$299 for 15HP and 20lbft of torque (TYPE-S)???

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2001, 09:00 PM
*Hella* isn't a word.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by ruvz:
<STRONG>

Geez, maybe he should post the schematics on here too! :o He wasn't teasing, he was doing market research...

This is the internet buddy! lots of eyes are watching. The less you say, the better!</STRONG>
No I don't want schematics. You're still not catching my point. Syncivic, Doug has created a great deal interest in my part as well as other as I would like to see Torque gains and not just HP. I'm not asking him to explain in detial what the product is. He also said, that it's debuting at SEMA. Does this mean it's gotta be kept under wraps? If so just say so. We would just liek to know what this is, sheer curiosity and look back at the rest of my posts on this thread, all I've been asking what it is. I haven't judged jack.
Old 08-23-2001, 09:00 PM
YOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Originally posted by bioyuki:
<STRONG>

IMO, syncivic should have expected this, esp after the X incident. He should have kept mum until he could tell us what the mod is and show proof of it. Its natural for people to be skeptical...</STRONG>
Skeptical...Yes....Assholes and pricks, NO!
Grow up!
Old 08-23-2001, 09:01 PM
Sticky Rice OwnZ joO

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by NBP TL:
<STRONG>Will it work on a 2001 TL?</STRONG>
I'm not entirely sure about this but I think our TLs are the J30 type engine.. can someone confirm this??

I'm quite interested.. a mod that isn't too loud or expensive..
Old 08-23-2001, 09:04 PM
Evil Bob Knieval

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
i just read all the post from start till now.

one thing for sure , somebody needs to say what it is, how it will work. bolt on ram air thing, ECU, ....?

unless you say something along those lines, then it's one of those little kiddy things "oh i got a secret"

obviosly we are all interested. please give us a little more info on the product.
Old 08-23-2001, 09:06 PM
Retired Post Whore

Are you going to be the riddler now? Or we have to keep guessing until we get the product right. Tell us exactly what it does? Inquiring minds want to know!
Old 08-23-2001, 09:06 PM
gil
Intermediate

I hope everyone is taking all of these messages as an advanced warning...

I don't know this guy or anything about him or his supposed "product," but anyone who tries to solicit business on internet boards without giving any details or supporting information and instead only asking interested parties to email him is...well, sketchy to say the very least.

Maybe he's 100% legit. I have no idea, but his procedures and behavior throw up red flags all over the place for me.

Just my $.02
Old 08-23-2001, 09:08 PM
Evil Bob Knieval

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
how bout if we all keep quiet until he decides to tell us instead of pissing everybody off more and more. (hint hint) everybody needs info fast when you tell them something like this. you might have stirred up a hornets nest by telling people that there is this secret but you dont know all the details yet.
Old 08-23-2001, 09:13 PM
Instructor

Maybe he is keeping his mouth shut because he does not want anyone to steel his idea until he gets patent on it.
Old 08-23-2001, 09:14 PM
Three Wheelin'

Originally posted by TypeSDragoon ^T^:
<STRONG>you might have stirred up a hornets nest by telling people that there is this secret but you dont know all the details yet.</STRONG>
Yeah, its kinda like puttin candy in front of a kid and tellin them not to eat it. lol
Old 08-23-2001, 09:23 PM
Pro

well I think we are all very supportive of any effort. I am still curious to find out what it might be? I am sure there is a good reason why he is not telling . Let us know when you have the dyno results and can post more details. Thanks for your hard work on this though .
Old 08-23-2001, 09:24 PM
Retired MOD

I know doug (Syncivic) He is the Service Manager at Rick Case Acura in Fort Lauderdale FL. I seen his 3.5 CL....315 hp. Very nice car. I have to believe him as well as you should too. He loves our cars and he likes to make them faster. I know he is teasing us, but everybody likes to do that. If he says he has a product, I truly believe him. BTW I'm from the acura-tl board and I have a 99' TL. I will go this weekend over there and talk to him abou this. Seems pretty cool.
Old 08-23-2001, 09:24 PM
Retired MOD

I know doug (Syncivic) He is the Service Manager at Rick Case Acura in Fort Lauderdale FL. I seen his 3.5 CL....315 hp. Very nice car. I have to believe him as well as you should too. He loves our cars and he likes to make them faster. I know he is teasing us, but everybody likes to do that. If he says he has a product, I truly believe him. BTW I'm from the acura-tl board and I have a 99' TL. I will go this weekend over there and talk to him abou this. Seems pretty cool.
Old 08-23-2001, 09:30 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 638 Likes on 276 Posts
Originally posted by spiroh:
<STRONG>I agree with you. There are a lot of people here that are ASSHOLES!!

