Pics of 16" winter alloys on TSX

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2005 | 09:48 PM
I kAnt Spel guD

Pics of 16" winter alloys on TSX

For those that may be interested in picking up a tire package from the TireRack for winter use...

I picked up a set of 16"x7" (50mm offset) Sport Edition F7 alloys. I already had the tires from a prior car and a prior winter. I'm running a Goodyear Ultra Grip Ice snow tire sized 215/55/16. You can't get this Goodyear tire any longer, but you can get the size and rim. I had them mounted on the rims today and I did a quick test fit, I won't run them until later this fall or winter.

If you run the math this is the ideal winter snow tire size for the TSX if you plan to run a 16" alloy wheel. I would have done a 17" snow tire, but hey--I already had the almost new Goodyear snow tires, the sad fact is, the rims are less expensive then the tires mounted to them. The rims are only $75ea, a good snow tire is $80-150ea. These Goodyear Ultra Grips ran me about $125ea, I purchased them last minute mid-snow season 2yrs ago, I have about 5000 mi on the set. They should last another winter or two easy.

So if anyone cares it would appear per the TireRack certain 16" alloys will clear the brakes on the TSX just fine.
Old 10-05-2005 | 09:51 PM
Suzuka Master

Ouch on the tire gap bud!!! But hey, ur right about the 16" wheels working. I seen the lug nuts are still off.... r u nuts?
Old 10-05-2005 | 09:54 PM
I kAnt Spel guD

Originally Posted by moda_way
Ouch on the tire gap bud!!! But hey, ur right about the 16" wheels working. I seen the lug nuts are still off.... r u nuts?
That's the same gap as stock dude. The flash on the camera makes it show up more though.

No, I have the lug nuts on the car, the new rims came with new lug nuts too. Those are the Honda lug nuts for the Acura wheels...
Old 10-05-2005 | 10:21 PM
101 years of heartache...

hey, how about 1 last good meet before you actually need those ? PM me if you'd like to get something going.
Old 10-05-2005 | 10:26 PM
Burning Brakes

It wont snow till December. Well in canada at least. MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAH
Old 10-06-2005 | 07:41 PM
I kAnt Spel guD

I'm always up for a meet, it would be great if SaraWI wasn't busy moving...we could all meet in WI for a quick weekend cookout...
Old 10-07-2005 | 03:40 AM
TSX4EVR

Originally Posted by Powered by Honda
Depend which part of Canada. Manitoba and parts of North Western Ontario recieved up to 45 cm (17.7") the last couple of days. Some of the Mid Northern States also got this snow.

Winter here in Alberta hits about the third week of October. When I lived in Toronto it was late November.

I went with the 17" wheel. When I get my TSX in December I will be able to show how they look in the wheel well.

Old 10-07-2005 | 05:54 AM
Senior Moderator

Originally Posted by excited
Depend which part of Canada. Manitoba and parts of North Western Ontario recieved up to 45 cm (17.7") the last couple of days. Some of the Mid Northern States also got this snow.

Winter here in Alberta hits about the third week of October. When I lived in Toronto it was late November.

I went with the 17" wheel. When I get my TSX in December I will be able to show how they look in the wheel well.

Those should look good on your TSX excited. Definately put up some pics when you get them on. Im going to order my steelies today,..........sigh,.......no alloys for me cause of $$$$.
Old 10-07-2005 | 06:31 AM
dɐɹɔ ǝɥʇ ʇɐɥʍ

Stock 16" acura wheels from CL's and TL's fit as well, Accord, Odyssey and Pilot wheels also fit if I remember correctly. I have a set of 01 Gloss black TL wheels I run in winter and fits perfect, no hub rings and uses the factory lugnuts.
Old 10-07-2005 | 07:37 AM
I kAnt Spel guD

Originally Posted by West6MT
Those should look good on your TSX excited. Definately put up some pics when you get them on. Im going to order my steelies today,..........sigh,.......no alloys for me cause of $$$$.
It was hard to justify steels vs. alloy, the steels ran $48 + hubcaps...
The Alloys were $75ea, So you are looking at an extra $75-100 for Alloys, it was so worth it in my book. I spent $80 just getting the tires mounted and balanced, so if you don't already have snow tires get them mounted for free via the tirerack.
Old 10-07-2005 | 04:24 PM
10th Gear

Originally Posted by Powered by Honda
It doesn't ever snow in So Cal... I went to the beach today. feel free to rip me a new one.
Old 10-07-2005 | 05:27 PM
TSX4EVR

Originally Posted by xjohnwx
It doesn't ever snow in So Cal... I went to the beach today. feel free to rip me a new one.
Were you able to find the beach thru all of the smog? I visited So. Cal this past March driving from Las Vegas to Palm Springs and the polution was so bad that it was hard to read the overhead road signs.

I'm jealous of your warmth, but not your smog and traffic. I guess everyplace has it's good points and bad points, but I will take clean snow over hazy air anyday.
Old 10-07-2005 | 05:35 PM
10th Gear

Originally Posted by excited
Were you able to find the beach thru all of the smog? I visited So. Cal this past March driving from Las Vegas to Palm Springs and the polution was so bad that it was hard to read the overhead road signs.

I'm jealous of your warmth, but not your smog and traffic. I guess everyplace has it's good points and bad points, but I will take clean snow over hazy air anyday.
Las Vegas to Palm Springs? You must have seen the Inland Empire. That place is a dirty hell hole not so affectionately refered to as the "909." With such slogans as "the 909: 30,000 convicts can't be wrong". haha

I live in south orange county... the cleaner, nicer cookie cutter alternative about an hour south of Los Angeles. While not perfect, the traffic and smog are considerably less than LA and dramatically better than the 909. gross.
Old 10-07-2005 | 11:48 PM
TSX4EVR

Originally Posted by xjohnwx
Las Vegas to Palm Springs? You must have seen the Inland Empire. That place is a dirty hell hole not so affectionately refered to as the "909." With such slogans as "the 909: 30,000 convicts can't be wrong". haha

I live in south orange county... the cleaner, nicer cookie cutter alternative about an hour south of Los Angeles. While not perfect, the traffic and smog are considerably less than LA and dramatically better than the 909. gross.
Perhaps I saw the bad portion of So. Cal.. Palm Springs and the deserts were pretty nice. This March I will be taking another road trip south (this time in the TSX) and I will be exploring Northern California for the first time on my way back from Arizona.

Orange County does look good on TV. Say hi to Ryan and Marissa.

I do envy your warmth.

Excited
Old 10-08-2005 | 05:29 AM
TSX

CJams would kick your ass for having that wheel gap!

in the words of CJams, "slam it!"
Old 10-08-2005 | 08:56 AM
I kAnt Spel guD

Originally Posted by Savio
CJams would kick your ass for having that wheel gap!

in the words of CJams, "slam it!"
CJams, what do I care about CJams?

Slamming a car is a bit counter productive to the point of snow tires. I already have one lowered car that is enough for me. The TSX handles just fine. The wheel gap is identical to stock because the wheel diameter is identical to stock. Also the wheels will settle some in the well, the car was simply lowered on the new tires and never driven. Since the TSX runs some negative camber all the way around the negative camber will return when you pull out of the garage.