just spent 38k on TSX

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2005, 04:09 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Sebo
....the 38k more like 37k~ now. time to write a check..
congratulations.
and thank you for supporting Honda
Old 11-21-2005, 06:27 PM
Racer

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
haha no shit huh! I stop by this thread everyday hopping to see any pictures. but damnnn com'on man. stop blahing about how much it cost, that was last week on page 1!!! WHERE ARE THEM PICTURES!?
Old 11-21-2005, 07:46 PM
Still Lovin my 06

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i dont get it?

Originally Posted by Nikki
I have everything he got minus navi, auto, silver steering wheel and the entertainment system. None of which I would want or use.
My car has 5900 more miles than his and it is $13,000 cheaper.
That is just insane. I can't get over the fact that anyone would pay that much.
how did you get everything he got if your car has 5900 miles? first off, that means you must have a 2005? which leaves a bunch of options out and less HP. subtract navi and you're talking 1500. i think he got ripped off on the entertainment system., but that's the only option you can really knock. he should saved another 2k on the car price, especially buying that many accessories.

so what kinda car do you have?

i'm happy, i'm getting the 2006 tsx with navi for 27,5 plus tax.
Old 11-21-2005, 07:51 PM
I'm the Firestarter

Received 697 Likes on 418 Posts
Holy shit I just scrolled through 10 pages expecting to see pics of the $38000 TSX and there's no pics! WTF?

Old 11-21-2005, 08:09 PM
Still Lovin my 06

bimmer vs tsx....

Originally Posted by Nikki
I didn't say that the BMW isn't marked up because of it's name. But to pay $38k for a TSX when you could have paid $38k for a 325i fully loaded or a 330i is ridiculous.

Bone stock a 325i is more car than a loaded TSX ever will be to me. It is my choice. I am a driver, I love driving, and I don't care if my car has navi or a dvd system.

When I got into a 325i with only the sport package (~$32k) I didn't ever want to get out. It is such a thrill to drive that I could care less if the stupid thing is telling me what direction to go. I'll just keep driving it until I get lost on purpose so that I never have to go home. That's how the car makes me feel. Then I got into a 330i and I just said to myself "wow." I was simply speechless.

If you don't get into the 3 series and feel that way, then it isn't a car for you. But there is a reason that the 3 is more money and there is a reason why people continue to buy them regardless of how much their price increases; it's the way that the car makes them feel, it's the passion that they have for the car.

I have never ever felt this way about a car before, it's like love. I can't stop thinking about it. It's my baby and I have to defend it.

i just configured the 330i to have (almost) the same features as what our boy here chose. price as configured is 43,073. assuming you can wheel and deal down about 3k, you can have it for 2k more than he paid, with less options.

you may not want the options, but you have to compare apples to apples, cant mix fruits.

and are you serious? bmw's are nice, but you have to keep in mind the extra $$ you'll spend in maintanance over the years of owning it. my dad has one, and i love driving it, but not enough to keep shoveling money into that vehicle.

bmw has people by the balls, and their quality, along with most of the german vehicles, is going down quickly. the japanese have an obvious edge over everyone else in the market, hands down.

i wouldnt take the tsx at 38k, but i wouldnt take the bimmer at 40k either.

the only reason i wouldnt take the tsx at 38k is i dont want all those features.

i think overall, he coulda paid about 1500-2000 less for the car, and maybe saved a few hundred more on the accessories. so he really didnt get taken as bad as people thought.

a little more leg work, and he coulda had a better price.

say he's a consultant, entry level, and charges about 150-200/hr for his services....

time is money people. he got what he wanted at a price he's willing to pay.

allows the dealers to give me 2006 royal blue with navi for 27,500 plus tax!
Old 11-21-2005, 08:37 PM
6MT or Death

Nikki's been banned. Exhale.
Old 11-21-2005, 08:39 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by bradykp
how did you get everything he got if your car has 5900 miles?
so what kinda car do you have?
I am afraid nikki will have to answer your questions by some other means
Old 11-21-2005, 09:18 PM
Still Lovin my 06

drive to nj

CT is not that far from NJ, couldnt you go for a ride and save 3 grand? lol.

connecticut the richest state in the US? now who's more pompous, nikki, or sebo?
Old 11-21-2005, 10:27 PM
Banned

CT is not that far from NJ, couldnt you go for a ride and save 3 grand? lol.
connecticut the richest state in the US? now who's more pompous, nikki, or sebo?
Because he does NOT care, because he does not give a shit about 3K.

http://www.answers.com/topic/connect...-capita-income
Old 11-21-2005, 11:23 PM
Por Favor?

