Wait is killing me

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2005 | 03:04 PM
Pro

Wait is killing me

I hate my luck. I ordred a CG/ebony navi TSX and my dealer was expecting in on Monday 1/31/05 according to his tracking report. Then Monday came and went with no car and the incoming date changed from 1/31/05 to 2/04/05. Now it's 2/05/05 and still no car and his tracking report still says 2/04/05. What gives? Like an idiot i purchased insurance and set the policy to start on 2/04/05 because my salesman was insisting the car was suppose to be in on that Friday. The weird thing is that the other cars that were expecting in on 2/04/05 made it to the dealer on 2/03/05. I wonder what is going on.
Old 02-05-2005 | 07:35 PM
4th Gear

don't believe it, go to curry acura in scarsdale, they just got 2 trucks in on 2/4/05, or go to their website, they have their inventory on the site, great customer service, and for everyone else, stay away from valley stream acura, scum bags!!
Old 02-05-2005 | 07:49 PM
Instructor

I'm in the same boat. Mine was scheduled to come in on 01/29 but the dealer stated that with the influx of freight for the Super Bowl there may be a delay of upto a week for delivery. The agreement we made stated that 10 days after the scheduled delivery date I would be able to get my deposit back. What pisses me off is that I have heard nothing from him. The one update I got was when I called him for a simple update. Today was day seven and I won't be calling again until its too late for him to save face. Another dealer has two of the exact car I want sitting on the lot but the more I think about it the more I'm considering moving up to a TL. Here's hoping I don't hear from him.
Old 02-05-2005 | 08:03 PM
I am Ahab!

mine was delayed about a week when I got it due to not having enough freight cars to ship it.
Old 02-07-2005 | 10:33 AM
Pro

The car is still not in. This is such a frustrating experience. The salesman told me that he was going to call me back right away and let me know if the ETA date has changed, but that was hours ago.
Old 02-07-2005 | 12:28 PM
Luke 1:37

This is exactly what I'm afraid of. They have my car listed to come in Mid March...I have a feeling that's not going to happen...I didn't negotiate delivery date refund of deposit either. I actually have to see if its refundable or not. If it is refundable, would I be able to get my deposit at any time?
Old 02-07-2005 | 12:51 PM
Instructor

Nothing here either. Not even an update or courtesy call. I saw they have an Abyss Blue/Camel TL NAV in their online inventory. In threatening to walk away with my $$ I may be able to leverage a good deal if my TSX isn't here by Wednesday.
Old 02-07-2005 | 01:05 PM
Instructor

I guess I was lucky ... I went into Montclair Acura last Saturday ... They had three coming in with nav. I picked one; got a lease agreement WITH A VIN number and put down a deposit; I got a call from them not a week later telling me my car was in.

Lucky !!
Old 02-07-2005 | 01:07 PM

Originally Posted by avenutolo
I guess I was lucky ... I went into Montclair Acura last Saturday ... They had three coming in with nav. I picked one; got a lease agreement WITH A VIN number and put down a deposit; I got a call from them not a week later telling me my car was in.

Lucky !!
That's one strange thing. They showed me a paper saying that if it wasn't on this paper, the vehicle wouldn't of been built. But supposedly since it was on this "paper" the car was already built and ready to be inspected and shipped out. It didn't have a VIN number yet, so who knows.
Old 02-07-2005 | 01:09 PM
Instructor

The dealer brought out THREE think strips of numbers ... like on a magnet. He said these were the TSXs coming in. One charcoal; ebony and silver. He said pick the color you want. I picked silver and then he took the number on the magnet and proceeding to write up the order.

Mind you, It was supposed to arrive tomorrow but it came in way way early.
Old 02-07-2005 | 01:17 PM
Instructor

Anyone know exactly when a car is given its VIN or how the process works? My car was to be delivered on 01/29 but I haven't been given a VIN or anything.
Old 02-07-2005 | 01:20 PM
Instructor

The VINS come from JAPAN ... They are all coded ( I THINK) according to where it was made; facorty location; color; specs ; etc ...

