Excited - Royal Blue Pearl - "It looks like a jewel"

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2006, 08:11 PM
TSX4EVR

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Overtaxed
I really like this one! (your last one)

I'm with you. I love the TSX's stock wheels (2006), but I am debating whether or not to replace my steel wheels for my winter tires with alloys. I am debating whether I want to go up to 17" for my winter wheels. I do have the option of giving the 16" tires I just bought to my husband, as we need winter tires for his Camry, and apparently, they would fit.

But alloys are quite an expense. I'm not sure I want to do that at this point.

I know there are inexpensive alloys for winter. But not sure I want to buy inexpensive ones, as I'll be paying $ anyways and they wouldn't be for the ones I'd really want.... The following one though (Rial Como), isn't too expensive, and I like them a lot... Hmm..... decisions, decisions. Lots of dough. Never thought about spending such dough before I fell in love with dah TSX! haha!

The Rial Como is a nice wheel and not crazy expensive. I'm not a big fan of steelies, but it is a personal choice so I'm not knocking anyone who chooses to go that way. My thinking is that I have a real nice looking vehicle and why do I want to ruin that for 3 to 5 months. (depending where you live)

I'm not sure if I asked you this before, what part of Ontario are you from?

Excited
Old 12-23-2006, 08:16 PM
B A N N E D

B-E-A-utiful color! I looove the tag! Thanks for sharing!!
Old 12-23-2006, 08:59 PM
TSX4EVR

Originally Posted by Overtaxed
No, those are of someone's else's TSX, but with the OEM upgraded wheels. I had never seen them before on the TSX.

Here is my TSX:

Nice looking ride. I hope that they aren't recent pictures, I would be jealous of the grass. You have had a terrific fall and start of winter. It has been full blown winter here for a month and a half.

Excited
Old 12-23-2006, 09:06 PM
TSX4EVR

Originally Posted by TightTsx
B-E-A-utiful color! I looove the tag! Thanks for sharing!!
I have read your other thread, welcome to the board. You have done a lot to your TSX. Looks great. You have done a lot of mods. If you could only do one of them, which mod would you do?

Thanks

Excited
Old 12-23-2006, 09:48 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by excited
The Rial Como is a nice wheel and not crazy expensive. I'm not a big fan of steelies, but it is a personal choice so I'm not knocking anyone who chooses to go that way. My thinking is that I have a real nice looking vehicle and why do I want to ruin that for 3 to 5 months. (depending where you live)

I'm not sure if I asked you this before, what part of Ontario are you from?

Excited
Re: steel wheels: I know. I got a very good deal from my local Acura dealer, and after checking out prices elsewhere, I calculated it was as if my steelies cost 50 dollars. So, I decided to go with them, as winter (I thought!) was coming, and I could replace them later with alloys if I wanted.

I did try and find alloys, but I am trying to match the OEM offset as much as possible. Because they are so high (55 mm), it is difficult to find aftermarket alloys with offsets that are close.

Most wheels I've liked have 42 or 43 mm offset, and I've gotten different opinions from car enthusiasts as to whether that is a little too far off or just limit.

Those photo were actually taken 1-2 months ago, and but yes, the grass still looks like that *today*. This mild weather is unusual for Ontario too.

I live in the Tri-Cities area of Southern Ontario: Kitchener-Waterloo-Cambridge. It's 1 hour west of Toronto. Nice, mid-size town. Although it's growing very quickly (it's been coined the "technology triangle of Canada") (RIM, Toyota Canada, headquarters of several insurance companies, Waterloo University and Wilfred Laurier, etc.)
Old 12-24-2006, 12:09 AM
Registered Car Nut

I'm also waiting for snow, we've had unseasonably warm weather in Montreal. +8C today, with rain. Really doesn't look like Christmas!

I also have put 16" steelies on my TSX, with Pirelli tires. I considered putting Pilots on my stock wheels, but decided against it on 2 counts:
1) the price of the Pilots was more than 16" Pirellis + wheels
2) i wanted to keep my alloys in good condition.

