View Poll Results: Would you be interested in purchasing the following
Yes, I will order a set of Aluminum Door sills
57.58%
I may buy a set after their available.
36.67%
Not Interested.
5.76%
Voters: 330. You may not vote on this poll

aluminum sills/trim groupbuy (ends July 11)...

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2002, 02:37 PM
nItIn

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by IWuvMyCL-S
PS. I'm hoping these sills will increase my hp by at least 5 at the wheel.
only if you get em for both doors, I hear that only one door would dangerously tilt the car
Old 04-18-2002, 03:28 PM
Silver Bullet

Originally posted by nabster

only if you get em for both doors, I hear that only one door would dangerously tilt the car
I hear the Type S Sills increase HP by 8hp .
Old 04-18-2002, 03:58 PM
nItIn

Originally posted by madmax-cl

I hear the Type S Sills increase HP by 8hp .
lol alrighty then, my cl-p could use a lil more hp .. maybe i should get the type S badge too. that should add atleast a couple more
:p
Old 04-18-2002, 05:41 PM
Banned

YOU GUYS ARE IDIOTS!!!

It increases HP by at least 30, similar results for torque...5 HP geez...can't believe I even bothered with people like you

Oh and in NOVAWhite's defense...uhmm...I wish you guys would do that...it does get frustrating answering the same 5 questions 50 times...so I do appreciate his concern. What about the rest of you?

Austin519
Old 04-18-2002, 06:49 PM
Casual Observer

Besides, if all the duplicate questions and answers were taken out, it would only be around 8 pages.

Old 04-18-2002, 07:40 PM
Banned

dhlesq:
That's true...and 22 pages is hella more impressive than 8 .

Anyone know if there ever was a post this long aside from like...the admin stickies or anything? Soopa? I'd be interested to know

Austin519
Old 04-18-2002, 08:30 PM
Banned

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Can we Do a FAQ or Info about, put er on the 1st Post, or Tell Chod to put it in his FAQ PAGE

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Oh and in NOVAWhite's defense...uhmm...I wish you guys would do that...it does get frustrating answering the same 5 questions 50 times...so I do appreciate his concern. What about the rest of you?"

Austin519
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Old 04-18-2002, 08:47 PM
Banned

Okay...I wouldn't have said a word...but I just read Tim's post about "special thanks to Austin".

That just makes me sick ...that was the last straw. He's giving me special thanks after banning me from his site for 1) arguing about his treatment and takeover of the groupbuy and its prices and 2) starting a CL groupbuy with you guys. The only reason he said special thanks is most likely because half of the TL guys over there don't even know I was banned...or am no longer a part of the TL groupbuy over there.

I'm glad to see my posting the prices at cost has made him have to post his prices at cost...that's what I argued for and wanted in the first place, and had he done that I would have had zero problem with him. But realize I've forced him to do that by posting the prices at cost...otherwise he'd look bad and/or not get any sales; this is exactly what I was hoping would happen. Even so, I think you guys should hear the story instead of some crap about "special thanks to" :shakehd:. So take a quick read of the TXT file I attached.

Let me also quote another post I made on another site:
"I should do that [keep Tim from using Daverman and my designs]...or at least if the roles were reversed and I was Tim...I/he would probably do that. But I'm me, and so no I'm not going to do that. He's selling the stuff at the same price I am...so he's not making a profit. I will confirm this with the manufacturer to be certain. My original objective, which is still my same objective, is not to fuck Tim...it's to fulfill my promise to the groupbuyers counting on me...which is to get them their shit as fast as I can at the lowest price I can. If Tim's selling his stuff at cost...great...I consider that a victory, it's what I wanted and what I fought for to begin with. So he's conceded, which tells me he knows that if he tried to sell at above cost people wouldn't buy from him. That tells me a lot of what he thinks about himself, and what he thinks OTHERS think about him. So there's no need to try to make it personal and fuck him over. Like I said...that's never what I wanted anyway."

It's just up to the groupbuyers to decide who they want to buy from . Though I will be getting them first .

