Got in a wreck...my poor CL...it may be gone

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2006, 03:20 PM
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by All Mine
Can you get a picture of the gauges in different colours? Please.

I will try or I will find some. ITs really quite cool! You have 5 settings for the 3 primart colors so you can get a bunch of different shades of colors too. Thats how they get so many....
Old 04-12-2006, 04:49 PM
Banned

Old 04-12-2006, 05:05 PM
I'm a Vagiterian.

Old 05-02-2006, 01:02 AM
Banned

how are you guys affoding these wheels, stock market?
Old 05-02-2006, 07:48 AM
Drifting

Originally Posted by moomaster_99
right back at ya chinaman jo hahahahaha

Crap...I forgot about taking pics...sorry ill get them this week for ya

As for my cl....yep you guessed it....still dont have it back!
Old 05-02-2006, 07:49 AM
Drifting

Actualy the rims on my car set me back a whopin 650...they had a buy 3 get one free sale when I got them. But they are only like 750~800 reg.
Old 05-09-2006, 08:20 AM
Drifting

Ok got some pics of the my color in the GT. These are the preset colors...you can also go in and they have a R G B with 0-5 on each one.

This is orange...its close to red.

Old 05-09-2006, 01:59 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by NOLACLS
Ok got some pics of the my color in the GT. These are the preset colors...you can also go in and they have a R G B with 0-5 on each one.
The purple one suits you Mark....:theghey:

Old 05-09-2006, 02:14 PM
ASM I.S. Design FTW.

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Baylove
how are you guys affoding these wheels, stock market?
it's called a job.
Old 05-09-2006, 02:17 PM
I'm a Vagiterian.

That's pretty bad ass. Nice car man. I hope you're fully enjoying it. WTF's taking so long with your damn CL?
Old 05-10-2006, 04:41 PM
Drifting

Originally Posted by moomaster_99
The purple one suits you Mark....:theghey:

Sorta like you and that fat cow with the robe on right

What is takeing so long....well I think the place that has it is really hurting after the storm and the guy behind it also isnt pushing it along. I dont know but I got my ins company involved again and there is more progress. I am bringing him 2 new tires tomorrow for the right side of the car...I told him I expect the car to drive 100% straight when I pick it up and now he cant try and blame the old ones on the right and the new ones on the left. I hope this it getting close to an end I stll need to sell it. I want to get 20k for it with all the mods and new rubber. Think that can happen?
Old 05-10-2006, 04:43 PM
Drifting

Another cool thing about the color stuff when you get low on gas and your in any color except red the gas gauge will turn red for a warning light.
Old 05-10-2006, 04:51 PM
Banned

Another cool thing about the color stuff when you get low on gas and your in any color except red the gas gauge will turn red for a warning light.
oooooooooooohhh

So what is gas out there now??? When you coming out here to pay $3.50/gallon???
Old 05-11-2006, 09:54 AM
Drifting

I dont recall what the gas prices...I just swipe the company gas card :P

I dont know if I can go there moo...my car is tuned for 93oct....and I dont believe you have that out there right. Doesnt cali only have like 91 or some crap like that.

Hate to say it but high gas prices are good for my business lol

Should be going to bring 2 tires to the bodyshop...and im going to give my car another look over. Of corce tho he is still not done he says. I will be checking the miles as well.....
Old 05-16-2006, 07:55 PM
2nd Gear

NOLACLS... I know this thread is a month old, but I just realized you are the same guy from reefcentral. I'm Sh0gun on RC. Just got my first CL.

Anyway just saying whats up.
Old 05-16-2006, 08:07 PM
2nd Gear

I guess the tread isn't that old. Did you ever get your tank up and running?
Old 05-16-2006, 08:19 PM
I'm a Vagiterian.

Just out of sheer couriosity... Assuming you get it back, and it's in halfway decent condition. How much would you want for it?
Old 05-17-2006, 08:10 AM
Drifting

Originally Posted by Schwaggles
I guess the tread isn't that old. Did you ever get your tank up and running?

Heh actually this thread is much older than a month....its almost at 1 year I shit you not....this ordeal has almost taken up a year of my life

I don't think the problem is the car....its the shop working on it. I don't understand why on earth this guy doesn't finish this shit and be finished with me. Altho he got paid for the work he did already and my ins co had it closed. I quickly told them thats not the case and explained. No now they are now involved in it again.

