Choice between the CLs 6-speep or accord 6speed

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2003, 09:03 AM
Masshole

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by Aquineas
Wow, lots of strong opinions here.

Pros for CLS:
  • I would think you could get a non-Type S CLS 6-speed for very close to, if not less than, the price of a 6-speed Accord.

No such thing as a non-Type S CLS 6-speed. The 6-speed is CL-S only.
Old 03-09-2003, 09:09 AM
Disproportionate Member

Originally posted by EdgarFanCLS
No such thing as a non-Type S CLS 6-speed. The 6-speed is CL-S only.
Thanks for the correction. I researched the Accord a lot when I was deciding on my car, and i didn't really look at the CL as much.
Old 03-10-2003, 03:38 PM
Banned

Originally posted by torqueaholic

P/S: Godforbid you should try to bring that chubby ass into the twisties! you'll need a lot more than that HLSD, to save your ass from an OWNAGE! :pfawk:
Hahahahah....if you knew what i had in my CL-S...you wouldn't make your stupid little comments. I noticed when Scalbert backed up what i said and schooled you, you haven't said anything else. And I don't see how your car with the same weight distribution is gonna outhandle mine?
Old 03-10-2003, 04:22 PM
Safety Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
They are essentially the same... there isn't too much new technology in the engine department with the AV6 as its NOT an i-VTEC motor, unlike the 4-cylinder versions. Couple nice things about the Accord are dual-climate control. However, a AV6 with Nav and 17" wheels and all the trimmings is more tha $25K. The CL-S 6spd with equal trimmings is $30K, so the difference isn't much. Remember that you CAN'T put headers on the AV6!! Also, it doesn't have seat memory, OnStar etc. There are some luxury touches on the CL-S that that Accord doesn't have... albeit minoR
Old 03-10-2003, 04:34 PM
Banned

Originally posted by allmotor_2000
They are essentially the same... there isn't too much new technology in the engine department with the AV6 as its NOT an i-VTEC motor, unlike the 4-cylinder versions. Couple nice things about the Accord are dual-climate control. However, a AV6 with Nav and 17" wheels and all the trimmings is more tha $25K. The CL-S 6spd with equal trimmings is $30K, so the difference isn't much. Remember that you CAN'T put headers on the AV6!! Also, it doesn't have seat memory, OnStar etc. There are some luxury touches on the CL-S that that Accord doesn't have... albeit minoR
the new accord, while being a technological tour de force, also has some break throughs in safety! Its got front and rear side head curtain air bags, a feature which isn't available in the cls!
Old 03-10-2003, 04:35 PM
Safety Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I didn't know it has head curtain air-bags... that's always a good thing!!

Nice point.
Old 03-10-2003, 08:07 PM
BOOOOOOsted

Originally posted by Loseit
I can't believe that someone is arguing about the exclusivity of a Honda Accord. Someone has to be on crack to pay 40k for an accord!! That is BMW territory. Are you telling me you can compare the two cars? Exclusivity? What happens a year from now when prices come down to normal!! hahahahah. Your 40K went down the tubes when your car is only worth 20K. Rich people don't get rich by making stupid decisions like that.

I agree 100%

It is comparing apples to oranges. But, no matter what you pay for a Honda it is still a Honda. If you tell some shmoe on the street that you drive an Acura or you drive and Accord...which do you think he is automatically think is nicer? If you compare a CL to a BMW people (excluding us) are going to think the Bimmer is way nicer. I think only a fool would pay 40K for an Accord. An Accord will always be an Accord. I am trying to knock it, it is a great car for what it is and that it is it.

Guess what , Your CL is just a Honda!

I cant believe how some of you guys flame Accords. You shouldnt even be comparing the two! (different class of car)What are you guys so scared of??

Dont worry your CL Type S is definatly a better car and if I had it to do all over again I would definatly start with the CL S because after all is said and done the CL S is faster and much nicer looking.

You guys need to stop bashing and welcome your distant cousins into your family instead of driving us all away !!!
Old 03-10-2003, 08:25 PM
Safety Car

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally posted by tool462

I cant believe how some of you guys flame Accords. You shouldnt even be comparing the two! (different class of car)What are you guys so scared of??

Dont worry your CL Type S is definatly a better car and if I had it to do all over again I would definatly start with the CL S because after all is said and done the CL S is faster and much nicer looking.

You guys need to stop bashing and welcome your distant cousins into your family instead of driving us all away !!!
ah yes...the standardized response, though usually its from torqueaholic

i guess a lexus ls 430 is just a glorified camry?

i do agree that they are two different classes of cars...the cls is in the GOOD class...

j/k j/k jeez you ppl are sensative

the comparisons come naturally, especially to ppl in the upper-middle class who regret they couldnt afford bimmers and have felt remoseful ever since

I for one am glad i didnt get a bimmer :P my H O N D A kicks ass
Old 03-10-2003, 08:30 PM
The Third Ball

Received 4,953 Likes on 2,637 Posts
Originally posted by bkknight369

i guess a lexus ls 430 is just a glorified camry?

Now I may be wrong, but I dont think the ls430 has anything to do with the camry. its the es300 that is the camry twin.

The ls430 might have a chassis that is modified and based on the camry, but i think its its own platform. again i could be wrong and i dont feel like researching it right now:P
Old 03-10-2003, 08:48 PM
Safety Car

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts
thats the point...drawing attention to one comparison to show how dum the other is

so :P
Old 03-11-2003, 08:25 AM
Changin bulbs since '73

Received 12 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally posted by tool462

I'm not trying to bash the Accord. But to pay 4oKfor 'exclusivity'. i don't think so. Neither cars are going to me worth sqaut in 10 years from now. The 2001 Cl's can be found for 19k. I was just stating that even if you pay 40k for a honda accord everyone is still going to say its a honda. An "acura" will carry a little more "luxury" status and so on and son.

I just looked at my post it says "i am trying to knock it" what i meant to say is "i am not trying to knock it"!!!
Old 03-11-2003, 10:05 AM
A-CL Driver

Originally posted by sarlacc23
were arent talking about an exotic sports car here, the resale will actually get worse but nice try.

As for the power both 6spds are in same ballpark.
I would have to say w/out the LSD the performance would be greatly reduced. Love that LSD
Old 03-11-2003, 10:39 AM
MP Video Extraordinaire

If you like to mod, get the Accord. CL-S is a little harder to come by mods for. CL-S will have slightly higher insurance.
Old 03-11-2003, 01:54 PM
Banned

Ummm...everything that is currently on the 98-02 Accord has a version or is able to be used by the CL/TL line. The 03 Accord on the other hand doesn't have that aftermarket support yet.