Spiro
</STRONG>

i agree... give this guy a chance... you guys never belive anything someone says, but then when they prove you wrong most of you say "OH"
Old 08-23-2001, 09:38 PM
Safety Car

Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts
Doug..will this work on the 1st gen CL? If so, please let me know so I have another option for some power.
Old 08-23-2001, 09:40 PM
Banned

Originally posted by ruvz:
<STRONG>

Skeptical...Yes....Assholes and pricks, NO!
Grow up!</STRONG>
Think of it this way...if it was market research...
he would already know that people are willing to pay $1100 for headers to gain 30hp...
So, try to be a little more reasonable Ruvz
I mean if I said...I got a product that'll make you faster than a Porsche TT for $500...what would you say??

BTW, what do you consider bolt-on???

[ 08-23-2001: Message edited by: moomaster_99 ]
Old 08-23-2001, 09:42 PM
Moderator Alumnus

Received 121 Likes on 86 Posts
syncivic gave up credibility when he made his post using the all annoying MAKE MONEY FAST all capital letters typing style.

I'm not saying syncivic has no credibility, but I'm just saying whenever I get an e-mail or see a post where it's in all caps, it just looks pretty dumb.

Anyway, assuming it's legit and all, I'm sure I'll be picking up one too. Thank god he didn't call the post MAKE TORQUE FAST or it woulda been the end of the world. :p
Old 08-23-2001, 09:57 PM
Banned

Originally posted by Edub-TL:
<STRONG>

I'm not entirely sure about this but I think our TLs are the J30 type engine.. can someone confirm this??

I'm quite interested.. a mod that isn't too loud or expensive..</STRONG>
TLs are J32A1, Type-S J32A2. syncivic stated that it should work also for a J32A1..
Old 08-23-2001, 10:09 PM
Fahrvergnügen'd

Received 1,569 Likes on 986 Posts
ROFLMFAO!!!

Four pages for this thread and it's still vaporware!
Old 08-23-2001, 10:16 PM
Racer

Flaming idiots! A guy trys to help out and its instant scepticism! People want positive proof, dynos,time slips. Chill out, the guy is just getting a feel of the interest! Of course a product for 299. producing these gains is incredible and I want proof but give the guy some respect and breathing room! syncivic, mark me down on the interested list! Good luck! Don't let these guys get you down. Go Dude!
Old 08-23-2001, 10:27 PM
Banned

If he even decided to develop a product for the CL/TL he should know there would be an interest for it, if not, why bother making it at all?
Old 08-23-2001, 10:42 PM
ALi G in the House!

i'm in. let me know as soon as its out. i'll buy it
Old 08-23-2001, 10:48 PM
BC
nearsighted visionary

I like to think that I am an open-minded skeptic, but this really intrigues me. This may be the first mod I buy, 7 months, still stock. Need a test rig? I'm only about 3,500 miles away. Info needed. Good luck.
Old 08-23-2001, 10:54 PM
Banned

Right church, wrong pew.

Patents are based on proof of having the idea or design first. As long as he files the patent first, and no one else challenges it, it's his. If he files it, and someone comes and says "hey - I did that too" but doesn't have documentation to support their timeframe for invention, then he would still win.

Sounds like he's just trying to goad some support for the product.

Syncivic,

Shame on you. If you are the professional they mention earlier, you should know that this is no way to do business. Offer individuals an NDA. Offer them something, but don't throw a carrot on a stick in front of them and then yank it back when they get close.

If you are just really excited about your supposed forthcomming product, then you might have just made a simple mistake.

Give other reasonable adults the same respect you yourself would like.