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
those bling bling wheel options and in-car enterainment systems will quickly jack up the price of any car out the door. Throw in sales tax (which I thankfully didnt have to pay on mine) and I could see how the price could get that high.

I agree though, at under 30k the car is one of the better values out there. At 38k there's a few other appealing options.

BMW's are expensive, bottom line. A nicely equipped 06 325i (premium sound, xenon, leather, sunroof, blah blah blah) could easily hit 38k.

The 330's (the only one's I would bother looking at) comparably equipped to the TSX would be more like 42-45k, especially for the coupe. My TSX was 28,400.
Old 11-22-2005, 08:09 AM
Still Lovin my 06

well played lad

Originally Posted by huckleberry
Because he does NOT care, because he does not give a shit about 3K.

http://www.answers.com/topic/connect...-capita-income
that's cool for connecticut. it's easy to be so high though when you're a small state on the outskirts of new york city. i'm sure northern NJ has similar stats. as well as west chester county NY.

if you're out there and have an extra $3,000 to just not care about, throw it my way, i could use a nice week in italy coming up.
Old 11-22-2005, 08:46 AM
Guinea Pig

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
i put $500 down to secure the car...
Old 11-22-2005, 10:42 AM
Just dial 1911

Originally Posted by CJams
Seriously. The 06 has been out for weeks now and only one person has posted pics.

A lot of around here...
Old 11-22-2005, 11:18 AM
First US '06 TSX on board

Originally Posted by kyotousa
^^^maybe you should wait on it....2 or 3 weeks later they will call you
they wouldn't budge at first either......well actually they cut the price for like 200USD
i was like haha...byebye

ok nm..you are op

so how much is RL or TL in those dealership?
why don't u just buy it in Oregon and spend 2000 for them to ship haha
Actually, I considered buying from like Ok. The dealer was going to add the shipping to the cost. At the time, he was my best deal, then the local dealer matched it.

I just plain would not get the TSX if I had to pay that much.
Old 11-22-2005, 12:52 PM
Still Lovin my 06

dealers are trying to bid me....

Originally Posted by markcoburn
Actually, I considered buying from like Ok. The dealer was going to add the shipping to the cost. At the time, he was my best deal, then the local dealer matched it.

I just plain would not get the TSX if I had to pay that much.
Another jersey dealer, who i initially contacted to ask about price, just contacted me to see if i was still looking. he claims he can beat the other dealer's $27,500 offer. I don't believe him, but i'm going to see where he goes with this anyways. i'll keep everyone posted.

can you imagine him going below $27,500?
Old 11-27-2005, 06:49 AM
10th Gear

Originally Posted by Jason
What? I'm not entitled to my opinion and I'm ignorant for having one? Perhaps our definitions of a POS are different.

I'm sorry all, I can't stand BMW. I wouldn't want one of you paid me. So sue me.
Sorry, you really are a dumbass.
I left honda because of such ignorant fools like you.
Remember, not only TSX owners are looking at this forum/thread.

Yes, you have rights to say whatever you want. Just rememer, you are not only making yourself look stupid(which me and all the others can careless. what gives? you are a moron.), but you ALSO make thousands of other TSX owners look ignorant. Generalization isn't the best way to judge a community, but in current society, you have to deal with it. And in this case, you are the golden standard. Congradulations moron. Obviously, you are such a smartass, you aren't aware of this.

Thank god I met lots of cool Acura owners previously, even after hearing your stupid comment, I am not going to judge on all TSX owners and say they are all ignorant like you.

