Vent

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2006, 12:43 AM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vent

I would like to vent to you guys since I always seem to get an HONEST comment out of you all. Please ignore any spelling or grammer mistakes as i do not care to correct them. I was backing out of my parking spot in an empty parking lot. I backed a little too much and the rear tires touched the curb. Key word: touched. So that was no biggie and i continued to put teh car in drive and pull out. I saw however that there was a fucking boulder on the curb. Who the heck puts a boulder on a curb. It sure as hell doesnt look good. So while the tires had touched the curb, the body of the car had scratched against the rock. Now i have some scratches and i might post pictures later but i do not think they are a big deal because they are the kinds that can be fixed without paint (i hope). But i know i didnt pay for the thing so i tried on some nu finish which only removed the smaller scratches. I dont know the procedure on how to use it as the directions on the back suck. Well, im an honest kid, good student, loyal son. I only harm corporations and not people themselves (sneak into movies is ok as long as its part of a huge franchise and nobodys feeligns get hurt). So i decide to tell dad that i messed up the rear of the car. For everyone living in dallas, you would know that it poured like hell oday but only for 5 minutes... These 5 minutes were when i had parked the car in the parking spot to begin with. I thought it would stay cool but i was wrong and didnt put up the windshield shade =( Dad had seen car when i had parked so he knew i hadnt and it was sunny when he saw it not there. So he gave me a lecture on how i dont care for the car. (I stand two hours every week washing car and then cleaning/conditioning the leather and the dash). Well i was honest and i told him about it and he said he doesnt give a damn. That is actually very hurtful as i was trying to be honest. He had the tone of a person that was dissapointed in me but had given up on me. So i was stupid enough to tell him he did the same thing to his car a few monthes back, but worse. and thats when he showed his anger and said i am disrespectful (pakistani dad). he thinks todays white children are very loyal to theri parents. I know some that cuss to him. I just tell him ill get off the computer in a bit when they tell me to shut it off. I dont see myself that bad. So now im feeling bad (told you im a good son). I wish he wasnt mad and understood everyone makes mistakes. Any comments for me or against me as i would like feedback?
Old 06-17-2006, 12:47 AM
The Power of a Grill

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Old 06-17-2006, 12:47 AM
Instructor

Hes all wrong about me not caring for the car is the main idea here because thats why hes mad, not because of the scratch by itself.
Old 06-17-2006, 12:57 AM
Banned

WTF

sentences ! paragraphs !
Old 06-17-2006, 12:59 AM
Instructor

yea, i kno =(. but i had to vent so bear (bare?) with me.
Old 06-17-2006, 01:10 AM
Banned

fawkin'

:shakehead
Old 06-17-2006, 01:31 AM
Banned

I'm getting fawking dizzy trying to read your post
Old 06-17-2006, 02:06 AM
rebmeM deretsigeR

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
Meh. Try to do something right and it blows up in your face. It's happened before. I'd say something if its big and keep shut when its not.

For venting though, you might consider a game from the GTA line. Good harmless venting imo.
Old 06-17-2006, 02:10 AM
CGP Ebony

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
DANISHJ, You are very Young! Live, learn, and move on, but make sure to have fun along the way.

Not every advice you get from older people is a good one, so use your own judgement on some things.

BTW, was this posted in the Ramblings section of the forum?
Old 06-17-2006, 02:43 AM
Let me help you!

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by danishj
I only harm corporations and not people themselves (sneak into movies is ok as long as its part of a huge franchise and nobodys feeligns get hurt).
It hurts the actors, the film crew, the production company, the theaters, etc. It's still considered stealing (just like downloading the movie off the internet). If you don't want the people from getting royalties, then stay away from their art/product/masterpiece.

(I have a degree in computer science, and I went to a university that heavily frowned upon plaigarism. Programmers like to get credit where it's due.)

If sneaking into movie theaters was ok, then the theaters wouldn't mind since you'll hang around and maybe buy snacks/drinks. I wonder if they can get you for breaking trespassing laws.

If your dad is paying for the car, then it's technically his car. If you don't follow his directions to his specifications, then technically you can be considered not caring for the car. For example, when my brother uses my accord, he drives it hard, etc. He also leaves the car parked on the street (it's been broken into while parked on the street before), so I know he doesn't care (I told him over a span of 2 days to move the car, and he never got around to it). Tonight I swapped his car in the garage with my accord (it's my half of the garage anyway). He's never touching the accord again.

That's anal if he makes you put up the windshield reflector thing. But yes, you should have told him since it's his car.
Old 06-17-2006, 02:55 AM
Instructor

yea ure right, sneaking into movies is wrong. but im broke, what can i say. not my fault. i got accepted for a job at micro center but dad didnt let me accept it since im leaving town in 2 weeks for a month. so im broke.
Old 06-17-2006, 08:41 AM
Pro

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
First, this really belongs to Rambling....

Second, don't worry too much about it. The older generation already has a biased image of this generation's teenagers and young adults. Unless you become a saint, they will take your every little mistake and blow it up to align with their perceptions (to prove their point). It's really no big deal. Just take it, ignore it, and move on. And sorry for stereotyping but Pakistanian(sp?) parents are probably more strict and judgemental.
Old 06-17-2006, 09:09 AM
Bye TSX, hello domestic?

its part of growing up, its just a time when parents and kids don't see eye to eye. IMO teenage years are just about surviving in the same house. you dad hasn't given up on you, so don't worry about it too much. "white" kids definately aren't more loyal to their parents too. I'm guessing you dad is an immigrant, I think immigrant parents have a distorted view of American families which result in high expectations.

And use paragraphs pleaes
Old 06-17-2006, 09:30 AM
Team Owner

Received 378 Likes on 198 Posts
Ramblings, please.

And I suggest you clean it up a bit before posting it there or else you'll get reemed. We're nice here compared to them.