Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2006, 08:13 PM
jpt
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by swirlie
Good choice in colour.
Thanks
Just found out that it's probably going to be at least 3 months. Oh well, hopefully I'll get it before my birthday (28 June)
Old 02-09-2006, 10:53 PM
TSX4EVR

Originally Posted by jpt
Thanks
Just found out that it's probably going to be at least 3 months. Oh well, hopefully I'll get it before my birthday (28 June)
Congrats on your colour choice and especially on your choice of cars. You will love it. I look forward to seeing your pics when you get it.

Excited
Old 02-09-2006, 11:35 PM
TSX4EVR

Originally Posted by exexexex
Been reading the thread for 2 days,nice car,great color! I haven't got mine yet,but....speaker upgrade is what I have already considered since I used to have my cars with alpine set up all the time,alpine simply rules.Let us know how the Type-S components turn out!
They were booked up today but I have an appointment for 9:00 am Friday so I will be posting tomorrow how they sound. I sure hope that they sound good and there are no problems. I'm not normally a worrier and this is just a simple speaker change out but I have had bad luck before with mods.

I was hoping tonight at floor hockey that the guy with the Indigo Blue TSX would bring it. I washed my TSX again tonight so it would look it's best and I brought my camera, but he didn't bring his TSX. He said that he doesn't drive it much in the winter. We essentially haven't had winter but I guess he wants to avoid the sand on the roads.

On the mid when you select it, it shows your average gas mileage. Today for the first time I noticed it climbing as I sat in it while it was idling warming up. It is a bit of a wake up call to actually see it visually climb. I will reduce my warm up times from now on.

Excited
Old 02-10-2006, 12:08 AM
10th Gear

Originally Posted by jpt
Thanks
I think that might have been my car he was trying to give you! My 2006 RBP/MT/navi car was built on 2/3 and is expected early March. And now the waiting begins...

Love these pictures by the way.
Old 02-10-2006, 05:10 PM
Swinger, just ask Lindy

Originally Posted by excited
I was hoping tonight at floor hockey that the guy with the Indigo Blue TSX would bring it. I washed my TSX again tonight so it would look it's best and I brought my camera, but he didn't bring his TSX. He said that he doesn't drive it much in the winter. We essentially haven't had winter but I guess he wants to avoid the sand on the roads.

On the mid when you select it, it shows your average gas mileage. Today for the first time I noticed it climbing as I sat in it while it was idling warming up. It is a bit of a wake up call to actually see it visually climb. I will reduce my warm up times from now on.

Excited
Sun (it's about 10C or higher right now!) + weekend = washing my car tomorrow! w00t! I'll see about pix when I'm done, but I'm booked after the wash so the pix wouldn't come online till later. Can't wait until I get all my supplies for a good ole claybarrin'!

Watch your fuel consumption fresh after resetting your trip odo. It updates every 2 or 3 seconds and fluctuates WILDLY for the first 50km or so. In the span of one red light, I had it go from ~8L/100km to ~15L/100km, sometimes jumping 0.7 in one update.
Old 02-10-2006, 06:55 PM
TSX4EVR

Sun (it's about 10C or higher right now!) + weekend = washing my car tomorrow! w00t! I'll see about pix when I'm done, but I'm booked after the wash so the pix wouldn't come online till later. Can't wait until I get all my supplies for a good ole claybarrin'!

Watch your fuel consumption fresh after resetting your trip odo. It updates every 2 or 3 seconds and fluctuates WILDLY for the first 50km or so. In the span of one red light, I had it go from ~8L/100km to ~15L/100km, sometimes jumping 0.7 in one update.
It was right after resetting it that I did notice the rapid rise. I haven't seen 8L/100 kms yet. I range between 9.2 and 10.5. It is all city driving. Driving in SS really affects fuel mileage, but this is mostly because I kind of get in a racing kind of mood and accelerate quickly.

BTW - I'm okay with metric units such as celcius and kilometers but I hate L/100 kms. Give me the old mpg. (Don'tt get me going on air pressure) lol

Excited[/QUOTE]
Old 02-10-2006, 07:12 PM
TSX4EVR

Been reading the thread for 2 days,nice car,great color! I haven't got mine yet,but....speaker upgrade is what I have already considered since I used to have my cars with alpine set up all the time,alpine simply rules.Let us know how the Type-S components turn out!
Well I got the Alpine SPS 171A speakers installed in my front doors and dash. (I did not change the rear door and rear subwoofer speakers)

Now the difference in sound isn't blow your brains out Wow but it is the next thing to it. The upgrade did exactly what I had hoped. It brought the vocals out from the background to the forefront and produces nice crisp highs. The bass is tighter as well. It helps to reproduce the sound more accurately, makes a greater sense of realism and is a much more enjoyable sound.

