Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2005, 11:10 PM
no0bIe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Damn!!!! Lol
Old 11-15-2005, 11:33 PM
Racer

I would never spend $38k for a FWD 4cylinder.

You could of got an IS350 for that price!!! It blows the TSX away!
Old 11-16-2005, 12:29 AM
But of Kourse!

That is way too high for a TSX, but I guess that's what you get when you add all the "goodies." I just bought my '05 TSX w/Navi on 9/16 for $27,300 which includes destination but excludes tax and licensing.
Old 11-16-2005, 07:55 AM
Overlord

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Most people brag about how little they paid for their car. You're bragging about how MUCH you paid? Man, that dealer saw you coming. Ten thousand bucks worth of accessories. Sheesh. I agree with those who said you should have taken an RL instead.
Old 11-16-2005, 08:16 AM
dom
Senior Moderator

Received 801 Likes on 662 Posts
Originally Posted by gsrthomas

You could of got an IS350 for that price!!! It blows the TSX away!

Show my an IS350 at that price.
Old 11-16-2005, 09:25 AM
OG

Received 162 Likes on 100 Posts
Originally Posted by Sebo

i'd like to see ANYONE get the '06 TSX for $29k or less.. dealer arent lowering the price of these cars, they are rare and hard to get!
!

https://acurazine.com/forums/showthread.php?t=26731

what do i win?

u got REAMED
Old 11-16-2005, 09:44 AM
Guinea Pig

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
^^^^

You might have been able to get Lito's car and a "Super Street Tool Cart" for that amount.

BTW-----must I reiterate......

All aside.... I must admit that I have abit of 2 memory seat/1 touch sunroof envy!
Old 11-16-2005, 09:56 AM
Race Director

Maybe he's just playing with all of us , either case, but the TSX is all about value and entry level luxury, neither of which was the case for paying 38K for a TSX.
Old 11-16-2005, 11:18 AM
Just dial 1911

Originally Posted by dom

Show my an IS350 at that price.
The 350 with navi and the luxury package is $42,075 msrp, $36,740 invoice. Pretty close if you can get them down.
Old 11-16-2005, 11:34 AM
Instructor

You guys keep comparing your car to his but you can't make that comparison.

He's got by far the heaviest equipped TSX on the board. And don't tell me he should have done the mod to this or to that. Some of us do not want to mess with it and like to have the dealer stand behind us when/if things go wrong. I can imagine the dealer's response after he does the mod to get DVD playback on his Nav screen and then his center stack lights go out. Ummm, fighting with the dealer about that is not my idea of a good time.

You are right that there are choices one can make besides going OEM. Many of them are superior but they have their own issues and headaches associated with them.

And lastly, if you want to finance your add-ons that's very difficult to do when you are ebay-ing stuff from all over and buying aftermarket wheels, etc etc.
Old 11-16-2005, 11:58 AM
Guinea Pig

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Kighter
He's got by far the heaviest equipped TSX on the board.
How do you figure?
Old 11-16-2005, 12:34 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by Kighter
He's got by far the heaviest equipped OEM TSX on the board.
I agree with Kighter, although I probably would have asked myself whether all those mods were actually necessary.

All the people saying he should have gotten an RL, why? If I want a really good hamburger, and it costs $30, and filet mignon is $35, if I trade up, it's not really what I want, now is it?

Each to his own. If this is what he wants, this is what he wants, and he gets it the quick and painless way. Yes, he paid for it, but if he can afford to do so, good for him.

Congrats man. I'm sure the car is going to look great when you get it.

-rpc
Old 11-16-2005, 02:51 PM
Overlord

after all the accessories the price came to $38,700~ USD.

i got the '06 5AT/Nav

i-ves,
bodykit
spoiler
a-spec wheels,
floormats
silver steering wheel
cargo net
trunk tray
detailed weather seal (5 year warranty on seats, stains, scratches, acid rain damage, etc).
Let's see, here's what you have that I don't have:

i-ves (wouldn't use it; I don't sit in the back seat.)
bodykit
spoiler
a-spec wheels
silver steering wheel.
(The weather seal is an obvious dealer tack-on that I won't include in this list.)

I have a 5AT Navi - to be fair, my car is an '05, bought in July. But you paid $11,000 more than I did. Are those five items above worth eleven grand? I can guarantee that they won't be in terms of resale. I can tell by the you added to the end that you aren't entirely comfortable with the purchase price. But regardless, I hope that you will enjoy the car. I'd really like to see pictures when you get some.
Old 11-16-2005, 05:33 PM
Racer

Good on ya Sebo, show us pics when you get some!!
Old 11-16-2005, 06:52 PM
Banned

I have everything he got minus navi, auto, silver steering wheel and the entertainment system. None of which I would want or use.
My car has 5900 more miles than his and it is $13,000 cheaper.
That is just insane. I can't get over the fact that anyone would pay that much.
Old 11-16-2005, 07:07 PM
Racer

I don't understand all the negative comments, it's his money (I assume) he can spend it on whatever he wants, more power to him. Enjoy your wheels Sebo!!

