View Poll Results: Does your TSX have rattles?
YES
69.73%
NO
30.27%
Voters: 598. You may not vote on this poll

Let's finally have a RATTLES poll

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2004, 06:47 AM
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
YES,
Both Driver's & Passenger Side Windows Shakes & Squeaks
Engine idle's at any stops
Sunroof door rattles when it's open
Whole Dash Squeaks & Cracking noise
Glove Box Squeaks
Old 06-11-2004, 03:06 PM
Instructor

Lately, the one that's been bothering me comes from the vicinity of the driver's side door lock. If I press on the panel right below the door lock, or push on the little plastic piece that sticks out, then it stops rattling. The rattling is like two light pieces of plastic vibrating against each other. I think maybe if I wedge something into the hole next to the plastic piece while I drive it might stop.
Old 06-14-2004, 06:51 AM
5th Gear

rattle

Rattle in top of dash going over a bump. Car one week old
Old 06-14-2004, 11:32 AM
Cruisin'

'I have alredy voted in this poll'

I don't remember what I voted. Probably 'No' bu that isn't true anymore. I have the headliner/windshield creaks over bumps rattle.

I thought I was seeing a pattern based on temperature and humitity, but now I'm not so sure...
Old 06-19-2004, 09:08 AM
5th Gear

Yes

Something in the dash when idle. Just a note, my Euro is only a month old with NO mods, nothing has been taken apart, eg stereo, speakers.

Creaks from the front at night time (cold?)may be windscreen?
Old 06-19-2004, 01:31 PM
Intermediate

Rattle in top of dash going over a bumps, but only when cold, when dashboard is heated by sun over 85 degrees - car absolutely quite.
Old 06-22-2004, 11:20 AM
Intermediate

I have a proposition to every one with the dashboard rattles.
Can host of this site create a register, so that we all with rattles will register our TSX vin numbers and then will submit a collective letter to the Acura headquarter.
In that case they will not be able to ignore this problem any longer and will came out with the solution or service bulletin.
Old 06-27-2004, 09:43 PM
5th Gear

Rattles

Top of dash rattles on bumps
Old 06-27-2004, 09:58 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by yuri2i
I have a proposition to every one with the dashboard rattles.
Can host of this site create a register, so that we all with rattles will register our TSX vin numbers and then will submit a collective letter to the Acura headquarter.
In that case they will not be able to ignore this problem any longer and will came out with the solution or service bulletin.
Great idea!
Old 06-28-2004, 03:55 AM
Burning Brakes

rattle .. ~~
.... some ... but cant really tell .. ~~ maybe from the roof .. ~~
and ... the dealer sux at fixing it
Old 06-28-2004, 07:05 PM
10th Gear

YES,

Noticed rattles in rear driver-side door first night less than 100 miles, then front passenger by speaker next day ... might have been looking for it after reading posts on here
Old 06-30-2004, 05:19 PM
5th Gear

Some Rattles / Clutch Fix

Now have about 11k mi on car, after 12 months. When new, and still has, a sympathetic rattle in passenger door trim with heavy bass at volume levels above about 18-20 on radio's readout.

Soon after new (1st 1000 mi.) developed a strange sound/feel in clutch pedal. One, or a few, clicks as depress pedal, sort of like an over-wound rubber band. Much more common in warm weather. First dealer (WPB, Fla.) found no problem put silicone grease - no help. Later to dealer in Tallahassee. Replaced M/Cyl Ass and problem is gone and clutch engagement is much improved too. Part # 46920-S7A-A02.

About 1 month ago, started some squeaks around sunroof trim, and upper edge of both front doors. Silicone treatment so far seems to fix.
Old 07-02-2004, 09:51 AM
Intermediate

I've just noticed that I don't hear any more dashboard rattles for more than a week -
while I always had a dashboard rattles when temperature has dropped below 70 degrees.
I was told by a dealership's salesman that the dashboard rattles on some
TSXs will disappear by itself after about 4,000 miles, my car has currently 3,000.
What is that - just a BS with a wishful thinking or there are in deed some true ?
Hey, all with a dashboard rattles, what is the mileage on your cars right now ?

Thanks to all who will respond
Old 07-02-2004, 10:02 AM
Intermediate

After 1 1/2 weeks and the 5th time in the shop, it seems like they finally got rid of my door rattle!

The metallic rattle coming from the door-lock/armrest area that I thought was coming from the plastic inner door panel turned out to be inside the door itself. The mechanic drove the car with the door panel off and heard the noise. He was then able to feel around in there while driving to isolate the part making the noise. Turns out it was the rear window channel (that the window slides up and down in) which is bolted to the door, and though the bolt was tight, the channel was able to still vibrate. It appeared to be much worse when the window was up than down (which makes sense). I think this may be the cause of many others door problems here.

