Son of $%&@! Anyone know a good body shop

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2004 | 09:42 AM
10th Gear

Son of $%&@! Anyone know a good body shop

I am looking for a recomendation for a good body shop in the suburbs of Philly. I know there are quite a few people on this board who are from the area. Make a long story short, sometime over the weekend (didn't notice it until yesterday). Someone hit me in a parking lot. Hit the rear passenger side door and quarter panel area. And, of course, didn't leave a note or anything. So now I have a good bit of scratched paint and my door is dented.
Old 10-18-2004 | 10:25 AM
ric
Safety Car

Basil's Auto Body Shop, not located in the suburbs, but south of Center City on Washington Avenue to the west of Broad street. Small hole in the wall place run by Basil with a couple of assistants, shop can handle about four cars at a time, prices are reasonable and the work immaculate. Don't be turned off by the location or the shop, this is no "showplace", but there are usually a Merc and a Bimmer or two; guy does class work. All bodywork, paint shop on site. He does secure all of the cars indoors at nighttime..............

I've had work done there for years - he now does body repairs for my firm's "fleet" of partner's cars, because he is good, reasonably fast and very competitive. Will give you a detailed estimate, will build the estimate in front of you, shows you the pricing lists if you need replacement parts.

Rebuilt a chunk of my wife's Toyota, repaired a lot of parking lot damage done by a hit/run to my old Mazda Millenia, done some work on my firm's cars, rebuilt my stepson's car after it was stolen and torched. Nice guy to work with. Pretty rapid turnaround time.

If you can stand to drive into the city to drop it off, that would be the place - barring that, might check with Sussman Acura to see who they use for bodywork - they're located in Ardmore, which is to the west.
Old 10-18-2004 | 11:13 AM
Banned

ouch sorry to hear that man.
Old 10-18-2004 | 12:51 PM
Race Director

That really blows. Best of luck with the repairs
Old 10-18-2004 | 01:12 PM
Obnoxious Philadelphian

Originally Posted by ric
If you can stand to drive into the city to drop it off, that would be the place - barring that, might check with Sussman Acura to see who they use for bodywork - they're located in Ardmore, which is to the west.
There is a Sussman Acura in Mt. Laurel in NJ. Didn't know there is more than one

I had a major accident (well the car did, sans me, search for "beware the month of May") last year. The shop that did the work was a CollisionMax, in their facility for the big jobs in Pennsauken, NJ. We are very happy with the work they did. We went there for two reasons: 1) We didn't know anybody like ric's man 2) We heard very good things about the store near my old hometown in Westmont, NJ.

Incidentally, the place my car was towed to (Precision Autobody on Aramingo right off the BRB) scammed me out of some money, so be careful
Old 10-19-2004 | 07:05 AM
Instructor

Executive Collision Center (215) 233-3663 730 Bethlehem Pike Flourtown, PA. They made my prelude look like new when I got into a little fender bender. Near Ft. Washington.
Old 10-19-2004 | 09:31 AM
Racer

i really hope there is such a thing as karma.
Old 10-19-2004 | 09:31 AM
ric
Safety Car

Originally Posted by jcg878
There is a Sussman Acura in Mt. Laurel in NJ. Didn't know there is more than one

I had a major accident (well the car did, sans me, search for "beware the month of May") last year. The shop that did the work was a CollisionMax, in their facility for the big jobs in Pennsauken, NJ. We are very happy with the work they did. We went there for two reasons: 1) We didn't know anybody like ric's man 2) We heard very good things about the store near my old hometown in Westmont, NJ.

Incidentally, the place my car was towed to (Precision Autobody on Aramingo right off the BRB) scammed me out of some money, so be careful
Oops - data correction on my posting - must be an age thing. My dealer in Ardmore is "Ardmore Acura"..... Sussman has a batch of dealerships under one ownership, including a couple of Acura showrooms, including one out in the northern suburbs of Philly and a couple in Jersey http://www.sussmanauto.com/
Old 10-19-2004 | 09:38 AM
Obnoxious Philadelphian

Originally Posted by ric
Oops - data correction on my posting - must be an age thing. My dealer in Ardmore is "Ardmore Acura:
I hope you threatened to shoot them if they put that badge on the back of your car
Old 10-19-2004 | 11:15 AM
ric
Safety Car

I hope you threatened to shoot them if they put that badge on the back of your car
Jeez, I never looked at how they badged the back - I haven't taken off the front "Ardmore Acura" license plate, however, which should have been the first clue..............
Old 10-19-2004 | 11:16 AM
Obnoxious Philadelphian

Originally Posted by ric
Jeez, I never looked at how they badged the back - I haven't taken off the front "Ardmore Acura" license plate, however, which should have been the first clue..............
Why do you have a front plate??? The mount isn't there by default - I had to put it on when I moved to NJ
Old 10-19-2004 | 11:50 AM
ric
Safety Car

Why do you have a front plate??? The mount isn't there by default - I had to put it on when I moved to NJ
I don't know, unless that's the way Ardmore Acura likes to advertise...... or maybe they assumed I was going to move to New Jersey and wanted to help out.......

But we digress from the thread - I bet the Flourtown repair shop may be close enough to this dude to help him return his baby to its pristine state...................
Old 10-19-2004 | 11:53 AM
Team Nighthawk Member

that sucks man...