I'm not a speaker technical guy but a couple of things that they told me with the SPS 171A's is that they were able to use the existing Acura crossovers to the tweeters and they had to add one spacer ring.

I am very please with the upgrade and give it .

For those in the Edmonton area I got it done by FX Audio on 101 st, 108 ave.

Excited[/QUOTE]
Old 02-10-2006, 07:34 PM
Instructor

Well I got the Alpine SPS 171A speakers installed in my front doors and dash. (I did not change the rear door and rear subwoofer speakers)

Now the difference in sound isn't blow your brains out Wow but it is the next thing to it. The upgrade did exactly what I had hoped. It brought the vocals out from the background to the forefront and produces nice crisp highs. The bass is tighter as well. It helps to reproduce the sound more accurately, makes a greater sense of realism and is a much more enjoyable sound.

I'm not a speaker technical guy but a couple of things that they told me with the SPS 171A's is that they were able to use the existing Acura crossovers to the tweeters and they had to add one spacer ring.

Excited
[/QUOTE]

sounds good,congrats on the upgrade! I have one question though..... Where did they put those 2 tweeters? On the dash? I am bit curious,need any custom fitting?
Old 02-10-2006, 07:36 PM
TSX4EVR

It is suppose to be plus 10 C (50 F) here on Sunday. (My boss is in Memphis this afternoon and it was 32 F and snowing, go figure). Saturday I am going to get my garage very clean and as dust free as possible. I am going to clay my car in my attached garage with the door to the house open to help warm up the garage to slightly more than the projected 10C/50F. I will also polish and wax her. Washing the car before and after the claying process will be the trickiest. I may run over to the wand wash to do it and just give it a soaking when I get back home. The roads are very very dusty right now. I will also condition the leather seats with lexol. I still have to get a few more micro fibre towels for the wiping of the clay lubricant, polish and wax.

Excited[/QUOTE]
Old 02-10-2006, 10:41 PM
TSX4EVR

sounds good,congrats on the upgrade! I have one question though..... Where did they put those 2 tweeters? On the dash? I am bit curious,need any custom fitting?
I wasn't there when they did it, but the tweeters that come with the component SPS 171A's, replaced the OEM tweeters and from what I could tell from what they said, there was no problem with the fit.

I went to Cdn Tire a short while ago to get the last of my detailing supplies for this Sunday and on the way home, Nelly Furtado's song, "I'm like a bird" came on. ( I know not the coolist song to listen to ). During the song there is an occasional tinging sound as I believe that the instrument called a triangle is hit. The ting is crystal clear, lasts for a while and sounds like it is right in the car.

No question the sound is much, much better for not a lot of money.

Excited
Old 02-11-2006, 07:27 PM
TSX4EVR

It was like spring here today it was so sunny and warm. It was almost 10C / 50 F today. People were out doing lots of walking and some were doing some spring cleaning..

I first cleaned my garage and made it spotless in preparation for tomorrow's claying, polishing and waxing. I had time left so I decided to wash it by hand that way I did not have to drive home from the wand wash on the dusty roads.

I followed all of the washing tips from this forum and other sites including using a real sheepskin glove, two buckets of water with Meguiars car wahing soap and lots of rinsing. The TSX is now all nice and shiny.

The only down side to this, is that they are calling for a little snow on Monday. Not a lot, but it won't take a lot to get the dusty roads mucky. This will be followed by the first cold weather in a long time.

So I may only really enjoy the fruits of my efforts for a few hours. I'm still going to do it. Claying will get the paint surface smooth and clean, the polish and wax will help protect the TSX for the balance of the winter until the real spring comes.

I did Lexol the leather today and polished up all the vinyl. While washing the car, I also washed the wheels. They stay remarkably clean and there is no sign of the dreaded brake dust. There are not expensive wheels, but they sure stay clean.

Hopefully I will have some real shiny pics to show tomorrow.

Excited
Old 02-11-2006, 08:18 PM
jpt
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Anteros
I think that might have been my car he was trying to give you! My 2006 RBP/MT/navi car was built on 2/3 and is expected early March. And now the waiting begins...
Whoops, sorry for trying to snipe you Good thing I didn't get it!

