Lazy question about sunroof visor

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2003, 07:54 PM
Cruisin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lazy question about sunroof visor

I could go and measure but its just as easy to post to my TSX friends. I have an 89 Integra that I'm looking to sell. It currently has a sunroof/moonroof visor. Is this part identical to the TSX visor. In other words, can I have it transferred over.

I just realized something as I typed this. Even if I could have someone transfer it over, I'd probably have two ugly holes in the Integra I'm trying to sell.

Any thoughts. Ok to tell me to just buy the damn visor.
Old 08-18-2003, 08:09 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Sad enough, as a person that sells these cars, don't buy the visor for the TSX. It kills the appearance. The lines are all thrown off when you have the visor on it. Go to the dealer and see the visor on a car if they have one installed. Though it usually has many benefits when you have the visor, it's sick-looking on the TSX.
Old 08-18-2003, 08:15 PM
Cruisin'

Huh, I hadn't heard this before. I think I'm convinced about not getting a rear spoiler after seeing several posts about that but this is the first I've heard about the sunroof visor spoiling the lines. Maybe someone can post a picture of theirs with the visor.
Old 08-18-2003, 10:10 PM
I am Ahab!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I've seen one installed. I was shocked at how ugly they are. Not the usually flat ones. Bumpy and weirdly shaped instead of smooth.
Old 08-18-2003, 10:16 PM
Suzuka Master

....and they cover too much of the actual sunroof (about half of it actually). The car I test drove had one (along with every other conceivable option), and even my salesman told me not to get the visor. It's definitely not the same one as on the integra, so transferring probably won't work.
Old 08-18-2003, 10:25 PM
More On

Well, I dunno.

I have it, I thought it looked fine and I still do, and -- above all -- it performs its function great.

P.S. I'm pretty sure it covers far less than half. Of course it won't be hard to find out the actual fact on this.
Old 08-18-2003, 10:28 PM
fdl
Senior Moderator

Originally posted by larchmont
Well, I dunno.

I have it, I thought it looked fine and I still do, and -- above all -- it performs its function great.

P.S. I'm pretty sure it covers far less than half. Of course it won't be hard to find out the actual fact on this.
Hey larch..not to hijack this thread but I am curious...

what options did you get with your car? I know you have the tape deck too..anything else?
Old 08-18-2003, 10:31 PM
Racer

Originally posted by fcajulis
Huh, I hadn't heard this before. I think I'm convinced about not getting a rear spoiler after seeing several posts about that but this is the first I've heard about the sunroof visor spoiling the lines. Maybe someone can post a picture of theirs with the visor.
The visor does not look bad on nighthawk black. But on anything else i do not recommend it. As for the spoiler good choice! Although a lot of people won't agree.
Old 08-18-2003, 10:36 PM
Racer

I have it. The only reason I've kept it on is that it's useful, especially on the highway.

Pic 1

Pic 2

I take it off every few weeks to make sure that it's not scratching/marking up the roof. So far it's been OK. I might consider taking it off for good, though.
Old 08-18-2003, 10:40 PM
More On

Originally posted by fdl
Hey larch..not to hijack this thread but I am curious...

what options did you get with your car? I know you have the tape deck too..anything else?
Reminds me of a story.

Back in the mid-'60's there were a couple of what you might call "B level" talk shows that were along the lines of Morton Downey. One of them was Alan Burke, who enjoyed being provocative, but sometimes his guests beat him to it. One time a kid asked him what college he went to. Burke was flattered, and asked why the kid was asking. The kid answered, "I want to cross it off my list."

OK, fdl, here are the other options besides the sunroof visor that you can cross off your list:

Cassette player (right -- BTW I'm thrilled to have it)
All-season mats
Door visors (not so sure these were a good idea but I think so)
Mud guards (ditto)
Trunk tray
Lojack
Extended warranty
Old 08-18-2003, 10:47 PM
fdl
Senior Moderator

Reminds me of a story.

Back in the mid-'60's there were a couple of what you might call "B level" talk shows that were along the lines of Morton Downey. One of them was Alan Burke, who enjoyed being provocative, but sometimes his guests beat him to it. One time a kid asked him what college he went to. Burke was flattered, and asked why the kid was asking. The kid answered, "I want to cross it off my list."

OK, fdl, here are the other options besides the sunroof visor that you can cross off your list:

All-season mats
Mud guards (ditto)
Trunk tray
Lojack
Extended warranty

Interesting story..but I was honestly just curious

Tape deck is a good investment if you have alot of tapes, but I have mostly cds. I got the all season mats too. Front mud guards come standard in canada...but i just removed mine after seeing the damage they cause. I will put them back on once I figure out the best way to do it safely (with some type of protection). Trunk tray is one I am seriously considering. Have no clue what a lojack is. Extended warrenty I would usually NEVER consider..but being a first year car I am still thinking about it (although I havent purchased it yet).

SO what the hell is a lojack?
Old 08-18-2003, 10:52 PM
More On

Originally posted by fdl
.....SO what the hell is a lojack?
Sorry, I would have explained it, but I thought it was well known. I never heard of it until I got my TL-S a year and a half ago, but once I learned about it, it seemed everybody else (around here) knew about it.

It's a gismo/system that allows a car to be tracked, supposedly real good for finding your car if it's stolen. I understand it works real well if you know pretty quickly that something happened, but rumor has it it's pretty useless if you don't know for a couple of days. (I think the tracking is done only if you report the car missing; it doesn't happen automatically.)
Old 08-18-2003, 11:14 PM
Burning Brakes

All-season mats
Mud guards (ditto)
Trunk tray
Lojack
Extended warranty
Cassette player? Is that an 8-track, per chance?

Larch, did you post a picture of your car anywhere with all of these goodies attached?

My current and previous cars have sun roof visors. They were flatter and looked OK on the Accords.

I'll likely order the trunk tray and all-season mats.
Old 08-18-2003, 11:53 PM
More On

Originally posted by Brad
Cassette player? Is that an 8-track, per chance?

Larch, did you post a picture of your car anywhere with all of these goodies attached?......
Cassette and 8-track are totally separate and totally different.

I never understood 8-track. Here's the whole story: Way back when, like in the '50's and early '60's, the only kinds of recordings were "records" and "tapes," neither of which has much resemblance to what we have today. "Records" meant vinyl. Probably the only ones you might know about are "LP's," which at the time were also known as "33 rpm." LP's were just the final generation of stuff that started out as "78's" (it was scary how fast they went around on the turntable), then there were "45's" (singles always came in 45's), and finally LP's. "Tapes" originally were just "reel-to-reel," which we old-timers always think of as the original kind, or the real kind. Some people still swear by reel-to-reel. Then, around the mid-'60's, two new things came in at about the same time: Cassettes and 8-track. The only thing they have in common is their chronology. I never dealt with 8-track. My understanding was that 8-track was supposed to be better-quality sound, and in truth the cassettes in those days were pretty crappy, as were most of the cassette players. But for some reason what happened thereafter was that 8-track basically died out after a few years or maybe a decade, while cassettes became more and more popular and the technology got better and better, so that by (I think) the mid-'70's, cassettes had taken over. 8-track was gone, and cassettes were making people forget about LP's. That's how it was until CD's came in.

About cassettes and 8-track, you could do live recording on cassettes very easily, but (I think) not at all on 8-track. Since one of the main things I cared about was making live recordings, I got into the cassettes right away, and never had any reason to deal with 8-track, especially since for listening I was perfectly happy with LP's (then, later on, cassettes, when the quality got good).

About pics of my car: No, don't have a digital camera! And if I did, it would be a while before I'd figure out how to get the pics on here.