Choice between the CLs 6-speep or accord 6speed

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2003, 02:46 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by sarlacc23
He is talking about the 6spds and you know it. There are legends all over the place but the 6spd legends are pretty exclusive.

As for a reply to your power comment, stock for stock they are in the same ballpark deny it all you want.

quit being a schmuck for schmucks sake.
You are a schmuck who thinks it will be rare. They are offering the 6spd in the first year of production. Is it going to stop being made or something?
Stock for stock...the CLS 6spd will own the AV6 6spd.
Old 03-07-2003, 02:48 PM
Banned

Originally posted by torqueaholic
RICH people buy stuff all the time like that without giving it a second thought! Its not such a foolish buy! It'll hold its value! I can buy it right now for 40K, and sell it on ebay for like 35K in a few months, now hows that for holding your value? try doing that with your CLS6!
40K for an accord...no rich person would buy an accord and pay that much. Period.
Old 03-07-2003, 02:51 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 15 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally posted by joeandcarol2
Those rumors are just BS. The 6 speed i ordered is being manufactured this week.
Originally posted by Loseit
i just went to dealer. For what ever it's worth, hey said last build dates will probably be June or July.
Thanks for clearing that up. That's why I'm hesitant to believe anything I read on the internet

Buy the CLS 6psd. With the markdown on the CLS and the markup on the Accord 6spd, you'll probably end up spending less on a CLS (as compared to a comparably equipted Accord).
Old 03-07-2003, 02:54 PM
I now drive an accord....

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
The accord may seem rare to some people now, but in two years everyone and there mother will have one. And the market will be flooded with them
Old 03-07-2003, 02:55 PM
Banned

Originally posted by moomaster_99
Not even! try the other way around! If both cars lined up stock for stock, my money's actually on the accord! They both have the same ET, but the accord traps higher! they'll both be even by the end of the 1/4, but after that the cls6 will probably get its ass WALKED, due to the accords MUCH lower drag coefficient, and 300 pounds less weight! BOth cars dyno the same bTW!
Old 03-07-2003, 02:57 PM
Banned

Originally posted by spdy0001
The accord may seem rare to some people now, but in two years everyone and there mother will have one. And the market will be flooded with them
The accord 6spd will be as RARE as a ferrari! you won't see one in person this year, my friend!
Old 03-07-2003, 03:02 PM
Instructor

The accord 6spd will be as RARE as a ferrari! you won't see one in person this year, my friend!
That is absolutelly not true. I am getting calles from Honda dealers lately, and all of them have the 6-speed in stock now, and it sounds like they are pretty despareate to sell them. This one dealer, is calling me every single day trying to get me to come in and look at he accord 6-speed. I don't think they are as popular as people originally thought they were gonna be.
Old 03-07-2003, 03:03 PM
The Third Ball

Received 5,022 Likes on 2,670 Posts
RICH people buy stuff all the time like that without giving it a second thought! Its not such a foolish buy! It'll hold its value! I can buy it right now for 40K, and sell it on ebay for like 35K in a few months, now hows that for holding your value? try doing that with your CLS6!
torque: I love the new accord as much you do, well only the 6spd version. But you are starting to talk silly. 40K is too much for an accord. the 2g markups they have on them out here in la for the navi editions is too much. And I could buy a 6spd out here for sticker if i wanted to (i almost did twice.) The value on that car wont hold that high and you dont buy a car based on resale. Trust me on this I used to sell hondas.

And be careful about dissing the CLS6 (specially in a CL forum) its a great car too. And the 6spd will more the likely hold its value better then the autos, but that has yet to be seen. Some people in this forum are too touchy or just looking to argue with people and the slightest comment starts a flame war. Dont get caught up in that. We all know you love your accord, and some of us like them too, and others dont but at least respect it and realize thats where CL originated from. And there are haters, fuck em.

