Future TSX Buyers : Possible Group Buy in North California?

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2004, 05:44 PM
Cruisin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I just got a call form our salesperson. Hint:

My car is in!
I'm going in, either Friday or Saturday. Time to clean the garage. Bolt down anything that could potentially fall on my new car.
Who else is ready to pick-up their car?

I know Emperuman is the 1st to pick-up.
Am I 2nd or 3rd?
CG/Quartz/AT/No-Navi
Old 12-13-2004, 07:58 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by WillTSX
CG/Quartz/AT/No-Navi
I think i actually saw the car u want, yesterday when I went in to pick up mine. Our cars were standing side by side, and there was this other customer who said, "Those are the two best colors for that car" . Ofcourse i think NHB is THE best of the lot but that argument will always continue.

Good luck with ur pickup. I am sure u will enjoy it as much as I did
Old 12-13-2004, 08:54 PM
10th Gear

My TSX is ready too!!! Pick up is Friday cause I'm traveling this week. Can't wait to see it. It is here 4 days sooner than the earliest date promised. That's great service!

PWP/PMT/No-nav/AT
Old 12-13-2004, 11:40 PM
Advanced

I just got a call form our salesperson. Hint:

My car is in!
I'm going in, either Friday or Saturday. Time to clean the garage. Bolt down anything that could potentially fall on my new car.
Who else is ready to pick-up their car?

I know Emperuman is the 1st to pick-up.
Am I 2nd or 3rd?
CG/Quartz/AT/No-Navi
Lucky!!!

didn't call me yet. He better or else ... j/k

CG/Ebony/AT/No-Navi
Old 12-14-2004, 11:47 AM
4th Gear

I finally got mY TSX!!

Originally Posted by emperuman
Yes I got it . I just came back home. It was a long day of going there by bus and coming back in the sweet ride. There was an accident on I80 and I was stuck in traffic close to 3 hours. Damn, I did a 159 mile trip in 7 hours. Can u believe that? (well that includes brunch and dinner time too )

I will post some pics tomorrow guys without fail. Havent got my digicam with me, just the SLR.
I think I got my AT/CG/Ebony/w/ Nav same day as U.. I am happy with the outcome.. Although I got suckered into gettin' the protection pack (wheel locks, trunk tray & mud guards), or else they're about to charge me $100 to take it off.. Dayam! Did anyone else get the protect pack???

I got stuck in I-80 but I enjoyed my ride back to SJ while skimming through my XM stations! woot! woot!..

I would like to know.. What is appropriate way to Break In the car ?? At what speed???any input is appreciated..

And today,,,I jus found a 'lil nick in my bumper with a slight scuffed mark! What should I do to fix that???

Thanks again ... everyone who participated in the group buy!!!
Old 12-15-2004, 05:12 PM
Instructor

Pics

Ok guys, here u go. Atlast i got the digital camera to take some pics. Here it is, my NHB/EB TSX. I was actually planning to name "HIM" 'le machine'. what do u guys think??

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...e/MVC-570F.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...e/MVC-569F.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...e/MVC-568F.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...e/MVC-567F.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...e/MVC-566F.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...e/MVC-565F.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...e/MVC-564F.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...e/MVC-563F.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...e/MVC-562F.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...e/MVC-561F.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...e/MVC-560F.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...e/MVC-559F.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...e/MVC-558F.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...e/MVC-557F.jpg
Old 12-15-2004, 06:11 PM
Cruisin'

Nice pics. Car looks hot.
Old 12-15-2004, 07:05 PM
Banned

Oh my god, do you live in Santa Cruz? I have a girlfriend that use to live in that apartment complex!
Old 12-16-2004, 01:07 AM
Instructor

Originally Posted by kenji4861
Oh my god, do you live in Santa Cruz? I have a girlfriend that use to live in that apartment complex!
Yes I live in Santa Cruz. Its lovely here and the TSX is a rare car here.