I think we may be the only two 6mt navi RBP in the states.
Old 02-12-2006, 12:11 AM
Swinger, just ask Lindy

Well, it turned out to be less sunny (expected sun/cloud mix, got mostly cloud) than I was expecting, but onward with the wash. Yesterday after work, I picked up a new microfibre drying towel and an Aussie sheepskin mitt (omfg is that thing SOOOOFT!!) in preparation for the event.

We can't let excited get the monopoly on RBP pictures, can we?
Pictures follow (no tire dressing, yet...):

I just loooove how perfect the reflection of the hose is in the last shot.
Old 02-12-2006, 01:14 AM
TSX4EVR

Well, it turned out to be less sunny (expected sun/cloud mix, got mostly cloud) than I was expecting, but onward with the wash. Yesterday after work, I picked up a new microfibre drying towel and an Aussie sheepskin mitt (omfg is that thing SOOOOFT!!) in preparation for the event.

We can't let excited get the monopoly on RBP pictures, can we?

I just loooove how perfect the reflection of the hose is in the last shot.
RBP rules!! Great pics, the reflection of the hose shows off just how shiny and reflective the RBP is.

Today was the first day that my TSX actually sat for awhile in the driveway. I had one neighbour come over and asked a lot of questions about and wanted to see the inside as well. He loved it and said how luxurious it look and how great it looked on the outside.

While I was cleaning the garage my wife pulled me aside and pointed to a guy and a dog that had just walked by. She said that he always walks by and never says anything but when he walked by the RBP TSX he did a major double take.

I have read up some more on claying, polishing and waxing so hopefully thing will go well tomorrow.

Here's how it looked today after I washed it, just before the sun went down. Almost looks like two different colours. Notice the lack of snow.

Excited
Old 02-12-2006, 08:43 AM
Instructor

Originally Posted by jpt
Whoops, sorry for trying to snipe you Good thing I didn't get it!

I think we may be the only two 6mt navi RBP in the states.
Only until the end of March, when my RBP/6MT/Parchment/Navi arrives. I've had this baby on order since Jan 2 and I am very anxious for it to be here. I am honored to be joining the RBP club!
Old 02-12-2006, 06:16 PM
TSX4EVR

Well I spent the afternoon detailing my baby.

Yesterday I washed it in preparation for claying today. I used Mequiars clay and detailing spray as a lubricant. It was my first time claying, I followed all of the instructions and it was pretty easy. I didn't do it in record time and it took me about 40 minutes. I washed it again to remove any possible claying residue.

I then used Meguiars step 1 paint cleaner (50 minutes), step 2 polish (45 minutes) and Meguiars NXT generation wax (40 minutes). As you went through each step the finish got better and better. The paint surface is much, much better now. It is better than when I first picked it up from the dealer.

Unfortunately by the time I finished the sun was getting low again so no spectacular pics. Trust me when I say that some surfaces are like a mirror and the paint surface is smooth and many of the micro scratches gone. Also gone is one spot which was not properly waxed by the dealer.

Today it warmed to 11C (over 50 F). The snow is going to hold off but by Thursday for really the first time it is going to get very cold down to 30C (30F). The ironic thing is with all the time that I have spent detailing the TSX, I have missed what I like best and that is driving it and listening to my new speakers.

Excited
Old 02-12-2006, 08:39 PM
Swinger, just ask Lindy

As you went through each step the finish got better and better. The paint surface is much, much better now. It is better than when I first picked it up from the dealer.
Good to know when I get to do it!

In the spirit of Torino, I shall give you Olympic Gold.
Old 02-12-2006, 09:32 PM
TSX4EVR

LOL

I would like to thank all the people who help me earn the gold medal. I could not have achieved the high paint quality without the help of all of the tips and a tee shirt full of sweat from all of the polishing.

Excited
Old 02-13-2006, 10:22 AM
Still Lovin my 06

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
does anyone remember what thread had the link to the video showing the effectiveness of the clear bra (3M?)
Old 02-13-2006, 01:57 PM
Overlord

Pw+1

And page 16
Old 02-13-2006, 07:14 PM
TSX4EVR

Originally Posted by bradykp
does anyone remember what thread had the link to the video showing the effectiveness of the clear bra (3M?)
Is this the thread that you are looking for:
https://acurazine.com/forums/showthr...ht=clear+video

Excited
Old 02-13-2006, 07:23 PM
TSX4EVR

Frig or is spelt frigg

Parked my nice shiny TSX at work. Came out at the end of the day expecting my nice shiny TSX and it was covered in a fine dust. I thought that I didn't think it was that windy. I look around and all of the cars were covered in the fine dust.

