06 TSX Memory Seats not working

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2006, 11:09 PM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
06 TSX Memory Seats not working

I hav started noticing that my new 06 TSX Memory seats are not working. The seats adjustments are fine and all those buttons work but when I open the car I never see the "welcome Driver 1" any more untill I put the Key in the iginition. I did see it before since I had owned the car. Also there are no lights at either of the memory locations. I went through the manual and went to defautl all for the settings and that did nothing.

The only think I can think of is when I had new speakers installed they must have messed with it. Is there a certain plug or something on the driver side that could cause this? I was going to have best buy check it out before I went to the dealer (the car is still under warrenty)

I would appreciate any advice or additional info
Old 12-12-2006, 11:18 PM
06 GBM AT TSX + 35% TINT

i think you should link your key to the car. if I'mcorrect, you have to hold on to lock and unlock key for few seconds.
Old 12-12-2006, 11:18 PM
This space taken.

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I've never gone through the trouble of programming the driver settings (I'm the only one who drives it), but I did think that my memory seats weren't working for a few days. Come to find out, I just wasn't holding the seat button down long enough when I was trying to go back to a saved position.

Unfortunately that doesn't sound like your problem, but didn't want you to feel as stupid as I did.

Let us know how it turns out.
Old 12-12-2006, 11:19 PM
06 GBM AT TSX + 35% TINT

oh btw, memory seat only works when you put your gear in P automatic. Not sure about MT
Old 12-12-2006, 11:25 PM
Instructor

I have an AT and and the seat would adjust went you open the door after unlocking the car

how do you link the key again?
Old 12-12-2006, 11:47 PM
Advanced

did you unplug your battery when you installed those speakers? if so you probably have to reprogram the seats and your remote
Old 12-13-2006, 03:20 AM
06 GBM AT TSX + 35% TINT

Originally Posted by rmjames007
I have an AT and and the seat would adjust went you open the door after unlocking the car

how do you link the key again?
if you look on your key fob remote, it has tiny writings thatl tell you how to link the key to memory seat.
Old 12-13-2006, 05:19 AM
06 GBM AT TSX + 35% TINT

I hav started noticing that my new 06 TSX Memory seats are not working. The seats adjustments are fine and all those buttons work but when I open the car I never see the "welcome Driver 1" any more untill I put the Key in the iginition. I did see it before since I had owned the car. Also there are no lights at either of the memory locations. I went through the manual and went to defautl all for the settings and that did nothing.

The only think I can think of is when I had new speakers installed they must have messed with it. Is there a certain plug or something on the driver side that could cause this? I was going to have best buy check it out before I went to the dealer (the car is still under warrenty)

I just realized, mine does the samething. It only says "WELCOME" when you open the door and insert the key. They it says "welcome driver 1 " when I turn the key over to II

so that is totally normal
Old 12-13-2006, 06:35 AM
Pro

If you're in an MT you can change the seat location by holding down the memory seat button. The only other way to change it is to come to a stop and then press it. I noticed that if the position you want to change to is close to where you are it barely moves.
Old 12-13-2006, 10:56 AM
08 MDX with Sports

lol your TSX says welcome? yeah.. I have 2004 old technology~
Old 12-13-2006, 02:43 PM
06 GBM AT TSX + 35% TINT

Originally Posted by Newplay1
lol your TSX says welcome? yeah.. I have 2004 old technology~
yeah it also says "good bye" probably more polite than people these days
Old 12-13-2006, 06:49 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by gtg710w
I just realized, mine does the samething. It only says "WELCOME" when you open the door and insert the key. They it says "welcome driver 1 " when I turn the key over to II

so that is totally normal
GTG710W
Does your car seat adjust when you open it?

Actually I think something is wrong. If you look on page 69 (for '06 AT) for "normal display Message" it says that when you open the door with the transmitter you are supposed to see "Welcome Driver X"

If you look on page 132 it says first thing that when you unlock the door the seat is supposed to set itself and then beep twice.

has anyone else see this issue?