Do me a favor though...don't post anything about it here. It's politics...not a groupbuy...and so replies or comments or opinions on this txt file I have attached don't belong on here. If you want to talk to me about it feel free to email me at Austin519@aol.com or AIM Austin519, or PM me here. Hell even talk to Crazy Acura about his getting banned, or rominl about his temporary account suspension. But not here. I will ask soopa to delete any posts relating to that after this one. This is just a little FYI. Make sure to read my delineation between my feelings about the groupbuy, and for him and his business. I almost wish I had posted this earlier...actually I did...but Tim got upset and told soopa to get me to remove it, which I did out of respect for soopa. But this charade has gone too far.

Austin519
Old 04-19-2002, 12:07 AM
... and my CL-S wuvs me

Originally posted by Austin519
It's politics...not a groupbuy...and so replies or comments or opinions on this txt file I have attached don't belong on here.
As you requested, I'm not going to post anything about the txt file.
But I do have one question -- I know about the Aluminum door sills from this thread, but what's the deal with the trim kit/shift plate?

(If you don't want to post anything here about the trim kit/shift plate then please PM me. Thanks.)
Old 04-19-2002, 01:12 AM
D73
Curiosity Killed The CL-S

Same here. I'm interested in the trim kit/shift plate too. And for the record, the sills look BAAAAD!!
Old 04-19-2002, 01:51 AM
Banned

IWuvMyCL-S:
No I'm still selling the TL trim kits...though you have a CLS and soopa told me you already have aluminum trim kits available...thus I didn't pursue the CL aluminum trim stuff...but if I had 10 buyers they'd do it. As for the shift plate...again...it's just for the TL...for the same reason...but we could do it.

D73:
Thanks

I appreciate you guys not commenting...it's just food for thought...

Austin519
Old 04-19-2002, 08:03 AM
Banned

Trim / Shift Plate

I'm in
Old 04-19-2002, 08:05 AM
I LOVE MY CAR

Austin... I would love a new shifter plate... any pics of the one for the TL??

Thanks for all your work ......
Old 04-19-2002, 10:17 AM
Banned

Dom418:
Not yet...the prototypers all get their prototypes this upcoming week...so the shift plate will be part of the trim kit. I will have pictures up immediately

Austin519
Old 04-19-2002, 10:21 AM
Banned

caddy36:
Your mailbox is full dude...here's my reply to your PM...

Hey saw your IM after you had gotten off. Ok...to explain...this was originally for TLers...trim kit, and sills. Then some said they only wanted the shift plate...and that can be done. So then I was told that the CLers were interested in the sills...so I brought it over here. However, I was told by soopa you guys already had a manufacturer who had aluminum trim kits for you guys...so I didn't bother doing CL trim. If this isn't the case I can do it...but I suggest you ask soopa first b/c I don't know.

The only thinkg I have available for CLers right now are the sills. No pics till the prototypes come in next week. But they'll go up as soon as I get em. Take care.

Austin519
Old 04-19-2002, 10:23 AM
phuck your CL race my F4

HEY AUSTIN, I KNOW ATLCL GOT MEASURED, ANY WORD ON THE 1ST GEN SILLS. THANKS
Old 04-19-2002, 10:27 AM
Banned

NYKEEROCKA:
Did he? Ok...I'm leaving a message on the manufacturer's machine as I type...I'll let you know as soon as he calls me back.

Austin519
Old 04-19-2002, 10:33 AM
phuck your CL race my F4

THANKS, HE DID IT LAST SATURDAY....... Atl cl... i think he is on right now, the forum...
Old 04-19-2002, 11:22 AM
... and my CL-S wuvs me

However, I was told by soopa you guys already had a manufacturer who had aluminum trim kits for you guys...so I didn't bother doing CL trim. If this isn't the case I can do it...but I
Can you give us some details on what is the "shift plate"? For some reason I'm not picturing where it goes or what it looks like....

Soopa: Do we have an aluminum trim kit source already for the CL?
Old 04-19-2002, 12:10 PM
D73

You know, I think it would be cool if we could get sills, shift plate, pedals as well as all that bowling ball fake wood interior done up the same. Someone on this board (sorry can't remember who) had redone his interior with some burnished silvery look. Looked nice. Would be even more rad if he had the sills and pedals in the same design.
Old 04-19-2002, 01:14 PM
Banned

To my understanding its exactly like the PLASTIC one we now have on the Shifter, except this one will be Brushed Aluminum.