I then heard a couple of loud thumps and I look over and say oh yes that's the reason. They are demolishing two small buildings at the end of the parking lot and all of the dust from the demolition fell on our parking lot.

We are suppose to get some light snow tonight and tomorrow so no point in washing it.

I had hope that I would get one day's worth of a newly waxed car. Hence the word Frig.

Excited
Old 02-14-2006, 01:11 AM
Swinger, just ask Lindy

I only just turned on the reset-on-fillup, so I'll see what happens next time.
i fill the tank, and even though the setting is set to resest trip after fueling, it does not reset.
Just filled up today. The tripA odo and fuel consumption A reset either when I turned on the car, or very soon after. I checked as I pulled out of the gas station.
Old 02-14-2006, 01:15 AM
Swinger, just ask Lindy

Parked my nice shiny TSX at work. Came out at the end of the day expecting my nice shiny TSX and it was covered in a fine dust. I thought that I didn't think it was that windy. I look around and all of the cars were covered in the fine dust.

We are suppose to get some light snow tonight and tomorrow so no point in washing it.

I had hope that I would get one day's worth of a newly waxed car. Hence the word Frig.

Excited
I know how you feel. I got my car all nice and shiny and it rained last night when I was out. So I had to drive in the rain last night and on wet roads this morning... road splatter is evil. At least it wasn't toooo bad.
Old 02-14-2006, 07:59 AM
Still Lovin my 06

Is this the thread that you are looking for:
https://acurazine.com/forums/showthr...ht=clear+video

Excited
no that wasnt it, but thanks for the help. i'm looking for the video that demonstrates with the gravel machine how well the bra works. can't remember what thread it was in, and haven't been able to find it with the search function.
Old 02-14-2006, 08:48 PM
TSX4EVR

no that wasnt it, but thanks for the help. i'm looking for the video that demonstrates with the gravel machine how well the bra works. can't remember what thread it was in, and haven't been able to find it with the search function.
I can't find the thread, but perhaps this is the link to the video:

http://solutions.3m.com/wps/portal/!ut/p/kcxml/04_Sj9SPykssy0xPLMnMz0vM0Y_QjzKLN4g3Mg4CSYGYxqb6kW hCjhgiRsZeGGKW7liU-SDEfD3yc1P1g1Lz4kOD9b31A_QLckOBIKLc0VFREQAkbHo5/delta/base64xml/L0lJYVEvd05NQUFzQURzQUVBLzRJVUZDQSEhLzZfMF8yM0svZW 5fVVM!

Excited
Old 02-14-2006, 10:01 PM
Drifting

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Excited, I gotta tell you... I thought I loved my TSX but with this thread and the information that you provide on your new '06, I can easily say that you adore yours. It's a beauty!

Thought I'd give you a little compliment for all your good work. Keep it up!
Old 02-15-2006, 08:06 PM
TSX4EVR

Originally Posted by Sclass88
Excited, I gotta tell you... I thought I loved my TSX but with this thread and the information that you provide on your new '06, I can easily say that you adore yours. It's a beauty!

Thought I'd give you a little compliment for all your good work. Keep it up!
Thanks! My wife doesn't quite say the same positive things about my passion.

It's turning darn cold here for a few days so I washed the TSX so it would look it's best for my sister's first viewing. I dried off all the water around the doors so that they would not freeze.

I'm still getting lots of great comments. You guys lead me to one fine car.

Excited
Old 02-16-2006, 07:33 PM
Instructor

Excited
[/QUOTE]

Congrats on the speaker upgrade. I've been away for a week and good to see that this thread is alive and informative as ever. I bought El dudes AVINCAR speaker set and will get that installed in the next week or two by a pro installer. I am super nervous about having the doors taken apart and then put back together since the car is so new and I am so meticulous with my car. Did you find that everything was put back together okay? No scratches or rattles on the door panel or dashboard?
Old 02-16-2006, 11:17 PM
TSX4EVR

Originally Posted by TSXdawg

Congrats on the speaker upgrade. I've been away for a week and good to see that this thread is alive and informative as ever. I bought El dudes AVINCAR speaker set and will get that installed in the next week or two by a pro installer. I am super nervous about having the doors taken apart and then put back together since the car is so new and I am so meticulous with my car. Did you find that everything was put back together okay? No scratches or rattles on the door panel or dashboard?
To be honest I was nervous as well. I told them that it was my baby, that it was new and had no scratches inside or out. They looked very competent and were well recommended so that eased my mind a little.

