Poping noise

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2004, 03:44 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Poping noise

Yeah so today i was listening to a cd with some heavy bass and im like wow this stuff sounds pretty good. the bass option was like 3 or 4 bars. and im going along and its hitting the lows really nice. the volume was around like 20ish cuz i had the windows open. so then i coulda sworn i heard something make a poping noise. its comming from the back speakers up on the deck i think. it would still hit the lows nice but it was like a mid that i would hear a pop.

what kind of warrenty does acura cover? cuz im thinkin about making a list about some stuff thats bugging me. my remote is one of them, but thats another post.

lemme know if u guys have heard of it or need more info about the car. ive had it for almost 2 or 3 months.
Old 09-16-2004, 04:15 PM
Pro

Poping noise?? sounds like this ??
Old 09-16-2004, 04:24 PM
Three Wheelin'

ooops! no seriously tho has any one
Old 09-16-2004, 06:19 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by Xtremespeed2102
ooops! no seriously tho has any one
Actually, my right rear speaker on the rear deck makes a popping noise if I turn the volume above 20 or so on some songs with bass. It's not a blown speaker, just a nasty noise. I plan on having Acura replace it, since it's an easy problem to reproduce...
Old 09-16-2004, 07:04 PM
Three Wheelin'

hmm yeah well its on my list of stuff now beucase my front headlight has water in it..... argh!
Old 09-16-2004, 09:33 PM
Three Wheelin'

which speaker do u hear it from, i think mine are comming from the doors cuz the top deck sounds like its mostly bass. i cant hear it as much tho sitting back there. hmmm
Old 09-17-2004, 12:19 AM
Intermediate

You are over driving the speakers. The sound you hear is the voice coil hitting the magnet. You're just asking too much from it. Turn it down a notch or tick the bass back one click. Not sure if Acura will replace it when you "demo" it to them with the volume that loud...heh heh.....
Old 09-17-2004, 06:37 AM
Advanced

Originally Posted by bhjazz
You are over driving the speakers. The sound you hear is the voice coil hitting the magnet. You're just asking too much from it. Turn it down a notch or tick the bass back one click. Not sure if Acura will replace it when you "demo" it to them with the volume that loud...heh heh.....
If I'm overdriving it at volume 20 there's an issue, because that's only about halfway up, and the stereo system should be able to handle at least half power... (And trust me, I tried turning down the bass, and you have to kill it back 4 or 5 clicks to get rid of it.)
Old 09-17-2004, 01:49 PM
Three Wheelin'

its not even like its during the hard pounding issues. i mean it does sound like the speakers are being clipped. but ususaly that wont happen until atelast 2/3 of the way up on the clicker of any head unit in any stereo.

its something im going to bring up along with the head lights. might as welll get them to fix everything.
Old 04-14-2005, 10:22 AM
Littering and.....

Sorry to resurrect this thread, but I figured I'd get flammed for not doing a search. I just took my back dash out and installed dynamat to reduce vibrations. I wrapped the dynamat around the openings for the rear 6x9's and now I am getting the popping noise from the rear speakers. Could it be that the woofer cones are hitting the grill? I'm probably going to go back in and remove the dynamat that wraps around the opening because I think it raises the speakers too high. Hopefully that will fix the problem. If it doesn't does anyone else have any suggestions? Thanks!
Old 04-14-2005, 10:28 AM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by DarkLava
If I'm overdriving it at volume 20 there's an issue, because that's only about halfway up, and the stereo system should be able to handle at least half power... (And trust me, I tried turning down the bass, and you have to kill it back 4 or 5 clicks to get rid of it.)
I have mine back 5 and I don't hear it. It sucks though, I love hearing the deep bass. I think they just have cheap speakers in the TSX. At first I thought the sound was pretty good then I put some Redman on and I realized that it lacks what is needed to be called good.
Old 08-18-2006, 01:41 PM
Intermediate

I realize that this thread is ancient but i am having this problem in my car as well. The only difference is that mine only happens when the windows are down. It seems i can push the stero to its limits with the windows up but as soon as i put the windows down the speakers seem to bottom out. Making a poping sound. This has never been a problem in any other car i have ever had? If anyone can shed some light on why this might be occuring. thanks
Old 08-18-2006, 01:49 PM
Team Owner

Received 105 Likes on 69 Posts
I don't even think I've gone over 15.
Old 08-18-2006, 05:01 PM
Cruisin'

Originally Posted by ottawatsx
I realize that this thread is ancient but i am having this problem in my car as well. The only difference is that mine only happens when the windows are down. It seems i can push the stero to its limits with the windows up but as soon as i put the windows down the speakers seem to bottom out. Making a poping sound. This has never been a problem in any other car i have ever had? If anyone can shed some light on why this might be occuring. thanks
Could it be that with the windows up (sunroof closed too?) that there is enough air pressure (sealed cabin) to prevent the woofers from moving too much and when the windows are open there is no air pressure... just a wild guess.
Old 08-19-2006, 06:06 PM
El Rompe to'

Its funny I found this thread, I've had my TSX for about a month, and just last week they replaced my rear right speaker and added some dynamat back there... Last night I had some hip hop playing at 30 and started hearing the same rattle noise from the same speaker!? So I played with the settings and turned down the bass, I was hearing the slight speaker rattle even with the volume at 25, and the bass in the middle position (no gain). Do you guys think some aftermarket speakers would get rid of this, I'm gonna try one more time with the dealer, but otherwise I'm gonna just switch em out.