$299 for 15HP and 20lbft of torque (TYPE-S)???

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2001, 06:26 PM
STi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Could you give us a clue syncivic or something. Is it bolt on to the engine or it's electronic stuff(ECU)....
Old 08-23-2001, 06:27 PM
*Hella* isn't a word.

Originally posted by typeR:
<STRONG>ROYFLMAO ...doug you crack my shit up!!!any of you with member 1000+ please refrain that which you donot know...this is the man that built the worlds fastest civic that has graced the covers of magazines like superstreet...and also responsible for the 3.5 cl-S....20lb/ft. hell ya im in...i think he's talked to the x man and found out his secret on his 5.33 g -tech run which ive thought was some kind of computer hack...I"M IN ...in heart beat</STRONG>
No one is questioning his products, we just want to know what it is!
Old 08-23-2001, 06:27 PM
Banned

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Interested ... YES, but interest WAINS when there's NO information or Hard Evidence to back up what your telling us: Prove it!

Don't like being TOYED with
Old 08-23-2001, 06:29 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 48 Likes on 33 Posts
Originally posted by spiroh:
<STRONG>For $300 I will buy the day it comes out. No BS!!
</STRONG>
you and me both buddy 300$ for 20lb/ft is a steal
Old 08-23-2001, 06:31 PM
Rod
Drifting

Doug, is the performance gain you describe on a stock CL-S or an already modded CL-S?? If on a modded CL-S, what mods does the car have? If on a stock CL-S, will additional mods such as i/h/e improve or affect this power gain?
Old 08-23-2001, 06:31 PM
Burning Brakes

Please lef me no.
Old 08-23-2001, 06:33 PM
Senior Moderator

Originally posted by TypeSKid:
<STRONG>This is nothing but a bullshit thread and a bullshit offer.

AT least post some official data and proof,

OR QUIT TROLLING the FUCKING BOARD XEPHYR!!! </STRONG>
i cant believe with a member number like yours you'd talk like that...doug is far from chris K.
ah and come to think of it was the first to tell us that the 6 speed was coming ...though i dont think he got his in august unless ...hey thats it a six speed manual for 299$ that would bolt right on wouldnt it
Old 08-23-2001, 06:36 PM
Senior Moderator

im serious when i say this doug...do you have paypal????I'll pay ahead of time to reserve mine...im serious
Old 08-23-2001, 06:40 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 1,760 Likes on 1,046 Posts
Originally posted by Ashburner:
<STRONG>It's not a sticker, is it?</STRONG>

he he...

I'd be interested if I knew what it was and cost....
Old 08-23-2001, 06:41 PM
Senior Moderator

i got it...a V-afc controller with custom harness that allows control over computer functions.????come on doug help a brother out...this is why i come here every day on my slow ass dial-up waiting for page after page to load hoping for that new exciting bolt on ...how much gain on your 3.5?????
Old 08-23-2001, 06:48 PM
foolio at heart

<STRONG>ROTFLMAO ...doug you crack my shit up!!!any of you with member 1000+ please refrain that which you donot know...this is the man that built the worlds fastest civic that has graced the covers of magazines like superstreet...and also responsible for the 3.5 cl-S....20lb/ft. hell ya im in...i think he's talked to the x man and found out his secret on his 5.33 g -tech run which ive thought was some kind of computer hack...I"M IN ...in heart beat

[ 08-23-2001: Message edited by: typeR ]</STRONG>
If I remember correctly the world's fastest civic is stephan papadakis' aem powered civic w/ a 8.499. Am I incorrect? I know for a fact that this guy didnt build Stephan's motor.

As far as this mod goes, yeah I'm sure that the members would be interested once you actually give some real data with dyno's to support. My question is why post this on the board unless you are willing to disclose what it is? Bad judgement IMHO
Old 08-23-2001, 06:53 PM
JZ
Three Wheelin'

<STRONG>ROTFLMAO ...doug you crack my shit up!!!any of you with member 1000+ please refrain that which you donot know...this is the man that built the worlds fastest civic that has graced the covers of magazines like superstreet...and also responsible for the 3.5 cl-S....20lb/ft. hell ya im in...i think he's talked to the x man and found out his secret on his 5.33 g -tech run which ive thought was some kind of computer hack...I"M IN ...in heart beat

[ 08-23-2001: Message edited by: typeR ]</STRONG>
Right on! You people need to take about 40 chill pills and check your tones. I hope his invention works as promised and he refuses to sell it to all the assholes who busted his balls for no reason.