The first thing I did before listening to the speakers was to check both the inside and outside of the TSX. It was still just like new.

I think if you find good installers you have little to worry about. I asked around before choosing one. The guys that installed my remote starter actually recommended FX-Audio to me and they were very professional.

Speaking of remote starters, it was very cold here today for the first time in a long time. It was great coming down to a warm car and already heated seats.

Excited
Old 02-18-2006, 04:01 PM
TSX4EVR

My sister had a ten minute ride in the TSX for the first time today. She really liked the colour and the look of the inside and out of the TSX. She thought that the navi was pretty coll and that the car was luxurious. The thing that she commented on the most (3 times) was how great the sound system sounded. I was playing songs off of the nano on the new Alpine speakers.

I never had people comment on how good the sound system was prior to the speaker upgrade!

Excited
Old 02-18-2006, 05:22 PM
Pro

let me be the second to tell you that the sound from your new alpine speakers are terrific!
love the nano!
Old 02-18-2006, 06:19 PM
Instructor

My sister had a ten minute ride in the TSX for the first time today. She really liked the colour and the look of the inside and out of the TSX. She thought that the navi was pretty coll and that the car was luxurious. The thing that she commented on the most (3 times) was how great the sound system sounded. I was playing songs off of the nano on the new Alpine speakers.

I never had people comment on how good the sound system was prior to the speaker upgrade!

Excited
Glad to hear that...I think I finally found a shop that I feel comfortable with to have them install my Avincar speakers in a few days. I've read some excellent reviews of both the Alpine and Avincar speakers. Can't wait to hear the difference it'll make.
Old 02-19-2006, 06:37 PM
TSX4EVR

I remember a thread on whether automatics can spin out or chirp yesterday when it happened.

I didn't mean to, but with the temperature around the freezing mark and with snow tires on dry pavement, I accelerated from stop quickly to cross a few lanes of traffic and I got a really good chirp. Perhaps the extra power of the 06's make it easier to chirp, even if it is by accident.

Excited
Old 02-19-2006, 08:33 PM
TSX4EVR

This may come as a surprise but I washed my TSX today. It is so dry here that it is not getting dirty but it is getting dusty. I have never really experienced that before.

I'm not sure if it because our roads have never been this dusty before, or if the dust collects against the wax, or if I have some kind of static charge that attracts it.

Well it will be nice and clean for the demolition dust to fall on it tomorrow. Most people have to check for rain before they decide to wash their cars, I have to check for wind direction.

Excited
Old 02-19-2006, 11:04 PM
5th Gear

joined the RBP club last week

Joined the Royal Blue Pearl club last week. Finally got around to getting
a couple of coats of Zaino on it and snapped a couple of pics.
It was cloudy today so not the best for getting the color.
But man does it ever shine, looks like glass.
Only had to wait about 4 weeks for it to come in.
Ed

Old 02-20-2006, 10:16 PM
TSX4EVR

edhawk your RBP TSX looks fantastic. Great looking car.

It's good to see one with the OEM spoiler. I debated getting one, but in the end decided to get the M3 style spoiler but that kind of fell through when I got two bum spoilers mailed to me.

Your spoiler gives the TSX a sportier look.

Your shine job looks great. I'll likely have to wait a couple more months before I get the chance to do mine again.

Congrats and great looking Royal Blue Pearl.

(You may find that resizing your pictures to 640x480 will be a better fit)

(I notice that you do not have a front license plate like me. Where are you from?)

Excited
Old 02-22-2006, 06:16 PM
5th Gear

Thanks for the compliments, I thought you would like the color!
I couldn't find a lip spoiler already painted and I didn't really
want to mess with getting it sanded, painted etc, so I just
took the easy way out and got the factory one.
I have had good luck with the zaino products for the past 5 years
or so, I love them.
I live in Missouri, we are supposed to have front plates but I don't
ever put one on my cars, just messes up the front end look usually.
Old 02-22-2006, 06:54 PM
10th Gear

oh man, that looks nice edhawk. I have to stop visting this forum until my TSX comes in. I'm just getting too impatient. Built 2/3 and scheduled to be delivered 3/13. I'll be a member of the RBP club soon enough.
Old 02-22-2006, 08:30 PM
5th Gear

Thanks, that sounds about right on the time frame.
Mine was built 1/6 and got to the dealer on 2/15, they said usually
38 days +/- a day or 2. Probably a couple of days less for you
being on the coast. The wait isn't easy, but its worth it!

Quick Reply: Excited - Royal Blue Pearl - "It looks like a jewel"