At age of 31, you sir, still talk like a 17 years old. I just feel bad for you. Wish you the best luck with your life, but seeing your attitude, I am not so sure how it'll work out.

Message below is for other TSX owners:

I hope all of us can establish a good relationship here. While I do understand not all BMW owners are friendly, some of them can be real cocky, I myself highly respect anything that is worth respecting. In this case, TSX is one of them. You guys have to realize though, try to limit morons like Jason running around the board and causing negative image to all the other automotive enthuasists.

I was a J30A1 enthuasist until it got totalled, and now own 2001 prelude & 2006 bmw 330i.
I know alot of people with Acura/Hondas. 5 of them owns RSXs(silver, blue, white, black, desert), one blue TSX, etc. I was also involved in local acura meet and a honda-tech meet. So I am very familiar with these cars and what they can do.

TSX is a well made car, possibly the best FWD handling sedan ever built. Only thing I don't like about TSX is that its underpowered. Heavy car with 200hp and no torque does NOT help. Otherwise, its design, awesome interior, reliability, great honda price tag, and resales make this car a bargain.

as a joke though, $38k for TSX? Oh, dear.
Old 11-27-2005, 08:12 AM
Drifting

Originally Posted by hwani.j30a-c
Sorry, you really are a dumbass.
I left honda because of such ignorant fools like you.
Remember, not only TSX owners are looking at this forum/thread.

Yes, you have rights to say whatever you want. Just rememer, you are not only making yourself look stupid(which me and all the others can careless. what gives? you are a moron.), but you ALSO make thousands of other TSX owners look ignorant. Generalization isn't the best way to judge a community, but in current society, you have to deal with it. And in this case, you are the golden standard. Congradulations moron. Obviously, you are such a smartass, you aren't aware of this.

Thank god I met lots of cool Acura owners previously, even after hearing your stupid comment, I am not going to judge on all TSX owners and say they are all ignorant like you.

At age of 31, you sir, still talk like a 17 years old. I just feel bad for you. Wish you the best luck with your life, but seeing your attitude, I am not so sure how it'll work out.

Message below is for other TSX owners:

I hope all of us can establish a good relationship here. While I do understand not all BMW owners are friendly, some of them can be real cocky, I myself highly respect anything that is worth respecting. In this case, TSX is one of them. You guys have to realize though, try to limit morons like Jason running around the board and causing negative image to all the other automotive enthuasists.

I was a J30A1 enthuasist until it got totalled, and now own 2001 prelude & 2006 bmw 330i.
I know alot of people with Acura/Hondas. 5 of them owns RSXs(silver, blue, white, black, desert), one blue TSX, etc. I was also involved in local acura meet and a honda-tech meet. So I am very familiar with these cars and what they can do.

TSX is a well made car, possibly the best FWD handling sedan ever built. Only thing I don't like about TSX is that its underpowered. Heavy car with 200hp and no torque does NOT help. Otherwise, its design, awesome interior, reliability, great honda price tag, and resales make this car a bargain.

I believe the generalizations you write of come from your side of the computer. You have no idea who I am yet you write these things based off the fact I don't like BMWs? Classic.

Also, I appreciate your (no doubt) sincere concern about me and the quality of my life. Not to worry. I'm married to a beautiful woman who I love and trust, we have nice friends, I'm successful in my job, and we're about to get a puppy. Perhaps you should worry more about you.

And for your entertainment I'll reiterate my position that I would take a TSX over a 3-series without hesitation. I get my second TSX this week.
Old 11-27-2005, 08:55 AM
Banned

The Mini is the BEST handling FWD car.
Old 11-27-2005, 05:14 PM
10th Gear

Originally Posted by LalchandYamlajat
The Mini is the BEST handling FWD car.
oh yeah, forgot about mini. they handle so damn well.
My girlfriend owns a white one. jesus, that thing can handles. I can only imagine
how good it'll be with upgraded suspension and wider wheels.

here is a pic of my girl's mini and my 330i.
Old 11-27-2005, 06:34 PM
Banned

oh yeah, forgot about mini. they handle so damn well.
My girlfriend owns a white one. jesus, that thing can handles. I can only imagine
how good it'll be with upgraded suspension and wider wheels.

here is a pic of my girl's mini and my 330i.
I love Bimmers in white. That 330i is nice
Old 11-27-2005, 08:32 PM
Racer

No doubt he got a lot of features for $36,000 (before tax).