Correct me if I'm wrong. Anyone Done one of these up--have a Picuture of a REAL ONE ?

Originally posted by IWuvMyCL-S

Can you give us some details on what is the "shift plate"? For some reason I'm not picturing where it goes or what it looks like....

Soopa: Do we have an aluminum trim kit source already for the CL?
Old 04-20-2002, 12:19 AM
Banned

See I'm totally confused guys...Soopa told me that you already had a person that made aluminum trim for you...so I didn't pursue it. But if that's not true...I would be more than happy to set that up too.

Also...yeah, the shift plate covers the stock one...it's aluminum...but it's not a replacement piece. It goes on over it.

Austin519
p.s. - Did anyone notice this thread has 10500 VIEWS?!?!?
Old 04-20-2002, 12:54 AM
Banned

Okay wow...I just found out guys that you don't in fact have someone for the shift plates and trim...from NOVAWhite...that fell through awhile back. So I'm going to talk to the manufacturer about this. Who's interested in brushed or chrome shift plates...or a whole brushed or chrome kit including shift plates?

Austin519
Old 04-20-2002, 01:07 AM
D73

I'm interested. Are we talking just shift plate, or shift plate + sills + ...? Sorry, I'm a little lost. It's hard to follow a 20+ page thread.
PS: I would be a LOT more interested if you could do the same thing for all the bowling ball interior trim pieces.
Old 04-20-2002, 01:25 AM
Banned

Okay guys...I set up a poll here to see who's interested:

http://www.acura-cl.com/forums/showt...450#post754450

Everyone go to this and vote if you're interested. The more people I have behind me the faster I can turn this out for you all.

D73:
I was just doing sills for you guys because I was told you had someone to do trim kits and shift plates...but you don't. So I'm going to call the manufacturer Monday, if I have 10 ppl+ interested, and get him to do trim kits and shift plates for all of you. So now you have three things you can purchase, the trim kit, the shift plate, and the door sills. However...the shift plate comes as part of the trim kit...it's just offered for those that don't want the whole kit. Hope that's clearer

Austin519
Old 04-20-2002, 02:44 AM
Banned

Oh and not to bring up anything more politically...but Tim over on Acura-tl.com is making it sound like I'm helping him or approve of his sill/trim thing or something. I want to be very blunt here...I DON'T, at ALL. So any thing about "oh special thanks to Austin" or something like that is just bull. Just to clear that up so everyone who sees this isn't misinformed . Oh yeah, and our sales are coming first .

And I want to make sure...but I do believe ladies and gentlemen that my prices include shipping...I'm 99% sure they do. On A-TL, he's charging the same price, however for some reason there's an extra $5 for "shipping"...if I'm not paying that extra $5 for my sills at cost why is he? Nonetheless I will find out about the prices and make sure they include shipping from the manufacturer...but expect my "at cost" trim, sills, shift plates, etc to be $5 less than his "at cost" stuff...assuming he doesn't nix the shipping after seeing this.

Austin519
Old 04-20-2002, 06:30 AM
9th Gear

vote for the Shift Plate

Austin519,
I am having trouble getting the poll for the shift plate up.
Add me to the list for Shift Plate and sills only.
Thanks,
Old 04-20-2002, 09:57 AM
Banned

Ah America ! Land Of Comptetion: That's what it's all about Friends. Get a couple people doing the same bNESS: Makes it much better for the Consumer.

Austin: Shift Plate Fits OVER the Existing one ??? Now I'm really curious as to how that works.

Oh and not to bring up anything more politically...but Tim over on Acura-tl.com is making it sound like I'm helping him or approve of his sill/trim thing or something. I want to be very blunt here...I DON'T, at ALL. So any thing about "oh special thanks to Austin" or something like that is just bull. Just to clear that up so everyone who sees this isn't misinformed . Oh yeah, and our sales are coming first .