Make sure you have them check the passenger door as well ;-)
Old 07-05-2004, 10:05 AM
1st Gear

Rattles are happening

Now that my car has 5,000 miles, rattles are happening:

1. Passenger side dashboard

2. Passenger door speakers

3. Somewhere in the instrument panel

4. Sunroof rattles when visor is retracted

Unrelated, the interior plastic scratches easily.

This car is too delicate!
Old 07-06-2004, 09:59 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by fdl
I think this poll will hardly be accurate because there are people who think that "turning the bass down fixes the rattle" and they will vote no. Or they havent really put their car to the test. If I keep the radio at a decent volume its low enough that my doors dont rattle, and loud enough to drown out the rattles in my window and sunroof. If i didnt know any better I would vote no. I challeneg anyone to bring me there rattle free car and I guarentee I will show you a rattle in it

I drive with NO stero sometimes - NO RATTLES. And people I hope it is a typo, but the misue of the word "their" as posessive and the word "there" as "where something is " is awfullly prevalent here - product of government schooling??? LOL
Old 07-08-2004, 08:10 AM
5th Gear

Yes, both front windows rattle. They rattle when I go over a bump, and they rattle when the bass is high on the stereo. I can push my finger up against the closed window and the rattle will stop, until I take my finger off the window of course. Drives me crazy. Anyone had any luck getting the dealer to fix these rattles?
Old 07-08-2004, 09:11 AM
Race Director

Received 627 Likes on 505 Posts
I just noticed that this thread was started by the long gone illustrious poster.
Old 07-18-2004, 01:48 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by txpyro
The only rattle I have is in the passenger door. I hear it with the stereo playing and while traveling on some of the ruff paved TX highways. I can sometimes reach across and push on various parts of the passenger door to quite the buzzing.

The dealer said that the fix is to install an in-line bass reducer for the front speakers. I don't see how this solves the noise I hear when I am driving and I doubt it would improve an already above avg stereo. I'm going to give them one more chance before I fix the problem.

Everything else with the car is great!

hmm, that's the same exact problem I'm having but I don't know if I want them doing that--it was free right?
Old 07-23-2004, 06:50 AM
Intermediate

Same here, I've only had the car two weeks (bought it on 7/6) and a week after I bought the car, somewhere in the passenger side dash it started to rattle. Now there seems to be a rattle somewhere in the b pillar. My wifes 2002 civic doesnt even rattle like this (although it barely has any sound deadening material it seems). Its not serious, but it bugs the hell out of me that a 2 week old car would rattle already. maybe the car I got is just a dud, because I'm also having some leather issue that the dealer is taking care of.
Old 07-23-2004, 10:37 PM
Advanced

I have squeeks from the driver window (I think caused by the rubber that holds up the winshield when its u) Fix* I just lowered the window just a little enough that its not pushing against the upper rubber and the ignoring sound seems to go away.

I also have some squeeks coming from the dash to the right side of the passenger. somedays I hear it somedays I dont.

thats all I have =][
Old 07-28-2004, 02:58 PM
Faster, please.

I have no "rattles" per se, but I am experiencing a unique problem that made me vote yes in the poll. Maybe someone else also has this, I didn't take the time to read through 8 pages of peoples' rattling troubles.

About 2 weeks after I bought my car I made a U-turn. About mid-turn I hit the slight curb to a business entrance (not the big curb, but the little 1" or so concrete piece) and the windshield made a popping noise. It almost sounded like the seal of the windshield dislodging from the pillars. Ever since it is fine until I hit a select bump in the road which then makes it "rattle" over every bump thereafter.

Anyone else have this? Is it worth taking to the dealer even though it only continues on rare occasions?
Old 08-01-2004, 09:51 AM
2nd Gear

I have a rattling sound in the undercarriage or so it appears. Just recently heard after a dealer visit for oil change. On another car a similar rattle was the heat shield, but that was after 10's of thousands of miles. This TSX has 9700 miles on it. I hate going to the dealer, it far away from home.
Old 08-02-2004, 11:03 PM
Mr. Karma

Just an interesting point... I was at an Acura dealership (not my normal one) and mentioned the rattle issues, and he said "I haven't heard anything about it, but I'll talk to the service departemnt."

Typical, eh?
Old 08-03-2004, 10:07 AM
5th Gear

Dash rattle

Going to the dealer to get the creak in the dash at the windshield fixed. Was told saw this problem before. Is calling in a glass co, to pull and rebed the windshield. I am a bit nervous, I hope it does not leak. Selling dealer, Davis Acura, Langhorne, PA
Old 08-04-2004, 01:07 PM
1st Gear

TSX just broke 1k. Rattles

I didn't think much about these rattles until reaching this message board.

I have heard rattles in the following places:

undercarriage in the front, drivers side
behind passenger side wheel spoiler
rear bumper

(all of the above were detected when I was using the buffer to take the wax off)

I also have been told that there sounds like a metallic rattle sound (sort of like a loose exhaust pipe) I have only heard it once but a few of my neighbors have told me about it.

