shocks work fine for certain applications (CT or H&ROEs)? I'd like to do this sometime in the next few weeks. Any ideas people? Once you all let me know maybe I can start looking and waiting for a set of used springs (probably looking at the CTs most seriously) ...
I still think that your better off getting the Teins. If your never going to adjust the height...don't say never, trust me...you'll love the ability to adjust the stiffness. Konis will cost you atleast $500 at the cheapest and why not put in a little more money and be able to adjust the height if you like. Wait until sometime next week and I will post some pics of my car with the Teins or do some searchs and see how nice you can lower your car. I had the CT springs and stock shock combos for less than 2 months. Trust me, if you get the CTs, after a month, you'll wish your rear was lower. Change out your tires to a lower profile like a 45 and your CL will look like a 4x4 again.
Old 09-11-2002 | 12:52 AM
Drifting

Neuspeed sport springs... no camber kit..no problems..
and even drop .. period!!

Why bother with CT don't even notice the drop....
Old 09-11-2002 | 12:57 AM
SHIFT_over.so.I.can.see

what about shocks? do the CTs ride ok on stock shocks?
Old 09-11-2002 | 01:05 AM
Drifting

Tried sending you a PM, but your box is full. Here is what I wrote:

Thanks for the compliments . The CTs have a nice drop in the front, but the rear is like 1inch drop AT MOST. Trust me...it's nice for now...I thought i would just be happy with the CTs too...go look at Shawn S's car and Red Rider...check out their gaps with 18inch rims on a 40 profile. The stock shocks on the CTs rode like stock...suprising very similar...you'll hardly notice it. No need to worry about cambers, it's not until you hit 2inchs or lower before cambers become an issue. My rear is now clearing the gap and I have a 1 degree negative camber problem. Stock is 1 degree negative allowed...I'm at 1.99 on one side and 2.1 on the other. But my tires won't bald out that quick, maybe a year at least. Tire wear on the Comptechs are non existant, just get the alignment done after the Comptechs settle and you'll be okay. The Teins with the damper setting is so much cooler! I have it max setting right now and rides very nice and stiff! With my headers, I take off quick, come out of turns quick, launch quicker, and everything! Shocks make a difference! Any other questions feel free to IM, Email, or PM me .

Richard

civic4982 wrote on 09-10-2002 10:59 PM:
man I love the way your car looks in those pics... with the CTs I think it's plenty low enough for my liking and preference... theo nly reason I'd get the Teins is to be able to make it HIGHER hehe... anyways how did the shocks ride? the springs? how about camber? how much was it off? I know you only had it two months but how about tire wear? thanks...
Old 09-11-2002 | 01:28 AM
SHIFT_over.so.I.can.see

wait tha 1 degree negative camber problem, is that with your new TEINSS or with your old CTs? How much was the negative camber on rear and front with the CTs? I'm really not going to ever upgrade my wheels b/c I'm broke as all hell and if I did I'd want some nice brand name 18s (no ADRs hehe )... so just stickin' with stock for a while... so you had NO camber problems with the CTs? o yeah nd what about sways? headers? I guess I'll just sell a kidney and do all CT stuff...

Originally posted by peiqinglong
Tried sending you a PM, but your box is full. Here is what I wrote:

Thanks for the compliments . The CTs have a nice drop in the front, but the rear is like 1inch drop AT MOST. Trust me...it's nice for now...I thought i would just be happy with the CTs too...go look at Shawn S's car and Red Rider...check out their gaps with 18inch rims on a 40 profile. The stock shocks on the CTs rode like stock...suprising very similar...you'll hardly notice it. No need to worry about cambers, it's not until you hit 2inchs or lower before cambers become an issue. My rear is now clearing the gap and I have a 1 degree negative camber problem. Stock is 1 degree negative allowed...I'm at 1.99 on one side and 2.1 on the other. But my tires won't bald out that quick, maybe a year at least. Tire wear on the Comptechs are non existant, just get the alignment done after the Comptechs settle and you'll be okay. The Teins with the damper setting is so much cooler! I have it max setting right now and rides very nice and stiff! With my headers, I take off quick, come out of turns quick, launch quicker, and everything! Shocks make a difference! Any other questions feel free to IM, Email, or PM me .

Richard
Old 09-11-2002 | 01:32 AM
Drifting

wait tha 1 degree negative camber problem, is that with your new TEINSS or with your old CTs? How much was the negative camber on rear and front with the CTs? I'm really not going to ever upgrade my wheels b/c I'm broke as all hell and if I did I'd want some nice brand name 18s (no ADRs hehe )... so just stickin' with stock for a while... so you had NO camber problems with the CTs? o yeah nd what about sways? headers? I guess I'll just sell a kidney and do all CT stuff...
The 1 degree problem is with my Teins...sorry should have been a little more specific. The CTs, I don't remember, but it wasn't bad. Well tire upgrades is still na issue. Any profile lowering than the stock 50 will produce a gap and only continue to produce a bigger and bigger gap. Sways are very useful...don't have them yet, but it's one of my next planned mods after the icebox. The sways will make a difference with a CT drop, but a drop that is like 2inch or lower will probably yield no gains with the sways. The headers are a must have! Sell whatever it takes to get it . But I guess you can wait and see how the OBX headers are going to do...they're at half the price of the COmptechs.
Old 09-11-2002 | 01:43 AM
SHIFT_over.so.I.can.see

great so the decision is made... CT springs, no shocks, no camber kit, save the rest for CT headers and sways... can't wait now... just have to find someone to sell me used CT springs...
Old 09-11-2002 | 09:29 AM
Drifting

great so the decision is made... CT springs, no shocks, no camber kit, save the rest for CT headers and sways... can't wait now... just have to find someone to sell me used CT springs...
Hahhaha...good choice...don't worry, just be patient, I see used CT springs sold all the time...used to not understand why people sold them...but now
Old 09-11-2002 | 01:45 PM
Sick Spd Owner

I got mine from Dean for 250 something shipped, not too bad, putting em on next tuesday.
Old 09-12-2002 | 08:30 AM
Drifting

Why would a profile change result in more gap unless you are screwing with the overall tire diameter?

Or is it just an optical illusion?

et. 215/50/17 == 235/45/17 == 25.5 inch diameter (varies slightly with manufacturer)
Old 09-12-2002 | 09:23 AM
Old timer

Here's the deal with camber on the 3.2CL: It's different for every car. People with identical suspension mods - some are reporting the need for camber kits while others claim their camber is still perfectly within spec.

On my car even just the Comptech springs drop was enough to start wearing my tires improperly. When I went to coilovers I bought camber kits to fix it.

Also, Comptech springs with the stock struts is a decent setup but you will wear out those stock struts faster that way so just get Konis with the springs, whatever springs you get.
Old 09-12-2002 | 09:53 AM
Drifting

Originally posted by hemants
Why would a profile change result in more gap unless you are screwing with the overall tire diameter?

Or is it just an optical illusion?

et. 215/50/17 == 235/45/17 == 25.5 inch diameter (varies slightly with manufacturer)
I'm not entirely sure if it's an illusion or not, but I've seen it in real life and in pictures.