And I want to make sure...but I do believe ladies and gentlemen that my prices include shipping...I'm 99% sure they do. On A-TL, he's charging the same price, however for some reason there's an extra $5 for "shipping"...if I'm not paying that extra $5 for my sills at cost why is he? Nonetheless I will find out about the prices and make sure they include shipping from the manufacturer...but expect my "at cost" trim, sills, shift plates, etc to be $5 less than his "at cost" stuff...assuming he doesn't nix the shipping after seeing this.

Austin519
Old 04-20-2002, 10:02 AM
is Pretty Much a Moron

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Wait, does the trim cover the blackwood?
Old 04-20-2002, 10:36 AM
... and my CL-S wuvs me

Hey Austin:
Originally posted by TypeSAddict
Wait, does the trim cover the blackwood?
Since you don't want us to post questions in your poll, can you answer a few here ahead of time before you get 20 of the same question?

- Pricing for trim / shift plate?
- I think caddy asked if you have pictures?
- How many pieces (and for where) does the trim kit fit?
- Misc info for trim / shift plate (eg. does it cover blackwood, what do you use to apply it, etc)
- Timeframe for placing orders, and then timeframe for delivery (even approx would be helpful)

Thanks!!! You're the greatest thing to happen to the CL since Comptech!
Old 04-20-2002, 01:32 PM
Instructor

uDISCLAIMER: I asked Austin if I could post something in reference to his txt file. He gave me his approval. If you are thinking about posting something in reference to this file, please speak with him first.

I would just like to add my knowledge for everyone interested in the sills and reading this thread. Everything Austin has posted regarding the group buy is true. The reason why I know is because I am the guy who met with the manufacturer to get the sills measured and molded. I had no knowledge of any of this until the manufacturer told me what was going on. The manufacturer told me everything that Austin has disclosed in his post, so I don't feel the need to have to post every detail since it is already out there.

This post is not meant to influence you one way or another. I wrote this because basically, you have heard 2 sides of the story (Austin's and Tim's). I am giving you the story of the manufacturer (who is completely neutral in this). So now you have the third side to the story. You are all adults (most of you anyways) and can decide for yourself who you want to buy your stuff from.

Personally, I know that Austin has done a lot of work for this (the manufacturer said Austin calls him daily since this started) and I think he has done a great job.

Feel free to PM me if you have any questions.
Old 04-20-2002, 03:15 PM
Pro

dude this thread is lloooooooooooooooooooong i want door sills have they been made yet? also trim? shift gate trim? please elaborate
Old 04-20-2002, 11:14 PM
Banned

BKsRedCls:
There's no list yet...I just want to see if there's enough interest to get them made...so far so good.

caddy:
I'll post pics as soon as I get my kit. And yes, I agree with you about the competition . Hopefully now I can get Tim to drop that BS shipping charge so everyone's getting the real, rock-bottom price. Granted it would make me feel better personally if people didn't support him by buying from him...as he stole the whole thing and it feels like a slap in the face to me...

TypeSAddict:
Sure does.

IWuvMyCL-S:
Ha ha I wouldn't go that far . But I'll be having 3 more groupbuys soon so hopefully you guys all have money saved up! As for the questions...I can't really answer any...as I haven't even spoken to the manufacturer (it's the weekend). I THINK that ya'lls trim is the same as ours...I want to say that...which if so then you can buy the "TL" trim kits. Otherwise I may need Gator CL-S to go back out...or we'll have to order a trim kit. So I don't have any dates or prices either. I can tell you that your trim kit won't cost MORE than the TL kit...and the shift plate should cost the same as well...the shift plates I believe are $35 (something else I want to check on)...and the price for TLs on the trim is $205.

Gator CL-S:
I appreciate the support from an unbiased party dude. I really do. Hopefully that set everyone straight

Generationz:
Waaaaaah dude Geez...patience. Read above.

Austin519
Old 04-21-2002, 09:27 AM
is Pretty Much a Moron

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

TypeSAddict:
Sure does.

I want them then.
Old 04-21-2002, 02:14 PM
A-CL Post Whore w/N2O

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Austin/soopa,

First off, I am not trying to appear ungrateful (I'm pleased to have anything other than the plastic door sills), but I need to post this.