Can anyone tell me if there is a connection to the memory buttons to the door?
Old 12-13-2006, 10:22 PM
06 GBM AT TSX + 35% TINT

GTG710W
Does your car seat adjust when you open it?

Actually I think something is wrong. If you look on page 69 (for '06 AT) for "normal display Message" it says that when you open the door with the transmitter you are supposed to see "Welcome Driver X"

If you look on page 132 it says first thing that when you unlock the door the seat is supposed to set itself and then beep twice.

has anyone else see this issue?

Can anyone tell me if there is a connection to the memory buttons to the door?
well since I am the only driver, my seat is usually at the same position, but if the seat is in different position, it does move when I open the door and beeps. I guess the logic here is that If it does not need to move, it does not beep. But saying "welcome driver x" before you insert the key, I wouldnt worry too much about, in my case it says only "welcome" before i insert the key. This could be a minor mistake they made on a manual?
Old 12-15-2006, 10:47 AM
Instructor

Ok So I do think I am going to have to take it to the deal cause mine is not moving and beeping when I unlock and open the door. I know I had linked the keys before. I am the only driver of the car usually. So Its not a terrible big deal. I may wait until another warrenty issue comes up and take care of them both then
Old 12-15-2006, 06:31 PM
Instructor

Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts
Ok So I do think I am going to have to take it to the deal cause mine is not moving and beeping when I unlock and open the door. I know I had linked the keys before. I am the only driver of the car usually. So Its not a terrible big deal. I may wait until another warrenty issue comes up and take care of them both then

I didn't see you make the statement that you linked the keyfob or not. So did you press and unlock at the same time? Two quick LED flashes means you unlinked and one long blink means it is now linked and you should see "Welcome Driver 1".
Old 12-18-2006, 10:08 AM
Instructor

Yes I had done the linking process with the key fob before to get it working in the first place
Old 11-17-2007, 12:08 PM
Instructor

Not sure if anyone is still having this problem, but i had it also. took it to the dealer and they said they might have to replace the relay. i was thinking about it at home that night, then got a wild idea and decided to try it out. Turns out this problem is due to disconnecting the battery. but you can't just link the driver remote. you have to link all the remotes 1 after another. that is the only way to make the memory seats working again. If you also unlink the passenger remote this feature will stop working also. Hope this helps.
Old 11-17-2007, 02:22 PM
Professional Newbie

Welcome to '04. Get your seat into a position you like and don't let anybody else drive it, that's the way I do it.
Old 11-17-2007, 04:50 PM
1st Gear

I just got my 2006 TSX a few days ago and I have a question about the memory seats. They gave us two remotes with the keys and both of them have a number 2 on the back. The one has always said "Welcome Driver 2" when you use it and I tried linking the other (by holding the lock and unlock button) and it also says "Welcome Driver 2". In order to use the other memory position, would I have to get a number 1 remote? I tried talking to the service department at the dealer and they said I have to come in and they will reprogram something. I'm not sure the guy understood what I was talking about because could they ever reprogram a number 2 remote to take the driver 1 memory position?
Old 11-17-2007, 11:07 PM
Pro

Originally Posted by Orion5289
I just got my 2006 TSX a few days ago and I have a question about the memory seats. They gave us two remotes with the keys and both of them have a number 2 on the back. The one has always said "Welcome Driver 2" when you use it and I tried linking the other (by holding the lock and unlock button) and it also says "Welcome Driver 2". In order to use the other memory position, would I have to get a number 1 remote? I tried talking to the service department at the dealer and they said I have to come in and they will reprogram something. I'm not sure the guy understood what I was talking about because could they ever reprogram a number 2 remote to take the driver 1 memory position?
Remotes with a "1" stamped on the back emit an "I am driver #1" signal, and the remotes with a "2" stamped on the back say "I am driver #2". You can't reprogram. You should have been given a remote with a "1" on the back, not two "2"s.
Old 11-19-2007, 12:06 PM
Make a hole, coming thru!