I think anyone spending what they want for a BMW has a screw loose but I keep it to myself.
Old 11-16-2005, 07:46 PM
Advanced

You have got to be yanking our chains. Almost $40,000 for a FWD 4 banger. I do however think the TSX is a sweet looking car, more like upper 20's sweet, 38500 puts that car into some intimidating company, 330i, Lexus 350. But the bottom line is its your money to do what you want, hopefully you don't get shafted when you go to sell this car...
Old 11-16-2005, 08:00 PM
Rep'n Taxbrain.com

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
He definitely doesn't have the mostly heavily equipped TSX on the boards.

I don't have the most mods on the forum, but there are some other people here that would give him a run for his money.
Old 11-16-2005, 08:08 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by feliz
I think anyone spending what they want for a BMW has a screw loose but I keep it to myself.
Well you aren't keeping it to yourself if you're saying it, now are you?

He could have gotten an '06 330i for that much money and you think he is better of with the TSX?

hmm...
Old 11-16-2005, 08:13 PM
Instructor

i could of bought an M5, but i didnt want a BMW. i want to pay for a car, not a name
Old 11-16-2005, 08:16 PM
Banned

i could of bought an M5, but i didnt want a BMW. i want to pay for a car, not a name
Because the TSX is such a better car. We all can agree on that here.
Old 11-16-2005, 08:46 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Nikki
huh ? but you're switching...
Old 11-16-2005, 08:50 PM
Racer

He could have gotten an '06 330i for that much money and you think he is better of with the TSX?

hmm...
He is if thats what he wants. Not everyone wants a BMW believe it or not.
Old 11-16-2005, 09:20 PM
Banned

Well there's a reason that the TSX is $28k and the BMW is $38k and there is a reason why people spend an extra $10k to get the BMW, not the TSX.
Those of you saying you spend an extra $10k for the name, well you don't earn a good reputation by making shitty cars.
Old 11-16-2005, 09:40 PM
No-navi, yo

Well there's a reason that the TSX is $28k and the BMW is $38k and there is a reason why people spend an extra $10k to get the BMW, not the TSX.
Those of you saying you spend an extra $10k for the name, well you don't earn a good reputation by making shitty cars.
hahaha..., you are too funny... Please take a look of the title of this thread. This is just too ironic. Haha.
Old 11-17-2005, 12:01 AM
Advanced

Ok, Sarcasmo.

You're going to seriously say that there isn't some money tacked on to the equipment price of a BMW for the name? Really? Come on, even Car and Driver knows that you're paying extra for the name. Maybe not $10K, but you are. And a lot of the reason people spend the extra money is for the name, and for the cachet of driving a BMW. And the illusion that you're not driving a shitty car fades after the third or fourth unscheduled service visit.

Seriously, I thought that the attitudes of BMW owners came from the fact that their cars were in the service departments constantly; now I think it just comes standard (and it would be the only thing!). I've seen you (Nikki) comment on EVERY thread that has anything remotely to do with BMW, and surprise surprise on what side you come down.

The TSX is a good car, you own one. Remember that. The BMW 330i is a good car too. But please, stop to BMW. The cars are different, they're in completely different price classes. And this $38K TSX has a higher level of equipment than any $38K 330i.

-rpc
Old 11-17-2005, 10:33 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by BusyShifter
hahaha..., you are too funny... Please take a look of the title of this thread. This is just too ironic. Haha.
The TSX is not $38k regardless of whether or not some idiot paid that much. I'm talking about MSRP.
Old 11-17-2005, 10:39 AM
Top notch 6MT

What a moron......

I would take an M5 (the bimmer, not the Mazda ) over a TSX any freaking day!! Then of course when it comes to BMW, I'd be leasing and ditching after it expires
Old 11-17-2005, 10:42 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by rpcmx
Ok, Sarcasmo.

You're going to seriously say that there isn't some money tacked on to the equipment price of a BMW for the name? Really? Come on, even Car and Driver knows that you're paying extra for the name. Maybe not $10K, but you are. And a lot of the reason people spend the extra money is for the name, and for the cachet of driving a BMW. And the illusion that you're not driving a shitty car fades after the third or fourth unscheduled service visit.

Seriously, I thought that the attitudes of BMW owners came from the fact that their cars were in the service departments constantly; now I think it just comes standard (and it would be the only thing!). I've seen you (Nikki) comment on EVERY thread that has anything remotely to do with BMW, and surprise surprise on what side you come down.

The TSX is a good car, you own one. Remember that. The BMW 330i is a good car too. But please, stop to BMW. The cars are different, they're in completely different price classes. And this $38K TSX has a higher level of equipment than any $38K 330i.

