Why Why Why Wtf Why

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2006, 01:27 PM
send me a link to JDM??

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Black_6spd
I had a feeling the owner or friend of the owner would see this...

I hope the owner see this... his friends obviously arn't going to tell him the truth... someone needs too.
Old 02-10-2006, 01:49 PM
Just dial 1911

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Ok, rant time...

You know, this whole argument about "Well, thats the way he wants to mod his car because thats the way he likes it" is BS. Most people mod their car for a number of reasons, but mainly for performance and/or looks. If people didnt care about what others thought about their mods, then why so many pictures out there for everyone to look at? Why so many "Hey guys, what do you think of this?" And if anything, throwing on usless badges says to me "Hey! Look at my car and read these badges", thus attracting more attention from the everyday driver. Tell me thats not modding for attention...

Personally, I've debadged because I like the way it looks and I think a lot of people agree with it. Now, there are a few out there that hate debadging, and thats fine. And conversely, I dont mind seeing cars with the badges because thats what came from the factory. Same with the EuroR badge conversions. Almost all of the conversions I've seen were tastefully done and matched what you would see on that version of that car. Bottom line, there is a general perception out there about what looks good and what dosent. Just because you "buck the trend", that dosent make it right.

The reason we have this forum is to get information. There is a right way and a wrong way to mod. Period. I think if you have the basics down, the the skys the limit with regards to rims, suspension, body kits, etc...

Finally, if you dont want or cant take negative opinions, then STOP taking pictures of your car and posting them on forums. This thread is a bit different since someone else posted this for him, but I've seen it too many times when someone posts a pic, asks "Hey guys, what do you think", people give honest opinions that are negative, and then we get a post of "I dont care what you guys think" wtf?
Old 02-10-2006, 03:48 PM
ABP TSX

Originally Posted by tigerfan85
leave the guy alone, his car is unique and no one else on this planet has one that looks like it, can you say that bout your car?
Unique
The best vocabulary to give criticism negatively without pissing off anybody.
Old 02-10-2006, 03:57 PM
Team Owner

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
^^

interesting, unusual, "don't see that every day", different.
Old 02-10-2006, 04:17 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by tigerfan85
leave the guy alone, his car is unique and no one else on this planet has one that looks like it, can you say that bout your car?
yeah as unique as his broken Chinglish i bet.
Old 02-10-2006, 06:42 PM
STi'd

Originally Posted by CCColtsicehockey
response to devils advocate. the reason it is ok for those that rebage JDM is atleast speaking for myself. I am rebadging to a exterior look that I wanted. If it had been available for purchase in the US that way I would have bought it. So I am just trying to get a model that honda decided to not sell in the United States.
That's pretty weak IMO. Afterall, we can all use that excuse including the guy with the tsx-r.

So the euro-r actually exists...so what...a tsx is still not a euro-r and it never will be no matter what JDM products you tack on.

I agree that the car is hideous, but he's getting ripped by a dude that sticks euro-r badges on his tsx. IMO, you're in the same league as him despite the fact that your car "looks" nicer according to the general consesus.
Old 02-10-2006, 07:14 PM
I am Ahab!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by JTso
What's the big deal that he doesn't dress up his car to your taste?
Originally Posted by Beoshingus
Yeah, rebadging your TSX as a "TSX-R" is way sillier than rebadging it as a "Euro-R." (*cough* CCColtsicehockey *cough*) Just another method of trying to convince passersby that you have something that you don't.

Originally Posted by gavinn58
That's pretty weak IMO. Afterall, we can all use that excuse including the guy with the tsx-r.

So the euro-r actually exists...so what...a tsx is still not a euro-r and it never will be no matter what JDM products you tack on.

I agree that the car is hideous, but he's getting ripped by a dude that sticks euro-r badges on his tsx. IMO, you're in the same league as him despite the fact that your car "looks" nicer according to the general consesus.

Originally Posted by joerockt
Ok, rant time...

You know, this whole argument about "Well, thats the way he wants to mod his car because thats the way he likes it" is BS. Most people mod their car for a number of reasons, but mainly for performance and/or looks. If people didnt care about what others thought about their mods, then why so many pictures out there for everyone to look at? Why so many "Hey guys, what do you think of this?" And if anything, throwing on usless badges says to me "Hey! Look at my car and read these badges", thus attracting more attention from the everyday driver. Tell me thats not modding for attention...

