just spent 38k on TSX

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2005, 01:41 PM
No-navi, yo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by hwani.j30a-c
lol. I'll save everything i was going to say. Have fun with your souped up tsx. Don't get stuck in the small world, you can't see the big world.
Like the guy who thinks he could've gotten a M5(righttttt..) but wanted a "real car" and bought a FWD 4 door honda with 10pds of torque.
At least get a S2000 and say that. and that'll still be pretty funny.

Its almost funny as 3 series owners saying they could smoke M3s on the highway. or like that stupid M3 owner who lost the oil cap and stuck a sock in there instead.
Certain type of image comes with certain type brand. You know, believe or not, there are people who made the choice for not owing BMW so they won't be stereotyped as bad driver/people. Thanks for people like you (and Nikki), I would always think twice before purchasing a BMW.
Old 11-28-2005, 03:20 PM
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Crazy Sellout
Im shocked you dont like BMWs, whats your point?

We think he overpaid and you think BMWs suck. Then again most people have given vaild reasons on how he overpaid. You just talk shit like a 14 year old and say somthing is a POS without explaining. How many more times in this thread are you gonna mention that you dont like BMW.
Thanks for the post. What the hell is YOUR point MF? We know he overpaid, I wrote that in my last post. There's no question he could have and should have negotiated the price down. I think my point is that even though he overpaid, it's not as ridiculous as many people here are insinuating.

Since you bring it up I'll mention again I don't like BMWs. I think they are POS because:

1. Unreliable (or not as reliable as an overpriced POS should be)
2. Ugly
3. Poor ergonomics
4. Poorly styled interiors
5. Cold/German
6. Way overpriced
7. Pretentious

I hope you're satisfied.
Old 11-28-2005, 03:24 PM
Drifting

lol. I'll save everything i was going to say. Have fun with your souped up tsx. Don't get stuck in the small world, you can't see the big world.
Like the guy who thinks he could've gotten a M5(righttttt..) but wanted a "real car" and bought a FWD 4 door honda with 10pds of torque.
At least get a S2000 and say that. and that'll still be pretty funny.

Its almost funny as 3 series owners saying they could smoke M3s on the highway. or like that stupid M3 owner who lost the oil cap and stuck a sock in there instead.
Another worthless post.
Old 11-28-2005, 03:33 PM
10th Gear

Originally Posted by Jason
Thanks for the post. What the hell is YOUR point MF? We know he overpaid, I wrote that in my last post. There's no question he could have and should have negotiated the price down. I think my point is that even though he overpaid, it's not as ridiculous as many people here are insinuating.

Since you bring it up I'll mention again I don't like BMWs. I think they are POS because:

2. Ugly
3. Poor ergonomics
5. Cold/German
6. Way overpriced
7. Pretentious

I hope you're satisfied.
Look at your another dumb post. All subjective matter, none of them facts.
Get it? This is what Iam trying to tell you. At age of 31, you still can't figure that out.

1. Unreliable : Yes, not the most reliable. Check recent Consumer's magazine, reliability of the 3 series improved massively.
2. Ugly : You too. *Subjective
3. Poor ergonomics: Read some reviews
4. Poorly styled interiors: You too. *Subjective
5. Cold/German: Rice/Japan? *Subjective
6. Way overpriced: Blame your income. *Subjective
7. Pretentious: obstinacy. *Subjective

Please. Don't you have kids to take care of?
Old 11-28-2005, 03:39 PM
Drifting

All subjective matter, none of them facts.
lol. Get it? This is what Iam trying to tell you.
No shit dumbass. Subjective, hence opinion. It's my opinion your car is an overpriced, ugly, unreliable, poorly designed, low tech (forgot that one), cold piece of shit. Think what you want.
Old 11-28-2005, 03:40 PM
dom
Senior Moderator

Received 801 Likes on 662 Posts

I don't think this thread needs to be closed just yet.
Old 11-28-2005, 03:43 PM
Drifting

6. Way overpriced: Blame your income.
I missed this. How pretentious are you anway? Dude, I can afford a $70K car if I want one. I choose not to spend the money. Now I'm just guessing, but I'd be willing to bet you blew your whole load on that 330i you got there. Impressive.
Old 11-28-2005, 03:44 PM
dom
Senior Moderator

Received 801 Likes on 662 Posts
Jason, so what kind of dog you getting?
Old 11-28-2005, 03:46 PM
Just dial 1911

Originally Posted by dom
Im thinking pit-bull
Old 11-28-2005, 03:49 PM
Drifting

Originally Posted by dom
Flat-coated Retriever.

