Silly Purchase Question

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2004 | 08:20 PM
Orangeblood

Silly Purchase Question

I have a deposit down on a PWP (white) TSX.

There is a CG/Quartz sitting on the lot.

I have driven white cars for almost 20 years. I like the way it holds up. To the extent it shows dirt I can deal with it.

CG on the other hand is pretty cool. Quartz interior is arguably better than the orangewood that comes with PWP. Switch just for hell of it? Show dirt? More or less durable?

Am I doing this just because I can get the CG this weekend??

Care to weigh in?

Thanks for your input.
Old 03-24-2004 | 08:25 PM
Burning Brakes

i have that same combo and i love it....kakakaka

btw...get what you really want tho so you wont say what if later. alittle wait doesnt hurt.
Old 03-24-2004 | 08:35 PM
Orangeblood

You have the CG/Quartz?

Problem is, I dont know what I really want. I'm sure I'll be happy with either. I noted today sitting in the CG, you can't even see the sheetmetal from inside.

And I fell for the TSX at a car show and it was black. I live in Texas and temporarily have to park outside at night. Black is out of question. But i DO like the metallic interior trim.

Thanks.
Old 03-24-2004 | 08:37 PM
Advanced

IMO you can't go worng with CG. It is a sharp color. I have it and so far it isn't too dirty. I would think white would show more dirt. It is nearing the end of month, see what the dealer will do for you if you take the CG off the lot. There might be room for negotiaition.
Old 03-24-2004 | 08:39 PM
Burning Brakes

yea, i have the cg/quartz and I too live in TX...hehehe

CG can get dirty too but not as noticeable as blk. At first I wanted cg/blk but then I saw the quartz and thought it was a nice blend, darker ext and lighter interior.
Old 03-24-2004 | 08:42 PM
TSX Lover

I passed on two CG/Quartz 6MT w/navi in the Summer of 03. I waited until late fall and ordered the same exact car. I have been driving it since Feb 28. The CG does show dirt (much better than black), but I think you will find the quartz interior a bit easier to keep than the Parchment. I would recommend the all season floormats. I keep the drivers one on all the time. The other three stay in the trunk until I need them based on weather and how many passengers I have.

This is the only TSX color I like the quartz interior with. The SSM and MSM are too light for quartz IMO. I also think the quartz looks better than the Ebony on the CG.
Old 03-24-2004 | 09:07 PM
Instructor

Same combo

I love it. The CG when cleaned and waxed looks almost dark blue in the sunlight. It sparkles. I have the black in my TL and it shows every bit of dust. A great tool to keep the black clean is one of the mini swifters. Good luck.
Old 03-24-2004 | 09:35 PM
Advanced

Originally posted by MarkPinTx
You have the CG/Quartz?

Problem is, I dont know what I really want. I'm sure I'll be happy with either. I noted today sitting in the CG, you can't even see the sheetmetal from inside.

And I fell for the TSX at a car show and it was black. I live in Texas and temporarily have to park outside at night. Black is out of question. But i DO like the metallic interior trim.

Thanks.
Yea I know what you mean I was at the Dallas Autoshow like 2 sundays ago and they had the black and the red one with navi. But for some reason I like the CG the most but I went to Vandergriff Acura and they carry alot of white. I would prefer you try to deal with them very nice and good service.
Old 03-24-2004 | 09:45 PM
Orangeblood

That's what hooked me (the black at the car show). I had no real interest in Acuras at the time, but I must have circled back to the TSX like 5 times. The whole look, interior and exterior is so . . . . subtle?

The test drive made me worse.

I'm with Goodson, which is closer to me and I like the people I've met, no pressure, haven't tried to bs me. The guy who showed me the CG tonite even said "take your time, we want you to get the car you want."

I know Vandergriff has a white with Nav, but I can buy lots of maps for $2K and I dont travel much outside of places I know.

So, unless someone chimes in against CG before about noon tomorrow, CG it's gonna be.

Thanks for input so far.
Old 03-24-2004 | 11:18 PM
Team Owner

Re: Silly Purchase Question

I have a deposit down on a PWP (white) TSX.
Stop right there. You made the best choice.
Old 03-25-2004 | 12:37 PM
Burning Brakes

I have always picked the interior color of a car before the outside color since I spend more time looking at the interior, in the TSX the Parchment was out because of the wood(like) trim turned me off. Then again this is coming from a guy whose favorite ride in his garage is red with red and black interior, so my taste is ummm...different. I must also say I have never been a fan auto companies who significantly limit interior/exterior colors, though better than in the past Honda still limits this.

Vandy
Old 03-25-2004 | 04:03 PM
Advanced

Re: Re: Silly Purchase Question

Originally posted by jlukja
Stop right there. You made the best choice.
Can't agree more
Old 03-25-2004 | 04:50 PM
Orangeblood

I pulled the trigger (switched my deposit) to the CG at about noon today.

Which means, in the next couple of days, I am TSXing!

Woohooo.
Old 03-25-2004 | 06:54 PM
Jersey ---> Maryland

I pulled the trigger (switched my deposit) to the CG at about noon today.

Which means, in the next couple of days, I am TSXing!

Woohooo.
congrats! CG is a hot color
Old 03-25-2004 | 09:49 PM
Advanced

CG is straight pimp! I also love the white exterior, but parchment interior just doesn't do it for me. And the good thing about CG is that it changes color as the level of light changes. When it's cloudy out, it almost looks dark gray. When it's bright and sunny, you see more of the blue sparkle. It's like Dr Jekyl and Mr Hyde.
Old 03-26-2004 | 09:55 AM
Team Owner

Originally posted by Ambient
CG is straight pimp! I also love the white exterior, but parchment interior just doesn't do it for me. And the good thing about CG is that it changes color as the level of light changes. When it's cloudy out, it almost looks dark gray. When it's bright and sunny, you see more of the blue sparkle. It's like Dr Jekyl and Mr Hyde.
I own the PWP/Parchment combo so I was partial to that particular option in your original post. But really, you can't go wrong with any of the colors. I prefer the parchment interior because I think it looks more classy (yes even with the plood). I find it easy to take care of although it picks up scuff marks pretty easily, especially lower on the door panels as I exit the car and at the bottom of the drivers seat when I enter. CG is very nice, its the most common color that I've seen in my area.

BTW, the PWP seems to change colors also. At night its a creamy color and under bright sunlight it looks very white ... and it sparkles too. Congrats on your purchase.
Old 03-26-2004 | 10:13 AM
Orangeblood

Thanks all for your input. In the end, I figured I was due for a change. White will always be one of my favorite colors. Heck might end up being my FAVORITE color.

We shall see. But in the meantime, I will shortly have a hi-revving four banger to break in

WOOOHOOOO