6 speed Icebox Install pics

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2003, 04:52 PM
6 speedin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
6 speed Icebox Install pics

If the pics don't load try these (you may need to press refresh if it says unauthorized use:
Pic 1
Pic 2
Pic 3
Pic 4

I had a few problems at first identifying which hoses to replace and which ones to keep so I took some photos and labeled them well and called Comptech.

Hopefully, these will help someone.

In the instructions the step #1 the diagram "B" that shows the stock coolant lines and breather hose assembly are illustrated as "A", "B", and "C" in my pics.

Once you remove these you hook up the thicker hose supplied (19" breather hose) to the bottom inlet on the plastic section that Comptech supplies and this hooks back up to the area where "A" originally came out of (to the right of the oil cap).

You then retain the stock piece that is labeled "D" in my pics and move it to the side inlet on the same plastic piece (supplied by Comptech) that the breather hose is hooked to.

After removing "A", "B", and "C" there are two placees under the throttle body (in my pics where "B" originally hooked up to and where "C" originally hooked up to) that are exposed. To these two inlets you hook up the 14" coolant hose that Comptech Supplied. You retain and use the stock clips for all of these.

This was the only confusing part for me because I was not sure whether not I needed to retain "D" and whether it was supposed to hook up to the side inlet that Comptech supplies or whether or not the coolant hose hooked up there.

Hope this helps!
Old 04-22-2003, 05:08 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Sounds like you did it all right.

This was the only confusing part for me because I was not sure whether not I needed to retain "D" and whether it was supposed to hook up to the side inlet that Comptech supplies or whether or not the coolant hose hooked up there.
You definately don't want to hook the coolant hose to the intake.