How to reattach trim panel along drivers' side door??

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2005, 10:42 PM
Someone stole "My Garage"

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts
How to reattach trim panel along drivers' side door??

I bought my '04 TSX used, and was wondering how I'd reattach the trim panel that runs along the drivers' side bottom of the door sill (near where the gas/trunk lever is -- the plastic piece that comes up and over the door sill).

The very front portion is not attached, and by pulling it back I see there is a clip of some sort (horizontal).

However, I try pushing, contorting, and shifting it every which way, and cannot get it to lock into place like it should be. The front part is always 1/4" to 1/2" above where it should be (not clipped in).

Anyone know how to clip this last part in? Or how these clips work??

Thanks!
~Eric
Old 07-29-2005, 07:11 AM

Anyone?????
Old 07-29-2005, 10:12 AM
Team Owner

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I don't know.
Old 07-29-2005, 10:32 AM

Originally Posted by jlukja
I don't know.
Apology not accepted.

<soup nazi>"Trout slap for you! :troutslap"</soup nazi>

Old 07-29-2005, 10:34 AM
Team Owner

Originally Posted by curls
Apology not accepted.

<soup nazi>"Trout slap for you! :troutslap"</soup nazi>

Maybe someone can scan the pertinent pages of the Helms manual? I don't have one else I would.
Old 07-29-2005, 10:40 AM

That would be great if someone could!

(And no need to mope jlukja... the trout had it worse than you!).

~Eric
Old 07-29-2005, 11:01 AM
Team Owner

Eric,
Try looking here: AcuraParts247
They have part diagrams. No instructions on how to take apart or put back together but at least threre are diagrams of what goes where. Hope it helps.
Old 07-29-2005, 11:12 AM
She said: it's GINORMOUS!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
i'd do it but i'm at work. can do it tonight or tomorrow.
Old 07-29-2005, 11:20 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
pics, no words
Old 07-29-2005, 12:02 PM
Rep'n Taxbrain.com

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Are you talking about the bottom edge of the front door?

That's actually pretty easy to snap back into place. I took mine off last night when I installed my Pioneer Ipod adapter. It is all held in by clips. There are horizontal clips that you must slide into place before the connectors will pop the rest of the clips into place. These are located at the front and back ends of the trim, on the right side.

Stand on the outside of the car and slide the horizontal clip on the front right corner into place. You have to slide it down and kind of at and angle. If you clip it right, you'll be able to feel it slide in and it will sit flush with the rest of the trim. This should allow you to push down the rest of the round plastic type clips that hold the trim in place.

If it still does not fit snugly, you probably have some wires that are not tucked all the way in. If so, lift the trim up and push the wires together and center them.

Despite my long ass instructions, it's actually a lot easier than it sounds
Old 07-29-2005, 12:12 PM
Team Owner

Originally Posted by Tsx536

That's actually pretty easy to snap back into place. I took mine off last night when I installed my Pioneer Ipod adapter. It is all held in by clips. There are horizontal clips that you must slide into place before the connectors will pop the rest of the clips into place. These are located at the front and back ends of the trim, on the right side.

Stand on the outside of the car and slide the horizontal clip on the front right corner into place. You have to slide it down and kind of at and angle. If you clip it right, you'll be able to feel it slide in and it will sit flush with the rest of the trim. This should allow you to push down the rest of the round plastic type clips that hold the trim in place.

If it still does not fit snugly, you probably have some wires that are not tucked all the way in. If so, lift the trim up and push the wires together and center them.

Nice, but

Old 07-29-2005, 12:28 PM
Rep'n Taxbrain.com

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by jlukja
Nice, but

Hmmm...I'm sitting here at my desk at work. My car is waaaaaaayyyyyyy outside. Sounds like too much effort.
Old 07-29-2005, 12:31 PM

Originally Posted by Tsx536

Yes, the door sill (the plastic trim that goes from the carpet, up over the hump and finishes next to the ACURA metal trim... runs from front to back of the door opening.

I think the previous owner had it off for some reason (also noticed an aftermarket toggle switch next to the VSA button... one of the wires is connected to the power adapter in the "not an ashtray" area, and I can't see the other wire(s)). I suspect that he had non-stock speakers and an amp in his car and didn't reattach this panel correctly.

Only the front two clips are not in place, but I've tried mangling the panel and cannot get it to clip back in at all!

Will try with your instructions but pics would be supremo.

Thanks!
~Eric