But dude, you push the accord too much on a CL forum. Accord this accord that, chill out with it a little bit. Everyones got an opinion bro, i respect it but you gotta understand people on a forum that isnt meant for accords will straight up dis that car. ignore them and move on.
Old 03-07-2003, 03:06 PM
Banned

Originally posted by FPAEP
That is absolutelly not true. I am getting calles from Honda dealers lately, and all of them have the 6-speed in stock now, and it sounds like they are pretty despareate to sell them. This one dealer, is calling me every single day trying to get me to come in and look at he accord 6-speed. I don't think they are as popular as people originally thought they were gonna be.
Wake up! why would they be desprate to sell them, when they can charge 40K+ for them? they are just making calls to everyone to see who will take the 20K ass reaming! they can hold it till the end of the year, because thats the only one they are getting this year anyways! why don't you go to him, and tell him you are only willing to pay MSRP, and watch him laugh his ass off, and run away from you!
Old 03-07-2003, 03:08 PM
The Third Ball

You are a schmuck who thinks it will be rare. They are offering the 6spd in the first year of production. Is it going to stop being made or something?
Never did I say that it would be rare. but right now due to limited availablity it is exclusive. That can change in a year if hondas chooses to up production on them.

I never what car will car will own the, but i think power in either is close enough that it will be determined by the driver of either car.

So get a clue, get a life, quit causing trouble cause a bitter soul and get those hairy balls off yo chin :pfawk: i have nothing left to say to you. period.
Old 03-07-2003, 03:10 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 15 Likes on 7 Posts
Yep, I got the dealer call too. To bad for them that I bought a CLS 6spd. It did sound like they were desperate to sell it. I guess that nobody want's to pay more then MSRP on an Accord (even is it is a 6spd accord).
Old 03-07-2003, 03:14 PM
Banned

torque: I love the new accord as much you do, well only the 6spd version. But you are starting to talk silly. 40K is too much for an accord. the 2g markups they have on them out here in la for the navi editions is too much. And I could buy a 6spd out here for sticker if i wanted to (i almost did twice.) The value on that car wont hold that high and you dont buy a car based on resale. Trust me on this I used to sell hondas.

And be careful about dissing the CLS6 (specially in a CL forum) its a great car too. And the 6spd will more the likely hold its value better then the autos, but that has yet to be seen. Some people in this forum are too touchy or just looking to argue with people and the slightest comment starts a flame war. Dont get caught up in that. We all know you love your accord, and some of us like them too, and others dont but at least respect it and realize thats where CL originated from. And there are haters, fuck em.

But dude, you push the accord too much on a CL forum. Accord this accord that, chill out with it a little bit. Everyones got an opinion bro, i respect it but you gotta understand people on a forum that isnt meant for accords will straight up dis that car. ignore them and move on.
40K too much for the accord? try 50K for the new lancer out there in california! some people out there(call them dumb if you will) just care about having whats hot! you know, turning heads and stuff!

as for "dissing the cl on a cl site", dude, check my sig! my family has both cars! I can see the advantages and disadvantages of both! I'm not blinded by the silver acura badge on the car, because I can read in plain english: "HONDA" etched on the window of our TL! both our cars were assembed in the same plant by the same workers! WHO CARES what this kid buys? the profit will still go to honda! It doesn't matter, he'll end up with a 2 door stick accord anyways! wake up from your ACURA dream!

I'm not going to chill out because its hard to read 20, its fugly's in a row without commenting on the delicious irony! Just change the outside of a car, put a different badge on it, and an accord owner will diss another accord owner! Its priceless! great entertainment for me!
Old 03-07-2003, 03:15 PM
The Third Ball

Wake up! why would they be desprate to sell them, when they can charge 40K+ for them? they are just making calls to everyone to see who will take the 20K ass reaming! they can hold it till the end of the year, because thats the only one they are getting this year anyways! why don't you go to him, and tell him you are only willing to pay MSRP, and watch him laugh his ass off, and run away from you!
Acutally, They are desperate to sell them. Hondas monthly car allocation is based on how many of which car they sold the previous month. If they dont sell any 6spds, then they dont get anymore 6spds. And not everyone is in a huge rush to grab one up so if youre patient you can find one no problem.
Old 03-07-2003, 03:18 PM
Banned

Never did I say that it would be rare. but right now due to limited availablity it is exclusive. That can change in a year if hondas chooses to up production on them.