On a previous car, I kept my alloys through the year, but the salt really takes a toll on them. If you plan to get a set of winter alloys, I would recommend that you look into treatments that can be made to the wheels (there must be a way to seal them, and to counteract the corrosion on them). My old alloys had corrosion all over them (not rust, but the aluminium gets very porous)...

Excited, those are phenomenal pics. Keep 'em coming!

Happy Holidays!
Old 12-24-2006, 01:05 AM
TSX4EVR

Originally Posted by ChrismanTSX
I'm also waiting for snow, we've had unseasonably warm weather in Montreal. +8C today, with rain. Really doesn't look like Christmas!

I also have put 16" steelies on my TSX, with Pirelli tires. I considered putting Pilots on my stock wheels, but decided against it on 2 counts:
1) the price of the Pilots was more than 16" Pirellis + wheels
2) i wanted to keep my alloys in good condition.

On a previous car, I kept my alloys through the year, but the salt really takes a toll on them. If you plan to get a set of winter alloys, I would recommend that you look into treatments that can be made to the wheels (there must be a way to seal them, and to counteract the corrosion on them). My old alloys had corrosion all over them (not rust, but the aluminium gets very porous)...

Excited, those are phenomenal pics. Keep 'em coming!

Happy Holidays!
I forgot about that dreaded salt in Ontario and Quebec. They only have very limited use of salt here, so it is not an issue. I lived in Ontario on and off for about 36 years and in the Montreal area for almost 2 years. I still remember driving a big old station wagon which came from Alberta on the Gardiner Expressway in Toronto where I experience salt for the first time. The wagon did not have any windshield washers and it very quickly became almost impossible to see out the windshield. Only throwing some snow, that was still on the car, onto the windshield, made it possible to drive. Later that night I got windshield washers added to the car. I had to pump them with one of my feet for it to work. lol

Pirellis are cool. I remember growing up thinking of them as elite sport car tires.

It's be Christmas like here for a while. But go figure, after enduring over a month of really bad roads with my OEM's, when I finally put my winter tires on, we got a bit of a warm spell and the roads have been totally dry since.

Maybe I should have put them on sooner so that I could have enjoyed the same weather as you and Overtaxed.

Excited
Old 12-24-2006, 01:32 AM
Racer

Thanks for the advice Chrisman. They are trying very hard to reduce the amount of salt where I live now (to protect the groundwater supply), so I was hoping that would help, but I have seen many corroded wheels here in Southwestern Ontario... I came from Quebec actually. Grew up in Montreal.

At first, I liked the black steel wheels. Looked kinda cool (Hey, look, I have my winter tires on ), but yeah, they definitely do not look nice in general. I think maybe because there's no snow yet. Maybe once the snow starts, it'll be covered in snow/dirty, I won't be thinking as much about alloys....

Happy Holidays to both of you too!!
Old 12-26-2006, 12:43 AM
Registered Car Nut

I got fed up with the look of the black steelies... ended up buying a cheap set of wheel covers. they're not very nice to look at compared to my alloys, but they're less unattractive than the black steelies.

Then again, maybe the steelies wouldn't look as bad on a Black car! On my ASM, they look like hell!
Old 12-27-2006, 05:46 AM
Advanced

Alright, finally got around to taking some photos of my TSX with the OEM spoiler.

My next purchase is going to be a connectivity kit for my recently-purchased iPod. The problem with this car is that now that I have it, I like spending money on it. Oh boy.

Old 12-27-2006, 07:36 PM
Racer

My computer is not letting me see the larger pics at this moment, but the little ones are gorgeous.

Spoiler looks great.
Old 12-27-2006, 08:05 PM
TSX4EVR

Originally Posted by BriLam
Alright, finally got around to taking some photos of my TSX with the OEM spoiler.

My next purchase is going to be a connectivity kit for my recently-purchased iPod. The problem with this car is that now that I have it, I like spending money on it. Oh boy.
It's very slow opening the big pics for me as well, but the spoiler looks great. I'm going to give the RBP M3 style spoiler another six months, if it doesn't come available I may also considered the OEM spoiler.