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts
Is it hard-coded, or can it be reprorammed? When you buy a replacement remote, I don't think you have to order a "#1" or a "#2," the sticker stimply identifies which "driver" it's programmed as. Someone correct me if I'm wrong....
Old 11-19-2007, 12:22 PM
Pro

Originally Posted by davidspalding
Is it hard-coded, or can it be reprorammed? When you buy a replacement remote, I don't think you have to order a "#1" or a "#2," the sticker stimply identifies which "driver" it's programmed as. Someone correct me if I'm wrong....

Actually, it is, and you do.

I did the TL switchblade mod, and the new fob has the number (as well as other graphics) laser etched onto the back cover. The Driver 2 fob also costs a ton more to purchase (likely due to lower demand, therefore smaller quantities). I doubt either of those would be true if it was just a matter of moving a few dip switches, or pressing a few button combinations to change the setting.
Old 11-19-2007, 01:09 PM

Red face I stand ... cor-rec-ted

I'm guessing instead of something switchable (which would cost a wee bit more in parts), it's hard coded with a specific chip. Ironic then, that to save money they make a fob which costs more than the other.
Old 12-04-2007, 02:54 PM
Intermediate

I didn't even know about this. Mine always says "welcome" and that's it.

Now when the girlfriend drives my car I won't have to worry about smashing my head on the way in (5'3" vs 6'1").

Thanks!
Old 12-04-2007, 05:02 PM

Originally Posted by Egotist
I didn't even know about this. Mine always says "welcome" and that's it. ...
Read manual ... memory position link may be off (p. 104) ... or the fob's system activation may be off (p. 133.) Make sure she's using one fob and you're using t'other.
Old 12-05-2007, 01:53 AM
Instructor

so my seats stopped working again. I tried my trick and now nothing happens. It worked last time, guess I will keep trying it.
Old 12-05-2007, 01:04 PM
6th Gear

i think ur problem is that maybe the dealer or someone disconnected ur battery and reset the memory on the computer. check the computer in ur dash between ur gauges buy holding down the info or select button on ur stearing wheel.(the lower right buttons) and then just play with the settings. you should be able to find it.
Old 12-06-2007, 07:02 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 1,012 Likes on 567 Posts
There is a selection in the menu called 'driver position link' or something like that. This needs to be 'On"
Old 12-06-2007, 07:21 PM
Old Guy

Received 161 Likes on 141 Posts

Looks like I'm the only one that thinks the problem probably lies with the speaker work you had done. The clue is the lack of button illumination. That probably indicates that there's no power going to the switch. I'd go back to your speaker installer and ask them to check it out.
Old 12-07-2007, 04:33 AM
Instructor

I'm not too sure on it being caused by speaker install. I have not changed my speakers and my light on the memory seat panel do not come on. I think it has to do with a relay under the dash. When I put my key in, the car just says welcome. And when I try to go into menu mode I get a error saying cannot setup, driver unknown.
Old 12-07-2007, 09:13 AM

Originally Posted by Simba91102
I did see it before since I had owned the car. Also there are no lights at either of the memory locations. I went through the manual and went to defautl all for the settings and that did nothing. ... The only think I can think of is when I had new speakers installed they must have messed with it.
Looks like I'm the only one that thinks the problem probably lies with the speaker work you had done [at Best Buy]. The clue is the lack of button illumination. That probably indicates that there's no power going to the switch. I'd go back to your speaker installer and ask them to check it out.
I totally overlooked that, Simba. Good catch.

BTW, rmjames007, you won't have either memory 1 or memory 2 button indicator lights lit if you change the settings from the saved settings. The test would be to press either and let the chair restore that position. On my '07, the green button indicator lights only when left in the saved position. (Apologies if this was covered previously and I've forgotten.) Another test ... at night, with parking lights on, do any of the memory seat buttons light up (backlighting)?

Wickedfx ... are you confusing Simba's reply to RMjames007 as a reply to you? Your indications sound like your key fob is not linked, you're describing the normal indication I get when the fob is unlinked and I try to set driver settings.
Old 12-07-2007, 01:00 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 1,012 Likes on 567 Posts
I was under the belief that the "Welcome Driver 1"wasn't showing either. I can't imagine that this would be affected by the plug in the door being undone after a speaker install.