How Many N. E. Ohio TSX Owners?

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2004 | 08:28 PM
Intermediate

How Many N. E. Ohio TSX Owners?

How many of us are out there and where did you buy your cars?
Old 04-03-2004 | 08:49 PM
10th Gear

got mine at Park Acura in Akron on Feb 27th.
NBP/Parchment/A5/no nav
Old 04-06-2004 | 09:37 PM
Instructor

Park Acura of Akron also. CG/QTZ?Auto with Navi
Old 04-06-2004 | 10:30 PM
I kAnt Spel guD

I got my Accord from Park Honda and some of my upgrades at Park Acura :P

Need a great deal on parts:
Ask for John at the part's counter (Acura) and tell him Chad with the RED Accord sent you, Johns the Shnizzle :P
Old 04-06-2004 | 11:07 PM
Senior Moderator

I've got an 04 TL, not a TSX, but I AM from NE OH. Just shouting out! Bought at Motorcars in october.
Old 04-07-2004 | 08:55 PM
Drifting

Hey guys! Another NE Ohioan here!

Though I live in the Cleveland area, I got my TSX from Park Acura in Akron also. I went to Motorcars initially but they treated me so badly that I decided to travel 50 miles to Akron to get my TSX! I am so glad that I did, because Park Acura had very professional sales and service people, and they also gave me a much better deal than that Motorcars place in Cleveland. Motorcars supposedly had won these awards as an Acura dealer - I had no idea how they did it, because the way that a couple of salespeople treated me was truly disgraceful and I would never buy a car from that place.

Neuronbob, I am so envious of your TL! LOL! I had a very tough time deciding between the TSX and TL - I could afford either, but in the end the TSX won because of the folding rear seats!!! Anyway, from time to time, I go through periods when I just wished that I had gotten the TL and I am going through one right now... LOL!

I wonder when the new Acura dealership on the west side near I-480 will be open? I think it's Jack Wolfe Acura...
Old 04-07-2004 | 09:47 PM
Intermediate

Ostrich...
I had a very similar experience at Motorcars. They offered a minimal amount off MSRP and that was only if I took a TSX they already had on their lot. ( They had almost none) If I wanted them to find one for me elsewhere the price would go up $500 !!!

I too am now talking with Park.
Old 04-07-2004 | 11:42 PM
Drifting

Acuraaddict, the worst part about Motorcars was not even about their lousy price - it was their attitude. They made it sound like they were the only player in town, selling these really hot cars, so "take it or leave it". They were rude and arrogant. It was completely unnecessary. The Park Acura people told me that they had a lot of clients who drove down from Cleveland to Park Acura for the same reason! I wonder if things will change when Jack Wolfe Acura opens up in Cleveland.
Old 04-08-2004 | 10:11 AM
sss
1st Gear

Thumbs up Cleveland-MOTORCARS

Hi everyone,

I am a regular reader and a first-time poster, although I have had my TSX (6-sp, no nav.) for almost a year now.

I purchased my TSX at MOTORCARS ACURA Cleveland back in April 2003 right after its release (had a $1,000 deposit on it). However, I knew the sales person, who is the brother of a lady I work with. Sales and service experience have been great so far, but I have really had no issues with the car. I have just been taking it for regular scheduled maintenance.
Old 04-09-2004 | 12:42 PM
Senior Moderator

I had the exact opposite experience from you guys! I tried to buy from Park Acura but I had a really bad experience (I had a trade and they severely lowballed it, wouldn't budge at all, and basically showed me the door when I wouldn't play ball--spent less than 15 minutes in the dealership). I wonder who you guys dealt with at Motorcars. I've purchased two Acuras from them now and they've always treated me quite well. Of course, with the 2004 TL, I bought BEFORE the official release date (shhhh!) at MSRP (usually wouldn't, but the TL was worth it). Doesn't matter where you bought as long as you like what you got, it's all good!

The new dealership, I believe, is going to be called "Westside Acura" according to Crain's Cleveland. I hope this opens up some more pricing competition (e.g. lower prices the next time I shop for an Acura).

Ostrich, I was already in the 2G TL when the TSX came out. It's a REALLY nice car. In fact, I was having service at my dealer when I saw a gorgeous black one with ground effects and tint. All I could do was drool....... However, when the new TL was released, it was all I could do to control myself, I almost peed my pants when I found out about it--right on this site. I do wish the seats folded down, however; but with 270 hp and tighter steering and suspension than the 2G TL, I tend to forget about that.

Are any of you guys going to the NE Ohio Acura meet down near Canton next month?
Old 04-10-2004 | 08:32 AM
Drifting

sss and neuronbob, I was very curious to see your response! I guess there are bad and good salespeople in every car dealership, it was unfortunate that I met at least 2 at Motorcars...

Anyway, I also can't wait to see the new Acura dealership in the Cleveland area! I am sure that a little bit of competition here will bring the price down in this area :-)

neuronbob, you really made me want the TL now!!! ARGH!!! LOL My favorite is the Anthracite TL with the camel interior... it's sooooo hot........
Old 04-10-2004 | 10:25 PM
Intermediate

Well, there is now one more N.E. Ohio TSX owner. I took delivery today of a SSM/Ebony, no Nav TSX this afternoon from Park Acura.

Got a good deal, better than most I read about, and drove it home. One more sale that Motorcars lost, it was certainly my gain.

Any of you who drove your TSX's through this past winter use snow tires? If so what did you use and did you buy a set of winter wheels?