I use this to connect my Ipod and it works great:

Excited
Old 12-27-2006, 11:48 PM
Registered Car Nut

This looks nice! I keep forgetting to bring my darn iPod to charge it! Plus, with just the 1/8" jack, there is still the issue of making sure the volume is way up on the iPod...

This adapter would take care of both these issues for sure. How much did you pay for that?
Old 12-28-2006, 05:53 AM
Advanced

Is that FM modulated, though? I am looking for a hard connection.
Old 12-28-2006, 08:59 PM
TSX4EVR

This looks nice! I keep forgetting to bring my darn iPod to charge it! Plus, with just the 1/8" jack, there is still the issue of making sure the volume is way up on the iPod...

This adapter would take care of both these issues for sure. How much did you pay for that?
I tried to go back on posts to see what I exactly paid but couldn't find it. It was around $50 at London Drugs.

It connects to the docking port of the Ipod and sounds excellent. All of the power and audio connections take place in the arm console. I think it is the best sounding audio source in the TSX.

Excited[/QUOTE]
Old 12-28-2006, 09:03 PM
TSX4EVR

Is that FM modulated, though? I am looking for a hard connection.
It is a hard connection. As mentioned in the post above it connects to the docking port of the Ipod, you need to buy a seperate cable to go from the monster cable to the TSX input.

It sounds terrific.

One thing else that I did was to upgrade the front speakers.

I installed Alpine 171A's in the front doors and the dash tweeters. They are an inexpensive upgrade ($189 Cdn) and they sound great. They really help to bring out the vocals and the highs. The bass was a little tighter as well.

Excited[/QUOTE]
Old 12-28-2006, 11:11 PM
Advanced

Can you control the iPod from the steering wheel and/or factory radio? I think because of that I am leaning towards the USA-SPEC right now.
Old 12-28-2006, 11:18 PM
Intermediate

why is this thread even here? nobody has posted since december 2005
Old 12-28-2006, 11:19 PM
Intermediate

why is this thread even here, nobody has posted since december 2005
Old 12-29-2006, 06:23 AM
Advanced

Are you kidding? People have kept it alive since it was created about a year ago. Did you happen to check any of the succeeding pages?

This is a RBP breeding ground.
Old 12-29-2006, 11:09 AM
Advanced

that car is sexy really like it good choice!
Old 12-29-2006, 11:02 PM
Have camera, will travel

Originally Posted by TSXACE
why is this thread even here, nobody has posted since december 2005
Old 12-29-2006, 11:58 PM
TSX4EVR

Can you control the iPod from the steering wheel and/or factory radio? I think because of that I am leaning towards the USA-SPEC right now.
You can only control the volume of the sound from the Ipod, via any of the TSX controls, with this connection.

Excited
Old 12-30-2006, 01:05 AM
Registered Car Nut

I'm also considering the USA-Spec for the same reason... then again, with the right playlist, i really don't have to worry about changing tunes!

Thanks for the info excited! I'll look up for that charger/adapter... looks really good!
Old 03-04-2007, 12:57 PM
TSX4EVR

I haven't post anything about my RBP TSX this year so far. It has been a crappy winter and it has been difficult to keep any coloured car clean for more than a day less than a few blocks.

The TSX continues to be super. I find it great in the snow, it continues to be super to drive and hec we even have a low windshield washer fluid warning. (Saw it for the first time yesterday)

In about a month's time I should be able to kick off the year with a good claying, polishing and waxing.

Excited
Old 03-04-2007, 07:45 PM
Advanced

yea i like the license plate
Old 03-11-2007, 06:28 PM
TSX4EVR

I do have a Royal Blue Pearl TSX We don't use salt around here too much in the winter, but we do use a lot of sand. The last number of days we have had mild weather and the tons of snow we got this year is melting and with it the sand is flowing on to the roads, making them very muddy and wet. Needless to say my TSX was never dirtier than it was today, before I washed it.

