LET'S ALL GET THE LEFT LANE BANDITS

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2001, 07:29 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
LET'S ALL GET THE LEFT LANE BANDITS

and fuck them up. i have had it with the stupid m/f's tying the road up when the road is open in front of them. no amount of flashing or honking will wake them from their stupor.
i say we all get together and force the fucks off the road . next week will be"KILL THE LEFT LANE BANDITS" AFTER one week we can rid ourselves of these stupid bastards.
what do you say, lets sign up now and get them. who's with me?
Old 07-05-2001, 07:35 PM
Cost Drivers!!!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
lemme get my desert eagle
Old 07-05-2001, 07:39 PM
Ambidextrous Masturbator

I'm there with ya. You know what I like to do? I like to get in front of those slow ass people and go even slower than them to get them out of the left lane. As soon as they move over, I take off and so do the rest of the cars behind the idiots.
Old 07-05-2001, 07:39 PM
Rod
Drifting

Only in a perfect world.
Old 07-05-2001, 07:44 PM
Old timer

Desert Eagle hell, give me a bigass county snowplow truck to push them off the road. Fackers.

-J
Old 07-05-2001, 08:40 PM
do it yourself, !

Originally posted by SidVicious:
<STRONG>I'm there with ya. You know what I like to do? I like to get in front of those slow ass people and go even slower than them to get them out of the left lane. As soon as they move over, I take off and so do the rest of the cars behind the idiots. </STRONG>
HAHAHAHAA.. I do that too!! I've even slowed down to about 25 on an empty 55mph highway until they actually realized.

-j
Old 07-05-2001, 09:13 PM
Race Director

I'm serious about this bumper thing. Back in the old days when cars were heavy and had big chrome bumpers, the cops on the open highway were few and far in between, license plate numbers were not in some huge National database, and insurance was a luxury at best, if someone was driving slow in the left lane, you drove right up to their rear bumper, touch with your big chrome bumper, and using that huge engine, floor the accelerator and push. The bumpers would not crush in but instead you would actually literally force the car in front of you to speed up. The only think left to do at this point was for the offending driver to speed up enough to unlock bumpers and move over. He couldn't slow down even by braking because your vehicle behind him could easily overpower his engine.
Old 07-05-2001, 09:16 PM
nItIn

the worst part about it is ... after the eternity passes by and they decide to move over to the right lane to let you pass, they FLIP YOU OFF and hi beam you !

I mean geez lady would it hurt you to keep your slow ass in the right lane ?????

[ 07-05-2001: Message edited by: nabster ]
Old 07-05-2001, 09:19 PM
nItIn

Originally posted by BSK181:
<STRONG>and fuck them up. i have had it with the stupid m/f's tying the road up when the road is open in front of them. no amount of flashing or honking will wake them from their stupor.
i say we all get together and force the fucks off the road . next week will be"KILL THE LEFT LANE BANDITS" AFTER one week we can rid ourselves of these stupid bastards.
what do you say, lets sign up now and get them. who's with me?</STRONG>
does this qualify as road rage?
Old 07-05-2001, 09:36 PM
Racer

yea road rage is illegal now...lets report him...that law pisses me off to no end
Old 07-05-2001, 10:42 PM
Racer

Who wants to set up a group buy on ram bumpers?
Old 07-05-2001, 11:16 PM
Advanced

Originally posted by kensteele:
<STRONG>I'm serious about this bumper thing. Back in the old days when cars were heavy and had big chrome bumpers, the cops on the open highway were few and far in between, license plate numbers were not in some huge National database, and insurance was a luxury at best, if someone was driving slow in the left lane, you drove right up to their rear bumper, touch with your big chrome bumper, and using that huge engine, floor the accelerator and push. The bumpers would not crush in but instead you would actually literally force the car in front of you to speed up. The only think left to do at this point was for the offending driver to speed up enough to unlock bumpers and move over. He couldn't slow down even by braking because your vehicle behind him could easily overpower his engine. </STRONG>
I bet I could pull that off in my Volvo...if it had any power to speak of
Old 07-06-2001, 01:42 AM
retired