I never what car will car will own the, but i think power in either is close enough that it will be determined by the driver of either car.

So get a clue, get a life, quit causing trouble cause a bitter soul and get those hairy balls off yo chin :pfawk: i have nothing left to say to you. period.
First off...you did say it would be rare due to its 'limited availability'. Manual to manual...always a drivers race, but I think the LSD helps the CLS out. And as for getting a clue..you need one...your the fucknut that called me a schmuck because I didn't agree with you...I think your a lot more bitter than me that you didn't buy a 98-02 Accord instead of your CL.
Old 03-07-2003, 03:20 PM
Banned

Acutally, They are desperate to sell them. Hondas monthly car allocation is based on how many of which car they sold the previous month. If they dont sell any 6spds, then they dont get anymore 6spds. And not everyone is in a huge rush to grab one up so if youre patient you can find one no problem.
last month honda sold 14 NSX's. they'll sell somewhere in the neighbourhood of 14 stick accords this YEAR! big difference. again if you doubt me, go to the honda dealer, and haggle with them over the price of the accord! thats right go bargain for it! they won't take a penny under 40K! and why should they? they are desperate to sell you a HONDA ACCORD!! they have PLENTY of auto v6's there for people like you, who can't stomach the markup! they are just using the stick accord as "BAIT!"

ITs called BAIT, and SWITCH, and its the oldest trick in the book!
Old 03-07-2003, 03:25 PM
The Third Ball

40K too much for the accord? try 50K for the new lancer out there in california! some people out there(call them dumb if you will) just care about having whats hot! you know, turning heads and stuff!

as for "dissing the cl on a cl site", dude, check my sig! my family has both cars! I can see the advantages and disadvantages of both! I'm not blinded by the silver acura badge on the car, because I can read in plain english: "HONDA" etched on the window of our TL! both our cars were assembed in the same plant by the same workers! WHO CARES what this kid buys? the profit will still go to honda! It doesn't matter, he'll end up with a 2 door stick accord anyways! wake up from your ACURA dream!

I'm not going to chill out because its hard to read 20, its fugly's in a row without commenting on the delicious irony! Just change the outside of a car, put a different badge on it, and an accord owner will diss another accord owner! Its priceless! great entertainment for me!
Ok you need to chill the fuck out, i was actually supporting you, I was just saying be careful. If you ever read my posts youd see im not blinded by the acura badge. You did make a comment that dissed the CL in one post and im just saying be careful.

And to clarify, the CLs are not made in teh same factory as the Accord, they made in same factory as the civic. I sold in Ohio, Ive been to the factories, I know the game. So watch who you get pissed at son.

Also, I live in Cali now and is another world completely ,you cant count some dumbass paying 50gs for an evo as something thats going to happen all over the country. lots of ultra rich cali people people dumb things with the tons of money they have.
Old 03-07-2003, 03:27 PM
Banned

Ok you need to chill the fuck out, i was actually supporting you, I was just saying be careful. If you ever read my posts youd see im not blinded by the acura badge. You did make a comment that dissed the CL in one post and im just saying be careful.

And to clarify, the CLs are not made in teh same factory as the Accord, they made in same factory as the civic. I sold in Ohio, Ive been to the factories, I know the game. So watch who you get pissed at son.
my bad!
Old 03-07-2003, 03:28 PM
Banned

oh yeah...back to the subject...now its getting out of hand..
I just say the CLS 6 spd.
Old 03-07-2003, 03:30 PM
Instructor

last month honda sold 14 NSX's. they'll sell somewhere in the neighbourhood of 14 stick accords this YEAR! big difference. again if you doubt me, go to the honda dealer, and haggle with them over the price of the accord! thats right go bargain for it! they won't take a penny under 40K! and why should they? they are desperate to sell you a HONDA ACCORD!! they have PLENTY of auto v6's there for people like you, who can't stomach the markup! they are just using the stick accord as "BAIT!"