Today my neighbour said, he has to wash his Camry to be even worth sitting in the same car port as my TSX. NHB RULES
Old 12-16-2004, 01:19 AM
G36
Instructor

Yes I live in Santa Cruz. Its lovely here and the TSX is a rare car here.

Today my neighbour said, he has to wash his Camry to be even worth sitting in the same car port as my TSX. NHB RULES

Hey, I've seen that car somewhere before!! LOL!
Old 12-16-2004, 01:59 AM
Intermediate

Emperuman... nice!!!!! I am definitely envious of you and your new ride, you're making my wait even more agonizing.

You're gonna call him "Le Machine"? You make it sound like that cartoon skunk Pepe LePew! :lol: I was thinking more along the lines of BAMF (Bad Ass Mutha F**ker). Well, maybe if you tint the windows.

Enjoy the ride.
Old 12-16-2004, 05:13 AM
Moderator Alumnus

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Ok guys, here u go. Atlast i got the digital camera to take some pics. Here it is, my NHB/EB TSX. I was actually planning to name "HIM" 'le machine'. what do u guys think??
Actually, that would have to be "la Machine".

I actually call some of my things I like because of their high quality or high capacity "la machine de guerre", meaning the war machine. (it can handle lots of abuse)

sauceman, who is a French-speaking
Old 12-16-2004, 09:16 AM
Photography Nerd

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by sauceman
Actually, that would have to be "la Machine".

I actually call some of my things I like because of their high quality or high capacity "la machine de guerre", meaning the war machine. (it can handle lots of abuse)

sauceman, who is a French-speaking
La seule manière que je puis parler français est avec les outils de la langue de Google.

Old 12-16-2004, 12:11 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by Dan Martin
La seule manière que je puis parler français est avec les outils de la langue de Google.

Now now, exactly what does that mean??
Old 12-16-2004, 12:25 PM
Intermediate

"The only way that I can speak french is with the Google language tools."
Old 12-16-2004, 01:31 PM
Photography Nerd

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts

Sorry for the
Old 12-16-2004, 02:39 PM
Moderator Alumnus

Originally Posted by Dan Martin

Well it looks like the Google traduction tools are pretty damn effective, because that was very good. It actually beats many translations of shelf products we buy. You have to be bilingual to just ROFL when you read the crazy translations some companies come out with!

Oh yes, (although it looks like this thread has reached it's goal already)
Old 12-17-2004, 01:23 AM
G36
Instructor

Just a few more posts and this will be the most viewed thread here
Old 12-17-2004, 01:42 PM
Cruisin'

I'll do my best to make it the most viewed.
Thanks to Kenji to start this thread and G36 to follow through.
I'm picking up my car tomorrow, and I know this will be the beginning of a perfect relationship.
I'll try to be patient and not wax the car right away. There was a post either here or s2k.com about not to wax the car immediately. The reason was the paint might not fully cure.
What wax do you intend to use for your new toy?
Old 12-18-2004, 01:33 AM
G36
Instructor

How long did it take to get your car. Was it a dealer trade or did it just come in?

As for wax, use carnauba, it breathes and is safe on clear coat because it breathes.

Glad this all worked out for everyone

Still waiting on ours, maybe by the end of the year but not holding my breath
Old 12-18-2004, 01:37 AM
G36
Instructor

We are now the #1 viewed thread
Old 12-18-2004, 01:11 PM
10th Gear

picked up our new ride!!!!

Hi all-
Just wanted to let you know we picked up our PWP/Pmt/Auto/non nav last night. The whole check out went without a hitch and was a lot of fun. There are so many cool features on this car! I'm going out right now for a spin. Jesus was a real pleasure to deal with. This was the easiest car buy ever for us. Thanks again Len!!!!!
Old 12-19-2004, 01:02 AM
G36
Instructor

Old 12-19-2004, 01:07 AM
Advanced

Great new, larrymoecurly! Fortunately for me, you got the non-nav PWP/Auto, so I had to get the next Nav model coming in--probably around 12/25. I'm trying to keep a straight face and avoid jumping up and down....but I CAN'T WAIT!!
Old 12-19-2004, 06:11 AM
Moderator Alumnus

Do keep a straight face and avoid jumping up and down...
Old 12-19-2004, 12:37 PM
10th Gear

Originally Posted by Dr. T
Great new, larrymoecurly! Fortunately for me, you got the non-nav PWP/Auto, so I had to get the next Nav model coming in--probably around 12/25. I'm trying to keep a straight face and avoid jumping up and down....but I CAN'T WAIT!!

