Future TSX Buyers : Possible Group Buy in North California?

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2004, 01:53 PM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by SF_TSX
Did they charge you extra for that? They are not suppose to charge you extra for that.

I am trying to get hold of the salesman. I will keep you posted.
Yes, he wants to charge me $100 to cover driver costs! So basically you're telling me I'm getting ripped? Thx for the info.
Old 12-10-2004, 02:04 PM
G36
Instructor

Your warranty starts when you pick the car up,regardlees what the mileage says, it starts from that mileage. Dealer trades are very common, they are trying to get the cars U want as soon as they can for U. I wouldn't let that be a deal breaker because no dealer around the No Cal area will sell it to U for 500 over! Something to think about!
Old 12-10-2004, 02:18 PM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by G36
Your warranty starts when you pick the car up,regardlees what the mileage says, it starts from that mileage. Dealer trades are very common, they are trying to get the cars U want as soon as they can for U. I wouldn't let that be a deal breaker because no dealer around the No Cal area will sell it to U for 500 over! Something to think about!
The warranty mileage thing was actually the salesperson's idea so I figure I'd pass that one along. After all, it depends on what they write on the paper?

Yeah, I won't let it be a deal breaker... just trying to get the same treatment as everyone else, you know?
Old 12-10-2004, 04:30 PM
G36
Instructor

Cool!

I'm just glad this whole thing worked out and everything went well and everyone will get what they want at a decent price! That's what this was all about! And I think we all had fun doing it! It took some work and alot of hours on the computer and phone, but was worth it!
Old 12-10-2004, 04:39 PM
Intermediate

I'm just glad this whole thing worked out and everything went well and everyone will get what they want at a decent price! That's what this was all about! And I think we all had fun doing it! It took some work and alot of hours on the computer and phone, but was worth it!
Thank you very much for your effort. It is much appreciated.
Old 12-10-2004, 04:56 PM
Intermediate

Did anyone in the group buy make a deposit for your car. If you did, did you do it before or after you received the paper work? I just spoke to the dealer yesterday, and he basically said my word was good enough to secure the car. I'm always one to be skeptical, so your input would be valued.

By the way, Fatty Tuna, if you have time and don't want to mess with the dealer trades and the protection pack, have them order your car or wait until they get one in inventory (if they already have one like yours on the way from Japan). It could possibly hold you up until February or March, but if you want to cut through the bullshit and you have time, it may be worth it to you. I personally am indifferent about a dealer trade, but I wouldn’t want to pay extra money for my car to get extra miles on it up front.
Old 12-10-2004, 05:55 PM
G36
Instructor

Murphjuice

I'm trying to straighten out my paper work here, I nee to match up your name to your screen name, could U please E-Mail me your name,

Thanks

LDRedding@charter.net.

Thanks again.
Old 12-10-2004, 05:57 PM
G36
Instructor

I found it!
Old 12-11-2004, 12:34 AM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Fatty Tuna
SF_TSX, can you confirm that it was a dealer trade? Because it sounds like they didn't tell you and they didn't charge you the extra money to pay the dealer trade driver.

If so I want to know because I certainly don't want to pay for my driver!!

It's confirmed that my car is a dealer trade. It is coming from the bay area and I have to drive up there and bring the car back to bay area.
Old 12-11-2004, 01:15 AM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by SF_TSX
It's confirmed that my car is a dealer trade. It is coming from the bay area and I have to drive up there and bring the car back to bay area.
Did they charge you extra for the cost of the driver who transported the car from the bay area???
Old 12-11-2004, 01:23 AM
G36
Instructor

Originally Posted by murphjuice
Thank you very much for your effort. It is much appreciated.

No problem and thanks!

Did you buy one yet or put a deposit down?
Old 12-11-2004, 12:14 PM
Instructor

Has anyone picked up their car without providing insurance papers? S#^t looks like my car is in today/tomm but I cant reach my insurance agent, being a weekend. Is there any workaround for this?
Old 12-11-2004, 12:56 PM
Intermediate

Did they charge you extra for the cost of the driver who transported the car from the bay area???
No, they didn't. But even they do, I gonna refuse to pay it. They never mention it is a dealer trade.
Old 12-11-2004, 01:33 PM
G36
Instructor

Originally Posted by emperuman
Has anyone picked up their car without providing insurance papers? S#^t looks like my car is in today/tomm but I cant reach my insurance agent, being a weekend. Is there any workaround for this?