http://www.fcrsainc.org/index.html

Old 11-28-2005, 03:55 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 638 Likes on 276 Posts
Originally Posted by bradykp
The thing is, it can be argued that BMWs are not great cars anymore. Don't get me wrong, I love the M3 and M5. the style is very sleek on all bimmers. The bottom line is: german cars have been going downhill for quite some time now and japanese cars are taking the edge in the quality department. and more often than not, it's not just spending "another 2,000" to get the cars you speak of, or you're giving up a lot of options.

the fact of the matter is, he got a great car for 37,000 including tax, a dealer installed dvd video system, the body kit, a set of wheels, etc. add custom wheels to the price of the beamer and see where the price goes....stop comparing a stock bmw or lexus to a loaded acura tsx. you aren't giving a fair argument either.

I love the unreliablity argument.

J.D powers for 2005 for dependabilty
Problems per 100 Vehicles
Lexus 139
Porsche 149
Lincoln 151
Buick 163
Cadillac 175
Infiniti 178
Toyota 194
Mercury 195
Honda 201
Acura 203
BMW 225
Ford 231
Chevrolet 232
Chrysler 235
Industry Average 237
Saturn 240
Oldsmobile 242
GMC 245
Pontiac 245
Mazda 252
Hyundai 260
Subaru 260
Volvo 266
Jaguar 268
Dodge 273
Nissan 275
Mitsubishi 278
Mercedes-Benz 283
Saab 286
Jeep 289
Suzuki 292
Audi 312
Daewoo 318
Isuzu 331
Volkswagen 335
MINI 383
Land Rover 395
Kia 397
http://www.autonews.com/defaultRegis...s?newsId=12688

Wow look at how poorly BMW did. Half you guys need to realize that this isnt the 80s anymore and things have changed. American cars arent POS anymore and some german cars can last for a long time. Japanese cars are great but they arent what they use to be. (legend)
Old 11-28-2005, 04:02 PM
Senior Moderator

2. Ugly
3. Poor ergonomics
5. Cold/German
6. Way overpriced
7. Pretentious

I hope you're satisfied.

1. See my other post
2. Thats your taste, i can live with that
3. Been proven german cars have some of the best ergonmics
4. Im not a fan of the new interiors either
5. WTF does that mean
6. Own one then you will understand on what you pay for. Acuras are a bargain which is what makes bmws LOOK overpriced. I will admit they look overpriced on PAPER but theres more to them than that.
7. They earned that many times over.

Meh your reasonings arent that great and you seem to just be babbling. Which is cool but you would get eaten ALIVE if you came into Car Talk.

That is all. This is over and out!
Old 11-28-2005, 04:08 PM
Drifting

Meh your reasonings arent that great and you seem to just be babbling.
So you wrote that you agree with a few of the things I said yet my reasoning isn't that great? They're my opinions so they're great to me.
Old 11-28-2005, 04:10 PM
My Garage

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

1. See my other post
5. WTF does that mean
6. Own one then you will understand on what you pay for. Acuras are a bargain which is what makes bmws LOOK overpriced. I will admit they look overpriced on PAPER but theres more to them than that.

Meh your reasonings arent that great and you seem to just be babbling. Which is cool but you would get eaten ALIVE if you came into Car Talk.

Good thing he didn't bash the Audi
Old 11-28-2005, 04:11 PM
Senior Moderator

Originally Posted by GIBSON6594

Good thing he didn't bash the Audi
I dont defend the audi in the reliablity department
Old 11-28-2005, 04:38 PM
Still Lovin my 06

overpriced?

1. See my other post
5. WTF does that mean

i'm gonna have to say that although BMWs are decent cars (even though there were only 2 cars including BMW towards the top of the quality list posted):

You can't say they aren't a bit overpriced. Almost ALL cars are slightly overpriced, and just like with any product, BMW capatilzes on name recognition and charges a little bit more than they should be.

You can say it's worth it because of certain things about the car you think make it great, but that's a tough argument.

It'd be like arguing that Sony isn't overpriced in their industry. Decent product, but overpriced.

Acura's are great deals.
Old 11-28-2005, 05:05 PM
Senior Moderator

Im just basing most of my comments on my experiences after owning an acura and bmw. Of which i dont own either one now so i like to think i make unbiased comments.

i still dont think bmw are overpriced even after going from a 31k TLS to a 41k 330ci. I think it was well worth the 10k difference. Like you said though thats a tough argument since people want different things from their cars. Most of you guys bought the TSX for the bang of the buck which makes this thread even funnier.