I read all 24 pages of the post and I'm slightly confused.

Is there still going to be door sills for the 1st Gens?

I've noticed that we were told to be patient; but I don't see any followup (or should I say follow-through by our 1st Gen volunteer--at last post).

If there is going to be door sills for the 1st Gens, I would propose that we allow the same differentiations that were alotted to the 2nd Gens (ie: different model identifications 3.0/2.3/2.2) for those who are interested. [It looks like Type-S owners prefer "ACURA CL Type-S" over just "ACURA CL" or "ACURA". As a CL3.0 owner, I would prefer "ACURA 3.0CL" over just "ACURA CL" or "ACURA".]

If not, then ACURA CL will do!

If nothing has progessed, please let me know what I can do to help speed things along. I've always needed an excuse to visit my cousin in Atlanta, and could probably be there with only a fews days notice (plus free doors sills would help defray my traveling expenses)!

However, if there is a local Atlanta volunteer, that would be preferred.

I'm just feeling like the "forgotten step-child"

Thanks!
Old 04-21-2002, 02:24 PM
nItIn

Originally posted by dustbuster4
Austin/soopa,
I'm just feeling like the "forgotten step-child"
aww

hehe, jk.

seriously tho, dont you think acura 3.0 cl would get kinda long and might lose that "simple and classy" feel that we're going for? just a thought

I'd be happy with just ACURA .. kinda like on my trunk.
Old 04-21-2002, 02:26 PM
Banned

dustbuster4:
Yes there is going to be door sills for the 1st Gens. There's no exact follow up because I'm handling all of the door sills. I will make sure to check with the manufacturer for you again though...so next time I speak with him I will ask. As for the delineation in 2.2, 3.0 etc...I understand your wish for those...I actually have a lot of different groups who want different things both for the TL's and the CL's...INSPIRE...3.2 TL, just TL, etc. I've tried out all those designs...and honestly it looks way too crowded with the numbers...and even a bit ricey. However that should not be my concern. So this is what I've decided to do, as I outlined a little while back. I want to get out the 4 designs that I've got now...the CL, CLS, TL, and TLS. Once I have those taken care of I will worry about the INSPIRE ones, ones with numbers, plain ACURA, etc. I've realized that 8 or so different designs is just too much for the manufacturer, the engraver, or me to do all at once. So yes, those will be delayed, and those will be special orders, and they will cost more as there's not such a big group and the engraver has a setup fee for every design (most of the extra cost is there)...but honestly you can get whatever you want on them...just not immediately. But I won't forget about you. I will take care of all the designs before I move on to my next groupbuy.

Everything is progressing fine...but as I posted earlier as well...there's just not much to talk about in this phase...there was a lot to talk about in the setup phase (lots of questions to answer), and a lot in the design phase...but this is the production phase...and all I can say is "they're currently in production". That's why I haven't given you guys updates.

You are definitely not forgotten. I promised that I would take care of my guys, and I will. You can count on that. I don't think we need anyone else for design...but if we do...maybe for the trim...I will let you know.

The things I'm going to ask the manufacturer next are:
1) first gens (sills/trim/shift plates)
2) CL trim and shift plates
3) CL shift plate pricing

That should cover everything. Anyone else have Q's for me to ask let me know.

Take care all,
Austin519
Old 04-21-2002, 03:01 PM
A-CL Post Whore w/N2O

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Austin,

Thanks a million!

I feel so much more loved!

BTW: If the ACURA 3.0CL looks ricey, then I would be happy with just the "ACURA CL".

EDIT: Speaking as a "former" graphic artist, I really like your design choices!
Old 04-21-2002, 03:12 PM
Banned

dustbuster4:
Yeah I thought the Type S symbol and triple line design was a winner. Daverman helped me clean it all up though...my design was a rough outline before that.

And yes, you are loved

Austin519
Old 04-21-2002, 06:52 PM
blah blah blah

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Hey guys, i've been reading this tread. If the door sills goes through for the 1st gen CL. I"M IN!! ACURA CL would be nice....

Quick Reply: aluminum sills/trim groupbuy (ends July 11)...