If you have existing ins. in place, U should be covered in most cases for 30 days till U add it to your policy. At least that's the way AAA handles it. Just show them your existing ins. card. That should be fine!
Old 12-11-2004, 01:45 PM
Cruisin'

I just got my purchase contract. No deposit needed. They want a single check in full amount.
It listed the car as 10 miles with VIN #. No mention of color or package.
Is there somewhere on the internet that I can look up the status and config. of my car with the VIN?
I've been very happy with my contact from the dealership. No extra trade add-on nor unwanted care package.
This is the best car shopping experience thus far. I'll stop now before I jinx myself.
Old 12-11-2004, 01:57 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by WillTSX
I just got my purchase contract. No deposit needed. They want a single check in full amount.
It listed the car as 10 miles with VIN #. No mention of color or package.
Is there somewhere on the internet that I can look up the status and config. of my car with the VIN?
I've been very happy with my contact from the dealership. No extra trade add-on nor unwanted care package.
This is the best car shopping experience thus far. I'll stop now before I jinx myself.
I second that. My contract had the exact same info. The salesguy has been very calm and not pushy at all.

One question on the Sales Tax. I have to pay Sales Tax based on where I live rite?? Not based on where I pick up the car.
Old 12-11-2004, 02:12 PM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by G36
No problem and thanks!

Did you buy one yet or put a deposit down?
I haven't put a deposit down yet. As I said earlier, I offered but the dealer just said my word was good enough. I thought that was strange.

It'll be a while before I get mine though because I want ABP/6MT/Navi. He's supposed to get back with me this week to tell me if they have one on the way or if it'll need to be ordered. Maybe once that's ironed out a deposit will be in order??
Old 12-11-2004, 02:20 PM
Cruisin'

I just did a search on VIN number.
Use this post to decipher your build.
https://acurazine.com/forums/showthr...ght=vin+number
Old 12-11-2004, 03:46 PM
G36
Instructor

I second that. My contract had the exact same info. The salesguy has been very calm and not pushy at all.

One question on the Sales Tax. I have to pay Sales Tax based on where I live rite?? Not based on where I pick up the car.

My understanding is, if U were to have the car delivered in your area that would be the sales tax imposed. Otherwise it's taxed in the city/county where U buy or pick up at!
Old 12-11-2004, 07:05 PM
Intermediate

You guys are so lucky to be getting in your cars so soon!!!!

I think this dealer trade with the MT/Navi combo is b0rking things up a little for me. But yes, the salesperson is a pretty nice guy. It's the dealership that has the car I want that is throwing a moneky wrench into things.

So... first person to get their TSX buys the first round of drinks for everyone at the meet?
Old 12-11-2004, 09:02 PM
G36
Instructor

You guys are so lucky to be getting in your cars so soon!!!!

I think this dealer trade with the MT/Navi combo is b0rking things up a little for me. But yes, the salesperson is a pretty nice guy. It's the dealership that has the car I want that is throwing a moneky wrench into things.

So... first person to get their TSX buys the first round of drinks for everyone at the meet?

The thing is, the MT are hard to get for now, not produced like the Autos. If you really it, I would wait for one ear marked for U or do the dealer trade. BUT,, the MT WILL take longer to get. If I wanted it that bad, I would rather wait to get what I want! Just my opinion!
Old 12-11-2004, 10:50 PM
Instructor

So no one has got their cars yet?? I am getting mine tomorrow. Picking it up at 1pm.
Old 12-12-2004, 05:34 AM
Advanced

So no one has got their cars yet?? I am getting mine tomorrow. Picking it up at 1pm.
Lucky!!

Congrats!!

Did he call you?
I'm still waiting for mine. Just a couple more days....
or more... 15th - 25th.. ahhhh.. sooo long...
Old 12-12-2004, 10:35 AM
G36
Instructor

We more than likely won't see ours till Jan.
Old 12-12-2004, 07:56 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by G36
We more than likely won't see ours till Jan.
awww... why?
Old 12-12-2004, 09:03 PM
G36
Instructor

Originally Posted by keichan82
awww... why?