Dude, you are wrong. I got a guy called me from Addison Acura (what the dealership name is). He left me about 6 or 7 messages. In his last 3 messages he said that he will sell at MSRP. This is without me even barganing for the car. If anyone in Illinois needs the accord 6speed, it is not a problem right now. Maybe in other areas it is more rare, but I am telling you, these dealers are getting very annoying with their phone calls. I am not exegurating, every single day I get a call about this car. And I don't even want to look at it anymore.
Old 03-07-2003, 03:34 PM
The Third Ball

1) NSX is a low production car with acura knowing it will only sell so many a year. Different ballgame then the mass produced Accord, even the limited available 6psd.

2) I live in LA the king of markup car sales and I almost bought a 6spd accord twice at less then sticker. The only accords holding their mark up is the navi models. If you know how to buy you can avoid paying like chumps.
Old 03-07-2003, 03:38 PM
The Third Ball

First off...you did say it would be rare due to its 'limited availability'. Manual to manual...always a drivers race, but I think the LSD helps the CLS out. And as for getting a clue..you need one...your the fucknut that called me a schmuck because I didn't agree with you...I think your a lot more bitter than me that you didn't buy a 98-02 Accord instead of your CL.
Id like you to find out where I said it was "rare" cause i garauntee i never used those words, someone else did.

LSD only helps out on corners, has nothing to do with straight line racing. read up on your tech stuff.

And I love my first gen CL Im very happy with the choice I made to buy it.

And i called you a schmuck cause youre acting like dick, not cause you have an opinion. I respect people opinions, not their shitty attitudes.
Old 03-07-2003, 03:46 PM
The Third Ball

Dude, you are wrong. I got a guy called me from Addison Acura (what the dealership name is). He left me about 6 or 7 messages. In his last 3 messages he said that he will sell at MSRP. This is without me even barganing for the car. If anyone in Illinois needs the accord 6speed, it is not a problem right now. Maybe in other areas it is more rare, but I am telling you, these dealers are getting very annoying with their phone calls. I am not exegurating, every single day I get a call about this car. And I don't even want to look at it anymore.
The trick to that is to ask them to please stop calling you. Get their names if its different people form the ones you talked to originally when you stopped in. If they dont quit then you go have a nice little sit down with GM. A lot of times the GMs will want to try and right things and you never know you make may walk away with a steal of a deal! The GM can do whatever he wants in terms of a sale, he runs the place, and in a lot of cases the GM is also the owner. But do this only if they dont stop calling when you ask them too.

The other trick is when you are just looking at cars with no intention of buying right away, never give them your info no matter how hard they push.
Old 03-07-2003, 03:46 PM
Race Director

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Re: Choice between the CLs 6-speep or accord 6speed

Originally posted by joeandcarol2
That price would include destination. Taxes and tags depend on what state you live in but are not that much money
I wouldn't say that, taxes on my new CL are about $2600+ bucks. Taxes SUCK!

Its quite obvious what i'd choose in the Accord vs CL debate however the Accord is still something to consider. Your gonna see alot of Accords on the road but most (at least around me) are I4 sedans and coupes.

Goodluck with the purchase!
Old 03-07-2003, 03:51 PM
Banned

LSD only helps out on corners, has nothing to do with straight line racing. read up on your tech stuff.

LSD not only helps out in the corners, it helps in the launch of a car. You need to read up on your tech stuff. Most Hondas have an open differential which means that one wheel is getting more power than the other. Under hard launching, this will create the torque steer/pulling to one side that is prevalent among FWD cars. The LSD senses the slip in one wheel and transfer part of the power to the other wheel to help even it out, thus helping power to get to the ground. Hmmmm....someone better learn more about cars before they speak.
Old 03-07-2003, 03:56 PM
The Third Ball

LSD not only helps out in the corners, it helps in the launch of a car. You need to read up on your tech stuff. Most Hondas have an open differential which means that one wheel is getting more power than the other. Under hard launching, this will create the torque steer/pulling to one side that is prevalent among FWD cars. The LSD senses the slip in one wheel and transfer part of the power to the other wheel to help even it out, thus helping power to get to the ground. Hmmmm....someone better learn more about cars before they speak.
:pfawk: Either way you can still lick my ass :pfawk:
Old 03-07-2003, 03:57 PM
Banned

He is talking about the 6spds and you know it. There are legends all over the place but the 6spd legends are pretty exclusive.