Well, that's one way to justify getting the NAV! You'll love the PWP. I was just a little unsure about whether I should get the SSM or the PWP, and I'm so glad I got the PWP. It looks amazing day and night! Hope you pick up your ride ASAP.
Old 12-20-2004, 12:19 AM
Instructor

Originally Posted by larrymoecurly
Well, that's one way to justify getting the NAV! You'll love the PWP. I was just a little unsure about whether I should get the SSM or the PWP, and I'm so glad I got the PWP. It looks amazing day and night! Hope you pick up your ride ASAP.
I will have to respectfully disagree NBP looks amazing day and night
Old 12-20-2004, 01:21 AM
G2 TSX

Originally Posted by Dr. T
Is this going to be a dealer trade or a fresh one coming from Japan?
Old 12-20-2004, 03:00 AM
Cruisin'

I picked up my car on Saturday! My car came in naturaly and no care package was installed. Only 7 miles on the Odometer. Didn't get my rebate yet.

Can't floor it, so don't know about hard acceleration. However, it's faster than Ford Focus w/o ever reaching 4K RPM (Rental car)
Exited early to take Hwy 12. Can't stand getting passed by semi's.@ 65 mph.
XM reception of Opera complements perfectly with the scenic winding roads of Sonoma Valley. Never was an Opera fan until that day. A lot of 40 mph turns were taken at 60 mph w/o effort. What a sweet ride.

This is my 6th new car shopping experience and the best ever by far. If it weren't for 's detailed walk through of the car, I would have gotten out of there in half an hour.
Thanks Len. I hope you get your car soon.

1st Mod: removed front license plate frame. Need to be more aerodynamic.
Future Mod: remove redundant acura lettering on trunk lid, and possibly TSX.

2 photos for now.
http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/will325i/my_photos
Old 12-20-2004, 04:05 PM
Advanced

Jack Slate:

This will be a new one fresh off the boat.
Old 12-20-2004, 04:28 PM
G36
Instructor

I picked up my car on Saturday! My car came in naturaly and no care package was installed. Only 7 miles on the Odometer. Didn't get my rebate yet.

Can't floor it, so don't know about hard acceleration. However, it's faster than Ford Focus w/o ever reaching 4K RPM (Rental car)
Exited early to take Hwy 12. Can't stand getting passed by semi's.@ 65 mph.
XM reception of Opera complements perfectly with the scenic winding roads of Sonoma Valley. Never was an Opera fan until that day. A lot of 40 mph turns were taken at 60 mph w/o effort. What a sweet ride.

This is my 6th new car shopping experience and the best ever by far. If it weren't for 's detailed walk through of the car, I would have gotten out of there in half an hour.
Thanks Len. I hope you get your car soon.

1st Mod: removed front license plate frame. Need to be more aerodynamic.
Future Mod: remove redundant acura lettering on trunk lid, and possibly TSX.

2 photos for now.
http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/will325i/my_photos

Old 12-20-2004, 08:49 PM
Cruisin'

Based on emails and treads from the individuals that are in the goup buy, I have the following people that have picked up their cars:

1) Emperuman
2) TSXMine05
3) WillTSX
4) Keichan82
5) LarryMoeCurley
6) initial (B.Z)

B.Z supposed to be number 6 so the dealer should have given you the rebate when you picked up your car last weekend and should start with the rest of the people that have not pick up their cars yet. The other five should contact the dealer for their rebate now.

