I wish the Homelink buttons were illuminated...

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2003 | 09:20 PM
Drifting

Unhappy I wish the Homelink buttons were illuminated...

Do you also wish that the Homelink buttons were illuminated? I found them rather difficult to find at night, so I have to really feel for them when it's dark. Considering that most other things were illuminated in the TSX, this should have been too!

The other minor complaint I have is that the doors don't automatically lock themselves when the car moves. This has been discussed in another thread already...

Anyway, these are just minor, picky things really... the car is still great!
Old 12-16-2003 | 09:24 PM
ABP TSX

YES, I have had that thought several times. It would be nice to have the buttoms illuminated just like the majority of the other control buttons.
Old 12-16-2003 | 10:23 PM
fdl
Senior Moderator

I agree. Nothing too bright though.
Old 12-16-2003 | 10:52 PM
2006 DGP Sold 10/24/2012

Re: I wish the Homelink buttons were illuminated...

Originally posted by ostrich
The other minor complaint I have is that the doors don't automatically lock themselves when the car moves.
Thank God!!!

The Homelink buttons are easy enough to find once you become accustomed to their location and the individual feel of each, but it does take a while.

A memory for the driver's seat would be a nice addition though.....

Santa Rosa Steve
Old 12-16-2003 | 11:53 PM
-phase-

well the blue illuminated light is remotely close to the homelink buttons...so i guess they could help out a bit..just set all three homelink buttons to operate the garage door...so all you have to do is roughly know where it is and press on any button

even the 1997 dodge caravan my family owns has the auto-lock feature... but i discovered that you could just put your arm up on the ledge....and push the driver's side lock down....and it will lock the rest of the car..
Old 12-17-2003 | 10:24 AM
STL
Three Wheelin'

Re: Re: I wish the Homelink buttons were illuminated...

Originally posted by Santa Rosa Steve
A memory for the driver's seat would be a nice addition though.....
Yes it would! To me that is much more important than illuminating the homelink buttons. Maybe we will see that added for the 2005 models.
Old 12-17-2003 | 10:39 AM
Instructor

I dont like that if the driver's door is locked and i pull the handle to open it, the door doesnt unlock and open!
Old 12-17-2003 | 01:01 PM
My other "car" is a 4x4

You guys complaining about door-locking issues must have traded in or are accustomed to GM, Ford, or Chrysler products. I own a Honda, a Nissan, and now the Acura, and none of these cars auto-lock the doors at a certain speed or allow you to unlock the doors merely by opening them. (I think it's because they're LOCKED.)

[edit: actually, now that I think about it, it makes sense that if the door automatically locks for you, it should automatically unlock for you when you open it. That way, you don't ever have to think! ]
Old 12-17-2003 | 01:05 PM
So, do you like...stuff?

Originally posted by XPLORx4
You guys complaining about door-locking issues must have traded in or are accustomed to GM, Ford, or Chrysler products. I own a Honda, a Nissan, and now the Acura, and none of these cars auto-lock the doors at a certain speed or allow you to unlock the doors merely by opening them. (I think it's because they're LOCKED.)

my old GM had some of those features - and i hated them.

Autolock doors = teh suck
Old 12-17-2003 | 03:01 PM
Pro

Do you also wish that the Homelink buttons were illuminated? I found them rather difficult to find at night, so I have to really feel for them when it's dark. Considering that most other things were illuminated in the TSX, this should have been too!

The other minor complaint I have is that the doors don't automatically lock themselves when the car moves. This has been discussed in another thread already...
I wish this car had everything that a $32,000 car would have and yet remained at $26,990... When will people realize that this is how they cut costs? That is why I laugh every time when people say well if you compare the TSX to an equally equipped ??? it would cost ???. The TSX isn't necessarily "fully loaded". The truth is that they included all of the "show items" that people talk about, Xenons, Sunroof, etc... and skimped on all of the little "behind the scenes" things like memory seats, power passenger seat, one-touch auto controls, illuminated buttons on the steering wheel and overhead console, etc...
I personally think that if you were satisfied enough to buy the car, quit sweating the small stuff that made this car more affordable.
Old 12-17-2003 | 03:40 PM
2006 DGP Sold 10/24/2012

No need to get upset Buff-Daddy.

We're just having a little fun here, and I'm sure you're not the only one who realizes that everything has its price. Imagine these little wish lists as brief excursions into fantasyland, if you will, it's more fun that way...

Santa Rosa Steve
Old 12-17-2003 | 03:54 PM
Suzuka Master

Originally posted by RogerPodacter
....Autolock doors = teh suck
Old 12-18-2003 | 08:46 AM
spc
Instructor

Here you go. Even though it is a different model, but it is also a Honda car. Hope it help.
Old 12-18-2003 | 10:14 PM
such a dirty birdy

I also wish the homelink buttons were illuminated. On my way into the garage tonight, I came up with a possible solution - since I have only one garage door I need to program for, I could just program all three buttons for the same door. Then I wouldn't need to worry about finding the right button in the dark, any of 'em would do.