There's a thread somewhere about this ...
Old 02-07-2005 | 01:28 PM
Quattro in.....

Here is the link to the post about the VIN info: https://acurazine.com/forums/showpos...39&postcount=2

If the dealer has a date for a specific car coming in, he should have a VIN# for you. Otherwise there is nothing stopping the dealer from selling or swapping it out to another customer or dealer that is paying more money or requested a VIN# to close the deal.
Old 02-07-2005 | 01:40 PM
Instructor

Thanks for the info. I'm somewhat familiar with the VIN for the TSX (969=5AT NAV) but was curious to see when dealers actually received this info.
Old 02-07-2005 | 01:49 PM
Instructor

I got the bottom line is to make sure you get a VIN when yo put down a deposit...
Old 02-07-2005 | 03:09 PM
Pro

Angry

I believe the deposits are fully refundable as long as you didn't sign anything. I made deposits to three acura dealers by credit card so even if they try to be jerks about it, I'll just dispute it with my credit card company.

Anyway, my situation is more crazy than you think. I had originally put down a deposit with Park Ave Acura for a great price but the salesman gave me no vin # and stated that he would try to locate the vehicle from another dealer first. After waiting a few weeks, I decided to try another dealer. I contacted Montclair Acura and the salesman gave me a decent price with a vin # and incoming date of mid February....

A day later a salesman contacted me from Open Road Acura regarding a quote I had requested a week ago. I mentioned my deal with Montclair Acura, and he told me he will beat the price by $500, and he mentioned he has a vehicle coming in on 1/31/05. It was a done deal so he faxed me over a purchase order with the vin number. He asked me if I was going to finance or lease, and I told him that I am preapproved through my credit union. However, one stipulation of my credit union was that I would have to fax them over the purchase order so they can send me the check. In any event, the salesman was so sure that the vehicle was coming in that he wanted me to fax all the paperwork to my credit union so that i'll have the check by Monday.

I got the check from my credit union, and it is written out to me and the dealer with the vin number on it. In addition, I had to get insurance too, so I purchased insurance and set the policy to start on 2/04/05. The ETA of the vehicle changed from 1/31/05 to 2/04/05. Now 2/04/05 came and went and the car didn't arrive... so i'm sitting here with a check from my credit union and insurance for a car I don't even have yet. Meanwhile, payments for both are due next month.... I called the salesman this morning to find out the status of the vehicle. He mentioned he will check the tracking report and call me back... He never called me back.. I called him again and left him a voice mail and he didn't return my call yet. This is why i'm frustrated!
Old 02-07-2005 | 03:30 PM
Instructor

Wow, that sucks. I'm approved through a credit union as well but they just gave me a blank bank draft that I write out for upto what I was approved for. I have 90 days to fill it out or bring it back and I'm not obligated to use it.

Did the dealer already cash the check or are you holding on to it? Call you CU and tell them you don't have the car yet.
Old 02-07-2005 | 03:30 PM

This is why I can't trust salesman. Why can't they just be honest with us. I seriously wouldn't mind if it was a longer wait. All that matters is that what they tell me is the honest truth. I'd rather deal with someone who'll be straight up with me rather than someone who'll give me the work around just for a measly few hundred. At least I'll know what I'm getting into.
Old 02-07-2005 | 03:34 PM
Instructor

We had the exact same problem; the delivery date kept creeping up and up, day by day. Maddening!!!
We were told the reason for the delay was that Acura was prioritizing delivery of the RLs, at the expense of TSXs and RSXs.
Finally, two weeks later, our '05 ABP Auto non-nav was delivered.
Believe me, it'll be worth the wait! What a car!
Old 02-07-2005 | 03:36 PM
Pro

Yea guys. I've learned my lesson. I wish I would have stayed with Montclair Acura. I believe I would have had the car by now. Anyway, the dealer does not have the check. I have everything. But the CU maybe under the impression that I have the vehicle already, so I might have to call them. But i'm afraid that it would extremely delay my chances of getting the car. I am going to call the dealer again.
Old 02-07-2005 | 03:42 PM
Instructor

TSX Man ... can you get out of your deal?? Can you go back to Montclair?