Are you all going to be scarred for life by Xephyr?
Old 08-23-2001, 06:55 PM
Moderator Alumnus

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
I will be interested when Jens looks at it up and down and then Wayne gives me the knod of approval..........
Old 08-23-2001, 06:55 PM
Drifting

See man..a Greek has the fastest Honda =)
Originally posted by blxmjx:
<STRONG>

If I remember correctly the world's fastest civic is stephan papadakis' aem powered civic w/ a 8.499. Am I incorrect? I know for a fact that this guy didnt build Stephan's motor.

As far as this mod goes, yeah I'm sure that the members would be interested once you actually give some real data with dyno's to support. My question is why post this on the board unless you are willing to disclose what it is? Bad judgement IMHO</STRONG>
Old 08-23-2001, 06:57 PM
Racer

Hey, I'm not doubting that he might have created such a product...I just want more info. It doesn't hurt to inform your future customers about a "great" product...right?
Old 08-23-2001, 06:57 PM
Pro

I agree, unless you tell us what it is and show dyno results , no one here will jump on it .
Old 08-23-2001, 07:00 PM
Senior Moderator

Originally posted by blxmjx:
<STRONG>

As far as this mod goes, yeah I'm sure that the members would be interested once you actually give some real data with dyno's to support. My question is why post this on the board unless you are willing to disclose what it is? Bad judgement IMHO</STRONG>
i could be wrong or it could be old info the civic doug built if im not mistaken was on the cover of superstreet and says castrol syntec on it real big
Old 08-23-2001, 07:01 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts
I'm interesed. Will I pass my smog inspection in So Cal?
Old 08-23-2001, 07:12 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts
Ok, it looks like you have enough people interested. Now let's make a deal!!! How about a initial group buy of $249.99 and free shipping?

Can I bolt 2 of them on? because, I can afford 2.

-Ash
Old 08-23-2001, 07:16 PM
Burning Brakes

snycivic, have you bought any type-s wheels recently?
Old 08-23-2001, 07:17 PM
Racer

Id be in if it doesn't screw with my headers or CAI. Give me more info...
Old 08-23-2001, 07:19 PM
S/C'd Accord Coming Soon!

Doug,

Would this mod work to on the J30A in the Accord and 1st Gen CL?

I wouldn't expect it to give the same amount of gains, but I can promise you a large number of buyers if it does give gains for the V6 Accord.

Thanks for the info!
Old 08-23-2001, 07:25 PM
Instructor

Is this thing gonna work the J30A engine? Do we(accord v6) owners have a chance at using this?
Old 08-23-2001, 07:30 PM
Learn to swim.

<STRONG>any of you with member 1000+ please refrain that which you donot know...this is the man that built the worlds fastest civic that has graced the covers of magazines like superstreet...[ 08-23-2001: Message edited by: typeR ]</STRONG>
Oh shut up...

It doesn't seem that you know what you are talking about either, "on the cover of superstreet and says castrol syntec on it real big"--oh that one, huh? Nothing gets the blood going like some putz trying to pull seniority over the internet.

Syncivic: Interesting for sure, if you can really pull this off then I would say you are about to make quite a bit of money. Kudos to you and your hard work.
Old 08-23-2001, 07:58 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 638 Likes on 276 Posts
is it really hard to tell us what it is? I dont see why you are holding back... OH FOR THE LOVE.... tell us.
Old 08-23-2001, 08:06 PM
Intermediate

NO I'm not interested in adding more torque and HP for a couple of C notes. Hows that stupid answer for a stupid question. Sniff.... Sniff....whats that smell?
Old 08-23-2001, 08:07 PM
Instructor

Old 08-23-2001, 08:37 PM
Instructor

Yes, it will work with other mods (H/I/E).

Yes, a dyno will be posted by Ron tonite ( I think)

Yes, this gain was based on a bone STOCK 02 TL-S with only 179 miles on the clock.

Yes, a J30 variant (slightly more $$$) is due to dyno by 10/1/01...fingers crossed.

Yes, a J32A1 variant is due to dyno next week.

No, its not bullshit.

Yes, I did not build AEM's motor (H22) but my alcohol burning B18 made more power but could only push a 300lb heavier car into the low 9's (power to weight???)