I agree on capatilzing on the name, then again thats why the U.S. has Acura, Lexus, Infiniti...etc. We americans love to buy name brand things and deep down dont mind paying a little extra for it. Hell look at the accord and TL, those two sure do have a lot in common and most options are the same on both. You telling me people wouldnt rather spend a little more just to get an Acura badge?
Old 11-28-2005, 05:23 PM
Banned

lol this thread is turning into a good ol' bar fight, minus the chicks
Old 11-28-2005, 05:51 PM
Drifting

i still dont think bmw are overpriced even after going from a 31k TLS to a 41k 330ci. I think it was well worth the 10k difference. Like you said though thats a tough argument since people want different things from their cars. Most of you guys bought the TSX for the bang of the buck which makes this thread even funnier.
I think you're making an excellent point here. The reasoning for determining whether a car is overpriced doesn't necessarily have to do with whether you can afford it or not, but whether you think it is worth it. Some think yes and some think no.

I agree on capatilzing on the name, then again thats why the U.S. has Acura, Lexus, Infiniti...etc. We americans love to buy name brand things and deep down dont mind paying a little extra for it.
I think you see this trend developing around the world, not just in the U.S. Europe has more choices than ever and Lexus is now (or is about to be) available in Japan.

Hell look at the accord and TL, those two sure do have a lot in common and most options are the same on both. You telling me people wouldnt rather spend a little more just to get an Acura badge?
You're not wrong here but you're simplifying it just a bit too much. I think we can all agree there is a substantial difference in the quality of the materials of the TL vs. the Accord. Similar options yes, but it's the execution that's worth the extra $7K or so. Execution and a few unique features such as Handsfree Link, Bi-Xenon, etc.
Old 11-28-2005, 06:11 PM
Senior Moderator

You're not wrong here but you're simplifying it just a bit too much. I think we can all agree there is a substantial difference in the quality of the materials of the TL vs. the Accord. Similar options yes, but it's the execution that's worth the extra $7K or so. Execution and a few unique features such as Handsfree Link, Bi-Xenon, etc.

You just proved my point.

Thats how i feel when comparing the 325 to a TSX. The extra money is worth it since the bmw offers few more things that the tsx doesnt have. Let alone a inline 6 engine thats worth it right there.
Old 11-28-2005, 06:33 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 165 Likes on 127 Posts

Thats how i feel when comparing the 325 to a TSX. The extra money is worth it since the bmw offers few more things that the tsx doesnt have. Let alone a inline 6 engine thats worth it right there.
My dad has thought about picking up a 325. If he gets it I can compare it to my TSX,.....only thing is its an auto (BLAH) he is looking at. I have never driven a BMW before, but I wanna see why everyone says they are so good to drive. He is also looking at a Subie, G35x, and a TL. If he does decide to trade in his infiniti,......I think it is going to be for the TL. The BMW is an 04 a lady we know has,....she wants to get rid of it. Her husband got it, then passed away and she is stuck with the payments so we might take over her lease,....he put a big deposit down on it. My dad is reluctant though because of reliability/maintenance issues.

What do you think about all the cars I mentioned?
Old 11-28-2005, 06:34 PM
Drifting

I thought your point of comparing two cars within a corporation was ok, not comparing a 325 and TSX. In my mind this debate is completely subjective.

I look at the 3-series and I see an ugly, pretentious car. I look deeper and I know it is wonderfully fast, handles great, and has a certain quality to it that nobody can quantify other than knowing it makes the car.

But then reality hits. I look at the TSX and I see a car that is close to the driving dynamics of the BMW but offers things BMW can't. For example, I need a navigation system for my job and Acura's is the best. BMW is well down the chart in this area. The 3-series also lags in technology integration. Using a BMW vs. Acura is like using a PC vs. a Mac.

One other thing the BMW lacks is FWD. I live in Chicago and I prefer having a Front wheel drive car. I'm more than happy to sacrifice that extra bit of 9/10 handling for safety in the snow. The TSX is arguably one of the best FWD handling cars in the world, so it's really not that big a sacrifice to me. And I covet handling. I gladly bought a 2006 TSX instead of a 2006 TL for this reason.
Old 11-28-2005, 10:38 PM
My bolonga has a 1st name

wow you're nuts!
Old 11-28-2005, 10:50 PM
Still Lovin my 06

true but not true

Im just basing most of my comments on my experiences after owning an acura and bmw. Of which i dont own either one now so i like to think i make unbiased comments.