If I was spending that much on a new car, I doubt if the TSX would even blip my radar. I'd likely end up with a BMW 330i, Mercedes C350 Sport, or Lexus IS350!

I can't decide if I feel more sorry for him now, driving a TSX when he could have had one of these other machines, or in 3-4 years, when he goes to trade it in and finds out how much money he lost in depreciation.

Well, at least he's happy.
Old 11-27-2005, 09:01 PM
Cruise Missile Lobber

Man, now everyone in here thinks people in CT don't value their money.....

I know I do....
Old 11-27-2005, 09:10 PM
Still Lovin my 06

maybe it is worth it to some people

maybe the deal is worth it. what's wrong with 36k for a tricked out tsx? add all these features to the other cars mentioned, and you'll be well over that price.

i know someone like all these guys on the board. you say you're spending 30k on an acura....and they reply with...why don't you get a lexus, forgetting that the lexus is 34k comprably equipped. then you start adding taxes and all the options....all of a sudden your 10,000 deeper into a car.

not everyone wants a bmw or a lexus....bimmer owners cant seem to comprehend that.

he still got a great car at a great price. he added features that maybe not all of us would add, but it's still a great car.
Old 11-27-2005, 11:40 PM
10th Gear

not everyone wants a bmw or a lexus....bimmer owners cant seem to comprehend that.
If I had 42k to spend on a car, i would not settle for a TSX. thats the bottom line.
for ME that is. If I had over 70k+ spend on a car, I would not settle for a bmw.
If I had over 400k to spend on a car, I would be driving a Ferrari, and looking down on MB/BMW owners.

Of course, except for the guy in this thread who bought TSX for 38k. Now, he is a true TSX lover.

but you are right. just "maybe" its worth it for some people. To each on their own.
TSX is a great car.
Old 11-27-2005, 11:44 PM
10th Gear

Originally Posted by LalchandYamlajat
I love Bimmers in white. That 330i is nice
thank you.
For me, when it comes down to cars, its all about white.
It all started when I first got my honda in white.
Old 11-28-2005, 12:16 AM
Instructor

where are the damn pics? i wanna see how much better a 38000 dollar TSX looks than a 27000 dollar TSX.
Old 11-28-2005, 12:28 AM
Drifting

I'm still not sure why everyone is shocked about this purchase. It was $38K out the door which means it was more like $35K before tax. That's still too much money for a TSX but only by a few thousand or so. $2000 adds up pretty quickly with some of the other brands, and this guys ends up with a killer TSX. Next time try negotiating.
Old 11-28-2005, 12:42 AM
Por Favor?

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by fedlawman
No doubt he got a lot of features for $36,000 (before tax).

If I was spending that much on a new car, I doubt if the TSX would even blip my radar. I'd likely end up with a BMW 330i, Mercedes C350 Sport, or Lexus IS350!

I can't decide if I feel more sorry for him now, driving a TSX when he could have had one of these other machines, or in 3-4 years, when he goes to trade it in and finds out how much money he lost in depreciation.

Well, at least he's happy.
LOL, you cant get any of those cars nicely loaded for 36k. Sorry to break it to you.
Old 11-28-2005, 02:40 AM
10th Gear

Originally Posted by Brandon24pdx
LOL, you cant get any of those cars nicely loaded for 36k. Sorry to break it to you.
then add 2 more grand and get them.

A person ready to pull out 36k on a car shouldn't worry too much about just 2 grand. Unless they overlooked their income, bought a car that they can't afford and now seriously regretting it.

Obviously this guy had enough money. he did have nasty look on he's face, but hey, he still isn't complaining so much. what does that tell you? for me, it tells me the guy is bankin' and maybe, just maybe he was financially ready to buy a nicely loaded IS350 or mildly loaded bmw back home which he didn't.

And THAT tells me he LOVES the TS X.