Personally, I've debadged because I like the way it looks and I think a lot of people agree with it.
You think people doing what they like is bs yet you debadged your care because it's what you like. Aren't you contradicting yourself there?
Old 02-10-2006, 09:19 PM
JDM whore in training

Old 02-10-2006, 09:22 PM
04 remembrance

That's pure nasty.
Old 02-10-2006, 10:01 PM
Drifting

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by joerockt
Ok, rant time...

Personally, I've debadged because I like the way it looks and I think a lot of people agree with it. Now, there are a few out there that hate debadging, and thats fine. And conversely, I dont mind seeing cars with the badges because thats what came from the factory. Same with the EuroR badge conversions. Almost all of the conversions I've seen were tastefully done and matched what you would see on that version of that car. Bottom line, there is a general perception out there about what looks good and what dosent. Just because you "buck the trend", that dosent make it right.

The reason we have this forum is to get information. There is a right way and a wrong way to mod. Period. I think if you have the basics down, the the skys the limit with regards to rims, suspension, body kits, etc...

Finally, if you dont want or cant take negative opinions, then STOP taking pictures of your car and posting them on forums. This thread is a bit different since someone else posted this for him, but I've seen it too many times when someone posts a pic, asks "Hey guys, what do you think", people give honest opinions that are negative, and then we get a post of "I dont care what you guys think" wtf?
wow...well said... that's why i don't post pics of my car...
Old 02-11-2006, 11:31 AM

Originally Posted by Benz_05_TSX
wow...well said... that's why i don't post pics of my car...
hey benz got any pics of your car?
Old 02-11-2006, 12:39 PM
Regional Coordinator (Southeast)

Received 3,782 Likes on 2,552 Posts
Originally Posted by ILoveMyHonda
we did until the thread got deleted.
Old 02-11-2006, 01:15 PM
Safety Car

Received 168 Likes on 122 Posts
IMO, adding the "R" makes this guy look like someone who just doesn't know whats up. However, a guy with the Accord type-r badges DONE CORRECTLY seems to have a better grasp of what the TSX is; its history, its variants, etc. It may be judging a book by its cover, but it is my first impression. In this INSTANCE, there's enough plastic aerodynamic pieces on that TSX to shame a mid-90's Pontiac. Add the "R" in, and I see rice.
Old 02-11-2006, 01:31 PM
send me a link to JDM??

Originally Posted by CarbonGray Earl
IMO, adding the "R" makes this guy look like someone who just doesn't know whats up. However, a guy with the Accord type-r badges DONE CORRECTLY seems to have a better grasp of what the TSX is; its history, its variants, etc. It may be judging a book by its cover, but it is my first impression. In this INSTANCE, there's enough plastic aerodynamic pieces on that TSX to shame a mid-90's Pontiac. Add the "R" in, and I see rice.

Very well said.
Old 02-11-2006, 02:18 PM
Banned

meh that "R" is overrated
Old 02-11-2006, 08:59 PM
Drifting

You wanna see my Lambogini Ferrari AMG ///M TSX???
Old 02-11-2006, 09:00 PM
Drifting

we did until the thread got deleted.
Hahaha.... i was so sad that day...i guess people don't wanna see my car...
Old 02-11-2006, 10:08 PM

You wanna see my Lambogini Ferrari AMG ///M TSX???
Do I ?!?! Of course!
Old 02-11-2006, 10:09 PM

Hahaha.... i was so sad that day...i guess people don't wanna see my car...
that really happened? when was this?
Old 02-12-2006, 12:09 AM
Regional Coordinator (Southeast)

Received 3,782 Likes on 2,552 Posts
that really happened? when was this?
they deleted it cause we started talking about jdm stuff first which they were fine with but then we got pretty off topic.
Old 02-13-2006, 08:42 AM
Race Director

dosent look bad if he just took off the badges.
Old 02-13-2006, 02:09 PM
Drifting

they deleted it cause we started talking about jdm stuff first which they were fine with but then we got pretty off topic.
Which will happen to this thread if we all started talking crap again~

there's only so much JDM BS that we can talk! not much people came in and posted, i guess they were scared??
Old 02-19-2006, 12:06 AM
mmmmmm....

Received 95 Likes on 81 Posts
dont hate it on! Im not feeling it either but not worth bring it to the fourm and dissing on it. everyone has different taste and nothing wrong with that.