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Can you say "missile launcher"? Boy I can't stand those bums hogging the left lane.I commute 140 miles a day to and from work, nothing and I mean nothing sucks like some bonehead jawboning into his cell phone in the left lane holding up traffic.Then the best part is when the bum finally clears out of the way I either have to get off the highway anyway or they look at you with this quizzical look that states quite plainly that they have no idea what they are doing wrong.Where is the police when you really need them????????Jens
Old 07-06-2001, 04:19 AM
Subie Dubie

Simple solution : Death Penalty for left lane bandits, call your Congressman, unless it's Gary Condit, he's a little tied up right now !!
Old 07-06-2001, 05:22 AM
Team Owner

Received 4,273 Likes on 3,050 Posts
haha that s nothing to me.... in SoCAL where i live, i see those chinese lady with MBZ 600, bmw 740. lexus LS 430 even porche driving 20-25 mph on a 45 zone and they r always next 2 each other because they drive the same speed... so i CANT even pass them....( i m chinese too )

and those old white ladies as well.... except they drive 1980s' =)
Old 07-06-2001, 05:27 AM
Banned

Have you ever seen the gun on an Apache helicopter? It turns where ever the pilot turns his head. Stick one of those on your roof and I guarantee people will get the hell out of your way.
Old 07-06-2001, 05:36 AM
Team Owner

Received 4,273 Likes on 3,050 Posts
i have 4 strobe lights in my headlights.... if it s at night... i will just PULL THEM OVER hahahah
Old 07-06-2001, 10:49 AM
- daemonichris -

hi
Old 07-06-2001, 11:10 AM
Moderator Alumnus

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Here is my way of handling the left hand lane retards:

First off, if your a 1/4 mile away and approaching fast, FLOOR IT! I have noticed that when someone looks in their rear view and sees you are doing an insane speed, they move over in fear of being run over LOL. No really, try it, it works.

Sometimes if you fall back and pace them from a safe distance they will lane change. Sometimes when you are a dick people get pissed and purposefully block you in.

If they are simply an asshole, use that shoulder to your advantage.

Lastly, flick your highbeams on and off in a fast pattern they might think your a cop
Old 07-06-2001, 11:16 AM
Burning Brakes

it seems to me that the ones i get behind don't use their rearview mirror. they are just fuckin oblivious.
Old 07-06-2001, 11:26 AM

arent there laws out there that require slower drivers to move right?

i think VA has a law like that... anybody know? nova?
Old 07-06-2001, 12:31 PM
Rod
Drifting

Originally posted by eclipse23:
<STRONG>Here is my way of handling the left hand lane retards:

First off, if your a 1/4 mile away and approaching fast, FLOOR IT! I have noticed that when someone looks in their rear view and sees you are doing an insane speed, they move over in fear of being run over LOL. No really, try it, it works.

Sometimes if you fall back and pace them from a safe distance they will lane change. Sometimes when you are a dick people get pissed and purposefully block you in.

If they are simply an asshole, use that shoulder to your advantage.

Lastly, flick your highbeams on and off in a fast pattern they might think your a cop </STRONG>
I do the same thing, try to scare them out of the way. Since many of the slow drivers down here are either old people about to OD on medication or paranoid women this tends to work. But yeah, occassionally you run into an asshole who gets pissed b/c you're trying to tell them to get out of the way and they are then determined to not let you pass them. WTF? Why do they find it so difficult to switch lanes and drive behind one of the other assholes in the right lane? Why do the assholes have to drive side by side, even if you find a road with 10 lanes in each direction you're bound to find 10 assholes lined up blocking traffic. These should really be the people that cops pull over and give a hard time to, LEARN HOW TO DRIVE!
Old 07-06-2001, 01:03 PM
Happy CL-S Pilot

I am doing 75-80 on 55 on the left lane of 2-lane HW. The right lane is slowww say 45-55 bunch of beaters and semi trucks, plus joining traffic from on-ramps...

I got tailgated by some stupid asshole that thinks I should move over and let him pass, What do you think I should do, move over?nope! Should I speed more? Not in my day!