I really want to see that 38k TSX though. lets see how it looks like. Does it have comfort access?
Old 11-28-2005, 04:47 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 638 Likes on 276 Posts
i put $500 down to secure the car.

believe me, these dealers will not lower the price of the car.. i tried about 10 dealers in my state already and they will not budge on the price, the lowest i've found was about $500 below MSRP. dealers here aren't desperate for a sale, they won't drop that much. i guess that's why CT is the richest state in the US.

i did shop around for prices first.. anyway, it's a done deal because this is the lowest price i've found. i did manage to get a few bucks off on accessories, the 38k more like 37k~ now. time to write a check..

I have used underwear with stains on them, i bet i could get you to buy them if i said they were one of a kind.
Old 11-28-2005, 04:53 AM
Senior Moderator

I'm still not sure why everyone is shocked about this purchase. It was $38K out the door which means it was more like $35K before tax. That's still too much money for a TSX but only by a few thousand or so. $2000 adds up pretty quickly with some of the other brands, and this guys ends up with a killer TSX. Next time try negotiating.
What? I'm not entitled to my opinion and I'm ignorant for having one? .

Im shocked you dont like BMWs, whats your point?

We think he overpaid and you think BMWs suck. Then again most people have given vaild reasons on how he overpaid. You just talk shit like a 14 year old and say somthing is a POS without explaining. How many more times in this thread are you gonna mention that you dont like BMW.
Old 11-28-2005, 04:56 AM
Senior Moderator

i could of bought an M5, but i didnt want a BMW. i want to pay for a car, not a name

Too many funny quotes in this thread
Old 11-28-2005, 08:23 AM
dom
Senior Moderator

Received 801 Likes on 662 Posts
Is there a link from ramblings to this thread.

First now
Old 11-28-2005, 08:52 AM
Still Lovin my 06

wrong to say POS but....

Originally Posted by Crazy Sellout
Im shocked you dont like BMWs, whats your point?

We think he overpaid and you think BMWs suck. Then again most people have given vaild reasons on how he overpaid. You just talk shit like a 14 year old and say somthing is a POS without explaining. How many more times in this thread are you gonna mention that you dont like BMW.

The thing is, it can be argued that BMWs are not great cars anymore. Don't get me wrong, I love the M3 and M5. the style is very sleek on all bimmers. The bottom line is: german cars have been going downhill for quite some time now and japanese cars are taking the edge in the quality department. and more often than not, it's not just spending "another 2,000" to get the cars you speak of, or you're giving up a lot of options.

the fact of the matter is, he got a great car for 37,000 including tax, a dealer installed dvd video system, the body kit, a set of wheels, etc. add custom wheels to the price of the beamer and see where the price goes....stop comparing a stock bmw or lexus to a loaded acura tsx. you aren't giving a fair argument either.
Old 11-28-2005, 08:53 AM
Guinea Pig

OK!!! I'm tired of the blah blah.....

I think this guy is full of shyte! He didn't get an '06 TSX.

Forget the pics because he is full of
Old 11-28-2005, 09:41 AM
6MT or Death

Die Thread Die!
Old 11-28-2005, 10:22 AM
Just dial 1911

Originally Posted by nsxiballer
where are the damn pics? i wanna see how much better a 38000 dollar TSX looks than a 27000 dollar TSX.
He only put a deposit down...Dosent have the car yet.
Old 11-28-2005, 11:18 AM
Guinea Pig

^^^^Ah ha! No wonder!
Old 11-28-2005, 01:02 PM
10th Gear

lol. I'll save everything i was going to say. Have fun with your souped up tsx. Don't get stuck in the small world, you can't see the big world.
Like the guy who thinks he could've gotten a M5(righttttt..) but wanted a "real car" and bought a FWD 4 door honda with 10pds of torque.
At least get a S2000 and say that. and that'll still be pretty funny.

Its almost funny as 3 series owners saying they could smoke M3s on the highway. or like that stupid M3 owner who lost the oil cap and stuck a sock in there instead.
Old 11-28-2005, 01:29 PM
My Garage

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Wow, what a great thread this was

Quick Reply: just spent 38k on TSX