Dealer has new TSB for seat shifting (when braking)

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2005, 06:41 PM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down Dealer has new TSB for seat shifting (when braking)

Went to the dealer today for an oil change and I mentioned that I had a creaking/clicking noise from the driver side window piller and that I knew there was a TSB for this problem (he said he didn't know about this one) and I also wanted to have the seat shifting problem noted again on another work order. He checked their system and found the window piller TSB and said there was one also issued to deal with the driver seat shifting.
He told me he would have to order the parts for the seat problem but would correct the piller noise.
He called me a few hours later and said they had a problem...... the technician followed the instructions on the TSB but when prying up on the window trim "with a flat headed screw driver" he cracked the windshield.
The crack starts at the left edge and runs horizontally across my line of vision to about 2 inches to the right of the instrument cluster center point..........it will take them until Tuesday to get a replacement one delivered.

:silvermad
Old 04-28-2005, 08:08 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
damn that is jacked up, you should tell them for wasting your time to compensate you with something? Maybe a free oil change at the least or get some accy for your ride. BTW the tech should get this :troutslap
Old 04-28-2005, 08:10 PM
Moderator Alumnus

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by SPARKIE
Went to the dealer today for an oil change and I mentioned that I had a creaking/clicking noise from the driver side window piller and that I knew there was a TSB for this problem (he said he didn't know about this one) and I also wanted to have the seat shifting problem noted again on another work order. He checked their system and found the window piller TSB and said there was one also issued to deal with the driver seat shifting.
He told me he would have to order the parts for the seat problem but would correct the piller noise.
He called me a few hours later and said they had a problem...... the technician followed the instructions on the TSB but when prying up on the window trim "with a flat headed screw driver" he cracked the windshield.
The crack starts at the left edge and runs horizontally across my line of vision to about 2 inches to the right of the instrument cluster center point..........it will take them until Tuesday to get a replacement one delivered.

Really!?!

Please get the TSB number and scan a copy if you can so we can post it on here.

I never was able to get mine fixed. I'd love it if that was possible.
Old 04-29-2005, 11:21 AM
TSX User

It's actually a blessing in diguise; wish I could get my dirty/chipped windshield replaced.
Old 04-29-2005, 12:02 PM
such a dirty birdy

My car is in at the dealer today getting the sliding seat problem fixed (again!). I wonder if the dealer knows about this. They never mentioned a TSB for it. I've had the seat base, track/rails and seat back replaced so far. Today is another replacement of the track. Parts were described as "track & bushings" on the WO.
Old 04-29-2005, 01:45 PM
04 remembrance

That's great news! I actually noticed my seats slipping a bit as well.

Tell us what the TSB is.
Old 04-29-2005, 03:30 PM
Moderator Alumnus

Originally Posted by majormojo
My car is in at the dealer today getting the sliding seat problem fixed (again!). I wonder if the dealer knows about this. They never mentioned a TSB for it. I've had the seat base, track/rails and seat back replaced so far. Today is another replacement of the track. Parts were described as "track & bushings" on the WO.
Hey Mojo! Long time no see. Good to have you back with us!

Whaddup in your neck of the woods?
Old 04-29-2005, 04:08 PM
Photography Nerd

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by sauceman
Hey Mojo! Long time no see. Good to have you back with us!

Whaddup in your neck of the woods?

Did you ever get your car cleaned up?
Old 04-29-2005, 07:58 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by sauceman
Really!?!

Please get the TSB number and scan a copy if you can so we can post it on here.

I never was able to get mine fixed. I'd love it if that was possible.
Once they call me to say the seat parts and windshield are in, I'll take my car in for the work and ask for a copy of the TSB. I don't have a scanner but I'll get someone to do it for me. Once it's scanned do I email it to a moderator? What's the best way to make this work?
Old 04-29-2005, 08:46 PM
Photography Nerd

You can email it to me if you'd like. Check your PM for my address.
Old 04-29-2005, 10:47 PM
o-qua tangin wann

shit so many of these problems i thought were just mee

time to get my seat fixed
Old 04-29-2005, 11:22 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
The car should come with no problems. Whats up Honda? My accord coupe EX V6 2001 drivers seat slides when I take a turn to fast. Its like a i'm on a swivel chair. Cheap POS! But I got used it. I know if I take a hard left and I slide all I have to do is take a hard right and be back at start!
Old 04-30-2005, 06:39 AM
Moderator Alumnus

Originally Posted by Powered by Honda
I know if I take a hard left and I slide all I have to do is take a hard right and be back at start!
That's the spirit!
Old 04-30-2005, 07:59 AM
Intermediate