No, this is not bull shit

No, we have not yet tested the gains on any modified cars.
Old 08-23-2001, 08:41 PM
Evil Bob Knieval

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
( o Y o )

stick your head in the middle of them and go bbbllllbb bblllbbb bbllbbb :p
Old 08-23-2001, 08:44 PM
YOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

I think half the people on this board should just stay off it! You guys are FUCKIN' USELESS!!! All you ever do is flame decent people who come here to get your input and feedback as the general CL buyer demographic!

How the fuck do you expect companies like Comptech, AEM, Wingswest, etc. to support us and make great products for our car if you make everyone who asks for input feel so small.

Put yourself in Syncivic's shoes, he comes here asking for your interest and all he sees is the word "BULLSHIT" scattered over 3 pages of postings. How would you feel? I would just say "Fuck these guys" and move onto making products for other cars! (Which I am sure some manufacturer's have done already!)

All I can say is fuckin' shame on you losers! If you don't like what someone is saying, shut the fuck up and hold it in... This board has become a whining and complaining joint with usefull questions not being answered anymore.

Old 08-23-2001, 08:46 PM
YOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

And Doug...whatever it is, my check is in the mail!
Old 08-23-2001, 08:49 PM
Drifting

I agree with you. There are a lot of people here that are ASSHOLES!!

Spiro
Originally posted by ruvz:
<STRONG>I think half the people on this board should just stay off it! You guys are FUCKIN' USELESS!!! All you ever do is flame decent people who come here to get your input and feedback as the general CL buyer demographic!

How the fuck do you expect companies like Comptech, AEM, Wingswest, etc. to support us and make great products for our car if you make everyone who asks for input feel so small.

Put yourself in Syncivic's shoes, he comes here asking for your interest and all he sees is the word "BULLSHIT" scattered over 3 pages of postings. How would you feel? I would just say "Fuck these guys" and move onto making products for other cars! (Which I am sure some manufacturer's have done already!)

All I can say is fuckin' shame on you losers! If you don't like what someone is saying, shut the fuck up and hold it in... This board has become a whining and complaining joint with usefull questions not being answered anymore.

</STRONG>
Old 08-23-2001, 08:52 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'll keep my comments to myself until I see some hard proof ...
Old 08-23-2001, 08:53 PM
www.drippinwet.com

<STRONG>I think half the people on this board should just stay off it! You guys are FUCKIN' USELESS!!! All you ever do is flame decent people who come here to get your input and feedback as the general CL buyer demographic!

</STRONG>
then grow the frig up and just tell us what it is, this is not the 6th grade "i have a secret, ya wanna know what?" - i think we can handle him telling us just what the product is and how it works, it does sound like amway
Old 08-23-2001, 08:54 PM
*Hella* isn't a word.

I'm not flaming Doug. I see a lot of ppl doing that right now. I just think it's fair if Doug comes out and says "I've got something you may want" that he doens't be a tease about it. That's ALL.
Old 08-23-2001, 08:54 PM
Three Wheelin'

Will it work on a 2001 TL?
Old 08-23-2001, 08:56 PM
Instructor

Hey Syncivic, I see your in florida. I'd be willing to drive up there to check it out. Maybe some of the other Miami cl guys would be willing to make this an "official meet"! What better way to make a whole shitload of money all at once, and avoid the aggony of UPS and FEDEX.

I say, Hell ya. Let's see the produck in action some day when your product is released.
Old 08-23-2001, 08:56 PM
Instructor

I just wanted to use that picture

I don't even have a CL anymore.

More power to ya bro!

I haven't read the whole thread but I haven't seen anywhere where you've said what exactly this 'bolt on' device is? Any reason why you haven't/can't say?
Old 08-23-2001, 08:57 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

</STRONG>

IMO, syncivic should have expected this, esp after the X incident. He should have kept mum until he could tell us what the mod is and show proof of it. Its natural for people to be skeptical...
Old 08-23-2001, 08:57 PM
YOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Originally posted by HellaWhat:
<STRONG>I'm not flaming Doug. I see a lot of ppl doing that right now. I just think it's fair if Doug comes out and says "I've got something you may want" that he doens't be a tease about it. That's ALL.</STRONG>

Geez, maybe he should post the schematics on here too! :o He wasn't teasing, he was doing market research...

This is the internet buddy! lots of eyes are watching. The less you say, the better!

Quick Reply: $299 for 15HP and 20lbft of torque (TYPE-S)???