-rpc

I didn't say that the BMW isn't marked up because of it's name. But to pay $38k for a TSX when you could have paid $38k for a 325i fully loaded or a 330i is ridiculous.

Bone stock a 325i is more car than a loaded TSX ever will be to me. It is my choice. I am a driver, I love driving, and I don't care if my car has navi or a dvd system.

When I got into a 325i with only the sport package (~$32k) I didn't ever want to get out. It is such a thrill to drive that I could care less if the stupid thing is telling me what direction to go. I'll just keep driving it until I get lost on purpose so that I never have to go home. That's how the car makes me feel. Then I got into a 330i and I just said to myself "wow." I was simply speechless.

If you don't get into the 3 series and feel that way, then it isn't a car for you. But there is a reason that the 3 is more money and there is a reason why people continue to buy them regardless of how much their price increases; it's the way that the car makes them feel, it's the passion that they have for the car.

I have never ever felt this way about a car before, it's like love. I can't stop thinking about it. It's my baby and I have to defend it.
Old 11-17-2005, 10:44 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by 05_TSX_GP

What a moron......

I would take an M5 (the bimmer, not the Mazda ) over a TSX any freaking day!! Then of course when it comes to BMW, I'd be leasing and ditching after it expires
Just to let everyone know, I am leasing my car.
Old 11-17-2005, 10:49 AM
Top notch 6MT

Just to let everyone know, I am leasing my car.
I am leasing too...

In case you thought I was dissing "leasing", I was not. I was just making clear that when a comes to BMW, I'll for sure lease and not keep it outside of warranty period... just to be safe

As for my leasing the TSX, it's just because we've also got into the habit of getting a new car every few years, so leasing works out better for that (I know, not necessarily better financially but it's just better excuse to go car shopping).

Now back to 38k on TSX... now that is just crarzy.
Old 11-17-2005, 11:10 AM
Banned

I am leasing too...

In case you thought I was dissing "leasing", I was not. I was just making clear that when a comes to BMW, I'll for sure lease and not keep it outside of warranty period... just to be safe

As for my leasing the TSX, it's just because we've also got into the habit of getting a new car every few years, so leasing works out better for that (I know, not necessarily better financially but it's just better excuse to go car shopping).

Now back to 38k on TSX... now that is just crarzy.
I was referring to how the BMWs are known to have problems. I am leasing because of that and because it was about the same price either way. It's also better because you don't have to worry about major or minor damage affecting resale value.

and yes, I agree.
Old 11-17-2005, 11:34 AM
No-navi, yo

The TSX is not $38k regardless of whether or not some idiot paid that much. I'm talking about MSRP.
Like I said it is ironic. I don't know what is more crazy -- a (close to) $40k TSX, or ditching a brand new 2005 TSX after putting less than 5000 miles on it. Again, it is not my money, and I sure don't have that kind of money to do these kind of crazy things.

And by the way, did you pay your 330i at MSRP price?
Old 11-17-2005, 12:34 PM
Banned

What a moron......
that was not necessary sheesh :shakehead
Old 11-17-2005, 12:43 PM
Drifting

Bone stock a 325i is more car than a loaded TSX ever will be to me. It is my choice. I am a driver, I love driving, and I don't care if my car has navi or a dvd system.
Funny how people disagree. I think your car is a piece of shit. If the BMW 330 was the SAME price as the TSX I'd STILL take the TSX. The 330 may be faster and handle a little better, but the 3-series is fugly man.
Old 11-17-2005, 12:59 PM
iVTEC no koe

it's the way that the car makes them feel, it's the passion that they have for the car.
BMW drivers may have passion, but they certainly don't have skill.
Old 11-17-2005, 01:14 PM
dom
Senior Moderator

Received 801 Likes on 662 Posts
Originally Posted by Jason
Funny how people disagree. I think your car is a piece of shit. If the BMW 330 was the SAME price as the TSX I'd STILL take the TSX. The 330 may be faster and handle a little better, but the 3-series is fugly man.

But thats subjective. I personally love the new 3 series.
Old 11-17-2005, 01:37 PM
Top notch 6MT

Originally Posted by huckleberry
that was not necessary sheesh :shakehead
Everyone's thinking it... I just typed it out loud
Old 11-17-2005, 01:38 PM
Top notch 6MT

Originally Posted by dom
But thats subjective. I personally love the new 3 series.

I don't love the new 3... I only love its front-end... mean-looking front!!! Rear is another story... oh well.
Old 11-17-2005, 01:40 PM
Top notch 6MT

Originally Posted by HoRRo
BMW drivers may have passion, but they certainly don't have skill.
Now that's uncalled for

You know how many (a) BMW+TSX, (b) ex-BMW and (c) plan-to-add-back-a-BMW drivers are here?!? I know I am in two of those three groups...

:troutslap time!!!

Quick Reply: just spent 38k on TSX