VSA light on; YAW sensor location?

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2007, 12:21 AM
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation VSA light on; YAW sensor location?

Long story short, I'm having the issue where the VSA light and the /!\ warning light on the instrument cluster have been coming on. They come on and stay on, which obviously means there is a malfunction in the VSA system somewhere. Well, they've been coming on alot lately, so it's time to get this taken care of.

I recently had the chance to scour a very low-mileage TSX at a local junkyard and grabbed the 4 sensors that go at each wheel. Well, now that I look at them, I don't even know if they have anything to do w/ VSS, considereing the harness plugs on them are orange, and orange usually = ABS. I haven't replaced my sensors with these yet, mostly because it's a PIA and if they don't even have anything to do w/ VSA, then I don't want to bother.

What I REALLY want to know is...where is the YAW sensor located on our cars? Specifically an '04 6MT. Here is what I'm talking about...#11 is what I want:

39960-SEA-003 SENSOR ASSY., YAW & G 1 2004 TSX 522.90 $416.24

Where is this located? I'd like to replace this, because some research has told me that on other Acura cars, this is often the cause of the dreaded VSA light syndrome. The TSX at my junkyard will be there awhile, so I'd like to just go in and grab that sensor, but I have no idea where it is!!! I know the stealership will just want to replace this, but I'll be damned if I'm going to pay $416 for one when I have access to it for free. I also doubt that if I just walked in and asked where it is in the car, they'd tell me.

Thanks!
Old 11-18-2007, 10:32 AM
Pro

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
The yaw rate sensor is under the left front seat. What makes you assume that this is causing your VSA light to come on. You really should properly diagnose the car, not just throw parts at it. Not to mention I wouldn't trust a yaw rate sensor from a car that's been totalled, as they are fairly sensitive to shock.
Old 11-18-2007, 05:09 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by poltergeist
The yaw rate sensor is under the left front seat. What makes you assume that this is causing your VSA light to come on. You really should properly diagnose the car, not just throw parts at it. Not to mention I wouldn't trust a yaw rate sensor from a car that's been totalled, as they are fairly sensitive to shock.
Thanks for the response; I'll check under the seat. And I will properly diagnose the problem.....after I replace the YAW sensor. It's free, so why wouldn't I just atleast try it if it's easy to access? If I replace it and the problem doesn't go away, THEN I will take the car in and have it looked at. But for me, it's much less PIA to grab a sensor and atleast TRY it first.
Old 03-05-2012, 01:23 AM
8th Gear

Hey, I have the same problem with my TL 2005 MT
The VSA light and Triangle with "!" are on and can't never turn them off.
I have to turn off the VSA before driving the car, so the car won't be jolt when both lights on.
I wonder after replacing YAW Sensor would help this problem?
Neocynym, how was the fix??

just want to let you know I know where the sensor located! .
Keep me post if you have any news for me.

Thanks,
TuiNe
Old 08-24-2012, 04:58 PM
Intermediate

Any luck with the situation ?
Old 09-26-2017, 01:31 PM
1st Gear

2008 Acura TSX VSA light came on

hello, i have 2008 Acura TSX which has "Check VSA system" light on with triangle symbol. Dealership recommended to change "yaw rate sensor" with around $1100. please provide your recommendations buying aftermarket parts or part number for yaw rate sensor.

thanks