Today I am calling again and if he doesn't have something other than im trying to still get blah finished I am calling someone. I don't know who but I am going to try another approach...the news...lawyer...something. Because me and the Ins Co. is not cutting it!

I never set up that big ol tank...Katrina hit and WIPED OUT my 110 that I was going to transfer. I am now moving in a year so since I had nothing I didn't want to get started again and have to move it all. Hurricane season is now only 15 days away

Now for what I want for the car...03 6spd 56k non nav....im honestly going to try to sell it around my area for 20k with the mods. High price...maybe but it does have a AEM CAI, CT headers, springs, and sways, STB HKS exhaust, tint and 4 brand new toyo 235/45/17. I will even leave what audio gear is in it now...that is a audio control 4.1 EQ mounted above the stock 6 disc and CDT front and rear speakers...no amps or subs (its a good start to a good system). Its going to drive just like it used to or im not takeing it back....and the body shop knows it!

Now if someone on hear wanted it I would conceder a lower offer (PM me)
Old 05-17-2006, 11:17 AM
'Big Daddy Diggler'

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
well if spewed oil everywhere, then the oil pan tore into the crank, meaning you may need a new block. With all the other damage, it could be totaled.
Old 05-17-2006, 11:26 AM
Drifting

Originally Posted by bigman
well if spewed oil everywhere, then the oil pan tore into the crank, meaning you may need a new block. With all the other damage, it could be totaled.

Its not totaled...oil pan was cracked open not torn off.
Old 05-17-2006, 07:04 PM
Retired Post Whore

Mark cancel your car!!!
Old 05-18-2006, 07:57 AM
Drifting

Originally Posted by Infamuz
Mark cancel your car!!!

Hey whats up man! Trust me If I could I would....I tried every which way to make this go away....if they just would have left it on the darn gound it would have went under water. Thats the most anoying part believe it or not.

Bodyshop said friday it might be ready(yeah right)....so im going spring a surprise visit on his ass tomorrow
Old 06-07-2006, 08:59 AM
Drifting

Ok I need to know something ASAP!!! What (if any) chips OR tuners are out there for this car????????

I just luckily found out some BAD BAD info on my car. This shit is killing me!! I talked to Acura yesterday because my car is supposed to be ready at the body shop. Before I pick up the car I wanted to get a print out of all the records of work done for this wreck just to make sure of things.

I wanted this stuff because I called them a few days ago to ask them a question about a part's letter I got in the mail for the coil packs. For the first time the Acura guy had said the car has a chip in it right! I said no it 100% does NOT have anything done to the computer!! After going in and talking to them he said they can NOT read any codes off the CPU because it modded....like they are locked out of it or something!!

So I asked about the coil packs and how did they come up with them as the problem when the check engine light came on....Acura said it was a guess!! I friggin guess...as in they couldn't read codes for the check engine light so they said uhhhhhh coils and plugs all 6 need to be changed...thats making the light come on due to detonation. The car was making a odd knocking type noise and the light came on and would stay on but only after an hr or so of driving.

Long story short this still isn't done...I have never messed with the CPU so if Acura cant communicate with the CPU something is WRONG with it and its from the WRECK! So I need to know any info on tuners or chips for this car....I may need to prove this to my insurance company!!!!!
Old 06-07-2006, 01:08 PM
I'm a Vagiterian.

The only thing available is the GReddy E-Manage, and Uni-Chip.
Old 06-07-2006, 01:12 PM
Drifting

Thats what I thinking...and those both externial "chips" the fools at acura could see? So no one can reflash the acura ecu...thats what the serv manager is saying is the problem!

Why does this shit always happen to me.
Old 06-07-2006, 01:51 PM
darealest1

Got in to a wreck today! Long story short...17 yr old kid with no shoes no licence took his parents NEW (with the temp tag) car with out them knowing. I was in the left lane...he was in the right. He lost control (speeding im sure) and started sliding and I actually heard him before saw him. He hit my front passenger fender pretty hard and threw me over a curb grinding everything under my lowered car and hit a telephone pole on the driver rear. Car dumped ALL the oil all over. All I could see was the pole heading at me fast...very very scarry. All I had was my friends cell camera when he showed up. I don't know if the car will be totaled or not...depends what it did under it. I am ok but my shoulder is a little sore now. NOT a good day....