Even he started Hi-beamimg, flickering, what ever, but no I am already doing 25+ ....

All I can say, slow down and get a life!
Old 07-06-2001, 01:09 PM
Moderator Alumnus

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Originally posted by Nashua_Night_Hawk:
<STRONG>I am doing 75-80 on 55 on the left lane of 2-lane HW. The right lane is slowww say 45-55 bunch of beaters and semi trucks, plus joining traffic from on-ramps...

I got tailgated by some stupid asshole that thinks I should move over and let him pass, What do you think I should do, move over?nope! Should I speed more? Not in my day!

Even he started Hi-beamimg, flickering, what ever, but no I am already doing 25+ ....

All I can say, slow down and get a life!</STRONG>
Why not just let him pass and get back in behind him? Honestly, people like you piss me off on the highway, you don't want to do 55 with the trucks so you'll block up the left lane doing whatever speed you think is right? Why? Why? Why?
Old 07-06-2001, 01:12 PM
Burning Brakes

hey nashua, why do you feel that its your decision to slow him down, let him pass and get back in the left.10+, 20+ 30+ whatever,you or anybody staying in the left is just breaking balls.
Old 07-06-2001, 01:24 PM
Happy CL-S Pilot

To be more clear, on 2-lane HW where it is very unsafe or sometimes not possible to change lanes cause you are doing 80, right lane is @55, there is no enough space to change lane or cause of joining traffic..

Otherwise, usually I dont hog/ride the left all the way, most of the time I stay in the middle lane of 3-lane HW reagrdless the speed I am doing...

And hey what is better than letting someone passes you and keeps doing 90+ clearing the way for the speed traps!... let him deal with the cops, and save my day
Old 07-06-2001, 01:27 PM
Rod
Drifting

Well, at least nashua does it while going over the speed limit. That doesn't really get to me as much. What pisses me off are the dumbasses that get in the left lane barely going over the speed limit or even slower than the limit.
Old 07-06-2001, 02:04 PM
Burning Brakes

that's cool, do not mean to rag on you.
yeah, you can be my 85mph rabbit for the popos.
Old 07-06-2001, 04:19 PM
nItIn

<STRONG>I am doing 75-80 on 55 on the left lane of 2-lane HW. The right lane is slowww say 45-55 bunch of beaters and semi trucks, plus joining traffic from on-ramps...

All I can say, slow down and get a life!</STRONG>
I might've been that stupid asshole Nash .. whats it gonna hurt you to step it up for a second and merge into the right, lemme pass, and then come back over?

for you 25+ is more than enough over the limit, for my grandma, 2+ is more than enough to warrant her spot on the left lane. it is all relative. bottom line, i think if there is someone in the left lane going faster than you (especially as someone who likes going fast themselves, show them some courtesy .. let em by)
Old 07-06-2001, 04:21 PM
nItIn

<STRONG>To be more clear, on 2-lane HW where it is very unsafe or sometimes not possible to change lanes cause you are doing 80, right lane is @55, there is no enough space to change lane or cause of joining traffic..

Otherwise, usually I dont hog/ride the left all the way, most of the time I stay in the middle lane of 3-lane HW reagrdless the speed I am doing...

And hey what is better than letting someone passes you and keeps doing 90+ clearing the way for the speed traps!... let him deal with the cops, and save my day </STRONG>
my bad .. sorry bout the above comment. I didnt read your safety post till after i had responded.
Old 07-06-2001, 04:38 PM
Subie Dubie

Simple rule of thumb to me, if someone wants to go faster in the left hand lane, let them go by,period. Move when it's safe to do so, but get the hell out of the left lane if someone wants to pass !!
Old 07-06-2001, 04:52 PM
Rod
Drifting

Originally posted by Red Rider:
<STRONG>Simple rule of thumb to me, if someone wants to go faster in the left hand lane, let them go by,period. Move when it's safe to do so, but get the hell out of the left lane if someone wants to pass !!</STRONG>
Exactly!
Old 07-06-2001, 05:02 PM
Banned