Frank Cavallo is a wonderful salesman ... Old school. Not lookin to screw people over.
Old 02-07-2005 | 03:50 PM
Pro

Avenutolo, when I saw your post, that's what got me thinking about Monclair Acura. I'm pretty sure I can get out of the deal but I have all these arragements on my end with this specific vehicle/vin# with my credit union and insurance company. I just contacted the dealer and he mentioned the ETA changed to 2/7/05 so it is possible they will get it today if not tomorrow. I'll keep you guys posted.
Old 02-07-2005 | 03:55 PM
Instructor

Look ... my uncle is an insurance guy and believe me, EVERYTHING can be changed. It's just a matter of contacting them. My opinion? If you don't have your car by the end of the week or a VERY GOOD feeling from the dealer as to its arrival, I say do your best to get out. It's just a matter of a little finagling on the phone for a small bit.

If the dealer is gonna hem and haw for all this time, then bull! They can get a car if they really want it. If Montclair was able to get me a nav in what is considered a densly populated area, you could almost get one practically anywhere (even Wayne or Sprimgfield has tons). I mean, JERSEY has like 12 Acura dealerships. I know the car is rare and I'm aware it's hot, but someone like you, who's ready to buy/lease SHOULD NOT have to wait long or get the run-around from the dealer.

My guy at Montclair Acura (Frank Cavallo) was e-mailing me every day or every other day while I was waiting...
Old 02-07-2005 | 05:15 PM
Instructor

Talk about shady sales men, I ended up going to get my car from heart acura, I'm picking up thursday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The guys at bedford were promising one week, then 2 weeks, then 3 or 4 weeks....I got my deposit back, spoke with a guy at heart on friday the 4th and I will now be picking up my 2005 carbon grey, ebony interior 6 speed navi on thursday the 10th....I'm happy, got the car for 27,700 plus tax,tag. Sorry to ramble.....Bottom line most dealers are shady, If you dont push them they will take your deposit and push you to the side.
Old 02-07-2005 | 07:50 PM

Hmmmm......I'm going to call my salesman tomorrow to find out what the VIN# is. He should have it by now since he SAID the car was built on January 18th. If he doesn't, I'm going to be bullshit.
Old 02-07-2005 | 08:33 PM
TSX User

Originally Posted by virtualbong
If he doesn't, I'm going to be bullshit.
Old 02-07-2005 | 08:50 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by virtualbong
Hmmmm......I'm going to call my salesman tomorrow to find out what the VIN# is. He should have it by now since he SAID the car was built on January 18th. If he doesn't, I'm going to be bullshit.
Thats funny, the dealer in bedford was waiting on a car built on january 11th.....and as of friday he said 2-3 weeks....thats why I went somewhere else.......I hope you have better luck
Old 02-08-2005 | 07:17 AM

Originally Posted by IneedaTSX
Thats funny, the dealer in bedford was waiting on a car built on january 11th.....and as of friday he said 2-3 weeks....thats why I went somewhere else.......I hope you have better luck
Wait, so it was built on January 11th in Japan, so it would be in mid February? That sounds about right. If mine was supposedly built on January 18th, then it should get here by early to mid March. Right...Oh God, this is killing me. I just want the wait to be over!
Old 02-08-2005 | 02:43 PM
Pro

2/8/05 and still no car =(. Tried to contact the salesman but no answer.. I'm still hoping by this week.
Old 02-08-2005 | 02:45 PM
Instructor

