Dealer is booked up doing transmissions

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2003, 12:45 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 708 Likes on 550 Posts
Dealer is booked up doing transmissions

Just made an appointment to fix my squeaking suspension.

Turns out I have to wait for a loaner car for at least 3 weeks because they are all booked up doing transmissions.
I asked them if there is going to be a recall, they told me no, only warranty extension.

That sucks, the tranny problem is really big.... 2% would never make dealers so busy....must be much higher...
Old 01-02-2003, 12:53 PM
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Or he only has a couple of loaners, and he is waiting for a couple of Tranny's?
Old 01-02-2003, 12:58 PM
YOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Can you describe your squeeking suspension problem? I think i have the same... in the front-left side...
Old 01-02-2003, 01:00 PM
Suzuka Master

Originally posted by CO-CL-S
Or he only has a couple of loaners, and he is waiting for a couple of Tranny's?
First I asked if I can come tomorrow, and they were like "no, unfortunatly we are too busy" So then I said, OK, I can come latter but can I get a loaner car" and they were like "next available is in 3 weeks, we are busy with transmissions...." Then I ask: "Is there going to be a recall?" Answer: "No, there is a warranty extension".
That's all.
It was very brief conversation.

That's exactly what I heard, not trying to start rummors... just telling what I was told.
Old 01-02-2003, 01:01 PM
K-Town Road Whore

I have the same squeaky suspension, left front also. Anyone know what it is?
Old 01-02-2003, 01:06 PM
Suzuka Master

Originally posted by ruvz
Can you describe your squeeking suspension problem? I think i have the same... in the front-left side...
Yep, its front driver's side. It squeaks if you go over uneven surface, or simple way is to shake your car in the hood area, it will be squaking very loud... you'll hear it right away...

Few other people complained about this problem, do a search.... Actually, mine is back the second time. The first time they lubricated ball joint, and now I suspect they will replace the entire ball joint ( the last time I was told - if it happens again they will replace the ball joint.... ) so it did happen one month latter again..
Old 01-02-2003, 01:11 PM
Changin bulbs since '73

Received 12 Likes on 4 Posts
dude, they are changing my ball joint and bearing as we speak .
Old 01-02-2003, 01:14 PM
Suzuka Master

Originally posted by Loseit
dude, they are changing my ball joint and bearing as we speak .
How long does it take to replace it? It's rediculous that you had to come the second time to have it replaced.... it's not your dealer's fault, they are just following warranty repair protocol dictated by Acura... Can't they realize that if it happened once, lubrication won't help and only is a temporary solution and you'll be back the second time to have it replaced? Why not replace it the first time?! Sort of the same thing they used to do with transmissions: "We will replace your ATF fluid first, and if that does not help we'll swap the transmission"
Old 01-02-2003, 01:22 PM
Changin bulbs since '73

Received 12 Likes on 4 Posts
he said he will have it done by four. I think they started it at like 11 am today.
Old 01-02-2003, 01:28 PM
Administrator Alumnus

Received 131 Likes on 82 Posts
Holy hell... Booked up for tranny replacements? That's crazy!!!

Ever since SilverBullet's post about a recall, there's been a stir around here regarding it. But he's seemed to disappear in recent days, making some, including myself a weeee bit skeptical of thei whole "recall" (voluntary or not) thing.
Old 01-02-2003, 01:33 PM
Instructor

I have a rattle in the front right, everytime i go over an uneven surface it rattles, I took a look at it and there seem sot be some sort of a liquid coming out of the shocks i guess. I brought it in and couldn't get a loaner for 3 weeks also, so i'm rattling
Old 01-02-2003, 01:35 PM
Suzuka Master

Originally posted by russianDude
First I asked if I can come tomorrow, and they were like "no, unfortunatly we are too busy" So then I said, OK, I can come latter but can I get a loaner car" and they were like "next available is in 3 weeks, we are busy with transmissions...." Then I ask: "Is there going to be a recall?" Answer: "No, there is a warranty extension".
That's all.
It was very brief conversation.

That's exactly what I heard, not trying to start rummors... just telling what I was told.
sounds like a shitty dealership to me. take your business to another dealership, they are just BSing to you. 3 weeks for a loaner car that means acura is in trouble because everyones tranny is dieing!

or how about you call up again and ask to speak to the service manager im pretty sure you will get a loaner.

sidemarker
Old 01-02-2003, 01:39 PM
Suzuka Master

Originally posted by sidemarker
sounds like a shitty dealership to me. take your business to another dealership, they are just BSing to you. 3 weeks for a loaner car that means acura is in trouble because everyones tranny is dieing!

or how about you call up again and ask to speak to the service manager im pretty sure you will get a loaner.

sidemarker
Actually I like my dealer, they are always honest and do their job right. It's not an emergency, besides I'll be out of the country for one week.... so I don't want to raise hell and push them to give me a loaner, I can wait..... car is drivable, just squeaking, that's all.... I am not upset about waiting 3 weeks, but I am upset to hear that they are busy with transmissions....
Old 01-02-2003, 08:13 PM
do it yourself, !

Where did you go? Not Park Ave, right?
Old 01-02-2003, 08:45 PM
Race Director

I think I mentioned this before, but I'll ask again?

If Extended Transmission Warranty caused this, doesn't that mean people saw the letter and then went to the dealership to get it taken care of? In that order, right?

Where were all these dead/dying transmissions BEFORE the letters when out? --meaning your dealership wasn't booked solid 6 months ago.

My theory: People see the letter, call in, make an appoint to get tranny fixed...whether it needs fixing or not...sorta like a pre-recall.

I can do the same thing....my tranny is just about to go out...but I'm waiting....either for the actual recall or until we can verify that there is a NEW TYPE OF TRANNY being used...whichever comes first.

Let the dealerships get some practice before they touch your tranny.
Old 01-02-2003, 08:51 PM
Suzuka Master

Originally posted by langjae
Where did you go? Not Park Ave, right?
Sussman Acura, Maple Shade, NJ.

They have good service, and I've been happy with their work and customer service... dealerships are not guilty of all the problems ...
Old 01-02-2003, 08:56 PM
Suzuka Master

Originally posted by kensteele
I think I mentioned this before, but I'll ask again?

If Extended Transmission Warranty caused this, doesn't that mean people saw the letter and then went to the dealership to get it taken care of? In that order, right?

Where were all these dead/dying transmissions BEFORE the letters when out? --meaning your dealership wasn't booked solid 6 months ago.

My theory: People see the letter, call in, make an appoint to get tranny fixed...whether it needs fixing or not...sorta like a pre-recall.

I can do the same thing....my tranny is just about to go out...but I'm waiting....either for the actual recall or until we can verify that there is a NEW TYPE OF TRANNY being used...whichever comes first.

Let the dealerships get some practice before they touch your tranny.
Intresting point, before warranty letter they were not so busy.... they must be glad they have so much work, making huge profit probably

Also, 2001 is getting older day by day, and there are more chances of people starting to have problems.... If you look at the poll, most problems happen in the 20-30-40-50 area.... I guess most of the people getting in that range, figure average person yearly miles are 12K*2year.....

I think by 100K miles everyone's transmission will need to be replaced..... if not 100%, then 90% for sure.... so its like a recall....