They are covering all my oil with sand or something

That is wood from the poll. It is in between the rim and the tire...and the tire is still fully inflated!!!!! Thats a hard fast hit! If I was over another foot...I would have taken that pole out...and I could have been hurt bad!!!

By baby...maybe for the last time

So how bad can it be under there...I slid on concrete before the pole to after. I bet its ugly under there.
I really feel for you. I just got my cls 6mt out of the shop 2 weeks ago today from a wreck I had and I had to drive a ford fusion while it was in the shop. It was terrible, I couldn't wait to get my car back. Luckily, I just had some front end damage about 2500 worth so now its fixed like brand new. If it is totalled, you have an excuse to go and get a brand new tl! File on their insurance for everything they've got, and take them to court if they try to leave you with any out of pocket if you have to get a new car.
Old 06-07-2006, 02:07 PM
I'm a Vagiterian.

Thats what I thinking...and those both externial "chips" the fools at acura could see? So no one can reflash the acura ecu...thats what the serv manager is saying is the problem!

Why does this shit always happen to me.
You're right. Our thingy is too stubborn to be reflashed. So it's only possible with a stand-alone, or a piggy.
Old 06-07-2006, 02:13 PM
Drifting

Damn this is going to be interesting. I cant tell you how many times I have got into it with this dealer on stupid shit like this. Good thing is I have always come out on top.
Old 06-07-2006, 02:28 PM
I'm a Vagiterian.

Originally Posted by darealest1
I really feel for you. I just got my cls 6mt out of the shop 2 weeks ago today from a wreck I had and I had to drive a ford fusion while it was in the shop. It was terrible, I couldn't wait to get my car back. Luckily, I just had some front end damage about 2500 worth so now its fixed like brand new. If it is totalled, you have an excuse to go and get a brand new tl! File on their insurance for everything they've got, and take them to court if they try to leave you with any out of pocket if you have to get a new car.
He bought a brand new, custom built, '06 Mustang GT a few months ago. So I doubt he's going for a new TL.
Old 06-08-2006, 01:25 AM
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by lnsyone
I'm sorry to hear about that. But at least you're alive. Life cannot be replaced.

Couldn't of said it any better.

Are you going to press charges on that kid? His parents?!
Old 06-08-2006, 12:51 PM
Drifting

I'm not worried about the kid and parents...I just want Ins to do the right thing and total the car! Now if the Acura guy is saying he cant link up to the computer there is a major problem with it and thats expensive and necessary! I don't want to be stuck with that!

No way am I looking at anything else...this gt is really fun!

And you arr right, I am glad im not hurt from this other than time and money...I was heading for the pole....things could have been much worse if I didnt smack that 10" curb first!!
Old 07-03-2006, 04:03 PM
Drifting

UPDATE....this shit is never going to end!

Ok...so low n behold the car goes back to acura to see whats wrong with the ECU...they hook up the computer and tah dah it works. No one knows why it didn't work before and now they DON'T think its modded. SO I am kinda relieved...BUT I don't trust them. So I ask them if I can pick up the car that is now back at the body shop and go to acura and see for my self the computer working properly...they agree.

ON THE WAY THERE GUESS WHAT COMES BACK ON....yup you guessed it...the check engine light is back on...2nd gear at 4500RPM pops it on every time!!! The car is also making the same funny knocking noise. So once im at acura they hook it up and read the codes. MISFIRE in cyl 1,3,&5! This is what they got the first time and thats why they changed the coil packs and plugs. So now they are going to have to dig further....they say maybe injectors...or the valves need adjusting (maintenance stuff not wreck stuff). I know this isn't going to fix it....this problem is from the wreck so something is jarred out of whack. THE CAR COULD STILL BE TOTALED. God I hope the Ins company gets spooked and doesn't want to take the engine apart and just total it...I will laugh in every ones face!!! 12k into it already and 15k is the special number!

More to come.....
Old 07-03-2006, 04:52 PM
I'm a Vagiterian.