Not directly said, but strongly implied the Accord V6 will be rare.
Old 03-07-2003, 04:00 PM
The Third Ball

Not directly said, but strongly implied the Accord V6 will be rare.
Exclusive and rare have two different meanings. I may need to brush up on my tech stuff, but you to catch up on modern english. That or stop pretending be part of the psychic friends network and misreading into what i say.
Old 03-07-2003, 04:03 PM
Banned

Old 03-07-2003, 04:10 PM
Banned

Now you need to CHILL out!
Old 03-07-2003, 04:13 PM
Banned

either way it doesn't matter!! LSD, just helps the CLS6 launch cleaner, this way it keeps up with the accord 6spd! After the 1/4, the accord will WALK!!! here's why:

1. accord has a coefficient of drag of .29, the cls6 .32

2. both cars a putting down the same amount of power to the ground, however, the accord weighs in at almost 300lbs less!
Old 03-07-2003, 04:20 PM
CLS 6MT Navi

Received 27 Likes on 23 Posts
Not worth getting heated up over, Honda makes great cars whether they badge them Acura or Honda. both cars are really great. I drove the Accord 6 speed and it was an awesome car. I loved the speed and the shifter. It's very well engineered.
Then I redrove the CL-S 6 speed and bought one (used) last week.
The Accord was $27k+ttl I think. I think it's more price hype than not. If the Accord was under $25k or less then it might be harder to get. But at the price it is, there are too many other cars close to it with more features.

I paid about $27k total for my used CLS 6 speed. I like the HID lights too, heated seats, interior, and other extras. I'm not sure what all you give up with the Accord. I did notice that the body skin was thinner on the Accords, don't like that.

Really depends on you, drive both and take some time. I've seen 2 used 03 CLs for sale already this month. The longer you wait, the cheaper they will both get. I wouldn't get caught up in the hype. It's a marketing trick.
But it's the fastest Accord ever made IMO, reminded me of the Prelude somewhat. The Legend (87-95) was the first Honda product with a 6 cylinder and manual shift 4-passenger car. Then a 8 year dry spell til the 03 CL-S 6 speed came out. Now the Accord has it too! The next Acura coupe will have to move further up away from the Accord which is very close to it now. Good luck.
Old 03-07-2003, 06:03 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 1,667 Likes on 931 Posts
If Honda does manufacture a 2004 (3G) CL, it could render this whole argument moot.
Old 03-07-2003, 06:22 PM
Banned

either way it doesn't matter!! LSD, just helps the CLS6 launch cleaner, this way it keeps up with the accord 6spd! After the 1/4, the accord will WALK!!! here's why:

1. accord has a coefficient of drag of .29, the cls6 .32

2. both cars a putting down the same amount of power to the ground, however, the accord weighs in at almost 300lbs less!
The Accord doesn't have the high end to pull on the CLS6. Top speed is determined by hp, gearing, and coefficient of drag.
1. That coefficient of drag does not come into play until you start hitting speeds of 100mph+. You act like the CLS6 is a brick.
2. Did Honda make a new 6spd transmission?? Because the CLS6 is dynoing at 217-220whp. Does this mean that the Accord is experiencing only a 10% drivetrain loss?? If so, I am amazed. Yes, the Accord (3265) weighs about 150lbs. less. ( I weighted my auto with navi at 3425...the manual is lighter than the auto.)The CL makes peak torque of (crank)232lbs. from 3500-4500 v. the Accord's 212 lbs. at 5000. More torque at lower rpms and more horsepower easily offsets the 150lb. weight difference.
Old 03-07-2003, 06:46 PM
Banned

The Accord doesn't have the high end to pull on the CLS6. Top speed is determined by hp, gearing, and coefficient of drag.
1. That coefficient of drag does not come into play until you start hitting speeds of 100mph+. You act like the CLS6 is a brick.
2. Did Honda make a new 6spd transmission?? Because the CLS6 is dynoing at 217-220whp. Does this mean that the Accord is experiencing only a 10% drivetrain loss?? If so, I am amazed. Yes, the Accord (3265) weighs about 150lbs. less. ( I weighted my auto with navi at 3425...the manual is lighter than the auto.)The CL makes peak torque of (crank)232lbs. from 3500-4500 v. the Accord's 212 lbs. at 5000. More torque at lower rpms and more horsepower easily offsets the 150lb. weight difference.
Whatever makes you sleep well tonight! I mean if you were at the same stoplight as me in your auto cls, you'd probably think that you'd have no trouble "smoking" my auto v6 accord coupe huh? cool! this makes my car the hardcore SLEEPER that it is!

