04 tsx lowering question

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2009, 08:57 PM
5th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
04 tsx lowering question

Hi guys this is my first post but i have been trolling your forum for a few months now

I have an 04 tsx that I recently acquired, and now I would like to drop it a few inches but my problem is that I drive the car 100+ miles every day, So I'm not looking for an extremely tight suspension.

I origionally planned on just grabbin the A spec but from looking at other cars it isn't low enough for the look I want. So I am now looking into the tien basic, and looking around I can't find quite the information I need about it, so i have a few questions

- Do I need a camber kit?

- Do I need to put a smaller tire for clearance issues?

- Is there a better deal out there?

Sorry for not knowing a damn thing I am new to these cars, I have only owned 60's chevy's

I am currently running the stock rim with falken tires (also stock size) I have ordered the Rota circuit 10's and they will be here next weekend.

Also would anyone advise against the skunk2 catback ? setup
Old 04-26-2009, 12:28 AM
10th Gear

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but you're going to have to sacrifice comfortability if you want to go lower.

Koni shocks + Eibach Prokit or + Sportline are nice sets for a comfortable ride that will also eliminate that wheel gap.

Or the Neuspeed Supercup kit which includes the Koni Shocks and Neuspeed springs (you have two to choose from: Sport and Race). I think this is a great deal, as you're practically paying for shocks and getting free springs. And if you don't like the springs, sell them :P

The koni's also have damping adjusters, so you can set soft from stiff.

Some folk say you absolutely need a rear camber kit, no matter how little you drop. Others say otherwise. For the front, you only really need it if you're dropping more than 3".

You can try getting away without one in the rear if you're tight for cash, and just watch for uneven wear on your tires, but they may end up being more costly too

Good luck!
Old 04-27-2009, 02:28 PM
Instructor

I have the Tein Basics and I can say that they are similar to stock in ride quality as long as you put them on the recommended settings. To answer your questions:

Yes, you need a rear camber kit, the front you can get away with

No, you don't need smaller tires, the stock tire size will work fine.
Old 04-28-2009, 07:42 PM
5th Gear

Ah thank you both for the responses I think I will go with the tein basics.

How far did it bring your car down? and what camber kit do you have\ or would suggest?
Old 04-28-2009, 08:00 PM
Instructor

Tein Basics give you a choice. So you can drop it a little bit or slam it all the way down to 3". Camber kits don't really matter, but I think the most popular one would be Ingall's?
Old 04-29-2009, 12:01 PM
Instructor

I left it on the Tein recommended settings, I have around 1-1.5 finger gap all around now. As for the camber kit it doesn't really matter which one you get but I have the SPC one.
Old 04-30-2009, 09:44 AM
Site Lurker, Rare poster

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Most ppl swear by the Ingalls rear camber kit. I have seen ppl with Ingalls, SPC and I have the Wicked camber kit one. All do the job just fine, but most will swear to go with Ingalls. The front typically will not need it since the drop doesn't effect the camber much and the toe is adjustable. Toe is what really kills the tire life opposed to camber. You can go without a rear camberkit if you choose, but some don't want to. I have BuddyClub N+'s on my car with a little less than a 1 finger gap all around and I have the kit for the back since I'm at -3.2 degrees and -2.8 degrees camber.

As for going lower and sacrificing ride quality/comfortability it will really depend on which spectrum you're looking at it from. With my car, in all honesty, I would say my ride is much better than what stock was and it looks much cleaner. I am on 18's and pretty low and I don't rub or have the horrible body roll nor is my ride stiff or bouncy...in fact no one notices any difference from what it was at. My boy even said it rides smoother than before which I definitely agree with him. So for me lowering my car and having the proper height and dampening has made my car much better in ride quality.

The Basics has to reuse a part off of your stock suspension...forgot what, tophat maybe? The BuddyClub N+ were a direct swap, no need to use anything additional or really special tools. Just a DIY with my friend for help. This thread has a bit more info for you https://acurazine.com/forums/1g-tsx-tires-wheels-suspension-130/installing-tein-basics-ingalls-rear-camber-kit-progress-rsb-713574/
Some ppl like their Basics and other ppl wish they went another route so it may depend on your choice.

Running 17's are fine. I am lowered on 18's and seen ppl on 19's with no issues as well. As long as you keep a proper tire size and rim size you're fine. Hope this long post helped lol.
Old 04-30-2009, 01:26 PM
Instructor

^
yes the basics reuses the top hats