But I still give my offer to come test / drive your invention. I'll sign an NDA - even give you a boilerplate one for me to sign! (office Depot sells them in a 10-pack for $20! ) I won't report on anything except the gains / losses of the product - no details.

That will put this issue to bed.

Originally posted by Jayru2:
<STRONG>Maybe he is keeping his mouth shut because he does not want anyone to steel his idea until he gets patent on it.</STRONG>
Old 08-23-2001, 10:58 PM
Race Director

if installation is easy, i'm in.

oh shit, wait, i still need 299 u.s...
Old 08-23-2001, 11:00 PM
Burning Brakes

Mods can we close this topic already??? Don't seem to be getting anywhere.
Old 08-23-2001, 11:01 PM
Three Wheelin'

Originally posted by amirsafdari:
<STRONG>if installation is easy, i'm in.

</STRONG>
ANd that would be what..... 10 hours or less for you Amir? :p

(somebody had to go there)

BTW, doug....
I'm interested. Don't let all these idiot flamers get to you.
Old 08-23-2001, 11:03 PM
Three Wheelin'

Originally posted by JSuppi:
<STRONG>Mods can we close this topic already??? Don't seem to be getting anywhere.</STRONG>

Despite the flames, I don't want to close this. He's trying to guage interest (albeit in a strange way) and I'm sure there are many others that would like to respond.
Old 08-23-2001, 11:04 PM
Suzuka Master

I'm thinking ECU/Fuel Mapping...That's where the most potential of the CLS is...Now for 10K who said that?
Old 08-23-2001, 11:05 PM
JZ
Three Wheelin'

With all the bullshit replies posted here it's no wonder why so many of the long time members from way back on HA.net no longer post here. All Acura-cl.com MEMBERS should have just an ounce of respect for one another and especially for someone who has really done some serious work to the CLS. I'm sure 99% of the people talking shit here have no idea whatsoever who syncivic is and that he has been here for a long time. Have some respect for other members and don't jump on top of things that you know nothing about.

Sorry to flame but the maturity level of this place is going down the tubes lately. Just relax, see what he has to offer. If it's nothing than you have nothing to worry about. If it has some real merit than great, I'm all for it.

I think a more interesting way to look at this is how can one generate 20ft/lb of torque and only 15 hp? How can you put in a mod in our engine that makes more torque than HP? Any ideas or have we chased away all of the people with technical expertise that got sick of dealing with this kind of BS?

[ 08-23-2001: Message edited by: JZ ]
Old 08-23-2001, 11:12 PM
Happy CL-S Pilot

for $299, I will buy it. End of story.
Old 08-23-2001, 11:15 PM
Ambidextrous Masturbator

First, I'd love some more information about this product before I get too excited. I've seen it happen too many times on this board where someone says they can get XX amount of HP and XX amount of torque and then nothing ever comes of it or they disappear. Which brings me to my second point....

syncivic, being a veteran member of this board, you have probably seen this sort of thing happen more often than I. So I question your methods. You should know better than to post something like this without anything besides what you say to back it up.

Show us the proof or at least provide some details so we have something to talk about instead of flaming you.

The ball is in your court.
Old 08-23-2001, 11:20 PM
Instructor

Originally posted by JZ:
<STRONG>With all the bullshit replies posted here it's no wonder why so many of the long time members from way back on HA.net no longer post here. All Acura-cl.com MEMBERS should have just an ounce of respect for one another and especially for someone who has really done some serious work to the CLS. I'm sure 99% of the people talking shit here have no idea whatsoever who syncivic is and that he has been here for a long time. Have some respect for other members and don't jump on top of things that you know nothing about.

Sorry to flame but the maturity level of this place is going down the tubes lately. Just relax, see what he has to offer. If it's nothing than you have nothing to worry about. If it has some real merit than great, I'm all for it.

I think a more interesting way to look at this is how can one generate 20ft/lb of torque and only 15 hp? How can you put in a mod in our engine that makes more torque than HP? Any ideas or have we chased away all of the people with technical expertise that got sick of dealing with this kind of BS?

[ 08-23-2001: Message edited by: JZ ]</STRONG>
I agree. I have been around this place a long time, and it always seems to be the NON CAR FLUENT POST WHORES that are ruining it for everyone else.