I agree on capatilzing on the name, then again thats why the U.S. has Acura, Lexus, Infiniti...etc. We americans love to buy name brand things and deep down dont mind paying a little extra for it. Hell look at the accord and TL, those two sure do have a lot in common and most options are the same on both. You telling me people wouldnt rather spend a little more just to get an Acura badge?
it's more than just the acura badge. the leather is nicer in the acura, it's a luxury version of the same car. maybe it's not completely worth the price difference, but it mostly is.

and acura tsx isn't necessarily just bang for your buck, it's a great priced great performing car, but you are paying for it.

it's just that the other cars in it's class are overpriced for the most part, so it's a better deal.

what does the 330ci have over your old TLS that makes it 10k better? plus, don't forget to mention all the added fun of fixing your beamer and how expensive that is. my dad has a 528, and it's fun to drive, but not worth the wait at the mechanic to drive it. i'll pass on the beamers until someday when i consider an M5, but even then, there's other cars priced close to it that i would probably purchase over it.
Old 11-29-2005, 04:47 AM
10th Gear

I thought your point of comparing two cars within a corporation was ok, not comparing a 325 and TSX. In my mind this debate is completely subjective.

I look at the 3-series and I see an ugly, pretentious car. I look deeper and I know it is wonderfully fast, handles great, and has a certain quality to it that nobody can quantify other than knowing it makes the car.

But then reality hits. I look at the TSX and I see a car that is close to the driving dynamics of the BMW but offers things BMW can't. For example, I need a navigation system for my job and Acura's is the best. BMW is well down the chart in this area. The 3-series also lags in technology integration. Using a BMW vs. Acura is like using a PC vs. a Mac.

One other thing the BMW lacks is FWD. I live in Chicago and I prefer having a Front wheel drive car. I'm more than happy to sacrifice that extra bit of 9/10 handling for safety in the snow. The TSX is arguably one of the best FWD handling cars in the world, so it's really not that big a sacrifice to me. And I covet handling. I gladly bought a 2006 TSX instead of a 2006 TL for this reason.
Finally you posted something worthwhile. You are not so lifeless dumbass afterall.

Your points in this post is very valid and I completely agree.
BMW's i-drive(navi) does suck. If you get used to it though, its a handy system.
Me? I don't like it. I got a chance to use TL navigation. boy, that was fun.

As for 3 series lagging in technology integration, I disagree. Look at all the features in 3,5,7 series, and modes in M series. Something japanese manufacturers can't come out with. BMW lack in general electrical engineering. If you know anything about BMW, you would know when it comes down to eletronics, its just terrible.

BMW "lacks FWD". thats far the best quote i've ever heard. I am going to post
that in few other forums I go to, just to see some response. lol.

But you know what, honestly, I wouldn't mind a FWD if it handles good as TSX.
TSX just need some power. Put a torquey v6(hopefully a one that doesn't weigh too much, Front engine/FWD cars are already nose-heavy) in there, TSX gets my vote. Don't put any honda V6 in there though, J series still lack low-end torque.
Old 11-29-2005, 12:23 PM
Drifting

BMW "lacks FWD". thats far the best quote i've ever heard. I am going to post that in few other forums I go to, just to see some response. lol.
How mature of you. When you quote me, try to include that I live in Chicago, drive as part of my job, and understand that RWD is superior for performance. Again, I'm willing to forfeit that extra bit of performance to make it easier to travel during winter. And I'm not interested in the added expense/hassle of snow tires.

EDIT: So you and the other BMW fanboys don't look down on me, let me add that I can afford snow tires but I choose not to deal with them.
Old 11-29-2005, 02:10 PM
Just dial 1911

BMW "lacks FWD". thats far the best quote i've ever heard. I am going to post
that in few other forums I go to, just to see some response. lol.
Guess what prick, your proving the BMW drivers status quo...Keep talking...
Old 11-29-2005, 02:53 PM
10th Gear

How mature of you. When you quote me, try to include that I live in Chicago, drive as part of my job, and understand that RWD is superior for performance. Again, I'm willing to forfeit that extra bit of performance to make it easier to travel during winter. And I'm not interested in the added expense/hassle of snow tires.

EDIT: So you and the other BMW fanboys don't look down on me, let me add that I can afford snow tires but I choose not to deal with them.
ah, I can see maturity of THIS board. It was a freaking joke in case you didn't catch it. didn't you see the "lol" behind it? I am not going to waste my time with that crap, I have better things to do in m life then quoting someone's pathetic sentence.