Keep us posted!!
Old 02-08-2005 | 03:25 PM

Originally Posted by NJTSXMan
2/8/05 and still no car =(. Tried to contact the salesman but no answer.. I'm still hoping by this week.
You got me so worried that I called my salesman earlier this afternoon to get the VIN#. He never called me back so I called the floor looking for him and someone said that he was at a convention of some sort...I better come in tomorrow with a voicemail from him.
Old 02-08-2005 | 03:29 PM
Instructor

If anything call the sales guy and ask for the VIN ... If he asks you why tell him you need the information for your insurance agent.
Old 02-08-2005 | 04:11 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by charo
don't believe it, go to curry acura in scarsdale, they just got 2 trucks in on 2/4/05, or go to their website, they have their inventory on the site, great customer service, and for everyone else, stay away from valley stream acura, scum bags!!

How do you know they got in two trucks on 2/4/05? Do you work there?
Old 02-08-2005 | 06:55 PM

Originally Posted by avenutolo
If anything call the sales guy and ask for the VIN ... If he asks you why tell him you need the information for your insurance agent.
Alright, that's my plan for tomorrow.
Old 02-08-2005 | 08:17 PM
6th Gear

Originally Posted by NJTSXMan
Hang in there... Mine (6 sp w/navi) was promised by January 28 and actually arrived Feb 1. Speaking from my perspective, the waiting really plays with your mind. I was getting kind of worked up and nervous over the situation, but the delivery went great; none of my fears came to be. I've had it for a week now and couldn't be happier with it.
Old 02-09-2005 | 04:48 PM
Advanced

NJTSXMan, did you get your car yet? i'm very surprise about Open Road, brought from them also. i guess i was lucky because the car i wanted was on the lot.
Old 02-09-2005 | 05:03 PM
Pro

Nope no car yet. The ETA is still listed as today 2/9/05 but they haven't received any shipments yet. He says the car is definitely in NJ..the problem lies with the delivery trucks or something like that. He said he is doing everything he can. I'm just here waiting =(
Old 02-09-2005 | 07:54 PM
Instructor

Tuesday was day 10 for me and still no car and more importantly not even a phone call. For this reason I informed Duval via email that they have until Friday AM to get deposit refunded or else I'll dispute the charge. They really don't seem to want anyones business. They sure as hell won't be getting mine. I'm now dealing with Orange Park and it looks like I may end up with a black/camel TL 5AT/NAV.
Old 02-09-2005 | 07:58 PM

Originally Posted by MrJames
Tuesday was day 10 for me and still no car and more importantly not even a phone call. For this reason I informed Duval via email that they have until Friday AM to get deposit refunded or else I'll dispute the charge. They really don't seem to want anyones business. They sure as hell won't be getting mine. I'm now dealing with Orange Park and it looks like I may end up with a black/camel TL 5AT/NAV.
I think I may be screwed. The Purchase Contract that I signed states first that the Approx. Delivery Date is March (ANY TIME MARCH, DAMN IT) and then for the deposit, it states:

PURCHASER MAY CANCEL THIS CONTRACT AND RECEIVE A FULL REFUND AT AN TIME UNTIL S/HE RECEIVES A COPY OF THIS CONTRACT SIGNED BY AN AUTHORIZED DEALER REPRESENTATIVE. PURCHASER MUST GIVE WRITTEN NOTICE OF CANCELLATION TO THE DEALER.

From what I'm getting in this is that I'm screwed because both the salesman and I signed it. So I won't be getting my refund back unless the car doesn't get delivered by March, correct? Or can I even dispute getting a full refund since it states that I can't cancel since both of us signed the contract?
Old 02-09-2005 | 09:10 PM
Pro

Virtualbong, I hope you don't have any problems obtaining a vehicle. This is my first new car buying experience, and it has been a crazy one. The ETA was today and the car wasn't delivered. This is like the 4th time the ETA has been pushed back even though the car is supposedly in NJ right now. I wonder what the ETA will be when I call tomorrow. If you could only imagine how frustrated i'm feeling right now. The weekend is approaching, and I need my car. I wish I could just go pick up the damn car myself.

Quick Reply: Wait is killing me