Only other 'rattle' is in the driver's window when opening or closing.
Old 08-05-2004, 10:28 PM
Cruisin'

Yes
Old 08-06-2004, 10:01 AM
ric
Safety Car

no rattles yet; just 3,000 miles on the car, but on all road surfaces. Car sounds deadquiet on good asphalt roads
Old 08-09-2004, 05:58 PM
Cruisin'

Rattles Poll

I picked up my new CG Auto, non-Navi TSX on July 9 and so far I've experienced no rattles whatsoever.
Old 08-19-2004, 05:48 PM
Cruisin'

No Rattles?

After posting that I had experienced no rattles after 1,500? miles, my first rattle/squeak appeared just the other day at about 2,000 miles. It appears to be coming from the driver's side dash area, but only when cold (ambient temps below 70 degrees). Based on the sound, I would guess that it's a plastic to plastic creaking noise, but it's very hard to diagnose as it sounds only over irregular surfices, etc. Anyone else experience this same creaking sound?
Old 08-19-2004, 08:53 PM
Christopher C

550 Miles And Nothing Yet
Old 08-19-2004, 08:54 PM
Christopher C

Hey Doesnt The Waranty Cover Rattles?
Old 08-22-2004, 05:08 AM
Faster, please.

The driver's side dash rattle just started for me last night. I'm taking it to the dealer this Fri. to have the oil changed and will address the rattles issue with them then.
Old 08-23-2004, 05:47 PM
Go Giants

Received 1,233 Likes on 823 Posts
Thought I had a rattle, but it turned out to be the baby car seat in the back. Very happy now.
Old 09-11-2004, 03:04 AM
Cruisin'

YES!! '04 Silver w/nav 7,000miles

Sunroof rattles, more noticeable w/ sunshade open
Contant bird-chirp like squeak from rear suspension over any slight bump or dip in road, but only after it "warms up" after driving 15-20 miles
Intermittent rattle over and behind my head
Rattle in passenger seat backrest
Various intermittent rattles around high in dash
Various intermittent rattles around center console

As a test I took ALL loose personal items out of car (CD's, cups, cell phone charger, tire gauge, etc.) just to see if it was my fault, but... no change. I then took out the owner's manual from the glove box and even the foam tool carrier and spare tire from the trunk, but again... no change. My 11 year old Lexus trade-in with 90,000+ miles had fewer noises!!!

The only thing I don't seem to have are the much reported door noises, but judging by the service bulletins and the included VIN #'s maybe they fixed that before my car was produced. I purchased mine in June of '04.
Old 09-15-2004, 10:23 PM
That blowed up real good!

No more rattles since I welded the doors shut. Yeeeee-haaa!!

I figure, if it's a Honda, there's two things you're guaranteed:
1) A bullet-proof engine good for 300K km
2) Some body noise
Old 10-06-2005, 05:02 AM
1st Gear

How to reproduce the door rattles 100% of the time!

My AccordEuro has all the same problems as the TSXs listed here. Despite Honda flatly denying the problems exist, I can reproduce the door rattles 100% of the time. I noticed that they also buzz when a WRX with low rumbly exhaust drives past. This made me think that it must be resonating at a low frequency so I created a Test Tone CD. It contains many tracks, with each track consisting of a tone of a given frequency. Track 1 = 10Hz, track 2= 20Hz, etc. When I play it, my doors buzz loudly around 100Hz but not above and not below. The buzzing noise is exactly the same noise I get under normal driving conditions without the CD assistance. It's not the speakers vibrating because I can feel the door trim vibrating and pressing on the trim stops the buzz. I've even turned on the CD when the doors are buzzing of their own accord, and the extra energy from the CD simply magnifies the noise. It doesn't shift location or sound any different, just louder (a function of the volume).

Note, my car has been back to Honda 15 times (20 months old), for a total of 29 days in the shop. Unfortunately it seems to have just about every problem mentioned on these pages. Despite many attempts they just can't fix the rattles, even given the above info. They refuse to even try to fix the car, and have advised me that if I don't like it, I should sell it! What disgraceful behaviour?! So much for their slogan "isn't it nice when things just work". I hope this info is of benefit to those of you that are going to try and stick it out; I'm going to vote with my feet and never buy another Honda again!!!
Old 10-06-2005, 09:39 AM
User Awaiting Email Confirmation

Sunroof visor ... when open... rattle. Closed .. no rattle
Old 10-06-2005, 09:07 PM
Intermediate

Creaking clutch pedal and popping A pillar here.
Old 10-07-2005, 01:40 AM
C'mon, man! Row yer own.

Sunroof a little, A-pillar a little.

Quick Reply: Let's finally have a RATTLES poll