Let me know if I'm wrong with the number of people that have picked up their cars.
Old 12-20-2004, 11:52 PM
G36
Instructor

Originally Posted by tsxforme2005
Based on emails and treads from the individuals that are in the goup buy, I have the following people that have picked up their cars:

1) Emperuman
2) TSXMine05
3) WillTSX
4) Keichan82
5) LarryMoeCurley
6) initial (B.Z)

B.Z supposed to be number 6 so the dealer should have given you the rebate when you picked up your car last weekend and should start with the rest of the people that have not pick up their cars yet. The other five should contact the dealer for their rebate now.

Let me know if I'm wrong with the number of people that have picked up their cars.

Also:

SFTSX

and initials GR and KM

I don't think TSXmine05 has yet, tho I thought they did. Anyway, it's more than 6 HAVE picked up their cars!
Old 12-21-2004, 01:33 AM
8th Gear

tsxforme2005,
Yes I have picked up the car on Sunday. However, I was only given a rebate voucher. They said that the rebate would have to go through the finance department and will be issue to everyone at the same time so no one would be given rebate twice by mistake. As for the time frame, it should be within 2 weeks (at least this was what they said).
Old 12-21-2004, 04:39 PM
Cruisin'

Originally Posted by blzhong
tsxforme2005,
Yes I have picked up the car on Sunday. However, I was only given a rebate voucher. They said that the rebate would have to go through the finance department and will be issue to everyone at the same time so no one would be given rebate twice by mistake. As for the time frame, it should be within 2 weeks (at least this was what they said).
I think that's a B.S explanation from the dealer about the rebate. We have a deal with them that when 6 cars are picked up and the sales are completed, the rebate will be given. I'm looking at the copy of the voucher now and it clearly state that "$500 back to customer when 6 sales completed." We held our ends of the deal and they should too. Maybe I'm being paranoid, but I rather have our money in our bank account earning interest than in the dealer's bank account. I don't understand why we would have to wait another 2 weeks for the rebate when 6 cars have been sold a week ago. What will the dealer tells us after the second weeks, that we have to wait another week and so forth. I think the individuals that have picked up their cars should contact the dealer and demand the rebate now. If we don't speak up, the dealer will walk over us and hold on to the rebate as long as they can.
Old 12-23-2004, 01:00 AM
G2 TSX

I would like to thank G36 for all his efforts organizing this group buy. Even though it didn't work out for me, ( wasn't able to get the car that I wanted), I certainly appreciate all of your efforts. Hey, at least I referred 'tsxmine05' for the group buy.

I would also like to mention that is a great sales guy that I have had pleasant dialogue with for the past month. I would not hesitate to recommend him to future Acura buyers. I will definitely give him a call when I buy my White Diamond Pearl TL in a couple of years.
Old 12-28-2004, 01:12 AM
Intermediate

Anyone who's getting an MT/Navi actually get their car yet?
Old 12-29-2004, 05:50 PM
Cruisin'

Just got a call from the dealer today. My car is in. Picking it up this weekend. One thing that is disconcerning to me is that when I signed the contract, the contract said there are 10 miles on the car. When I asked the sales guy how many miles are now on the car, he told me 25 miles. His explanation was that a supervisor was test driving the car to make sure it was okay. Sounds kidda fishy to me.

What do you think I should do? I trusted the dealer that it would have only 10 miles, now it's 25.

Please advise.
Thx.
Old 12-29-2004, 10:48 PM
Advanced

I was told that a technician would drive the car 7 miles before I get it. I don't think this is any big deal at all compared with the deal we're getting. I was also told by that no one else would drive my car. If it had 25 miles on it I wouldn't worry.
Old 12-29-2004, 11:38 PM
Intermediate

I got the news that my car is in (but I had to settle for my second color choice). I just gotta get the VIN, arrange insurance and pick it up in the next couple days.

Since mine's a dealer trade it's going to have over a hundred miles on the odometer, so compared to 25 miles I don't think you should worry!

Quick Reply: Future TSX Buyers : Possible Group Buy in North California?