Tsx issues

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2018, 10:36 PM
Cruisin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Tsx issues

Hey guys,

I spent hours researching, found lot of threads, but not finding a solution that will help me fix my car. Got a couple of issues (06 tsx 133k auto).
OBD2 scanner reading
1. Battery high voltage - Battery is new. Both terminalsare clean and tight. Advanced auto checked out my alternator and starter and stated my my started is going bad. It pulling lots of voltage.
3. Misfire on all 4 Cylinders - car runs fine, but keeps dying on cold starts - might be linked to the battery high voltage issues ?
3. Vsa,abs and brake light are on. Yes, its all over, but tried everything I read. I replaced the speed sensor, brake switch and reset the lights, but they keep coming on. I have 3 codes that are coming up which are front lwft wheel speed sensor which was replaced, front left wheel lock 42-1 and right front pulsar malfunction 21-1.

Any help is appreciated.

Last edited by Zakaria103; 02-17-2018 at 10:38 PM.
Old 02-25-2018, 12:49 PM
Pro

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
When there are electrical issues all sort of issues happen. If you know that the starter is drawing too much current you'll want to look at that first and address it. It may or not fix the rest of the issues but you have to start there.

I would suggest getting an ohm meter and checking the voltage yourself just to be sure. I had a starter in my 99 Accord that failed. I took it out and went to have it tested. It passed at Autozone but I could tell something wasn't right with the way it was engaging. I took a chance and bought a replacement, car started up with no problem.

Good luck on the replacement of the starter. I've heard it is a PITA to get to it in our cars.
Old 02-25-2018, 08:44 PM
Cruisin'

If anyone runs to the same abs light issue. I just took my spindle off and found a gash on the ring behind the wheel beering. The old owner replaced the speed sensor and looks like I found a small piece of it stuck behind the wheel bearing (guessing he drilled it) which caused a gas on the ring that the speed sensor reads from. Will get this fixed this week and hope it fixed my issue.
Old 02-25-2018, 08:46 PM
Cruisin'

Originally Posted by npolite
When there are electrical issues all sort of issues happen. If you know that the starter is drawing too much current you'll want to look at that first and address it. It may or not fix the rest of the issues but you have to start there.

I would suggest getting an ohm meter and checking the voltage yourself just to be sure. I had a starter in my 99 Accord that failed. I took it out and went to have it tested. It passed at Autozone but I could tell something wasn't right with the way it was engaging. I took a chance and bought a replacement, car started up with no problem.

Good luck on the replacement of the starter. I've heard it is a PITA to get to it in our cars.
I replaced the starter n got rid of all the misfires (not sure how, but ill take it) either that or while removing the battery it reset the ecu. It was not too bad of a job. It also got rid of the voltage issue. Now just wrapping up the abs light issue. Thanks for the info