Have Replaced NAVI now version 2.03 but still the samoe old maps

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2001, 11:28 AM
Happy CL-S Pilot

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Have Replaced NAVI now version 2.03 but still the samoe old maps

I got my NAVI CU replaced. I checked the NAVI info and now I have the software version 2.03

But still I have the old database.

It seems that this refers to the NAVI firmware code, or the embedded software, not the version of the maps on the DVD.

So, thise who got version 1.02 will not get 2.03 if they just replaced the DVD maps.

Is that correcrt?

I had a lot of soft problems that I had to replace my NAV?

------------------
Bare Bone Stock Type-S. Plenty of accessories. PIAA 19169 to be installed soon.
Old 01-17-2001, 05:41 PM
Suzuka Master

You should call the Acura Care people. I'm not sure what is going on, but you may need some more help to get what you need.

I upgraded the 1.09 software to 2.03 *and* I did notice that the firmware and map data changed.

There are new icons, colored areas, and other details NOT in the 1.09 (for the LA area). The database info is different.

Give Acura Care a call if your dealer can't help you out...
Old 01-17-2001, 06:36 PM
Race Director

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If you are NOT having problems with the Navi, I suggest you wait before getting the upgraded DVD, perhaps when a better DVD with clearly defined [upgraded] features and possibly a completed database included.

------------------
* 2001 Acura CL Type S * Blk/Blk * Navigator * Spoiler * Moonroof Visor *
* Since 3/31/2000 *
* Road Warrior *

* 500 posts on h/a.net *** 400 posts "insane poster" on the "old" acura-cl.com *
Old 01-17-2001, 06:52 PM
Suzuka Master

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by kensteele:
If you are NOT having problems with the Navi, I suggest you wait before getting the upgraded DVD, perhaps when a better DVD with clearly defined [upgraded] features and possibly a completed database included.

</font>

It was worth it to me. On the other hand, the Alpine branded database is a lot bigger. I had (have?) a database of the details in the Alpine database vs. the Acura database *and* there are many more cities included in the OEM database. (Yes, you are correct!)

The question is: When is Acura (in conjunction with Alpine/Navtech) going to bring the Acura CL-S database in line with the Alpine unit?

I would sure love to know...

Old 01-17-2001, 08:05 PM
Racer

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by EricL:

The question is: When is Acura (in conjunction with Alpine/Navtech) going to bring the Acura CL-S database in line with the Alpine unit?

</font>
Kinda off topic here... but i heared there is a way to convert the screen so it doubles as a DVD player.. is that true?

------------------
2001 3.2 CL
Navigation
Spoiler
No Mods yet
Old 01-17-2001, 08:33 PM
Suzuka Master

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Kinda off topic here... but i heared there is a way to convert the screen so it doubles as a DVD player.. is that true?
</font>
I don't know. Some folks suggested that the LCD screen in the front uses NTSC video (I don't know). If the screen has a well known format/interface, then I would expect that someone could wire up a DVD player to the screen (anything is possible).

I don't think you can modify the Alpine unit itself -- (I'm sure Alpine could, if they wanted to -- but then there would be that problem of having a TV/Video screen within view of the driver).

Perhaps some video hacker/pioneer can help.

I thought that there was someone on this or the old BBS that mentioned seeing or fixing up an LCD to display DVDs (but I'm not sure it was our exact car).

Well, more questions than answers...

Old 01-18-2001, 01:45 AM
Racer

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by EricL:
I don't know. Some folks suggested that the LCD screen in the front uses NTSC video (I don't know). If the screen has a well known format/interface, then I would expect that someone could wire up a DVD player to the screen (anything is possible).

I don't think you can modify the Alpine unit itself -- (I'm sure Alpine could, if they wanted to -- but then there would be that problem of having a TV/Video screen within view of the driver).

Perhaps some video hacker/pioneer can help.

I thought that there was someone on this or the old BBS that mentioned seeing or fixing up an LCD to display DVDs (but I'm not sure it was our exact car).

Well, more questions than answers...

</font>
Thanks for the info dude....

------------------
2001 3.2 CL
Navigation
Spoiler
No Mods yet
Old 01-18-2001, 03:41 AM
w.t.f., mate?

I thought you could watch DVDs on the LS430...just the engine needs to be turned off or something.

------------------
~Phil~!
2K1 CL-S since 6/13/00 named Laetitia! Quantum tint, hyper-white road lamps, and I just got a spoiler on baby!! Uniden LRD 6599SWS Radar Detector. Beautiful shine provided by Meguiar's Gold Wax. Shuttup, I know it's not Zaino

Former post count : Over 470
Old 01-18-2001, 01:08 PM
Banned

The Acura navi display is only 256 color capable. A movie would look horrible just as a computer monitor does at 256 color. In Florida it is illegal to have a movie showing within sight of the driver. That is why all the mini vans with LCD screens that can play a DVD are located behind the driver.