Last few days, I have been spending alot more time on Acura-tl then on here. I enjoy reading over there.
Old 08-23-2001, 11:23 PM
Suzuka Master

hey syn sounds interesting. just can't think of what it could be.

Hey remember you said Red valve covers were going to be available. any info on that??

and yes I do have trust in you.

Its just that the cl crowd here are very skeptical and been BS'ed so many times we can't really believe anything. but coming from you I'll keep my hopes up. Good luck!
Instructor

Originally posted by autoxCLS:
<STRONG>Right church, wrong pew.

But I still give my offer to come test / drive your invention. I'll sign an NDA - even give you a boilerplate one for me to sign! (office Depot sells them in a 10-pack for $20! ) I won't report on anything except the gains / losses of the product - no details.

That will put this issue to bed.

</STRONG>
I am down to test the product out in person. I say we form a meet or something at Rick Case Acura . I was there on tuesday.

But I still thing he need to give us a better description on what this product does.
Instructor

I think you know my green Franklin budies.
Now show me your goods.
01'-S
Focals & Xtant, Polarg M6, V1
Comptech sways
Old 08-23-2001, 11:34 PM
Instructor

I will definately buy it.
Old 08-24-2001, 12:01 AM
gil
Intermediate

I'm shocked that some people here are already committing to buy this guy's product considering:
1 - they have no idea of the financial stability of the guy who is offering it (sound familiar? HINT: Xypher CAI???)
2 - they don't even know the slightest detail about it,
3 - they've never seen it,
4 - we've never heard from this guy before,
5 - we have no idea of what type of warranty, if any, this product comes with.

Everyone should still be weary from the whole Xypher CAI situtation some members experienced.

You know, I'm constantly in disbelief when I hear about all the scandals and bad deals that go on in the world today, but when I hear things like some members here committing to drop $300 with this guy considering the items listed above, then it makes me aware of how truly gullible so many people actually are.

Do yourselves a favor - diligently check out anything before you buy. Anyone can come up to an internet board and say, "HEY, I CAN GIVE YOU A 15BHP GAIN FOR $300!!!" Professionals who have a legitimate product to offer would use better means of communication. Once again, I'll say that I don't know this guy or his product - he may be legit. His methods thus far point to a different conclusion. Caveat emptor!!!

Just my $.02
Old 08-24-2001, 12:04 AM
Banned

Originally posted by KCPreki11:
<STRONG>I'm thinking ECU/Fuel Mapping...That's where the most potential of the CLS is...Now for 10K who said that? </STRONG>
I though the only Honda/Acura's with a writeable ECU are the Integra/RSX and Civics
Old 08-24-2001, 12:05 AM
Happy CL-S Pilot

Originally posted by gil:
<STRONG>I'm shocked that some people here are already committing to buy this guy's product considering:
1 - they have no idea of the financial stability of the guy who is offering it (sound familiar? HINT: Xypher CAI???)
2 - they don't even know the slightest detail about it,
3 - they've never seen it,
4 - we've never heard from this guy before,
5 - we have no idea of what type of warranty, if any, this product comes with.

Everyone should still be weary from the whole Xypher CAI situtation some members experienced.

You know, I'm constantly in disbelief when I hear about all the scandals and bad deals that go on in the world today, but when I hear things like some members here committing to drop $300 with this guy considering the items listed above, then it makes me aware of how truly gullible so many people actually are.

Do yourselves a favor - diligently check out anything before you buy. Anyone can come up to an internet board and say, "HEY, I CAN GIVE YOU A 15BHP GAIN FOR $300!!!" Professionals who have a legitimate product to offer would use better means of communication. Once again, I'll say that I don't know this guy or his product - he may be legit. His methods thus far point to a different conclusion. Caveat emptor!!!

Just my $.02</STRONG>
You have good intention, but your ignorance of this guy is your excuse. Read the freaking thread, this guy is an Acura dealer with a tuning shop like Comptech, he is no joke.

Just listen and watch....
Old 08-24-2001, 12:10 AM
Banned

New camshafts, intake valve springs, intake manifold, and throttle body?

Quick Reply: $299 for 15HP and 20lbft of torque (TYPE-S)???