Nashua...I do have to agree with BSK181...he's right ya know...it's a courtesy thing...if you wanna travel 70mph on a 2-lane...it's your right...but why hold up someone else? Cut over...let all the other people behind you pass and cut back in...simple...if you don't wanna gt stuck behind the trucks...just speed up until you get in front of the trucks and cut over.
Originally posted by BSK181:
<STRONG>hey nashua, why do you feel that its your decision to slow him down, let him pass and get back in the left.10+, 20+ 30+ whatever,you or anybody staying in the left is just breaking balls.</STRONG>
Old 07-06-2001, 05:16 PM
Happy CL-S Pilot

moomaster_99,

Yep, I do cede the lane whenever I feel safe changing lanes as a matter of courtesy. On ther other hand, I dont see that tailgating flickering, and what not a matter of courtesy at all.

There is differnce between one coming fast in yoour mirror, slowing down till you be safely able to change lanes, and proceed with his high speed advanture and one who just tailgate you and starts pushing you off the lane with his bulling tactics...

Some mutual consideration, pleaz!
Old 07-06-2001, 06:12 PM
Instructor

I will actually speed up to clear the left lane for an oncoming car if I am blocked by cars to my left from moving over before the guy gets to me. Of course, no one does this for me. I even speed up so people to my right can slide behind me without being slowed by a truck or something.

And.. when I really get pissed.. I drop to third and pass EVERYBODY on the far right --not illegal in California by the way.

The other day on I5 a stupid red C5 Corvette was pacing a truck in the right lane. AHHHHHH!! I just wanted to kill the bastard. Of course, after I get by and am cruising at 90mph he decides to speed up and pace me. Twat.
Old 07-06-2001, 06:12 PM
Instructor

that shoud be "blocked by cars to my right.."
Old 07-06-2001, 06:17 PM
Suzuka Master

There was an interesting book that I read a long time ago that associated "bad" behavior with crowding. I mention this since most of the areas with low crowding, seem to have less trouble with "lane hogging", "road rage", and other "territorial" issues.

The same people that do the left-lane hog act are similar to the people that fly in front of my car. They make a right turn by rolling through the stop sign, then drive in front of my car doing 20 MPH in a 35 MPH zone.

The fast lane is for passing, but some people (and I've personally know them) take great pride in inflicting their view of the left lane speed limit on everyone behind them. This wouldn't be so bad, but on a number of occasions I've seen the drivers of the adjacent 2 lanes driving in formation --Can you say rolling road block?

I pull over for people behind me and let them do the path finding. Hey, why not let them go 10 MPH faster than I want to go (they usually end up with the ticket).

Is it really worth a ticket, bullet, "road rage incident", to "force" one of these nuts to move (when they clearly are not). Most of the people I see doing the blinkers, horn honking, and screaming are just making some of these jerks day!

[ 07-06-2001: Message edited by: EricL ]
Old 07-06-2001, 06:28 PM
Safety Car

BTW, have you ever noticed that the left lane is usually the slowest lane during congestion times? I dont know what it is, but using the right lane is always faster. Left lane is standing still while middle and right are moving. I guess people think it will be faster cause its THE FAST lane. \/\/hatever.
Old 07-06-2001, 06:56 PM
Banned

Amen.....btw, Nashua...I wasn't trying ot imply that tailgaters are right or anything...I read your other posts later...
Originally posted by BigPimp'sTypeS:
<STRONG>BTW, have you ever noticed that the left lane is usually the slowest lane during congestion times? I dont know what it is, but using the right lane is always faster. Left lane is standing still while middle and right are moving. I guess people think it will be faster cause its THE FAST lane. \/\/hatever.</STRONG>
[ 07-06-2001: Message edited by: moomaster_99 ]
Old 07-06-2001, 07:51 PM
Advanced

On a four-lane freeway, I usually drive on either lane 3 or 4. Mostly on 4 than 3, this cuts down at least 10 minutes of my 40-mile commute to work in rush hour traffic. Guys (and Gals), please drive safely and don't forget to wave when seeing a fellow CL owner.