Figured out something with the passenger wing mirror....

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2001 | 08:29 PM
Suzuka Master

Figured out something with the passenger wing mirror....

Do not flame me if you already know this...

Sometimes when I reverse, I would rather the passenger mirror not dip. But today, as I was reversing with the wing mirror dipped, I pushed the mirror switch to the right, and the wing mirror came back up.

So, when you are backing up and want the mirror to come back up, just use the mirror switch and take it off from the off position.
Old 12-02-2001 | 08:33 PM
Racer

Don't feel bad, I didn't even know that the mirror would tilt like that until I had the car for almost two months. Just accidently read it in the owners mannual one day. hehehe
Old 12-02-2001 | 08:46 PM
Instructor

LOL. I can totally relate. I knew it was supposed do that cause the TL did, but for like a month I couldn't figure out why mine didn't tilt down. Just before I was about to take it in, I noticed it was in the "Right" postion.
Old 12-02-2001 | 10:15 PM
Happy CL-S Pilot

One thing, you may never know about the rear side mirrors....

Afer you park, you can flip the mirrors inwards..... So, you can minimze some stupid driver from knocking them off....

But I wished the mirror can be fliped inwards/outwards by an electric motor as it is the case with high end Mercedes Benz! That would be way cool.
Old 12-03-2001 | 07:44 AM
Senior Moderator

Originally posted by Nashua_Night_Hawk
One thing, you may never know about the rear side mirrors....

Afer you park, you can flip the mirrors inwards..... So, you can minimze some stupid driver from knocking them off....

But I wished the mirror can be fliped inwards/outwards by an electric motor as it is the case with high end Mercedes Benz! That would be way cool.
The Inspire does that. Just a matter of time before Ron figures out how to do it. I want to wire it to my alarm.
Old 12-03-2001 | 07:54 AM
Burning Brakes

Lexus also has the auto fold in mirrors.

We can almost do this today. We can get a custom sticker to go over the Warning Airbag tags on the sun visors. Something like "After exiting this car, please push in the side mirrors"
Old 12-03-2001 | 11:05 AM
Instructor

Re: Figured out something with the passenger wing mirror....

Originally posted by Eggplant-EX
Do not flame me if you already know this...

Sometimes when I reverse, I would rather the passenger mirror not dip. But today, as I was reversing with the wing mirror dipped, I pushed the mirror switch to the right, and the wing mirror came back up.

So, when you are backing up and want the mirror to come back up, just use the mirror switch and take it off from the off position.
Interesting observation. Actually, for a short time I thought my passenger mirror tilt-down feature wasn't working when I was backing up. This seemed to happen randomly until I finally realized that I sometimes I was leaving the mirror switch in the right postition (instead of the "off" position). doh!
Old 12-03-2001 | 12:17 PM
Suzuka Master

I guess I just thought that it was neat that while you reversing, you can bring your wing mirror back up without taking it out of reverse, just by moving your mirror switch..

I turn my car alot (for work) and some times it is pain when your mirror is tilting down and you actually now want it back up..