It looks fantastic when it's all nice and clean.

Excited
Old 03-11-2007, 11:23 PM
Registered Car Nut

I love the feeling of washing your car after a number of days of crap... Just washed mine for the first time in 3 weeks... We had snow, more snow (+ salt), than arctic cold, then snow (+ salt), then more cold... We got to +2C yesterday, so I washed my baby!!!

Took her to the touchless car wash, and finished her up nicely at home!

Excited: time for new pics!
Old 03-11-2007, 11:24 PM
Team Owner

Received 105 Likes on 69 Posts
I washed my car yesterday for the first time since last August.

Snow + Salt = owned....
Old 03-12-2007, 09:45 PM
TSX4EVR

I love the feeling of washing your car after a number of days of crap... Just washed mine for the first time in 3 weeks... We had snow, more snow (+ salt), than arctic cold, then snow (+ salt), then more cold... We got to +2C yesterday, so I washed my baby!!!

Took her to the touchless car wash, and finished her up nicely at home!

Excited: time for new pics!
In a few weeks I will be able to clay, polish and wax it, then I will take a few pics.

I would like to say that it has been an awful winter, but the truth is that it has been a normal winter. It has just been that they last few, especially last year have been very good winters. Needless to say it has been very clean long enough to take a pic this past winter. No global warming here this year.

I have avoided the dreaded door ding, but finally got my first windshield chip/crack.

I love my TSX, it's been super.

Excited
Old 03-13-2007, 08:50 PM
TSX4EVR

Ooops

I must have picked up a screw in my passenger side rear tire early in my drive to work. I never felt that the tire was low or totally flat at all. I drove to work (20 kms/13 miles) no problems but when I came out to my car, someone had left a note on my windshield, saying that they had an airpump and left their office number. I looked around at my tires and saw the rear tire very low. I drove to a gas station very near by and filled it, then went to where I purchased the tire to get it fixed. They found the screw, but I guess I rode unknowingly too long with the tire flat and the rim cutting into the tire. The tire was ruined and unfortunately it was a winter tire that was in high demand. They are all sold out of this tire so they put my spare on and I will put my summer tires on a few weeks early.

I have had the odd flat tire before and there has always been the thump thump thump of the flat tire. This time I felt nothing. Perhaps it is the low profile of the tire.

Regardless, I feel like a gumba. At least I did not hurt my rim.

Perhaps this is a selling point for the TSX, rides so smooth you can even ride on the rims! Maybe Acura may put that idea on the back burner.

Excited
Old 03-13-2007, 09:58 PM
Still Lovin my 06

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
say hello my friends to the thread that never ends!
Old 03-14-2007, 12:10 AM
Registered Car Nut

Sorry to hear that Excited! and you had sprung for the Pilot Alpins too, right? Not pleasant to pay for the set, but even worse having to pay for a replacement...

Weather is getting warmer here; we've been above freezing all week, and I'm getting the itch to put back my summers back on. I know most people hate the '06 OEM wheels, but they look much better than my steelies with covers... Just couldn't justify buying alloys for them to get eaten away by the salt...

A few more weeks, and time to do the old switcheroo! Then a full detailing and she'll be good as new!
Old 03-14-2007, 12:13 AM
Registered Car Nut

Originally Posted by bradykp
say hello my friends to the thread that never ends!
Keeping a thread this long takes dedication!!!
Old 03-14-2007, 08:09 PM
TSX4EVR

Sorry to hear that Excited! and you had sprung for the Pilot Alpins too, right? Not pleasant to pay for the set, but even worse having to pay for a replacement...

Weather is getting warmer here; we've been above freezing all week, and I'm getting the itch to put back my summers back on. I know most people hate the '06 OEM wheels, but they look much better than my steelies with covers... Just couldn't justify buying alloys for them to get eaten away by the salt...

A few more weeks, and time to do the old switcheroo! Then a full detailing and she'll be good as new!
I have my all season (summer tires) on now. I spent a little too much time in ths showroom and started asking about new wheels and better summer tires.