1. the 1/4mile ends for both cars at about 100mph, so the .3 drag coefficient difference will aid the accord! PLUS THE accord is trapping higher if I'm not mistaken!

2. the honda auto accord dynod at 195whp, and 174wtQ, which is exactly what your auto cls puts down!, so either your engine, is overrated, mine is underrated, or my engine puts out 260hp with premium!

3. your math is flawed! its more than 150lbs weight difference! you have to compare the 6spd accord to the 6spd cls, not 6spd accord to auto cls! I just visited both manufaturers site, and the honda is 3,265lbs, while the cls6 is 3,446lbs! a 180lbs difference! and YES That matters! I don't think that 20hp is enough to overcome the 180lbs weight difference! your more torque at lower rpms+limited slip differential wasn't enough to put the accord(david) away through out the 1/4mile, so what makes you think it'll help you after 100mph?

P/S: Godforbid you should try to bring that chubby ass into the twisties! you'll need a lot more than that HLSD, to save your ass from an OWNAGE! :pfawk:
Old 03-07-2003, 11:17 PM
Suzuka Master

1. the 1/4mile ends for both cars at about 100mph, so the .3 drag coefficient difference will aid the accord! PLUS THE accord is trapping higher if I'm not mistaken!

2. the honda auto accord dynod at 195whp, and 174wtQ, which is exactly what your auto cls puts down!, so either your engine, is overrated, mine is underrated, or my engine puts out 260hp with premium!

3. your math is flawed! its more than 150lbs weight difference! you have to compare the 6spd accord to the 6spd cls, not 6spd accord to auto cls! I just visited both manufaturers site, and the honda is 3,265lbs, while the cls6 is 3,446lbs! a 180lbs difference! and YES That matters! I don't think that 20hp is enough to overcome the 180lbs weight difference! your more torque at lower rpms+limited slip differential wasn't enough to put the accord(david) away through out the 1/4mile, so what makes you think it'll help you after 100mph?

P/S: Godforbid you should try to bring that chubby ass into the twisties! you'll need a lot more than that HLSD, to save your ass from an OWNAGE! :pfawk:
I have read many statements by you which all seem to be negative towards the CL so why persist?? But to engage in this drivel...

1. CD does make a difference but as mentioned, only at higher speeds. In the 1320 run it makes a little difference but marginal. No I am not aware of the Accord trapping higher. But when I go to the track and see it I will be glad for Honda.

2. You mention a stock Accord V6 dyno running 195HP. Well I have a dyno of a stock CL-S with a broken IMRC putting down nearly the same, so what... Would you like to see the plot?? Imagine what it would have been with the extra 10 - 15 lb/ft.

3. 20HP and 20 lb/ft do not overcome 180 lb deficit?? Please rethink your comments. This is the epitome of overcoming a deficit on paper. Does it happen in real life, maybe not, but I could care less. I am merely commenting on the statements made above. If you make 9% more torque at a lower RPM and make 8% more power at a higher RPM but weigh in at only 6% more the numbers are in the CL-S favor. If gearing is equal the CL-S has the hand in this department. All you need to do is draw the curve.

The comment about the HLSD obviously comes from ignorance on the benefits.
Old 03-08-2003, 07:36 AM
Do it! U Only Live Once!