Wow... That's fuckin' shitty. Good luck with it.
Old 07-04-2006, 08:01 PM
Drifting

I will be verry interested to see whats causing the problem...it is 100% from the wreck! I mean thats a whole side of the V6 misfiring!!!
Old 07-12-2006, 12:40 PM
Drifting

UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE......this just in

Talked to acura...they have to pull the heads off and go into the engin now....he said the cats are running extreamly hot...could be thousands of dollars...and the acura guy thinks it could be enough to finaly total the car (im at 12 into it and 15 is totaled)!!! He is waiting on my Ins co to call him so he can give them the low down on whats going on and see what they want to do!

How crazy will it be when they tell me my car is totaled after a year of Fing with it!!!!!
Old 07-12-2006, 01:48 PM
ChairmanMaoSaysRTFM

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
i hope you get to ram this back in their insolent faces.

SSTS
Old 07-13-2006, 09:47 PM
Moderator Alumnus

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
This has to be the craziest insurance scandal known to man. Your ins co are F'ING wackos. Time to burn their building down...lol.

Sorry for your loss. But I am glad everything is working to your favor. I love the new GT stang!
Old 07-14-2006, 08:21 AM
Drifting

You know I really dont know whos fault it is right now...I feel its a little of everyones including KATRINA. The thing that really gets me about all this is my ins co is not going to be out of $...they will go after the at fault co and get there $ back. I think the body shop guy didnt push totaled because he wanted a little slice of the action. BUT above all the missery this has caused me I am still alive and well and now driveing another fun car.....and WHEN they total this car (cuz im not stopping till they do) I am going to put a turbo on my GT to make up for the last year of shit, 450rwhp booyeah bitch!

So I really feel this MIGHT be ending soon! I talked to acura yesterday and they had talked to my ins co....acura said the heads need to come off and things might be cracked and ugly in there (missfire in cyl 1,3,5 ; cats running hot detonation sound). He said your looking at 4-5k easy and then the acura guy then tells me the ins lady let out a big sigh and said God I just want to total this car and be done with it. So it is my feeling they are crunching #'s now to see what to do cuz I have not heard from the ins co yet and they told acura not to do anything. I think I am not going to wait for them to call...I might call today.

More to come......
Old 07-21-2006, 08:28 AM
Drifting

Yall are NOT going to believe this......I have not talked person to person with the ins co yet just back n forth on 2 messages. They are saying now my modification are what cracked the "header" Yes I said head"er"....but in fact the "heads" are what is cracked. This lady is telling me this in a message and she sounds like a fool because it doesnt make sence.

Acura of all people are on my side saying WTF is the ins co doing. Acura feels the cracked heads are from the wreck and know there is no way a CAI and headers did this. Yes I have CT headers on the car so the fact the ins co is saying my mods are what cracked my uhhh mods is really funny!!! The lady said the adjuster feels your mods are stressing the motor and causing it to overheat and crack the header....funny how a CAI and headers can actualy improve the gas millage....that certianly doesnt sound like stress to me!!

I need to talk to them in person, not in a voice mail....if they dont budge I will take them to court and thats where I will try to make them relize how dumb they are and make them PAY!!!
Old 07-21-2006, 08:50 AM
Drifting

I just talked to the ins lady on the phone. I started by asking are you reading this ifo your telling me off a report from the Adjuster? Yes she is and she went on to say she may have said the wrong thing....maybe she ment head gasket. I went on to tell her its not even the head gasket....its the actual HEAD is cracked. I then told her how acura explaned that the head gasket blows out when the temp gets to high to protect the heads...and the head gasket is not blown out. I also went on to tell her ACURA doesnt even understand what your doing....they told you it was wreck related!!! She told me she has to talk to the adjuster again and I said no shit!!!

Then this chick tells me how she is so busy with over 177 cases and she cant take a whole day for just me. I told her this has been going on for over a year and she needs to hussle on my case!! I even tried to get the info for the adjuster so I could do the leg work but they dont give out that info. I then told her to have the guy call me and she said he probably would not because they dont get involved with the person.

So...where am i at now....I am waiting on another call from the ins compnay after this ho bag talks to the dooshbag adjuster and then we will see what they say. If they still have the same answer I will be calling my lawyer!

Quick Reply: Got in a wreck...my poor CL...it may be gone