Just not here yet, maybe by the end of Dec if we are lucky. Spoke to the dealer today about it. They go out the door as fast as they come in
Old 12-12-2004, 09:05 PM
G36
Instructor

It was nice meeting you today! Enjoy that beautiful car you just picked up!

It is NICE!

I'm sure you enjoyed the ride home
Old 12-12-2004, 09:25 PM
Cruisin'

Emperuman,

Did the dealer give you your $500 rebate when you picked up your car?
Old 12-13-2004, 12:11 AM
Intermediate

Emperuman... pics!!!!! We wanna see some pics!!!!!
Old 12-13-2004, 12:45 AM
Instructor

Yes I got it . I just came back home. It was a long day of going there by bus and coming back in the sweet ride. There was an accident on I80 and I was stuck in traffic close to 3 hours. Damn, I did a 159 mile trip in 7 hours. Can u believe that? (well that includes brunch and dinner time too )

I will post some pics tomorrow guys without fail. Havent got my digicam with me, just the SLR.
Old 12-13-2004, 12:46 AM
Instructor

Originally Posted by tsxforme2005
Emperuman,

Did the dealer give you your $500 rebate when you picked up your car?
He said he needs 6 cars off the lot and all the 6 transactions should be clean (like someone not giving him a bounced cheque or something), before he sends us the rebate.
Old 12-13-2004, 12:56 AM
Instructor

Originally Posted by G36
It was nice meeting you today! Enjoy that beautiful car you just picked up!

It is NICE!

I'm sure you enjoyed the ride home
It was nice meeting u too. And hey, thanks for setting this up for all of us. Its greatly appreciated. The drive back home was hell.

It was only the last 30 miles or so, that I really stretched the machine's legs a bit. Took the rpms upto 6K for a couple of secs. It was fun. Cant wait to complete the breakin period.
Old 12-13-2004, 01:04 AM
G36
Instructor

Old 12-13-2004, 01:15 AM
Intermediate

Congrats on the new car!!!

Hey, I'd prefer to be stuck in traffic with a TSX than not having a TSX!!!
Old 12-13-2004, 01:29 AM
Instructor

It looks like youre it at the get together! hahah

In a seriousness Emperuman, congrats on the ride!! Can't wait to see those pics!!
Old 12-13-2004, 02:11 AM
G36
Instructor

Originally Posted by Johnny76
It looks like youre it at the get together! hahah

In a seriousness Emperuman, congrats on the ride!! Can't wait to see those pics!!

Jonhhy 76

Are you still in on the buy? U can't pass this one up, price is to good.
Old 12-13-2004, 09:32 AM
Instructor

Originally Posted by G36
Jonhhy 76

Are you still in on the buy? U can't pass this one up, price is to good.
Yes, I'm still on the buy. Hopefully I can make it down this weekend to make my deposit.
Old 12-13-2004, 11:14 AM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Johnny76
Yes, I'm still on the buy. Hopefully I can make it down this weekend to make my deposit.
so everyone is putting down a deposit? i'm still puzzled that the dealer didn't want me to put a deposit down when i talked to him and told him what car i want. do we not do so until we fill out the paperwork?
Old 12-13-2004, 12:06 PM
G36
Instructor

Originally Posted by murphjuice
so everyone is putting down a deposit? i'm still puzzled that the dealer didn't want me to put a deposit down when i talked to him and told him what car i want. do we not do so until we fill out the paperwork?
Murphjuice

He didn't take one from me either. Guess they really don't need to. If someone drops out, it's not like they would have a hard time selling these things!

The thing is, you have to take advantage of this deal because the dealers are allocated so many each delivery and are a little hard to get sometimes. This is why it takes so long to get one! Japan isn't producing many yet!
Old 12-13-2004, 12:53 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by G36
Murphjuice

He didn't take one from me either. Guess they really don't need to. If someone drops out, it's not like they would have a hard time selling these things!

The thing is, you have to take advantage of this deal because the dealers are allocated so many each delivery and are a little hard to get sometimes. This is why it takes so long to get one! Japan isn't producing many yet!
So basically we just have to call or go down there, tell them who we are on the list for the group buy, and place our order? I plan on being in the dealerships area this weekend, thats why I was planning on dropping by.

Quick Reply: Future TSX Buyers : Possible Group Buy in North California?