Stop getting all offended. its like dealing with north koreans here, getting offended by every single thing. I wonder why. Feel insecure?
And don't worry, "me and other bmw fanboys" won't look down on you.
I don't want to deal with snow tires either. RWD/summer tires, lets see how long I survive.
Old 11-29-2005, 03:00 PM
Drifting

ah, I can see maturity of THIS board. It was a freaking joke in case you didn't catch it. didn't you see the "lol" behind it? I am not going to waste my time with that crap, I have better things to do in m life then quoting someone's pathetic sentence.
How ironic.
Old 11-29-2005, 03:07 PM
10th Gear

Originally Posted by joerockt
Guess what prick, your proving the BMW drivers status quo...Keep talking...
right, and other boards now think TSX owners are just plain ignorant and biased. We are all watching this thread and laughing. Thanks to you guys for good humor.

Jee, even maturity of clubRSX is better than this. I am done with this pointless thread. Some people just will never learn I guess. Have fun with your TSXs. Maybe i'll tell my sister to get one, just to see how it performs.

Tell DarkAngel I said hi. Now he is a one cool TSX owner.
Old 11-29-2005, 03:10 PM
Banned

Man can someone kill this thread already!
Old 11-29-2005, 03:13 PM
Just dial 1911

right, and other boards now think TSX owners are just plain ignorant and biased.
Seriously, :whocares:
Old 11-29-2005, 03:24 PM
Have camera, will travel

[QUOTE=hwani.j30a-c]Finally you posted something worthwhile. You are not so lifeless dumbass afterall. [\QUOTE]
First off, try re-reading what you've just written, because nothing screams "lifeless dumbass" more than poorly-written language. Your grammar sucks.

[QUOTE=hwani.j30a-c]BMW "lacks FWD". thats far the best quote i've ever heard. I am going to post that in few other forums I go to, just to see some response. lol.[\QUOTE]
He stated his reasons for favoring FWD without disparaging the performance virtues of RWD.

[QUOTE=hwani.j30a-c]TSX just need some power. Put a torquey v6(hopefully a one that doesn't weigh too much, Front engine/FWD cars are already nose-heavy) in there, TSX gets my vote. Don't put any honda V6 in there though, J series still lack low-end torque.[\QUOTE]

Sorry, the BMW I6 lacks torque also, by most accounts. I've driven the E90 325i, and it in no way blows away the TSX in the power department. Better? Sure. Substantially better? No. Like the TSX, it has adequate power, and plenty to have lots of fun with. It will not pin you back in your seat.

Another common complaint among E90 owners has been ergonomics. WTF is up with the new turn signal configuration? Cup holders are poorly placed, and window and doorlock switches are difficult to access. These are not my complaints, but those of E90 owners.

FWIW, I think the new Bimmers are great to drive, but they certainly do have their flaws, like any other marque.
Old 11-29-2005, 03:29 PM
No-navi, yo

Stop getting all offended. its like dealing with north koreans here, getting offended by every single thing. I wonder why. Feel insecure?
And don't worry, "me and other bmw fanboys" won't look down on you.
I don't want to deal with snow tires either. RWD/summer tires, lets see how long I survive.
right, and other boards now think TSX owners are just plain ignorant and biased. We are all watching this thread and laughing. Thanks to you guys for good humor.

Jee, even maturity of clubRSX is better than this. I am done with this pointless thread. Some people just will never learn I guess. Have fun with your TSXs. Maybe i'll tell my sister to get one, just to see how it performs.

Tell DarkAngel I said hi. Now he is a one cool TSX owner.
What are you waiting for, a farewell party?? Geeze.
Thanks for making wherever you go a better place.
Old 11-29-2005, 03:49 PM
Banned

Old 11-29-2005, 04:00 PM
Team Owner

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
^^

Old 11-29-2005, 04:24 PM
My Garage

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Did someone wrap a condom around this thread cause it's taking forever to finish?

cha-ching
Old 11-29-2005, 05:06 PM
Senior Moderator

Originally Posted by GIBSON6594
Did someone wrap a condom around this thread cause it's taking forever to finish?

cha-ching

Zing!

Even i was tired of the topic and gave up.
Old 11-29-2005, 05:10 PM
No longer in denial

wow that was a good read, why the hell is it still open?
Old 11-29-2005, 05:11 PM
Drifting

So stop posting and let it die.

Quick Reply: just spent 38k on TSX