Re: Choice between the CLs 6-speep or accord 6speed

hey guys, I can't make up my mind on which car to get. CL is defenetelly a much better car. But with all the talk about it not being made any more is making a little weiry. What do you think? If I have a choice between Accord for 25,000 or CL for 29000, which is a better deal in the long run?
You need to drive both twice, then make the decision.
Old 03-08-2003, 11:29 AM
Insurance Commish

Is there a new V6 Coupe other than the EXV6? Why would this be a rare vehicle? When I purchased my EXV6 Sedan, the dealer in Beaverton, OR had three Coupes. I would have purchased the 2Dr had it not been for the door handles (the same as every old Honda). I purchased the CL, 2/25/03, (in spite of the door handles) as the price was $26,300. (Not Type-s). Both vehicles are great; however, my wife and I fight over who gets to drive the Accord.
Old 03-08-2003, 11:49 AM
Changin bulbs since '73

Received 12 Likes on 4 Posts
I can't believe that someone is arguing about the exclusivity of a Honda Accord. Someone has to be on crack to pay 40k for an accord!! That is BMW territory. Are you telling me you can compare the two cars? Exclusivity? What happens a year from now when prices come down to normal!! hahahahah. Your 40K went down the tubes when your car is only worth 20K. Rich people don't get rich by making stupid decisions like that.

The present CL6speed is pretty rare. It may not seem like it is on this board but it is. Does that make it more expensive? Does it hold it's value any better? I don't think so. I can get one for the same price I got my auto. There is your exclusivity right there. Don't look at these cars from an investment standpoint. You will never see that money again.

whomever started this thread....drive both and see what you like. I think you can get a better deal on a CL6speed and you will be happier. But, that is my opinion. You are talking about two different generation of cars. It is comparing apples to oranges. But, no matter what you pay for a Honda it is still a Honda. If you tell some shmoe on the street that you drive an Acura or you drive and Accord...which do you think he is automatically think is nicer? If you compare a CL to a BMW people (excluding us) are going to think the Bimmer is way nicer. I think only a fool would pay 40K for an Accord. An Accord will always be an Accord. I am trying to knock it, it is a great car for what it is and that it is it.

Z's could still be justified because it is a true blue sports car and soemthing that is radically different. My cousin got one within a month of them coming out and he paid sticker. Now i see dealerships with 2-4 of them sitting on the lot. You think that guy that paid 50K for a Z is ever going to see that money?
Old 03-08-2003, 11:28 PM
2nd Gear

I chose '03 CLs over '03 V6 Accord Coupe

I chose '03 CLs (auto) over '03 V6 Accord Coupe (auto) based on
exterior styling. The Accord almost looked like a hatch-back to me. My Mom said to me about the Accord Coupe, "You could get use to the looks of it." I could have but for only a difference of three
thousand, I chose the better looking CLs.

'03 CLs, auto, Silver, stock.
DOD = 02/14/03
DOManuf = 02/03/03

Total vehicle cost = $29,128.
Price included; rear spoiler, wheel locks, trunk tray,
all season mats, splash guards (primed & painted)!
AND weekly car washes for life!

Previous transporter = Bros '94 Honda Passport EX.
Old 03-09-2003, 08:33 AM
Disproportionate Member

Wow, lots of strong opinions here.

Pros for CLS:
  • I would think you could get a non-Type S CLS 6-speed for very close to, if not less than, the price of a 6-speed Accord.
  • The Accord isn't as nice looking as the Type-S.
  • In Type-S incarnation, the CLS has more power and torque on paper.
  • You will ultimately see a lot fewer CLS's on the road than a car which has consistently been in the top-5 for most vehicle sales for many, many years

Pros for Accord
  • The Accord has a newer chassis design, so I would think that Honda learned something between the Accord and when they did the chassis for the CL-S.
  • JHonda dealers, while arrogant jerks, are not quite as arrogant and jerky as Acura dealers (I've yet to read one Acura owner say something good about their dealer).
  • Nav system in Accord is pretty cool; I haven't heard lots of praise for the CLS Nav system
  • Driving an Accord, people won't be gunning to race you. If they do race you and you lose, you can say: "Yeah, but hey.. I have a family car, not a race car." If you're driving and Acura and you lose to an Accord, that Accord driver will look at you and say: "Haha I just beat you in my 'less-exclusive' family car!"

Quick Reply: Choice between the CLs 6-speep or accord 6speed