Chicagoland CL drivers beware

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2002, 08:14 AM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Chicagoland CL drivers beware

I'm driving to my gym at around 5:30 a.m to get a quick work out in before going to work. I'm going east on St Charles rd. by Rte. 53 when this piece of s%#t 1980 something Buick LaSabre starts weaving all over the road in front of me, than jams on his brakes. We get to the next stop light he cuts in front of me so I can't make a right turn. Light turns green, he just sits there. I honk my horn, he just sits there. I pick up my cell, as if I'm calling the cops he then decides to go. I figure "well I've got my phone in hand why not use it!?" So I call the Lombard police, give them a description of the vehicle and the easy to remember license plate.

I don't know what this guys major malfunction is, but you know no one needs that kind of craziness on the road. I have no idea what I might have done to slight him other than he's just one sorry a$$hole who leads a misrable life and needs to spread his misery to others. Or maybe he just hates Acura CL's. Anyways just want to give you all a heads up on this clown and to vent a little.

The car is a 1988-89 brown Buick LeSabre, lots of rust probable hole in the muffler. If you want the plate id let me know, I send you a personal e-mail. I'm afraid if I post his plate the a$$hole will sue me for defamation of character.
Old 04-23-2002, 08:16 AM
STi

Thanks for the warning man..
Old 04-23-2002, 09:23 AM
Drifting

Some people have some serious issues on the road. This guy last night decided to go half the posted speed limit, on a one lane road.
Old 04-23-2002, 12:11 PM
Advanced

There are people like that every in atlanta. I had to call teh police on some one yesterday while ridding in the CL. I get it all the time in my Accord it seems that the more that your car is modded to more people like to mess wit ya. The lady I called to police on sis not have road rage but just cold not drive at all. I was trying to change lanes On I-20 to get off and she kept trying to mach speed with me, I had my signal light on and it was medium traffic. I finally just gun it and leave her. As I am getting off the interstate she crosses two lanes and almost side swipes me and makes a big truck lock up it's breaks and almost lose control. Then she is driving abour 60mph in a parking lot a few min later I called to police and she kept intentionally trying to hit me or force me in a a accident.
Old 04-23-2002, 12:14 PM
'Cooter

sounds like the same guy Ernie, Mike, and i ran into out here...o man, what a loonie!!!
Old 04-23-2002, 12:15 PM
D73
Curiosity Killed The CL-S

A lot of insane mofos out there. Be careful and drive safe y'all...
Old 04-23-2002, 10:14 PM
Fuct in the hed!

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Just shoot him!!!!!
Old 04-23-2002, 11:22 PM
Old timer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by Scooter
sounds like the same guy Ernie, Mike, and i ran into out here...o man, what a loonie!!!
I remember that story!!!

Man stuff like this makes me want to pack.
Old 04-23-2002, 11:33 PM
War Eagle!!!

man what I can't stand is all the ricer-wannabes that think just because you drive an import, that it's riced-out; that you have HIDs, that they're 'euro lamps'; that you have tint or rims, you want to race; that you have factory duals, you want to race; because your windows are down and your music is up, you want to race. It fuckin' pisses me off...especially when I've got a lady in the car, some fool is revving his engine and staring at me in his little saturn coffee-cup exhaust piece of shit...ugggh!!!

all better now...
Old 04-24-2002, 07:42 PM
Race Director

Wow, can you image all the calls from all those cellphones from people who have an apparent "emergency" from people who have a "problem" with others on the road?

We get complaints from law enforcement agencies all the time about this (being that's it so easy to call), it's just way too easy from someone to use that cellphone to jam up the line with an "emergency". My brother is a firefighter/EMS and he says people call for the most ridiculous things.

Why would you dial 911 unless you needed law enforcement right away, right now, in order to save a life? Times have changed.....

This kinda pissed me off because years ago I got a letter in the mail from the Minnesota State Patrol saying someone called in a complaint from the road. "He was driving fast and he passed me in the right lane [probably because I was driving slooooow in the left lane] and he exited the freeway at high speeds and didn't even slow down" said the complaintant.

I threw the letter in the garbage can.
Old 04-24-2002, 08:49 PM
go like hell

Don't feel bad I get a lot of these "American trucks better" guys always harassing me and dad with our Tundra. The other guys(Chevy,Dodge, and Ford owners) will like park REAL close to us. and like cut us off if we're on the highway. I guess the American Truck guys can't handle the Import guys build a better truck. It was funny once this guy kept on messing with dad (He was in a F-150) he'd slow down and cut off dad then he flipped us off going past yelling"don't buy jap crap". Then I did a Fast and Furious(i was in the passanger seat) I look over at dad and said "smoke him" I hear all 8 cylinders light up,32 valves are screaming. then I hear that Ford 4.6 light up. by the time that guy knew what him him we we're around him. I looked over at him as we toasted him and said Jap crap this b!tch"
Old 04-24-2002, 10:44 PM
War Eagle!!!

Originally posted by Water-S
Don't feel bad I get a lot of these "American trucks better" guys always harassing me and dad with our Tundra. The other guys(Chevy,Dodge, and Ford owners) will like park REAL close to us. and like cut us off if we're on the highway. I guess the American Truck guys can't handle the Import guys build a better truck. It was funny once this guy kept on messing with dad (He was in a F-150) he'd slow down and cut off dad then he flipped us off going past yelling"don't buy jap crap". Then I did a Fast and Furious(i was in the passanger seat) I look over at dad and said "smoke him" I hear all 8 cylinders light up,32 valves are screaming. then I hear that Ford 4.6 light up. by the time that guy knew what him him we we're around him. I looked over at him as we toasted him and said Jap crap this b!tch"
You know it's so funny to hear about all the individuals with domestic cars and trucks that have the insecurity about imports. It's like "Oh no, the japanese make an equivelant car if not better than ours". What's funny is that if you break it down, it's still just steel, aluminum, plastic, rubber, leather and glass powered by the same fuel. Kinda like ethnicity, we all bleed red don't we?
Old 04-25-2002, 01:20 AM
on bin laden

dude i stayed in lombard this past weekend.
Old 04-25-2002, 07:16 AM
Instructor

Originally posted by kensteele
Wow, can you image all the calls from all those cellphones from people who have an apparent "emergency" from people who have a "problem" with others on the road?

We get complaints from law enforcement agencies all the time about this (being that's it so easy to call), it's just way too easy from someone to use that cellphone to jam up the line with an "emergency". My brother is a firefighter/EMS and he says people call for the most ridiculous things.

Why would you dial 911 unless you needed law enforcement right away, right now, in order to save a life? Times have changed.....

This kinda pissed me off because years ago I got a letter in the mail from the Minnesota State Patrol saying someone called in a complaint from the road. "He was driving fast and he passed me in the right lane [probably because I was driving slooooow in the left lane] and he exited the freeway at high speeds and didn't even slow down" said the complaintant.

I threw the letter in the garbage can.
Just for the record I used the non-emergency number. My sister is a police dispatcher, so I've been "breifed" on when to use the emergency number to call the police. The a-hole I've descibed was definately not looking to race, he was trying to provoke an aggresive reaction. I choose not to take the bait, but who knows what happens to the next person who "provokes" this psycho.
Old 04-25-2002, 09:29 AM
Old timer

Originally posted by momentum3.2

You know it's so funny to hear about all the individuals with domestic cars and trucks that have the insecurity about imports. It's like "Oh no, the japanese make an equivelant car if not better than ours". What's funny is that if you break it down, it's still just steel, aluminum, plastic, rubber, leather and glass powered by the same fuel. Kinda like ethnicity, we all bleed red don't we?
Yet there's still racism.