I have the "sliding" driver's seat also. Dealer is replacing the seat rails, but didn't specifically mention any tsb. When the parts come in and they do the work (week or two) I'll ask and see if I can get a copy here also.
Old 05-06-2005, 05:47 PM
Cruisin'

Since I work for an Acura dealer I checked with my service dept. there is I repeat is no TSB for a sliding seat on the TSX if there is one provide the # . We get a lot of made up bulletins from customers on various web boards so just to let you all know this one is false.
Old 05-06-2005, 06:06 PM
i want to ride my bicycle

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts
Originally Posted by asenna88
Since I work for an Acura dealer I checked with my service dept. there is I repeat is no TSB for a sliding seat on the TSX if there is one provide the # . We get a lot of made up bulletins from customers on various web boards so just to let you all know this one is false.
well there should be one...the sliding seat is a PITA!
Old 05-07-2005, 06:18 AM
Instructor

Exclamation

Originally Posted by asenna88
There is a Service Bulletin. # IX-3-05 issued March 23, 2005. It was my dealer that informed me of the bulletin. Could it only be issued in Canada???? I got a copy but need to find someone that scan it to jpeg or adobe.
Old 05-07-2005, 06:43 AM
Instructor

Service Bulletin applies to ALL 2004 TSX

Sorry- I forgot to mention that the Service Bulletin applies to 2004 TSX only.
Old 05-07-2005, 09:55 AM
Photography Nerd

Sparkie, you could just take a picture of it if you have a digicam. It won't be as good as a scan but it might be good enough.
Old 05-07-2005, 01:30 PM
Cruisin'

Ok I've checked all bulletins for 04 & 05 TSX and there are no U.S. SB's regarding the seat problem it could be Canada only but I'm unable to check those bulletins. The # you provided is not used in U.S. so that seems to be the only answer. Does this problem seem isolated to the 04 ? , we have'nt had any customers come in with this particular complaint yet nor is my 05 TSX afflicted with it.
Old 05-09-2005, 12:18 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My seats are fine no sliding, can't say the same for my 2000 Accord that had that issue.
Old 06-02-2005, 06:35 PM
Advanced

Please provide copy/scan of your service bulletin! I talked about this problem a year or so ago in this forum when I first got my TSX.
Old 06-02-2005, 07:15 PM
Master in Science

I had the shifting seat problem. The dealer in Kearny Mesa fixed it on the first try. 10,000 miles earlier, the dealer in Carlsbad said it was "normal". I can't stand poor service!!
Old 06-03-2005, 03:37 AM
i want to ride my bicycle

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts
Originally Posted by slo007
I had the shifting seat problem. The dealer in Kearny Mesa fixed it on the first try. 10,000 miles earlier, the dealer in Carlsbad said it was "normal". I can't stand poor service!!
did the replace the seat rails to fix it?
Old 08-11-2005, 12:33 PM
Someone stole "My Garage"

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts
Bringing this post back from the dead:

Just talked with my service advisor about this problem (2004, Canadian). He says that there is a TSB for it (IX-3-05), but they have to do diagnosis on it first, as there are 2 VERY SIMILAR problems that require different fixes.

1. Seat bushings. Rocking and/or sliding on the pivot points. (I think this refers to the pivot points that tile the seat bottom forward/backward - the bushing has play which will be fixed with a new bushing).

2. Seat base. Sliding forward (the entire seat + base, not just the seat). No side-to-side or front-to-back rocking. New seat base has a new part number, so its updated (fixed).

I'll be bringing my car in on Wednesday, and although I'm out of warranty (over 60,000km), the advisor gave me a few ways to try and get this covered as best as possible (Honda Canada Customer Service number + specific steps and things to say to at least get the parts covered, which is $750 of the $850 total for the job).

Cheers, and I hope this helps people out!
~Eric
Old 08-11-2005, 04:56 PM
Tech

Originally Posted by SPARKIE
...... the technician followed the instructions on the TSB but when prying up on the window trim "with a flat headed screw driver" he cracked the windshield.

This is why I suggest leaving things alone and live with it. The seat shifting definitely fix....but little things like rattles, noises etc.....I would live with and forget about it. Getting it fixed could potentially cause more problems. I rather live with a creak than have my windshield replaced. I rather live with a door rattle rather than have them break all my door panel clips and not tell me.
Haha, I didn't even go to Acura for the taillight recall, I got a copy of the TSB and did it myself. I dont trust anyone working on my car but me.

Being a tech myself, I know.

Are techs gonna take their time to make sure its done perfectly? NO. (especially when it comes to warrenty work.)
Do techs treat a customers car with the care and delicacy we treat our own? NO.
If we break something are we gonna try our best to hide it? YES.
Are we all humans and make mistakes? YES.
Old 10-06-2005, 04:02 PM
Burning Brakes