So what do you think of this wheel. It is a Falken Circuit Spec wheel in gun metal. I wasn't sure if I would like gun metal with the RBP but when they held it up against the TSX it looked pretty good: (They look better in person that in the picture)

I also looked at some Falken tires, one was a pure summer tire FK - 452, the other was an all season Falken tire Ziex ZE 512 but he said that it would perform better than the OEM and would better suit my driving style. (I don't really race the TSX)

So what do you think? I don't like to pay big bucks for wheels and right now each wheel is $80 off. I can get the wheels and tires for about $1400 Cdn including tax.

Excited
Old 03-20-2007, 12:55 AM
No Longer a Poseur

I hear it's getting warmer tomorrow (but from the weather on Monday, Winter seemed to still have a good hold on things).

I was going to get a set of Nokian Hakka RSi's put on for this winter, but I missed the KalTire sale, and I guess I was also a bit low on cash, given I cringed at the $1100 pricepoint. The car handles admirably on the Michelins, but I'm definitely saving for Nokians next winter. My plan is to get them to take the Michelins off and give them to me then mount Nokians on the stock rims. Then, come spring, I'm going to probably buy a set of RonJon Servo's before the thaw, then take the rims and Michelins to get mounted. Of course, that also means I'm going to look for a good tourque wrench and floor jack at that time as well.... time to stop spending like a lunatic and save up for all the goodies!

I like the Servo's since I'm kinda a "stock look" guy. I really like the look of the car stock, and I think the Servo's almost look like a wheel that Acura might make (while being cheaper than a set of actual Acura wheels....but I might see if the Chrome Acura centre caps fit and match the RonJon wheels). As for the wheel you pointed out, I don't really like dark-coloured rims, since I think they always look like they have brake dust all over them....but, to each his/her own.
Old 03-20-2007, 08:06 PM
TSX4EVR

The Ron Jon Servo's are nice wheels.

To be honest I never thought that I would like dark coloured wheels either, but these didn't look too bad.

I didn't buy them though. We have been doing a lot of reno's with still a few more to come, it wasn't where I wanted to put my money. I didn't absolutely love them by any means, so I will wait until I find great wheels at a great price.

I was amazed how much I did like the gunmetal look.

Excited
Old 03-21-2007, 06:52 PM
in the 24th and a half...

Received 38 Likes on 37 Posts
Any RBP'e's got any response from any of the vendors on eBay who'll show RBP lip spoilers on a search, but when you drill down into the listing, oh dear, not available. I've sent several e-mails, no response.
Old 03-21-2007, 08:52 PM
TSX4EVR

I haven't heard back from them either. I never would have figured that it would take that long.

I like my TSX spoilerless, but every once in a while when a TSX goes by with an OEM spoiler, I sometimes wish I had got one.

Excited
Old 03-21-2007, 10:24 PM
Registered Car Nut

Originally Posted by excited
ISo what do you think of this wheel. It is a Falken Circuit Spec wheel in gun metal. I wasn't sure if I would like gun metal with the RBP but when they held it up against the TSX it looked pretty good: (They look better in person that in the picture)
I also looked at some Falken tires, one was a pure summer tire FK - 452, the other was an all season Falken tire Ziex ZE 512 but he said that it would perform better than the OEM and would better suit my driving style. (I don't really race the TSX)

So what do you think? I don't like to pay big bucks for wheels and right now each wheel is $80 off. I can get the wheels and tires for about $1400 Cdn including tax.

Excited
I think those wheels would look good on your RBP... I'm not typically attracted to darker wheels, but those look OK. As for the tires, anything will be better than the OEM Michelins! Between the low traction, noise level, and tramlining, I think anything will be an upgrade! I'm already starting to think about what tires I'll be upgrading to... siince I only have about 7000km on them (the remaining 4000km on my winters), I have some time to make my decision!

Quick Reply: Excited - Royal Blue Pearl - "It looks like a jewel"